Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of problem are you having? Did you try uninstalling and re-downloading the Blu Ray App from the Microsoft Store? Check out this article and see if it helps you. If you can play games I can't see why you can't play movies? What region have you selected?

https://www.gamesradar.com/does-xbox-series-x-play-blu-ray/
I’ll check it out. What happens is most movies I try stutter at least a few times through playing them (will pause for a few seconds and can jump like a minute ahead in the movie eventually). The movies work in my other player fine.

Region is US.

I’ll check it out. What happens is most movies I try stutter at least a few times through playing them (will pause for a few seconds and can jump like a minute ahead in the movie eventually). The movies work in my other player fine.

Region is US.
Are these 4K Blu Ray movies you are having stuttering playback issues with? If you are then you are not alone. A quick Google search shows others are experiencing the same thing on the Series X. Check out this search page and the search links and see any of that applies.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=series+x+stuttering+and+playback+blu+ray+issues&t=ffab&ia=web

Anyone buy a Series X from the Microsoft Store recently? The estimated delivery date looks to be two weeks out so I'm curious if that estimate is correct and that I shouldn't expect it to arrive any time soon.

"Unfortunately" I have enough in my Microsoft balance to cover it from the Microsoft Store :bouncy:
Ordered June 23rd, estimated arrival was June 30th, actual delivery was June 28th.

Not sure if you've seen my posts, but ONLY pay with that credit and DO NOT split payment with another payment type.

Ordered June 23rd, estimated arrival was June 30th, actual delivery was June 28th.

Not sure if you've seen my posts, but ONLY pay with that credit and DO NOT split payment with another payment type.
Damn that sucks. Would be nice to get an extra year of warranty through my credit card if I just paid some amount on it. Thanks for the heads up.

Damn that sucks. Would be nice to get an extra year of warranty through my credit card if I just paid some amount on it. Thanks for the heads up.
That's the exact same reason i didn't bother getting the last $20 in M$ credit and used a CC for the last bit. Chaos ensued, lol.

You guys read the fine print? Have to pay for the entire purchase with the credit card to get warranty benefits.
This is what Chase's fine print says for their Freedom card:

Coverage is limited to the original price of the purchased item (as shown on Your itemized sales receipt), less shipping and handling fees, up to a maximum of ten thousand ($10,000.00) dollars per claim and a maximum of fifty thousand ($50,000.00) dollars per Account

What Documents Will You Need to Provide?
The Benefit Administrator will provide the details, but generally You
should be prepared to send:
• Completed and signed claim form
Chase credit card statement (showing the last four (4) digits of the
Account number) demonstrating that the purchase was made on
Your Account
If more than one method of payment was used, please provide
documentation as to additional currency, voucher, points, or any
other payment method utilized
• Copy of the itemized sales receipt

That's the exact same reason i didn't bother getting the last $20 in M$ credit and used a CC for the last bit. Chaos ensued, lol.
I think I'm about to go down the same rabbit hole you did with the your Xbox Series X purchase but for different reasons.

Initially when I put it in my cart a week ago and went to checkout, I noted the final total but did not check out; this was when I did not have enough in my balance to cover it so it was a split payment. So tonight when I tried to order it with enough in my balance to cover it, I got a higher total for different tax amount despite having the same billing. I fiddling around with picking different payment methods to see if it affected my tax amount - it did but it made it worse as the final total was 50 cents more than the previous adjustment. Anyway, I finally selected my Microsoft balance as the final payment and checked out. But for some reason, the confirmation page said my Paypal was charged and not my balance. I promptly canceled the order and tried to buy it again after the cancellation went through but I kept getting an error.

I chatted with customer support and they said the error was the same one you got, where I hit a limit for a premium product (despite me cancelling it). They suggested I wait about 24 hours for my canceled order to disappear from my purchase history before I try to purchase it again. I have no idea if that is what happens to canceled orders. We'll see tomorrow :bomb:

Lesson learned: DO NOT FIDDLE AROUND PAYMENT OPTIONS ON THE MICROSOFT STORE

You guys read the fine print? Have to pay for the entire purchase with the credit card to get warranty benefits.
My card didn't specify this in the past, but I haven't looked closely recently. Thanks, I'll do so for future reference.

I think I'm about to go down the same rabbit hole you did with the your Xbox Series X purchase but for different reasons.

Initially when I put it in my cart a week ago and went to checkout, I noted the final total but did not check out; this was when I did not have enough in my balance to cover it so it was a split payment. So tonight when I tried to order it with enough in my balance to cover it, I got a higher total for different tax amount despite having the same billing. I fiddling around with picking different payment methods to see if it affected my tax amount - it did but it made it worse as the final total was 50 cents more than the previous adjustment. Anyway, I finally selected my Microsoft balance as the final payment and checked out. But for some reason, the confirmation page said my Paypal was charged and not my balance. I promptly canceled the order and tried to buy it again after the cancellation went through but I kept getting an error.

