Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone's grey "Please Wait" button turned to yellow "Add to Cart" yet for the Series X?  Still waiting on mine.

Got one for Nov. 29th. I think my little brother is going to be pretty ecstatic. I was just going to head out to Target as some stores have them in stock, but that's 45 minutes away from me and I'm running on no sleep.

Now everytime I click "Add to cart" it says

"This item is not in your cart yet.

Due to high demand, we're having everyone go through one more step before it can be added.
Please try again."
And nothing else happens.
Does it hate me because I got a PS5?  Did anyone here get both a PS5 and Xbox from BB?

Update:  Button on website finally worked and I was able to check-out successfully.  For those struggling with website, may want to try using Best Buy mobile app too.

Keep trying. I had to build a bundle and added different games to the bundle before it allowed me to move forward to check out. Once I was able to check out, I removed the games and was able to make a pick up at store purchase with pick up date being this upcoming Friday.

Reposting from the Xbox thread, figure someone here might be able to answer better.

My Xbox Series X has finally shipped from Amazon, ordered on Sept 22nd. Should be here tomorrow. BUT, I only ordered it as a back-up, and I was able to get an order in at the Microsoft store, my preferred vendor since I could use Rewards credit. That order is on track for December 23rd I suppose, maybe earlier.

I'm thinking about cracking open the Amazon one, and returning the MS one to Amazon when it gets here - Amazon has free returns until Feb. But, question for anyone who ordered from MS and has received their console: is the serial number automatically registered to you? I don't believe Amazon scan that info at checkout, but if Microsoft do, that scuppers that plan. I obviously don't want any issues for myself or another buyer when it comes to registering the console for warranty purposes etc. (If anyone wants to cry "fraud", I don't believe sending a different fully-sealed unit back is that big a deal, but if it is, Amazon treats their employees terribly so they deserve it.)

Alternatively I suppose I could just send it straight back and wait another month for MY console, but... hmpf.

Just FYI, I was able to place an order for pickup at my local Best Buy, even though PopFindr has shown 0 in stock since release day and still shows 0 in stock.

Reposting from the Xbox thread, figure someone here might be able to answer better.

My Xbox Series X has finally shipped from Amazon, ordered on Sept 22nd. Should be here tomorrow. BUT, I only ordered it as a back-up, and I was able to get an order in at the Microsoft store, my preferred vendor since I could use Rewards credit. That order is on track for December 23rd I suppose, maybe earlier.

I'm thinking about cracking open the Amazon one, and returning the MS one to Amazon when it gets here - Amazon has free returns until Feb. But, question for anyone who ordered from MS and has received their console: is the serial number automatically registered to you? I don't believe Amazon scan that info at checkout, but if Microsoft do, that scuppers that plan. I obviously don't want any issues for myself or another buyer when it comes to registering the console for warranty purposes etc. (If anyone wants to cry "fraud", I don't believe sending a different fully-sealed unit back is that big a deal, but if it is, Amazon treats their employees terribly so they deserve it.)

Alternatively I suppose I could just send it straight back and wait another month for MY console, but... hmpf.
I think you can log in to your microsoft account and remove it. But yes, they do add it.

Edit: You can remove it.

Got one, just had to wait a few minutes from when the Cart button went from grey to yellow. Was on mobile, had no problem afterwards. Already got my confirmation e-mail. PS5 from Kohl's and a Series X from Best Buy, been up all night but it was worth it.

Just got a series x. I was logged into mobile , safari, and mobile chrome.

Once I logged into safari I still got errors, but I was able to add to the cart in the mobile app. $280 after using reward cents that I’ve been saving all year.

I just got owned at Target.  Popfindr showed 6 in stock overnight so I went to one like 25 minutes away.  I get there like 6:45 and there are like 6-7 people in line but I stayed anyways.

Then at 7am an employee comes out and said there are no Xboxes available other than the 6 that are claimed for and the people who she handed tickets out to at 3am can line up socially distant.

So screw that.  I didn't even feel bad. No chance I'm waiting in line at 3am for one of these things lol.  Good for those people.

And of course while I'm gone, Best Buy starts going live.  I was mashing 'add to cart' in the BB app while driving like the whole time and not once did I get anything into the cart.

Just succeeded in placing an order with Best Buy, which will be ready for Saturday. Since the MS Store isn't going to ship until December, it's hard to say no. I may cancel Best Buy, though.

Does anyone know how canceling a preorder with Microsoft works when store credit is used? Will that credit be put back on my account? Or is it reimbursed another way? I figure the net out of pocket is basically the same and what can I say, I'm feeling really impatient, especially in quarantine.

Maybe with all these people canceling ms store orders mine will get bumped up from January!

I'll be trying to get one this week... No way am I going out black friday or anything but we see.

I'd rather Best Buy's site say sold out than have the add to cart button yellow cause at least I won't be here wasting my time clicking it for 30 minutes.

Best Buy's site is a fucking joke right now.  Keeps saying it's available at locations around me and I go to checkout and it errors.  Then I select a location near me that also has it and same thing.  Then it is totally out of stock.  Then 5 minutes later rinse and repeat.

Aaaaand now they removed it from my cart saying it's out of stock, yet the Add to Cart button the page is yellow but erroring.

EDIT:

Now it's showing sold out.  What a waste of time.  FU Best Buy.

Now ... off to Best Buy to pickup my BF deals I ordered last night!

Are you kitten me!? I drank the pot of coffee and stayed up until 530am, you're telling me the XSX went in stock around 6am?! Hot damn I missed it again 😳🙈 At least I was able to get a ps5 order in at Kohl's last night so happy about that at least.

Are you kitten me!? I drank the pot of coffee and stayed up until 530am, you're telling me the XSX went in stock around 6am?! Hot damn I missed it again 😳🙈 At least I was able to get a ps5 order in at Kohl's last night so happy about that at least.
Not everybody is in the clear just yet

Man I'm so salty about Best Buy right now.  Had it in the cart for an hour and it kept going in/out of stock all around me at different stores and everytime I tried to pick one it just errored out.  And then now it's all gone :(

And I just picked up my Xbox games haul from Best Buy locally but not going to open em to play on X1X, want to play it on XSX when I eventually get one.

Paging @allfires if you can get the hookup again!

True, but they already added the Kohl's cash to my account and the status is "In Fulfillment" with expected arrival between Nov 27 - Dec 4. Even if the cancel they'll likely let me keep the Kohl's cash so that's a win in my book.
Yeah I agree I'm not salty at all. When you miss a PS5 restock you don't get anything but in this case here we basically got $200 worth of free clothes. So I'm happy about the Kohl's cash actually. Not upset at all. This is going to be the best deal of Black Friday actually.

There is no chance they are letting people keep $180 in Kohl's cash if all these orders are cancelled. 

Just because they sent the email doesn't mean it will work when you try it the 28th if your order is canceled.  Kohl's cash is all handled electronically so it's easy as hell for them to just turn it off regardless of what email you have with $180 Kohl's cash in it.

I've returned stuff at Kohl's cash and if it effects the Kohl's cash you've earned they just make the ones they gave you void and issue you new ones.

Yeah I agree I'm not salty at all. When you miss a PS5 restock you don't get anything but in this case here we basically got $200 worth of free clothes. So I'm happy about the Kohl's cash actually. Not upset at all. This is going to be the best deal of Black Friday actually.
Hellz yeah free 💰 is always good! I will just let wifey use the Kohl's Cash so that's a huge win. Not gonna lie though I am getting sick of missing out on the XSX. A ps5 would be a good consolation prize.

bread's done
Back