Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my order in but keep going back just to see what the deal is what in-store pickup. It appears that it's a roll-out, some stores here, some stores there.

Currently says in stock at Portland NE for anyone in Portland, OR.  Only one within 100 miles now.  Maybe they are rotating around.

Got it at Target, those went fast.  Stores kept popping up as in stock and within 10 seconds gone.

My military discount applied to my X, which was suprising.

i cancelled the Amazon and Microsoft order.

May the In Store Pick Up at Targets Gods shine upon me tomorrow.

Assuming Target comes through in the morning, i'll be doing the same.
Yeah, worries me a bit since it says "Now just sit back while we get to work. We’ll reach out soon to let you know your order has shipped." in my email. But maybe that's just generic boilerplate. Hopefully it doesn't mean they will ship it to that store at some time in the future though.

Assuming they do actually have it, I can't get out to this store till late afternoon. Also gotta hope that they hold on to it for me. I know it would be tempting to sell it to someone who walks in early even if it is set aside ;).

I wasn't sure I even wanted one and was leaning towards the S if anything. Except that I still have cheap disc-based copies of games to play. So, yeah. At least this will set off a cascade of upgrades in my family. If I get this, my 13 year-old gets my Xbox One S, and my kid at college gets my original Xbox One (currently being used by the 13 year-old) to upgrade from his girlfriend's Xbox 360.

Can you imagine being a kid and unwrapping an Xbox Series S on Christmas Day and then hauling off and smacking your mom or dad Eric Cartman style for asdf'ing up so badly?

Can you imagine being a kid and unwrapping an Xbox Series S on Christmas Day and then hauling off and smacking your mom or dad Eric Cartman style for asdf'ing up so badly?
What about everyone who ordered an Xbox One X the day the Series S/X first became available for preorder? It shot to the top of the Amazon bestseller page!

It's a great entry point to next gen if you are budget minded. However, the people that get consoles on release day want the new hotness. It's more of a lateral move from the One X, albeit with faster loading. I would imagine in the long run it does very well.

Was able to secure a XSX for instore pickup at Target 🎯 after getting the Amazon delay email. Not gonna cancel my Amazon order until I actually pickup the console at Target just to be safe.

It's a great entry point to next gen if you are budget minded. However, the people that get consoles on release day want the new hotness. It's more of a lateral move from the One X, albeit with faster loading. I would imagine in the long run it does very well.
It would be the perfect console for my son's room. He plays almost all downloadable stuff and it would help keep his room cooler. The current Xbox One he uses now overheats his room. He only has a 1080p TV in there anyway. But I'm not dropping another $300 after spending $500 on the X. So he'll have to be content with my old Xbox One S ;).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/XB1-Xbox-Series-X/443574645

Walmart page is active again. It's telling me "preorder available" and that all these stores in the area have it available for in-store purchase, but there's no option to buy on the site.
Mine's showing there are 3 available in store but won't allow for pickup. I'd love to be able to get one for my buddy who works all the time, but I'm not getting up at the buttcrack of dawn for it. Especially not when they only allow senior citizens in an hour early on Tuesdays. On another note my XSX is ready for pickup at Best Buy, are they opening early tomorrow?

I was able to order an Xbox Series S for my wife about 30 minutes ago from Gamestop 😬

I already have a Series X ready for pickup tomorrow in-store at Gamestop but i was worried i wouldn't be able to get one when I pick-up the Series X, i got free 2-4 day shipping and had a gift card for $201.90 so i only had to pay $129.XX out of pocket 😁👍🏻

Good luck in securing a new Series X or S to all of you 😉

So glad I'll be able to play COD Black Ops: Cold War online with my wife this week 🥳

Target is showing 4 S available 40 miles away, that's it. So don't despair, click those "see area" buttons.

Walmart shows 3 X and in stock for S.

I guess it's slightly better that you aren't competing with the world, it is actually local.

Damn was denied for All Access. They’re going to send email to see why pre-qualification was denied. Last time I checked, I had 700+ credit score, guess it’s not good enough. We shall see. I’m in no rush getting this, just got sucked in trying to get the All Access after my sis and bro ordered theirs. I didn’t wanna pay in full right now that's why. Oh it randomly popped up for me on GameStop.

Amazon still showing Thursday for delivery. I hope that's true because I can't go to find one till after work and my guess is they will be gone by then. However if Amazon doesn't charge me by 4:30, might start searching just in case. I have wal marts in more country based areas so might be a chance.

bread's done
Back