Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
So your luck may be different than mine.

If you are one of those that grabbed an xbox Tuesday for in store pickup at Wal-Mart but your order was canceled 4 hours later, here is what I did today.  I checked brickseek to make sure the store I had ordered from had inventory.  They have been told to hold these until black Friday.  I called the store and asked for an "Events manager" I explained that I had ordered one Tuesday for store pickup during their "launch event" and that it had been canceled because of an error.  I told them customer service had told me that if I reached out to the store, and tell them my order number, that the "event manager" was authorized to sale me an xbox.  I now have mine hooked up and updating Gears 5.  Good luck.

Those of you with amazon preorders that got the email about a delay until possibly the end of the year- keep an eye out. I just got an email that mine shipped and it will be here tomorrow.

same, my DELAYED unit showed up yesterday. Amazon rocks! :)
Well this is promising. Mine still shows “Not Yet Shipped” and they’ll email me. Hopefully I will see some movement here in the next week or two. Thanks for sharing, you two.

Welp, no dice.  XSX still shows as preparing for store pickup today, but no change.  Did anyone else who had an order placed by allfires manage to pick theirs up today?

It only took 60-plus hours after purchasing, but a FedEx shipping label has been created for the Xbox Series X Launch Day bundle I purchased from GameStop. The estimated delivery date is Monday, 16 November.

I just got a notification from Walmart that it was in stock and went there and said 4 were left.  I made it to the place order page and then it kept saying it's out of stock and eventually emptied my cart.

MS Store confirms - if you ordered on 11/10, it's coming in December.

jb7m6g6i63z51.png

Worth it to me for the money I saved but still a bummer.

December 23 isn’t really that far off ... a nice almost Christmas Eve arrival. Luckily there are no exclusives before then that I’m aware of. 😎

So people who ordered from Costco on 11/10 either have the console or it will be arriving soon it sounds like?

I didn’t pay for express shipping and I am still in “order received” status. I was reassured that my order will ship, but that doesn’t line up with what everyone else is saying

So people who ordered from Costco on 11/10 either have the console or it will be arriving soon it sounds like?

I didn’t pay for express shipping and I am still in “order received” status. I was reassured that my order will ship, but that doesn’t line up with what everyone else is saying
I ordered pretty soon after it opened up on 11/10 from Costco, and I haven't heard word one about it.

I think people who pre-ordered at Costco got it a week earlier than expected, though, so I have hope.

EDIT: Okay, well, this post prompted me to check the Costco site to see if something had changed, and it now says SHIPPED!!!

So my order for store pickup today that allfires helped with updated just now to preparing for pickup today to delayed item, and that if it wasn't filled by 11/20, they would cancel the order. :(

So my order for store pickup today that allfires helped with updated just now to preparing for pickup today to delayed item, and that if it wasn't filled by 11/20, they would cancel the order. :(
Same experience

My invoice said today, then once it was paid said preparing for Sunday. Now today It updated to delayed. You know they'll have some stock for Black Friday so it will be pretty irritating for them to cancel theses orders on the 20th just to sell it on the 27th.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Guess I keep the streak going. I've never been able to land a launch console via pre-order or launch day order since the first time I tried with XB360.

Anyone have any controller issues? About 5 times today when I put my controller down while on the main menu, a minutes, 2 minutes my, 5 minutes.... I pick the controller back up and it doesn’t work. Controller light is on, system light is on. Wasn’t away long enough for anything to go to sleep. Controller just doesn’t respond.

If I remove the controller batteries so as to turn off the controller and then put them back in- back in business.

Really, really odd.

MS Store confirms - if you ordered on 11/10, it's coming in December.

jb7m6g6i63z51.png

Worth it to me for the money I saved but still a bummer.
Thanks for this. For some reason my email confirmation showed an 11/12 delivery date. I sent them a screenshot and they gave me a $50 gift card as compensation. I ordered Monday night like everyone else and definitely wasn't the first so no idea how I got it, but check your emails in case you do too.

