Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
so i walked into the same exact walmart i got my xbox last week....

apparently there is a new walmart policy, no in-store sales of new game systems

weird

why xbox series X bundle is not popular as ps5?

Is Xbox marketing not good?
Couple of reasons I think:

1. PS4 managed to build a larger base of pre-existing fans than for the lesser selling XBox One, most likely.

2. Sony had the better game presentation for PS5.

Add to that that you don't save money on hardware going Microsoft per se, and it may be the harder sell.

I am amazed, the XBox Series S has been in my GS cart for over 6 hours! (I just get curious how fast it sells out)

Was able to order a Series S on the 15th and picked it up yesterday. (Vader voice) Now the next-gen Trinity is complete.[attachment=35104:C2140214-4454-403F-955C-53A1928D0327.jpeg]

Was able to order a Series S on the 15th and picked it up yesterday. (Vader voice) Now the next-gen Trinity is complete.
attachicon.gif
C2140214-4454-403F-955C-53A1928D0327.jpeg
Where's the PC?

Did anyone else order a gamestop bundle? I ordered one last night but never got a confirmation email and still says processing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes. Although granted, I think the January date is a "safe figure" as mine is showing "Preparing to ship". Maybe not though.
What time yesterday did you order it? I got mine at midnight but it hasn't processed

Honestly, I know this won’t be a popular opinion and many of you won’t want to hear or believe this ... but if you own a 1X, there’s barely any reason to upgrade to the Series X (right now) from everything I’ve seen so far. Most of the games look a little better but it’s like boosting settings on your pc. The interface is exactly the same as on the 1X. The controller actually feels cheaper imo. And the shape of the console makes it annoying to reach around to plug things into. I honestly miss my 1X.

Will I feel this way in 6 months if an awesome semi-exclusive Series X game comes out, probably not. And I’m definitely looking forward to what Bethesda will bring to the table. But honestly, from a Day One experience ... it was literally as exciting as replugging in my 1X. Unless you love what you’ve already been playing for the last 2 years (Gears, Forza, etc) ... you really don’t need to kill yourself trying to get one of these before Christmas. It’s not worth the insanity imo.

Honestly, I know this won’t be a popular opinion and many of you won’t want to hear or believe this ... but if you own a 1X, there’s barely any reason to upgrade to the Series X (right now) from everything I’ve seen so far. Most of the games look a little better but it’s like boosting settings on your pc. The interface is exactly the same as on the 1X. The controller actually feels cheaper imo. And the shape of the console makes it annoying to reach around to plug things into. I honestly miss my 1X.

Will I feel this way in 6 months if an awesome semi-exclusive Series X game comes out, probably not. And I’m definitely looking forward to what Bethesda will bring to the table. But honestly, from a Day One experience ... it was literally as exciting as replugging in my 1X. Unless you love what you’ve already been playing for the last 2 years (Gears, Forza, etc) ... you really don’t need to kill yourself trying to get one of these before Christmas. It’s not worth the insanity imo.
The games will look better and load faster too. Not to mention that 7 games at a time can be suspended(digital of course) I am sure there are other things it does better than a One X other than what I just typed. The way I looked at it, I was able to sell my Cyberpunk One X console for $400 which is more than I paid for it. After taxes with the Series X, it would be around $140 to upgrade to next gen. Made too much sense to me. Yeah, it was a pain in the butt to get at retail(if my Walmart order ships) but I'll be playing games the best possible way now for console. My gaming laptop is not as powerful but it's still good enough to run games pretty well that aren't available on my Series X. Nitro 5 2019 version. GTX 1650. If you can only get like $200-$250 for your One X, I see what you mean.

It will only be an unpopular opinion because it isn't a smart opinion. The games will, and do look better, they also run better. Load times are an improvement even with X1 games.

It will only be an unpopular opinion because it isn't a smart opinion. The games will, and do look better, they also run better. Load times are an improvement even with X1 games.
Barely ... and load times are only so exciting. An intelligent opinion would be waiting for something worth playing, which the Series X is severely lacking in current comparison to the PS5.

