Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Cancelled my series S at Target. I don't need it. Someone else will get it and enjoy it or resell it, but I don't plan to be either of those people.

Best Buy has gone back to "Coming Soon" instead of "Add to Cart".

It was up for a long time... I hope they really had the units to cover all those pre-orders.

No cancellation email from Best Buy yet and my order was placed at 10:30 AM Pacific.

:pray:

It's an option. If you don't pre-order the console, someone else will. Nothing changes. Same number of consoles will be sold.
bro, follow the thread. I was talking about someone buying a console from costco and then returning it when the next console comes out to take advantage of their liberal return policy.

Seems like the Xbox Series X is more limited than the PS5. Did Microsoft even mention any production numbers?
i wasn't part of the PS5 pre-order frenzy (not a PS guy) but it seemed like more people were pissed off on that pre-order. was that because of sheer numbers or because people like walmart jumped the gun?

bro, follow the thread. I was talking about someone buying a console from costco and then returning it when the next console comes out to take advantage of their liberal return policy.

i wasn't part of the PS5 pre-order frenzy (not a PS guy) but it seemed like more people were pissed off on that pre-order. was that because of sheer numbers or because people like walmart jumped the gun?
Every store jumped the gun. Sony said “preorder starting tomorrow!” Then like an hour or so later all the stores had preorders up.

Magically managed to get a ps5 preorder on the second day. I'm guessing it was from all the people canceling their 2nd choice preorders. It was a joke both ways.

PS5 was easier for me because I got lucky as hell. The showcase ended right before I got off work and called my local GameStop to see if they would have preorders the next day and they had just gone up. So today there was more reason to expect that you might miss out, but at least you knew what the stakes were.

Thanks snagged one, just in case the old battery pack doesn't work with the new controllers. If it does I will cancel.
It won't. The charge cable with the XBox One controllers is micro USB, this one is USB-C, probably because that's the port on the Series S/X controllers. Well, the battery *might* work, but the cable definitely won't. Not sure if they upped the charge capacity, but it's likely.

It won't. The charge cable with the XBox One controllers is micro USB, this one is USB-C, probably because that's the port on the Series S/X controllers. Well, the battery *might* work, but the cable definitely won't. Not sure if they upped the charge capacity, but it's likely.
Yep I was more so wondering about the battery because I know the cable is just standard USB-C so you can use pretty much any cable to charge it.

Was able to get in an order for both at Best Buy, now I need to decide which to cancel... Already have the next 3 years of Game Pass covered so just need to figure out if the extra power of the Series X is worth $200...

Was able to get in an order for both at Best Buy, now I need to decide which to cancel... Already have the next 3 years of Game Pass covered so just need to figure out if the extra power of the Series X is worth $200...
As a steelbook collector, that 4k disk drive is pretty dope too!

Really the only reasons I went with the X was the added hard drive space and the disc drive. I’m digital only for games so the drive is only for 4k movies.
I've been reading articles that S series versions of games will be 30% smaller. Of course, the articles could be overly optimistic, and it may be entirely up to developers with some not doing it.

Series X is worth it solely for the fact that the S only has a resolution of 1080p, I believe. Every time I’ve looked at TVs at Best Buy they’re pretty much all 4k at this point. So, if you have a 1080p tv you don’t plan on upgrading during the next console generation the S might work out for you.

As a steelbook collector, that 4k disk drive is pretty dope too!
Yeah that's true! But I'm getting a PS5 with disk drive in any case to fulfill that need, and I already have an Xbox One X. The extra disk space would be kinda nice too though... Does anyone know if it's even worth upgrading from a One X to Series S? Or will the difference be too insignificant for the time being?

I've been reading articles that S series versions of games will be 30% smaller. Of course, the articles could be overly optimistic, and it may be entirely up to developers with some not doing it.
*Up to, if the developer goes through the effort to pull out the full 4k assets if that is something they can get lazy on. It might be a little work to do that, or it could be as easy as the devs make everything else sound. Not 100% sure, but the One X has an option to turn on that downloads 4k assets to enhanced games.

