Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
The Series S be like ...

Booster-2-300x300.jpg

My order from Best buy last weekend was also available today instead of tomorrow. Really pleased with Best buys no contact curbside pickup, it's a great system to protect their employees from potential exposure. unfortunately that didn't stop there from being a long line outside the building but at least most of those people were wearing masks.

Most importantly, Series X is here!

My order from Best buy last weekend was also available today instead of tomorrow. Really pleased with Best buys no contact curbside pickup, it's a great system to protect their employees from potential exposure. unfortunately that didn't stop there from being a long line outside the building but at least most of those people were wearing masks.

Most importantly, Series X is here!
I couldn’t pick up my Best Buy order, the parking lot was packed and so was the actual curbside. Looks like curbside is open until 10pm I’ll try again around 830pm.

On the MyStore app there is a Target about 40 min away that shows green with 3. Does that mean they’re available in store but not online? Or are they being held in the stockroom or something?

On the MyStore app there is a Target about 40 min away that shows green with 3. Does that mean they’re available in store but not online? Or are they being held in the stockroom or something?
Probably to be sold online. My understanding is no stock is available in store and must be bought online for pickup.

My Bestbuy pick up order that was set for today just got delayed. Only info is that it should be fulfilled in the next few days but if they don't do so by December 4th they'll cancel the order. So that's not great.

So I got an series X from that Best Buy restock earlier in the week, said it was available for pick up today and I made my friend the pick up person since the series X was for him, goes to designated curbside pick up area and after a half hour they tell him they can’t give it to him because the system hasn’t processed him as a pick up person. He showed them in the app that he is listed as the designated pick up person but they still wouldn’t budge, they said he would need to wait in the hour long line to get into the store to have them do process it inside or possibly come back tomorrow so We are both going to just go in tomorrow. Quite annoying

My Bestbuy pick up order that was set for today just got delayed. Only info is that it should be fulfilled in the next few days but if they don't do so by December 4th they'll cancel the order. So that's not great.
The same thing happened to my order. According to Popfindr, my Bestbuy hasn't been restocked since launch day.

Hopefully popfindr is nothing to go off of for this restock. Already had launch day pickup order extended then cancelled, don't need a rerun

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Got an actual UPS notification that the Box shipped and should be here tomorrow. Good luck to the rest of you with Microsoft Store orders. Hopefully soon for everybody!

How long did you have to wait at Best Buy this morning?  I did the first Add to Cart, and I've been waiting 10 minutes. 

Best Buy so unacceptable...my order has t been filled yet.

Wonder if I can buy a second one in anticipation of them cancelling my other order. How do they sell more of something that they cannot currently fulfill?
I got another one in my cart after purchasing one and it wouldn't let me checkout. Said I met the max for the item already lol. Was trying to guarantee one for my bro in law but oh well.

I’m glad they’re doing this. Gives more people a shot at it.
I agree.

The way they also make you do verification codes is great because that kind of makes bots moot, until they update the bots.

I tried signing out of my account and seeing if it kept in my cart so I could enter my bro in laws info, but as soon as i logged out, the cart was empty. So it's still sticking around in my cart under my account unfortunately (for him).

Exactly! Guess they want to boost sales figures for the weekend, then cancel those orders in two weeks.
General accounting practices wouldn’t allow you to recognize revenue till the product is sold and out your doors. This would only cause bb more work.

General accounting practices wouldn’t allow you to recognize revenue till the product is sold and out your doors. This would only cause bb more work.
GAAP doesn’t need to apply to sales figures. It’s just a metric.

That being said I don’t think that dudes conspiracy theory is correct.

they likely add the sale to Accounts Receivable, then realize the sale when shipment occurs.

they likely add the sale to Accounts Receivable, then realize the sale when shipment occurs.
You would only do that if collectability is a certainty. Likely comes up in a future ship or back order report but not actually hitting a p&l. Also that’s more of a b2b practice when selling on credit.

I don’t mean Sales with a capital S on an income statement. I just mean like a vanity metric like “sales went up x% y/y” and everyone feels good and execs get their bonus.
I’m a senior financial planner and analysts at a fortune 5 global company. That’s not how it works.

I’m a senior financial planner and analysts at a fortune 5 global company. That’s not how it works.
Don’t doubt you. And when you talk about balance sheets and income statements, you are the expert.

But I develop/fix comp programs for sales teams. There’s a lot of shenanigans when it comes to metrics and bonus pay. That’s why I say sales figures don’t have to follow GAAP. Perhaps not at Best Buy but definitely in other sectors.

Figures I missed the Best Buy sale because I went to Kohls to spend the free Kohls Cash I got for my cancelled PS5.  Oh well, better luck next time.

My first BB order was delayed and cancelled then they took more orders 2 days later. Now the order i got from that batch is still preparing for pickup today while they take more orders. Don't know how they can cancel and delay but take more orders for the same store.

My first BB order was delayed and cancelled then they took more orders 2 days later. Now the order i got from that batch is still preparing for pickup today while they take more orders. Don't know how they can cancel and delay but take more orders for the same store.

Same boat very odd for sure. Have a Xbox and ps5 in that status of preparing for pick up today. Clearly it won’t.

Walmart is selling these in store now. YMMV but there is a lot of chatter of success since these are leftover stock after online orders have been fulfilled. Good luck.

Use brickseek

Walmart is selling these in store now. YMMV but there is a lot of chatter of success since these are leftover stock after online orders have been fulfilled. Good luck.

Use brickseek
Brickseek shows most of the stores around me having “6+”. I just don’t see that being possible. If I call will they actually tell me if they’re in stock?

Brickseek shows most of the stores around me having “6+”. I just don’t see that being possible. If I call will they actually tell me if they’re in stock?
If you are pressed for time I suppose you can call but otherwise I would come in store since associates are more inclined to help you. Whenever I call around my stores my Walmarts never seem to pick up. I called a local one in San Jose and they said they sold 20 units in store this morning at 8:00 a.m. after fulfilling the online orders. I think what people are going to come to find is that their experience will vary since some stores are still assuming that their stock is only to fulfill online orders but the problem is that they didn't realize that all of their online orders that were assigned to their store should have been fulfilled by now so they're just going off of old information.

bread's done
Back