I chatted with customer support and they said the error was the same one you got, where I hit a limit for a premium product (despite me cancelling it). They suggested I wait about 24 hours for my canceled order to disappear from my purchase history before I try to purchase it again. I have no idea if that is what happens to canceled orders. We'll see tomorrow :bomb:

Lesson learned: DO NOT FIDDLE AROUND PAYMENT OPTIONS ON THE MICROSOFT STORE
Sorry to hear that. Not to be a downer and I hope it works out like that, but I have my doubts since I was told the same thing. Perhaps the cancellation will be better than a return for me. Of note, I also fiddled with payment type as i switched from my discover which is my default payment after M$ bucks to the other card. Good luck!

My card didn't specify this in the past, but I haven't looked closely recently. Thanks, I'll do so for future reference.

Sorry to hear that. Not to be a downer and I hope it works out like that, but I have my doubts since I was told the same thing. Perhaps the cancellation will be better than a return for me. Of note, I also fiddled with payment type as i switched from my discover which is my default payment after M$ bucks to the other card. Good luck!
I have an update. Tech support FINALLY got back to me after almost 2 weeks. This is what their email said:

We are happy to let you know that you may proceed with a new order for Xbox Series X, our team has indicated that your account has been override for the Xbox consoles limit purchase for 3 days.

We will be closing this service request.

Thanks Again,
Microsoft Store Support
I tried placing another order. I got an 'insufficient funds' error. Tried get support to place the order, same issue. After support spent some a few hours looking into this for me, I got the following email:
Hi! Upon further checking here there are many times that you redeemed $5 each to turn into Microsoft account balance, that is the reason why we are getting an error saying you have insufficient balance on the account. There is only a limit of how many gift cards can be used to place a single order (not referring to the $ amount but the amount of gift cards redeemed) and yours exceeded that. It does not normally happen if for example that your gift card are only composed of 6 $100 gift cards or 12 $50 gift cards.
So it seems like there's a limit to the number of gift cards that can be redeemed towards a purchase? That's so strange. My balance is made up of about 43 $5 gift cards, 7 $10 gift cards, and then a $50 from Dell and $200 from Microsoft Rewards. Every time I got the 'insufficient funds' error, I looked back at my Microsoft balance and it would always show a number that is not my original balance. One time it showed $373.51, another $245, and then $228.03 (my final total is $546.97); refreshing the page a little after would display my original balance. I'm going to see if there's a way for support to remove some of my gift cards and then deposit it back in larger denominations.

I have another update to my earlier update today (see above). I think I know why you got charged the full amount on your card now (if your circumstances are the same as mine).

The first thing I tried so far is buying this laptop from the Microsoft Store since it costs the same as the Xbox Series X and is covered by my balance. When checking out, I had to wait a fairly long time before a "Something went wrong on our end" error popped up. I tried to check out again. Same thing.

After the second time I placed the order, I got an email saying that my order was processed...EXCEPT IT CHARGED MY CARD when I never selected that as a payment method in the first place. Basically this is the same shit that happened to me the first time around when I tried to buy a Series X and it charged my card instead of my balance!!!

So there it is, too many gift cards is looking more and more like the culprit. Now, I have to find some items that are ~$200-300 to refund and see if I can "reset" my balance.

I used probably 40 different gift cards to buy my xsx from the microsoft store with zero issues on launch then did it again later for a second one. I never had another payment method on file though.

I used probably 40 different gift cards to buy my xsx from the microsoft store with zero issues on launch then did it again later for a second one. I never had another payment method on file though.
Really? They don't make you attach a payment method before you can buy anything from the Store anymore? Hmm...I wonder if I should try to remove my payment methods then.

I have another update to my earlier update today (see above). I think I know why you got charged the full amount on your card now (if your circumstances are the same as mine).

The first thing I tried so far is buying this laptop from the Microsoft Store since it costs the same as the Xbox Series X and is covered by my balance. When checking out, I had to wait a fairly long time before a "Something went wrong on our end" error popped up. I tried to check out again. Same thing.

After the second time I placed the order, I got an email saying that my order was processed...EXCEPT IT CHARGED MY CARD when I never selected that as a payment method in the first place. Basically this is the same shit that happened to me the first time around when I tried to buy a Series X and it charged my card instead of my balance!!!

So there it is, too many gift cards is looking more and more like the culprit. Now, I have to find some items that are ~$200-300 to refund and see if I can "reset" my balance.
That's crazy. I used 4 100, 1 75, and 1 10 from rewards and then a 4 10s i got from gs using $5 coupons and 2 20s i purchased.

I don't usually save a card with a store. Only reason my card was attached to my xbox is because i used it for a purchase on the the website for physical game purchases one Christmas season,but I didn't choose to save the card. Card has been attached ever since.

That's crazy. I used 4 100, 1 75, and 1 10 from rewards and then a 4 10s i got from gs using $5 coupons and 2 20s i purchased.

