Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s pretty much like a classic Mario game with unlimited user created levels. Would recommend if you’ve paid for Nintendo’s online service, without it you miss out on user created content although there’s still a “campaign” mode that shows off different level creation techniques and then the mode where you can create your own levels in the style of 1,2,3, Super Mario World, or the most recent 2d version of the game.
I see. I decide to jump on it to give it a try!!! I like super mario so much since game boy. I only like 2D!!!

My series s from Target with the expected delivery date of 11/15 arrived on Thursday. It was really well packaged. I haven’t hooked it up yet but I did unbox it. The system seems heavier than it should be compared to it’s size.

My Series X pre order arrived from Target on Friday. Looks like it was dropped on a corner. Box has a one inch dent on the box. Shipping box looks good, so it must have happened in the warehouse. I haven't opened it to check if it's ok. Would prefer to exchange but with low stock, that seems unlikely.

Just checked my credit card and it looks like the pending charge from Microsoft for the launch night purchase has fallen off. My order still shows "Pending" on Microsoft's website.

My Series X pre order arrived from Target on Friday. Looks like it was dropped on a corner. Box has a one inch dent on the box. Shipping box looks good, so it must have happened in the warehouse. I haven't opened it to check if it's ok. Would prefer to exchange but with low stock, that seems unlikely.
The foam inside the Series X box is probably the best I’ve seen. It’s incredibly dense and thick, I would be stunned if your Xbox was impacted

So got my Series X Wednesday, worked Wed night, Thursday. Didn't have time to turn it on Fri or Sat. I go to boot it up today and it's dead.

Sent a repair request into Microsoft. Thank god I was waiting to sell my One till today because now I have to use that for a bit. Not mad or anything, stuff happens, but damn.

So got my Series X Wednesday, worked Wed night, Thursday. Didn't have time to turn it on Fri or Sat. I go to boot it up today and it's dead.

Sent a repair request into Microsoft. Thank god I was waiting to sell my One till today because now I have to use that for a bit. Not mad or anything, stuff happens, but damn.
Broken how? Proof?

Did anything weird happen? Like randomly turning off or weird menus/sounds? PS5s are having a lot of issues also. My series x is still boxed up, my ps5 hasnt come int yet. Im tempted to just return them and buying later if they may brick and gotta send them in and be down the 500. anyways.

I was going to unbox my Series X today (got from Best Buy the other day), but I can’t help but think I should return it and wait to get one later on, due to the disc drive problems I’ve been reading about. Or maybe I should go buy the 2 year protection from BB before I open it...decisions decisions...

I was going to unbox my Series X today (got from Best Buy the other day), but I can’t help but think I should return it and wait to get one later on, due to the disc drive problems I’ve been reading about. Or maybe I should go buy the 2 year protection from BB before I open it...decisions decisions...
You should have 30 days after purchase to add the warranty at Best Buy. You don’t even have to take the system in just the receipt.

You should have 30 days after purchase to add the warranty at Best Buy. You don’t even have to take the system in just the receipt.
In the BB app, it says I have until 1/9 to add the protection plan, but also says “Because you've already received this item, we need to check the condition before we can add a protection plan.”

Were you running it directly off the carpet?
Oh not at all, it was up on my entertainment stand, in a well ventilated area. I just put it on the carpet to try another outlet to test it after I found it was dead, as shown in the video.

Oh not at all, it was up on my entertainment stand, in a well ventilated area. I just put it on the carpet to try another outlet to test it after I found it was dead, as shown in the video.
Good times, saw the carpet and had flashbacks to the overheating systems of my youth 😉

Checked Walmart in store for Series X today.No luck BUT the guy said they had a whole pallet of Series S that are for sale, they're just not putting them on the shelf. I chose to wait for the X as I have mostly disc games and prefer the beefier X specs. May pick up an S for the kids at some point, but they're into the Switch right now.

I'd say that if you're looking for an S or X it may be worth a shot to ask in-store.

https://twitter.com/sirfragalot86/status/1328093144139894794

Video proof here. Won't turn on. I moved it to a new outlet just to see if that had any luck, nope. I was out Fri and Sat so didn't play it those days but Wed and Thurs worked fine.
Perhaps the motherboard got shorted somehow. If it wasn’t plugged into a surge protector during crazy weather and your power went on and off rapidly a few times it could’ve shorted the board if instant on mode was enabled

Perhaps the motherboard got shorted somehow. If it wasn’t plugged into a surge protector during crazy weather and your power went on and off rapidly a few times it could’ve shorted the board if instant on mode was enabled
All my electronics are under surge protectors. In fact, it's the same one my One was using and my one is still going strong (and my power goes out quite a bit). I did have instant on mode enabled, but I also have that on my One for years without issue. I heard it's a known issue with Series X consoles, I'm not just a one off.

