Xbox Resource Gamerscore League + Prizes

DJ TapouT

CAG Veteran
Ok guys, I’m one of the main admin guys over at XboxResource.com and at the moment we have sign ups going on for people to come and take part in our newest league.

I am officially inviting you all to come and sign up and be in with a chance of winning a 12 Month Xbox Live Subscription, Child of Eden, Crysis 2, Red Faction Battllegrounds, Mercury Hg and more prizes will be announced later.

The rules are simple each person who signs up will get partnered with a random team mate, and those two team mates will work together to earn the highest gamerscore gain they can do over a set number of weeks.

Each week the team with the lowest overall gamerscore gain is eliminated and we keep going until we eventually have a winner.

More rules will be emailed to you upon the end of the sign up date of October 8th if you are interested and do actually sign up.

Obviously you will need an Xbox Live account, it doesn’t matter if your gold or silver though, and what makes this league fair is as i say its all randomly chosen, you may get partnered with a gamerscore whore or somebody who visits their Xbox once a month.

So come join in and sign up over at http://www.xboxresource.com/league.php

Hope to see some of you come in and join us for what is shaping up to be our sites biggest ever giveaway.

It sounds cool and I like the random partnering twist, but my gaming habits would make me deadweight around my teammate's neck. :razz:

You should still come and join in anyway, its all fun and everybody who joins in knows that its completley random who they get paired with, and the best bit about it is, you may not do anything all league and still come away as one of the winners.

No problem. this should be rather interesting seeing as how many people we have signed up to the league, invite any of your friends along also who may wanna get competitive with you whilst having some fun, the more the merrier.

If you keep an eye on Xboxresource.com also we will be announcing our third set or prizes over the next few days

If you mean in terms of the league and being in with a chance of winning, then who knows its obviously down to all the teams who enter.

Last year though a guy racked up 15+ GS in around 4 weeks, this league will be running for longer though, but id say between two teams mates over a set number of weeks, maybe 20-25k may get you the win or finish higher end of the table.

I can see all the people who join up, and its shaping up really well so far so keep all those entries coming in and as said before invite your friends also

[quote name='NoDAK']It sounds cool and I like the random partnering twist, but my gaming habits would make me deadweight around my teammate's neck. :razz:[/QUOTE]

Same here lol. I want to participate, but I don't want to bring my team down because I only play a few times a week. #-o

[quote name='Jragon']Same here lol. I want to participate, but I don't want to bring my team down because I only play a few times a week. #-o[/QUOTE]

Same here, but I don't mind bringing down the team :) Maybe us like-minded folk will be paired together and it will be all good.

[quote name='victimsofadown']Same here, but I don't mind bringing down the team :) Maybe us like-minded folk will be paired together and it will be all good.[/QUOTE]

I'll just join for fun and see what it's like. :)

[quote name='omegakrimm']lol whats considered a high gamer score?[/QUOTE]

If Xbox ever updates I'm at a little over 40k... I would consider 5-10k gamerscore per year on XBL to be average so it depends on that. Anything over 65k is a lot to me

^According to Microsoft, the average gamerscore on XBL is 10k. I don't see how, but I can't really argue against them.

Anywho, maybe this competition will get me back into the groove of earning achievements. I've been stuck between 40k and 50k for about 10-11 months.

[quote name='NoDAK']It sounds cool and I like the random partnering twist, but my gaming habits would make me deadweight around my teammate's neck. :razz:[/QUOTE]

I have the same concern, but DJ TapouT told me to join anyway. So I did. Now if we get partnered randomly, we'll prolly not win, but we won't hassle each other. :whistle2:D

The random partner sounds like a fun idea, but I don't think it will work out. Not because you might get partnered with someone who doesn't help at all, but it would make people feel pressured to get their GS up, having no fun, and feel like crap if your dragging your partner. Even though I want to play, I also don't want to feel like a jack ass.

It would also piss people off to get partnered with someone who doesn't care, feeling like they were screwed over. It would feel unfair, and not just that you weren't lucky or skilled enough to win, blaming the other person.

It really does seem fun though.

[quote name='DJ TapouT']The rules are simple each person who signs up will get partnered with a random team mate, and those two team mates will work together to earn the highest gamerscore gain they can do over a set number of weeks.[/QUOTE]

This isn't for overall highest. It's based on most gained. So anyone who hasn't played through super easy achievements like Avatar: The Last Airbender, the earlier 360 sports titles, or using the Fallout 3 GFWL glitch, would win pretty easily. You could earn a good 20K if you knew which games to play, but unfortunately stinkers like Jumper would be on your profile. I've already done this...so yeah. =\

wait so the gamer score we have right now doesn't count towards the contest? example i have a 9,5?? gamer score does that count to add it up with my partner? if not im screwed coz i don't have other games to gain the gamer score the games i have are done or the achievements are so hard!

That is correct, your gamerscore is saved when the sign ups start, and every week we scan your tag to see how much GS you and your team mate have gone up then add the two together for the final result

The score you have now will not count as it makes people with over 100k likely to win instantly.

We did this last year and whilst we only had 40 or so people join everybody did have fun, we did get a modder who joined who we instantly banned when we realised he had supposably 1000g Final Fantasy 11 Online, but get this he supposably did the whole game offline, not connected to live.

Some team mates will moan that there partner isnt working, thats agiven, but sadly it cant be stopped. Some other team mates gladly try to help out tho and will try to work together to do the best they can, even if you dont win its all about the fun right?

Your Xbox has to be connected to live at some point or another for your gamerscore to go up on Xbox.com, if we can't scan your newest achievements then your profile and gamerscore gain will remain the same, on the other hand if were seeing way too many achievements earned "Offline" then we may look into it further.

Also to answer the question about the mass emailing spam, you can rest assured that your emails will only be messaged with the full set of rules for the league and each week we will send you a document where you can check to see how your team stacks up against the others, and see who was eliminated.

Once the league is over your gamertag and email will eb wiped from our system, we may store them in an archieve though, so we could inform you of another league or competitions but were unsure yet, We dont normally store information about our users.

Anyway, since advertising on here, we have had a few more sign ups which is amazing, thanks to everyone who has signed up so far and we are now pushing and hoping we get a few more. Thanks for supporting us

bread's done
Back