Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up some stuff from Best Buy and the employee confirmed that they got XSX and PS5 on the truck today. She couldn't confirm when they are going to sell them but she said it should be by or on Friday. I know it's pretty obvious this was the case, but confirmed by a BB employee.
Of course stores will have units for Black Friday. But there won't be any on the store shelves. It's going to be mostly online sales again.

He said check online at 9, and that they were only doing online orders for them. so now the wait begins. (If he was correct I suppose.)
Gotcha.

There have been rumors that there will be the ones available at 9pm tonight, and then on BF they will have them available to purchase online for in store pickup. I wasn't sure if he confirmed any of that.

So update on my dead Series X. Microsoft just shipped me a new unit, came in today. Hope this one lasts.

Installed Yakuza and was like now I remember why I paid $500 for this system. Yakuza is an amazing game but those load times are annoying on the one, Series X fixes that.

So I currently still have a Series X in my Wal-Mart cart from previously when it went out of stock before I could hit check out. Its just sitting there in the cart with an out of stock tag attached. Trying to decide if I should leave it or if it won't load properly at 9 and I should just try from scratch on the main product page.

Awesome, another failed attempt, couldn't even get it in my cart this time. This has been a really nice release. 

So I was able to get a Series X through Wal-Mart. I had a Chrome tab open with the product page open and attempted to unsuccessfully add to cart on a guest account. After 5 minutes of trying I went and opened a safari tab where I was still logged in with a Series X in my cart from before. It let me check out and put a temp authorization on my card already. But interestingly enough it gave me the option to have it shipped or to reserve it for in store pickup at 3 different locations. I picked one of them and received an order being readied for pickup email already. My point with this is, it may be worth trying to contact some stores to see if they have stock available to sell from the back since its obviously still there even after the online storefront shows OOS

So I currently still have a Series X in my Wal-Mart cart from previously when it went out of stock before I could hit check out. Its just sitting there in the cart with an out of stock tag attached. Trying to decide if I should leave it or if it won't load properly at 9 and I should just try from scratch on the main product page.
Thanks to your idea is how I managed to get one. Rather than go to main page, I decided to go to cart and stay there to transfer over to cart. I wasn't having luck cuz it kept saying it was out of stock however it decided to switch over to shipping from store pick up and in that instance, it worked

3-7 days they are saying for in store pickup... Better than the Jan. 5th date for the s I got from microsoft...
Incedentally I'd like to cancel that order but I can't at the moment as it's in pending status...

3-7 days they are saying for in store pickup... Better than the Jan. 5th date for the s I got from microsoft...
Incedentally I'd like to cancel that order but I can't at the moment as it's in pending status...
Yeah what I'm wondering though is that if they have a lot of stock of XSX right now per brickseek, they are going to do another drop probably. And why would it take 3-7 days if they have a bunch in stock. It's kind of strange. I'm hoping I wake to an email on Friday morning saying it's ready for pickup since that is my birthday and would be perfect lol.

You're right. The Microsoft order used to have a Cancel option under Pending, but that's gone now. I was planning to cancel my MS order if I'm able to pick up my Best Buy order on Friday.

Does anyone know if going to a Best Buy or Target when they open on Black Friday is a possible way to try to get a Series X? Or do you have to order it online?

I ask because on launch day, my local Targets said they were only selling local pickups for orders placed online and would not have any to sell in-store. Is that going to be the case for Black Friday too?

You're right. The Microsoft order used to have a Cancel option under Pending, but that's gone now. I was planning to cancel my MS order if I'm able to pick up my Best Buy order on Friday.
That's weird... My XSX order from MS is supposed to arrive by Dec. 23 so I assume I ordered it before the batch arriving by Jan. 5th, but I still have a cancel option under the pending status. I wonder if Series S has a different deadline for cancellations.

My series S shipped from microsoft, that's why I can't cancel...... I placed the order Nov. 18, expected ship date Jan. 5.

Well I find myself with one of each now....

Edit: literally got the emails back to back.[attachment=34987:Screenshot_20201126-070455_Gmail.jpg]

Microsoft store is shipping the orders they took on launch night for the Series X.
Did yours ship already? I ordered mine on MS Store on November 9 but it’s still in pending status and the charge on my bank account is still in pending transaction.

When I was ordering it said arriving Dec.23 but that would be awesome if we get it early.

Did yours ship already? I ordered mine on MS Store on November 9 but it’s still in pending status and the charge on my bank account is still in pending transaction.
When I was ordering it said arriving Dec.23 but that would be awesome if we get it early.
Yep, got the email around 9am this morning. Shipped UPS. Mine had the December 23rd date.

My preorder scheduled for 12/23 delivery just shipped. It's coming from Wisconsin so it's gonna take me a couple days to get it here in FL.

Oddly, I don't have a pending charge from Microsoft on my credit card.

I also (finally) got a shipping notification for a Series X from the Microsoft Store placed on the release night. No real details, though it does say it's still estimated for 12/23.

If it's pending and you can't cancel on the microsoft site, as well as being charged for it, I think that's a good sign, it's what my s locked into before I could cancel it.

Microsoft's order details are all messed up. According to UPS, my shipment was picked up this morning, but according to MS, it was delivered on 1/8/2018.

Congrats! :D/ Hopefully it arrives quickly so you can try it out this weekend!

Mine is still pending and has the cancel button but I hope it gets shipped soon...
As a reference point, bought my Series X around 12:30AM launch day, still pending with option to cancel.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

As a reference point, bought my Series X around 12:30AM launch day, still pending with option to cancel.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
My order was at 10:30pm MST on Nov. 9, so maybe we were a bit later than other people. On the bright side, it is the Microsoft Store so it's probably safe to say our orders won't be cancelled and they will just wait for more units if none are available right now, unlike the other retailers that have just cancelled orders for not having enough units like Kohl's for the PS5.

Just received a notice that my Series X is ready for pick up at Best Buy.

Previously it said it wouldn’t be ready until Saturday.

My order was at 10:30pm MST on Nov. 9, so maybe we were a bit later than other people. On the bright side, it is the Microsoft Store so it's probably safe to say our orders won't be cancelled and they will just wait for more units if none are available right now, unlike the other retailers that have just cancelled orders for not having enough units like Kohl's for the PS5.
They have talked about actually letting people put down a deposit to get a console, it's a question of the retail partners it seems like. Makes me actually wonder a little about the GameStop partnership and if it might be plausible.

For those still looking, try Walmart in store. My local Gamestop got 6 series x and no Series s (according to popfindr). There where 40 people in line at 4am so I wasn't waiting to be disappointed. My local Walmart is just around the corner so I popped in there hoping to get lucky. They had no Series X or ps5 but I scored a series S at least. They had a case full of those, at least 8 or 10 and the cashier said they have several More out back. Seems weird they would have so many series S but no Xs at all, but I just said fuck it and got an s for now. Soon as I get my hands on an X I'll just pass the S off to the kiddos or sell it.

Showed up a local GS at 4:45 but there were about 30+ people in front of me. Average age of 20 so looks like this dad is getting old. The hunt for the Series X continues.

Sad this is the first console I have been actually willing and able to pay retail price at launch for but just can't seem to luck out.

Showed up a local GS at 4:45 but there were about 30+ people in front of me. Average age of 20 so looks like this dad is getting old. The hunt for the Series X continues.

Sad this is the first console I have been actually willing and able to pay retail price at launch for but just can't seem to luck out.
Other than when the Wii launched, this is the only console I haven't been able to get close to launch. Online is just such a shit show that seems to crash or sell out without the cart buttons going live. A bummer, but such is life.

bread's done
Back