I don't usually save a card with a store. Only reason my card was attached to my xbox is because i used it for a purchase on the the website for physical game purchases one Christmas season,but I didn't choose to save the card. Card has been attached ever since.
Final update. Support got back to me today with the following email:

For your second inquiry about your gift card balance, the escalation team thoroughly checked your account. As per message, the reason why it doesn’t allow us to process the order is because the Microsoft account balance has multiple lots/redemption. Microsoft account balance can only be used for a single purchase with only 18 lots or less, in this case the lots for your Microsoft account balance is more than 18 reason why it can’t be used for the purchase. Lots is the redemption line item that makes the total amount of account balance, please try to use different payment method or you can try to use it for purchasing other products with a total of 18 redemption per transaction.
So it looks like you can only use 18 redemptions or gift cards at a time. For me, this makes sense as to why I can't even buy a $299 + tax item as it goes over 18 for me (based on my own redemption history). Feelsbadman. It does look like I'm going to have to pre-order stuff to burn through my older gift cards. Thanks for following fellas. :wave: :-({|=

If this is their reasoning, why not just literally put the Series S or X as an actual Microsoft Rewards, uh, reward. Make it the 450,000 reward credits for the X or 270,000 for the S and be done with the issue. Adjust it per user region and pricing, but this solves the issue in one way.

Couldn't a similar solution be done with Microsoft Credit Money? How is a software company so unequipped to handle their own currency program?

"Sorry. The issue is that you have too much of our currency, so instead we'll charge you cash."

What?!

Had one of those Amazon warehouse Series X consoles in my Amazon cart and then it was gone, when I tried to pay.  I think I might just cave and get an Xbox One X.

I think they need a disc drive.
I'm the exact opposite. They need to make a Series X without one. With Gamepass, who buys disc based games anymore besides a small majority of gamers. I used to be a die hard physical guy. Flipped the switch and now I am much happier tbh lol

I'm the exact opposite. They need to make a Series X without one. With Gamepass, who buys disc based games anymore besides a small majority of gamers. I used to be a die hard physical guy. Flipped the switch and now I am much happier tbh lol
Its nice to have a disc drive when Game Fly has $1 month special. It is a good way to test games before you buy them permanently digital.

I'll take the bait too. I buy discs. I got game pass for cheap but probably won't continue it at full price once it expires. I like buying games and picking what I want to play more, I've found. I do buy some digital as well depending on the system, but the whole subscription thing isn't for me.

I have a Series X and a One S. I let a kid use the One S and have it as my primary so I can share game pass with him.

However, when the internet goes out suddenly I can't play anything on my Series X anymore since the other one is my primary. I tried to start Tetris Effect, it and anything else I didn't have a disc for just gives an error "Do you own this game or app?" message.

The internet went out and I couldn't play Tetris. That's dumb.

I have a Series X and a One S. I let a kid use the One S and have it as my primary so I can share game pass with him.

However, when the internet goes out suddenly I can't play anything on my Series X anymore since the other one is my primary. I tried to start Tetris Effect, it and anything else I didn't have a disc for just gives an error "Do you own this game or app?" message.

The internet went out and I couldn't play Tetris. That's dumb.
That's basically what you signed up for when you did account sharing with the other xbox. Instead of having to have two game pass accounts you only need one because of account sharing.

That's basically what you signed up for when you did account sharing with the other xbox. Instead of having to have two game pass accounts you only need one because of account sharing.
Indeed, I'm aware, but with discs it wouldn't matter is my point. I could hand him a disc to that Xbox in the other room or use it in mine (the only trade-off would be we couldn't play the same game at the same time).

It's handy I can share gold/game pass with him easily though (anyone logged into that Xbox can use it on their account without needing to be added to my 'family' in a Microsoft account or anything, it's really nice in that regard), I don't really use either one. I'm all offline single player and would rather buy games. I only have it while the conversion from gold to Ultimate has been cheap, after that I'll probably scrap it. It's not a bad service, I'm just not into services. This was just me biting on a 'who needs discs when there's game pass' bait :p

I think the free digital game offer is relatively weak. The street value of the Series S is more like $200-225.
Then it is a good deal by that logic if you get Madden 23 ($70 value). Brings the value of the series s to $220.
With that being said, I still would not buy it.

I just picked up my Series X from BB after sending it in with my extended Geek Squad Warranty (they sent it out for like 5 weeks). The guy said they replaced the unit itself, does that mean I received like a refurbished console or like a brand new unit?

I just picked up my Series X from BB after sending it in with my extended Geek Squad Warranty (they sent it out for like 5 weeks). The guy said they replaced the unit itself, does that mean I received like a refurbished console or like a brand new unit?
I’d check the serial number under Microsoft support to see what the warranty says.

Amazon has a similar deal now... new Saints Row included with Series S. I can only imagine what Black Friday deals/bundles they'll have.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B7VJMVWP?aaxitk=feb1b55ef5e2ad5f5d63be21dd645269&pd_rd_plhdr=t&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ref=dacx_dp_579090027571051764_588893101832864299&th=1
95% chance there’s a Series S Forza Horizon Hot Wheels Bundle. Maybe $250. I could see a promotion where there’s an extra few months of game pass thrown in.

bread's done
Back