I went to turn on my 3 day old Series X to play something this afternoon and it would not turn on. There is no power to the unit at all. I’ve tried other outlets, it’s well ventilated when it was working and now it’s just completely dead. What in the heck could’ve happened this quickly?

Definitely sounds like a power supply issue.

I will say those videos of the clicking noise sounds a lot like a relay that keeps on clicking.  I wonder if there is something up with a relay in the PSU in some of these units.

I ordered pretty soon after it opened up on 11/10 from Costco, and I haven't heard word one about it.

I think people who pre-ordered at Costco got it a week earlier than expected, though, so I have hope.

EDIT: Okay, well, this post prompted me to check the Costco site to see if something had changed, and it now says SHIPPED!!!
Congrats man! Mine is stuck on order received right now. This wait feels endless with everyone getting their consoles!

WM Brickseek is lit up now, many many stores saying 6+. The wording on the WM site changed from the Black Friday coming soon wording to now simply saying out of stock, so something's happening.

Same experience

My invoice said today, then once it was paid said preparing for Sunday. Now today It updated to delayed. You know they'll have some stock for Black Friday so it will be pretty irritating for them to cancel theses orders on the 20th just to sell it on the 27th.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Yeah, and that's probably exactly what will happen. I've had it play out like that on something else before.

So I am new to posting on this forum but I have been browsing for years. No scalping here. I actually collect too much stuff and never sell anything. I think I am simply out of room now.

One Series X console for myself, one for my girlfriend's son and one as a spare for possible holiday gift. Seeing all these reports of complete system failure is really concerning and I feel for you. Hope it doesn't turn into the RROD fiasco with the original model and elite 360s. I had about 5 of those take a crap on me in about a 3 year period no matter how well ventilated they were. Always sounded like a jet engine taking off. Even re-flowing the motherboard/doing x-claims only helped for a few extra months...hopefully these new Series X reports are isolated but they seem to be coming in pretty fast now.

So an update for anyone looking for shipping/feedback on my retailer experiences:

Best Buy - Ordered 09/22 around time it went live (hammered the add to cart and checkout for about 30 minutes). Shipped 11/08 from CA via UPS - Delivered 11/10. Very smooth and packaged well. Small amount of cosmetic damage to the system box but otherwise good. 

AntOnline - Surprisingly smooth. Never bought anything from them before but would recommend based on my experience. Had the bundle with Elite 2 controller and 30 day games pass (was desperate when all other retailers had sold out at the time). Ordered 09/22 and Shipped 11/07 from GA and arrived on launch day 11/10 even though it said expected date was 11/12. Excellent packing and no damage to contents.

Microsoft Direct - Worst order experience of the bunch surprisingly (Mainly due to Fed Ex). Ordered 09/22 - shipped 11/07 from CA and held at Fed Ex center on 11/09 for launch day 11/10 by the shipper. Scheduled for delivery by 8PM 11/10. All day, no activity and then nothing. Then status went to no delivery date. 11/11, nothing, 11/12 still nothing. Contacted Fed Ex customer service and got the runaround stating they would have to open a trace on the package and it was missing. They seemed to have no idea what was going on at all. I called Microsoft customer support 11/12 and they were very helpful. Rep on phone said they had multiple complaints of Fed Ex loosing packages and if they had to replace, they would try to get me one before Christmas as they were getting a rather high volume of returns on their original batch sales as well. Then, out of nowhere, with no shipping update or phone call from Fed Ex, my original shipment appeared 11/13 all beat to crap. Inside the shipping box the Series X box was dented pretty badly on all the corners, but fortunately intact.

On a side note, Best Buy was also great with the PS5 disc model, ordered 09/17 (once again hammering the add to cart/checkout buttons) and shipped 11/11 and arrived 11/13. AntOnline again was really great too. Ordered 09/17 and shipped 11/11 from GA with scheduled delivery 11/16.