Checked Walmart in store for Series X today.No luck BUT the guy said they had a whole pallet of Series S that are for sale, they're just not putting them on the shelf. I chose to wait for the X as I have mostly disc games and prefer the beefier X specs. May pick up an S for the kids at some point, but they're into the Switch right now.

I'd say that if you're looking for an S or X it may be worth a shot to ask in-store.
Can’t blame you...series s kind of is a rip off. For a hundred more I’d rather get the ps5 digital edition or spend 2 hundo more and get a series x. The series x is most def the way to go.

For the record, Microsoft discourages the use of surge protectors, at least for the X1 line, because their consoles have built-in surge protectors which can be rendered less effective when routed through an additional one. Reasonable to assume the Series S / X will be the same.

Source:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_console/best-power-surge-or-outlet-to-use-for-xbox-one-x/f8aa7d83-6ec3-4f78-8cac-e645462785b0

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport/status/931583041285210112

I don't have a choice based on the horrendous outlet situation in my house, we have to use a 24ft heavy duty power strip just to get power to the television and game systems.

Mind contributing to this forum?
Ironic coming from Mr. 27 posts in 7 years.

For the record, Microsoft discourages the use of surge protectors, at least for the X1 line, because their consoles have built-in surge protectors which can be rendered less effective when routed through an additional one. Reasonable to assume the Series S / X will be the same.

Source:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_console/best-power-surge-or-outlet-to-use-for-xbox-one-x/f8aa7d83-6ec3-4f78-8cac-e645462785b0

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport/status/931583041285210112

I don't have a choice based on the horrendous outlet situation in my house, we have to use a 24ft heavy duty power strip just to get power to the television and game systems.
I've always had my X1 plugged into a surge protector and never had any issues. I'm doing the same with my SX.

I didn't even realize I was shading someone with the line about registering recently. Blocking people on here is way too many steps. Troll sod off.

I just got an email that my Xbox order was erroneously cancelled and they're holding at the store for me. Will see soon. Won't let me post an image right now.

Dear Valued Customer,

On Tuesday, Nov. 10, 2020, you ordered the newly released Xbox gaming console online. Unfortunately, your order was canceled due to a system error. We apologize for this error and for any confusion or inconvenience this might have caused.

If you are still interested in purchasing the Xbox, please visit Store XXXX, located at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX CT, before close of business Friday, Nov. 20. This store has the Xbox item you ordered and is holding it in your name Matthew XXXXXX.

Go to the Electronics counter and present this email to the sales associate to purchase this item. If the item is not picked up by close of business Friday, Nov. 20, it will be returned to the salesfloor.

We always appreciate you for shopping with us, and we look forward to saving you even more time and money.

Sincerely,

Walmart

I just got an email that my Xbox order was erroneously cancelled and they're holding at the store for me. Will see soon. Won't let me post an image right now.

Dear Valued Customer,

On Tuesday, Nov. 10, 2020, you ordered the newly released Xbox gaming console online. Unfortunately, your order was canceled due to a system error. We apologize for this error and for any confusion or inconvenience this might have caused.

If you are still interested in purchasing the Xbox, please visit Store XXXX, located at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX CT, before close of business Friday, Nov. 20. This store has the Xbox item you ordered and is holding it in your name Matthew XXXXXX.

Go to the Electronics counter and present this email to the sales associate to purchase this item. If the item is not picked up by close of business Friday, Nov. 20, it will be returned to the salesfloor.

We always appreciate you for shopping with us, and we look forward to saving you even more time and money.

Sincerely,

Walmart
They've sent quite a few of those out for those in your situation. Congrats.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Costco delivered! 

My Series X bundled with controller from 11/10 just arrived. Excellent packaging, and it is indeed the "new" controller that is extra. 

Costco wins.