Evidently I’m not alone in that opinion -

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattgardner1/2020/12/01/why-the-xbox-series-x-is-2020s-biggest-gaming-disappointment/?sh=1a690ba4ef15

I kind of agree on the opinion. The only benefits I've seen so far with the s because I have an older TV is destiny looks better and runs smoother and loads faster. My wife said ark runs better though on the series s.

I also upgraded from the one s and before we were using the og Xbox one. I just wanted to make the jump to the series x and be done but haven't found one avaliable and might just wait it out at this point because all I need really is the console by itself.

The quicker load times are a very nice feature. I want to replace every HDD device I have with a SSD because of it. But the Series X just feels like Xbox One X 2.0 with minimal changes to the user interface and controller. I'm excited to see what the future holds but right now it doesn't seem worth it to upgrade. If I wasn't a sucker for new technology I would just keep my One X.

I am in close agreement with you on this. I have a Xbox One X, and other than faster load times, and no killer app exclusives at launch, I really am not all that into getting one right now. I haven't seen anything yet over the next few months that would want me to upgrade either.

At current moment, I am doing the Xbox Game Pass Quests, Xbox Daily rewards, and bing rewards, and am sitting on around $400 worth of points, redeemable for microsoft gift cards. I think at this point, I am just going to keep grinding away at getting the series X totally free, or at least $90 worth of me my own gift cards. Right now, I am happy enough that I was able to get a PS5 from the Dec. 15th walmart drop. That console actually seems like an actual next gen system, and more the system to get, if you can, right now. Things will change for Xbox probably by mid next year I imagine, as they start to get their exclusives going. This was just a disappointing launch if you ask me. Just my 2cents, and good luck to those of you upgrading. I would feel very differently however, if I was coming from either a Xbox One, or Xbox One S... that would be a much better upgrade, and I would have jumped in for that.

I'm moving up from a One S and am excited. Jedi Fallen Order (the game I most recently tried) doesn't look good on that old of a console so I'm looking forward to seeing it with more robust graphics.

The reason it doesn't feel worth it is because there aren't any killer new games.   But I'm from a different mindset.  My PS5 was worth the upgrade for the framerate increase at 4K alone.   All I've been doing has been playing Borderlands 3 in 4K60 with HDR.   The results are beyond impressive.  It also loads into any map in 10sec.  I hear that Destiny 2 just received its 4K60 patch too.  If you have a good 4K setup (television, which is what everybody should be investing in before buying one of these new consoles) then you will see a substantial performance increase.   These consoles are worth it for the loading times and frame rate bump alone.  Though you don't need a new Xbox if you have a modern PC gaming rig. 

It takes about $1,000-$1,500 to get a 4K HDR TV that's worthwhile, and it will make all of your content substantially better.  That's where a lot of people (who haven't upgraded yet) should be prioritizing their hardware investments before buying a new console.  Someone at 1080p isn't going to get a lot out of these new machines. 

I'm moving up from a One S and am excited. Jedi Fallen Order (the game I most recently tried) doesn't look good on that old of a console so I'm looking forward to seeing it with more robust graphics.
I think in that scenario you’ll see a substantial and exciting upgrade to performance. My parents have an S because they needed a Blu-ray player and it’s a good system but the 1X blew it out of the water. The Series X will be a great system, even the system interface performs better than on the 1X (which seemed to hang up and have issues at random times).

I just hope Microsoft amps up its game offerings in 2021 ... it worries me that Halo has been pushed back and I haven’t seen any AAA titles announced for the first half of the year. Hopefully they really bring it at E3 and make 2021 a strong holiday contender in the second half of the year.