These console launches are exhausting. I think this is my last go around. Bots are out of control now. Been gaming since Atari 2600 and getting 1st day console launches since Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo. Personally, the most difficult launch day was the Playstation 2 followed by the Xbox 360. Those were just crazy. Original Wii too. Other notable crazy times were the Zelda Majora's Mask N3DS and 500 Million PS4 Pro. 

These console launches are exhausting. I think this is my last go around.
ole' timey gamer myself... but isn't the thrill of these console launches part of the fun?

my delayed 9/22 amazon order has now shipped and is enroute.

ole' timey gamer myself... but isn't the thrill of these console launches part of the fun?

For sure. I guess that's why I came back for one more round. Just can't get the challenge out of the bloodstream. Sad they delayed your order so long, but at least they finally shipped it. Hope it comes intact.

I think I have tried Amazon for every system launch since the Wii U and I have never succeeded a single time on a high demand console. Every time I click add the cart, I get the dogs of Amazon error page or an empty cart notice instantly. Actually, I will admit, I did order a Mario Game and Watch from Amazon yesterday but it was up for like 30 minutes, so that's probably the only reason why.

Also, I have the worst luck with damaged items from Amazon as well. I am always guaranteed at least one dented corner on any limited edition/collector edition game. Literally 20/20 so far over the years....

thanks.

sorry to hear about those banged up collector editions! it can be a pain to get things pristine through the mail.

it's funny... sometimes amazon would ship out a 10 dollar book in a box with extra padding, but then they use eco packaging on a 100 dollar collector's edition.

i'm like wtf?

can't wait to see what type of packaging my xsx will arrive in. 

thanks.

sorry to hear about those banged up collector editions! it can be a pain to get things pristine through the mail.

it's funny... sometimes amazon would ship out a 10 dollar book in a box with extra padding, but then they use eco packaging on a 100 dollar collector's edition.

i'm like wtf?

can't wait to see what type of packaging my xsx will arrive in.
So true. The books and other indestructible items are neatly packaged. The worst was a Smash Bros Wii U collectors edition I ordered. Amazon literally sent it with no protective bag, box, etc. Just the oversized game box itself with a shipping label and tape. It was decimated and of course, there was no stock left to replace it. Back then, at least customer service tried to make things right. Not so much anymore.

Anyone go to Walmart this morning and try and get one?

Edit: No dice with one that shows 6+ in stock from Brickseek. They said they didn't have any and I didn't see any out on the floor.

Only if you were lucky enough to get one. For everyone else, they just fucking suck.

My wife is checking at Walmart this morning but I don't have my hopes up.

I’m going to be honest. This generation seemed lackluster and not exciting in the least. Mainly due to covid and such low number of consoles released, but my favorite part of the new generations is the little party outside the store while you wait to get your new console. Everyone coming together, happy, and leaving excited to play, but this year there was none of that. Everyone was disappointed because they either didn’t get one or with everyone separated and not talking it didn’t feel right. I still loved opening them up and turning them on. But this release is easily the least jovial I’ve ever seen.

Thanks for this. For some reason my email confirmation showed an 11/12 delivery date. I sent them a screenshot and they gave me a $50 gift card as compensation. I ordered Monday night like everyone else and definitely wasn't the first so no idea how I got it, but check your emails in case you do too.
Do you have the support link? I can’t seem to figure out where to contact them. My email also says the 12th

Anyone else order the Series S from Best Buy and they give you an Xbox One S instead or is this just my luck? 

i know for a fact that I ordered the series S from the page showing the X and S.  I wanted an X but it was sold out, the S was available for $299.99 so I clicked it and bought it thinking someone would want it.  and now I'm sitting here looking at a fucking Xbox One s.  

Anyone else order the Series S from Best Buy and they give you an Xbox One S instead or is this just my luck?

i know for a fact that I ordered the series S from the page showing the X and S. I wanted an X but it was sold out, the S was available for $299.99 so I clicked it and bought it thinking someone would want it. and now I'm sitting here looking at a fucking Xbox One s.
What does your order history show? That you ordered a One or a Series? I would contact Best Buy but the best they will do is let you return it for a refund.