I got an antonline series x bundle.. Kinda funny because I randomly just refreshed my old tab and it went in stock lol

Just passing on somewhat of a TV deal, I know the CX is a popular choice but Samsung offers 3 years of warranty plus 8 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (or a year of Showtime) for some of their TV's if you finance through Samsung Access:

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/qled-4k-tvs/65-class-q90t-qled-4k-uhd-hdr-smart-tv-2020-qn65q90tafxza/

Samsung Access doesn't appear to be available on any TV under $1,000.

My old Samsung died on me a couple of weeks ago and I got my 65" Q90T in before my consoles arrived. Great picture IMO and since I wanted this TV anyway the extra warranty an content bonus was nice.

FYI the shipping company is slow with updating tracking but otherwise no issues getting my TV.

I've seen people complaining about download speed on Series X... I'm getting close to 200 megs down, which is a bit faster than my One X... also I only pay for 100 down. Thanks Spectrum!

That said I wish there was an easier way to install the upgrade of a game than trying to launch it and then being told there's an upgrade. At least you can filter your games on what's Series S|X enhanced to see what is available.

Lastly, I thought Falconeer was going to be on Gamepass? I didn't see it there.

I've seen people complaining about download speed on Series X... I'm getting close to 200 megs down, which is a bit faster than my One X... also I only pay for 100 down. Thanks Spectrum!

That said I wish there was an easier way to install the upgrade of a game than trying to launch it and then being told there's an upgrade. At least you can filter your games on what's Series S|X enhanced to see what is available.

Around launch I was pulling down 700+ mpbs on downloads. I have Verizon gigabit.

Download speed I the SX has been around 400 consistently for me, very pleased coming from the 1X which topped out around half of that on my end.

For the upgrades when I hit the options/hamburger/whatever it’s called button on a game thumbnail I get an option telling me I can “upgrade now” where they’re available.

For the upgrades when I hit the options/hamburger/whatever it’s called button on a game thumbnail I get an option telling me I can “upgrade now” where they’re available.
Hamburger? What? We don’t get a cheeseburger with our Series X? Dammit! I’m returning mine.

MS has lost the generation with this stupid move.

My BB order that allfires helped place was updated to ready for pickup today. Picked it up earlier and so far so good, just installing games now. Speed is good on gigabit fiber, seems faster than my X1X was. Thanks again allfires!

My BB order that allfires helped place was updated to ready for pickup today. Picked it up earlier and so far so good, just installing games now. Speed is good on gigabit fiber, seems faster than my X1X was. Thanks again allfires!
I was trying to get one from him but he appears to just disappear like mid-day that day he was offering to help :( I never heard back.

So if we upgrade to a Series X then we can't use the old external hard drive that we used on our Xbox One consoles (I heard only certain hard drives work on the Series X)? Also, do game saves automatically upload to the cloud? If our external hard drive breaks are the saves still safe as long as we have XBL Gold?
You can still use your external drives. They just can't play SX games. Saves are uploaded to the cloud automatically, regardless of membership.

My GameStop Launch Day bundle Xbox Series X arrived via FedEx earlier this afternoon. GameStop packed the shipping box quite well, and there was no noticeable imperfections or indentations on the Xbox Series X's box.

I was trying to get one from him but he appears to just disappear like mid-day that day he was offering to help :( I never heard back.
He posted a bit after he started placing orders for people that he was holding off on further orders because one of his orders was cancelled and he was afraid at that point he was placing orders for stock they didn't have.

He posted a bit after he started placing orders for people that he was holding off on further orders because one of his orders was cancelled and he was afraid at that point he was placing orders for stock they didn't have.
Ooooh okay gotcha.

I talked to him initially right after he posted about one for my bro but he tried to get a Costco one and didn't so then I asked him if he could still get it and never heard back. I missed his post about that though so thanks.

That's good to hear. Mine from allfires is supposed to be ready for pickup 11/18 but with your post about it being delayed I was getting a bit nervous. Hopefully mine comes through too.

Happy it worked out. My order is still delayed but this makes me less pessimistic

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

So if we upgrade to a Series X then we can't use the old external hard drive that we used on our Xbox One consoles (I heard only certain hard drives work on the Series X)? Also, do game saves automatically upload to the cloud? If our external hard drive breaks are the saves still safe as long as we have XBL Gold?
Only thing you can't do off the external USB HD is play Series X/S games (but you can store them to save from redownloading them). Besides that, you just plug in the HD to the Series X/S and you are good to go. Works exactly as it did on the One, no configuring or anything. It just works.

bread's done
Back