The upgrade seems minimal but you can tell the latest games are struggling on the older hardware, I have a One X and a Series X and ran Watchdogs Legion, AC:Valhalla, Cyberpunk  and a couple more newer releases on both. They mostly ran OK on the One X, had couple crashes on Valhalla, we all know the story with cyberpunk and watchdogs was pretty ok. Now running on a Series X you can feel how the system just breezes through and everything is faster, better looking and performing way better. It is true that you can still enjoy the games on the older system, the One X does the job and can still take you a long way. That said, if you want to enjoy your games the best way possible, on console, if you can afford it and if you can find one without fighting people at Walmart after standing in line since 3am or F5'ing every site and loosing your mind over restocking, I would say go for it. Everyone keeps talking about lack of new games and exclusives, but here at CAG every single one of us will have a backlog to play 2 lives over (or more) and I think we can wait for the new hotness to come out and also to hit gamepass. 

Or not, you can do whatever the heck you want with your money and time.

I'm hoping they got pushed back with the COVID changes and decided to just hold back products. Considering how well the Xbox consoles have been selling, it seems Game Pass is putting in the early work and they can get another push from a set of 2021 releases.

Has anyone's Series X been turning off randomly? It only happens on 2K21 during MyNBA games and on CoD: CW, but it just freezes and kicks me to the dashboard.

Managed to pick up another so gonna send this back.

I will say that first party games that struggled even on the 1X, like State of Decay 2, perform exceptionally well on the Series X. It really does offer the optimum Xbox experience ... it just needs a few killer apps that make it feel next gen.

the bundles yesterday were preorders for sometime in january
I received an email stating the order is in progress and checked my account, according to Gamestop preorders will be processed when they're available for shipping. Mine was slated between December 29th and January 5th.

Just had nowinstock send me an alert that the series x was in stock on microsoft but it's not *first world pout*

Edit: apparently in went back out of stock in 3 minutes? Is this normal? I haven't been paying attention to how long stock holds up but now I have xbox credit covering it.

Decided to cancel the gamestop holiday bundle for the series x.

If you add it up the math doesn't make sense and they up charged you 10 bucks for buying the bundle not to mention that the two games are currently on sale for 29.99 and 39.99.

Console 499.99 games are 120 controller is 60 and gamepass is 45 which equals 725 and they were charging 735 for the bundle.

Didn't seem like that great of a deal unless shipping was included.

If you add it up the math doesn't make sense and they up charged you 10 bucks for buying the bundle not to mention that the two games are currently on sale for 29.99 and 39.99.

Console 499.99 games are 120 controller is 60 and gamepass is 45 which equals 725 and they were charging 735 for the bundle.

If it was the bundle with NBA and Call of Duty, both are $70 on SX/PS5.

You are looking at it the wrong way. It's not a question of whether it's a good deal or not. It boils down to how bad do you want it. There are tons of people on Ebay paying 3-4 times what you thought Gamestop was overcharging you. Now if you don't really want a Series X that bad then you probably made the right choice. But if you've been badly wanting a next-gen console then you messed up.

I'm waiting for Microsoft Flight Simulator to get released on the Series X so i'm in no rush and I currently have roughly 335,000 rewards points I want to redeem towards the purchase of the Series X so I can wait till next year.

You are looking at it the wrong way. It's not a question of whether it's a good deal or not. It boils down to how bad do you want it. There are tons of people on Ebay paying 3-4 times what you thought Gamestop was overcharging you. Now if you don't really want a Series X that bad then you probably made the right choice. But if you've been badly wanting a next-gen console then you messed up.

I'm waiting for Microsoft Flight Simulator to get released on the Series X so i'm in no rush and I currently have roughly 335,000 rewards points I want to redeem towards the purchase of the Series X so I can wait till next year.
Yeah I did pick up a series s so that is holding me over for now.

Just had nowinstock send me an alert that the series x was in stock on microsoft but it's not *first world pout*

Edit: apparently in went back out of stock in 3 minutes? Is this normal? I haven't been paying attention to how long stock holds up but now I have xbox credit covering it.
it must be normal because it just happened again

bread's done
Back