Do you have the support link? I can’t seem to figure out where to contact them. My email also says the 12th
The one they referenced in the screenshot I posted is just a standard customer support link, this is what they sent me:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

i know for a fact that I ordered the series S from the page showing the X and S. I wanted an X but it was sold out, the S was available for $299.99 so I clicked it and bought it thinking someone would want it. and now I'm sitting here looking at a fucking Xbox One s.
Oh noooo. I would be so mad, I hope they get it resolved quickly.

My 9/22 Amazon order, for which I got the “you’ll get it when you get it” email, just got charged and is preparing for shipment. 

What does your order history show? That you ordered a One or a Series? I would contact Best Buy but the best they will do is let you return it for a refund.
It shows the One S. It was available on Wednesday, online online and available for pickup today but It's still showing they'll notify me when it's ready for pickup. I know I clicked on the link for the Series S though, I was on the page showing the Series X and Series S, it showed X out of stock and S available.

It shows the One S. It was available on Wednesday, online online and available for pickup today but It's still showing they'll notify me when it's ready for pickup. I know I clicked on the link for the Series S though, I was on the page showing the Series X and Series S, it showed X out of stock and S available.
Your order history shows the One S? Then that is what you ordered. Just return it and wait for the Series X (which is what you wanted in the first place).

For anyone who uses MS Rewards and who ordered their X from the Microsoft Store, have you gotten your rewards points yet from the purchase? I’m expecting around 10,000, if I’ve done the math correctly.

Is Mario maker 2 a good game like classic super Mario?
It’s pretty much like a classic Mario game with unlimited user created levels. Would recommend if you’ve paid for Nintendo’s online service, without it you miss out on user created content although there’s still a “campaign” mode that shows off different level creation techniques and then the mode where you can create your own levels in the style of 1,2,3, Super Mario World, or the most recent 2d version of the game.

I've struck out everywhere in my quest for a Series X. Went oos during check out at Target,Walmart,Amazon and MSStore at various times the last couple days. Anyone know if these will be sold in store or restocked anywhere soon? I'm playing AC Valhalla on my One X but can't quite enjoy it as I know a better version is within reach. I'm trying but I have this overwhelming feeling of dread, like I'm doing myself a disservice by not playing it how it's intended. This is the first time I haven't gotten an Xbox day one and it's kinda stressing me out.

I've struck out everywhere in my quest for a Series X. Went oos during check out at Target,Walmart,Amazon and MSStore at various times the last couple days. Anyone know if these will be sold in store or restocked anywhere soon? I'm playing AC Valhalla on my One X but can't quite enjoy it as I know a better version is within reach. I'm trying but I have this overwhelming feeling of dread, like I'm doing myself a disservice by not playing it how it's intended. This is the first time I haven't gotten an Xbox day one and it's kinda stressing me out.
Only thing concrete that I’ve seen is that it will be available online at select retailers on Black Friday/the night before.

If gaming is stressing you out, stop for now. Play something else. This is a hobby that should be a comfort thing that brings you some form of happiness. If you’re not enjoying AC, put it down and play something else.

Good luck friend, hope you find one soon

My series s from Target with the expected delivery date of 11/15 arrived on Thursday. It was really well packaged. I haven’t hooked it up yet but I did unbox it. The system seems heavier than it should be compared to it’s size.

Only thing concrete that I’ve seen is that it will be available online at select retailers on Black Friday/the night before.

If gaming is stressing you out, stop for now. Play something else. This is a hobby that should be a comfort thing that brings you some form of happiness. If you’re not enjoying AC, put it down and play something else.

Good luck friend, hope you find one soon
Thanks for the info and advice. I have gone back to playing some Switch games I haven't finished yet 🙂

I think it just stressed me because I had been so close to getting my order through on so many different occasions and the same thing happened each time. This whole online ordering process is annoying, I actually miss the waiting with peers at midnight launch parties. The whole new console generation vibe is just off this year I guess and Covid fatigue is setting in.

bread's done
Back