Series X is worth it solely for the fact that the S only has a resolution of 1080p, I believe. Every time I’ve looked at TVs at Best Buy they’re pretty much all 4k at this point. So, if you have a 1080p tv you don’t plan on upgrading during the next console generation the S might work out for you.
1440p and upscales. It'll look really nice still if you don't have a 4k tv and still nice if you do. Just not super nice! :D

I'm fairly certain the Series S will be able to output 1440p natively and upscale to 4k if needed, but correct me if I'm wrong

Yeah that's true! But I'm getting a PS5 with disk drive in any case to fulfill that need, and I already have an Xbox One X. The extra disk space would be kinda nice too though... Does anyone know if it's even worth upgrading from a One X to Series S? Or will the difference be too insignificant for the time being?
Hmm. Well in a few years or so, native games could look better than native games for the One X. But if you value your old XBox One games, the Series S won't actually apply XBox One X enhancements - something about it having less RAM than the One X.

I'm sitting here watching all these youtubers post videos about how they didn't get to preorder. While I'm sitting here looking at my cart with an X in it. Are people still having trouble? I literally just added one. I don't care to order another but honestly it hasn't been all that hard to preorder today.

Edit - forgot to say Best Buy.

1440p and upscales. It'll look really nice still if you don't have a 4k tv and still nice if you do. Just not super nice! :D
Even the "not real 4K" on my PS4 Pro looks pretty good. I can see why they would target the 1080P audience since 4K adoption has been much slower than SD-HD adoption was, and even then in many cases it should still look pretty good IMO.

I'm a Playstation guy, but a $300 next gen console that will be "good enough" for many households along with Gamepass is a pretty good strategy.

I'm sitting here watching all these youtubers post videos about how they didn't get to preorder.
tenor.gif

I'm sitting here watching all these youtubers post videos about how they didn't get to preorder. While I'm sitting here looking at my cart with an X in it. Are people still having trouble? I literally just added one. I don't care to order another but honestly it hasn't been all that hard to preorder today.

Edit - forgot to say Best Buy.
It's the checking out and submitting the order that is the problem. Anyone can add it to their cart.

Even the "not real 4K" on my PS4 Pro looks pretty good. I can see why they would target the 1080P audience since 4K adoption has been much slower than SD-HD adoption was, and even then in many cases it should still look pretty good IMO.

I'm a Playstation guy, but a $300 next gen console that will be "good enough" for many households along with Gamepass is a pretty good strategy.
I think of it like this $300 for a system that plays CoD and Madden for like older kids, teens, etc. Really easy for a family to go for that route especially if they don't buy a lot of games. I mean PS5 is still a fine system but $300 vs $400 and plays CoD, Madden, may make people buy a S over PS5.

You’re right, I play 99.9% of my games on PS, and the Pro does look pretty good. I really don’t know much about gamepass, but it seems like to me one may be playing with fire a bit relying on a service that can add/remove games at a moment’s notice. Maybe I’m just old, but I prefer buying the physical game, playing it, then selling it. 9 times out of 10 I make pretty much all my money back on the game because, well, CAG. I guess I just think the series X would pay for the price difference for that reason alone, and it’s in 4k. The digital editions of both consoles were never a consideration for me even for a second. Again, I may be just old.

Was able to get 3 Series X’s in different accounts at Best Buy. One for me, one for my bro and one for his friend. Funny because neither the site nor the app on the phone worked for either of them but they went through fine on my phone.

It’s financing for people who can’t afford to drop $500 at once. Of course it’s going to be overpriced. This is nothing unusual.

People blame bots, but I blame the people that preorder the console on every single website, and then decide down the line which of the 8 or 9 websites that they pre-ordered from is going to be the one that they actually buy it from.

People blame bots, but I blame the people that preorder the console on every single website, and then decide down the line which of the 8 or 9 websites that they pre-ordered from is going to be the one that they actually buy it from.
I still think it's 80% bots.

And even if it's not...

People will be people. I'm not going to blame a person's buyer's remorse over a bunch of bots, who probably did have a significant hand, doing their thing for people to scalp.

I still think it's 80% bots.

And even if it's not...

People will be people. I'm not going to blame a person's buyer's remorse over a bunch of bots, who probably did have a significant hand, doing their thing for people to scalp.
I blame bots from the 80s.

tenor.gif

I manage to snatch one off best buy at noonish but i am wondering if xbox oen series x is mroe rare than ps5.  Gamestop have a lot more aloocation for ps5 then xbox.  

Was able to get one from Best Buy at 11:53am with only a few off and on again attempts. Much easier than the PS5 which I eventually was able to get. 

bread's done
Back