Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
BB drops are a nightmare in my area. It's the same with the Target. Constantly tells you it's not available in your store despite showing in stock at the store you are trying to buy from. I have seen people that just spam the checkout button no matter what message pops up and they say it goes through. Some sit there for 5 minutes constantly clicking checkout. I am going to try that strategy next time for a PS5. I am actually trying to get a Series X for a friend but need to use the MS store because I have credit there. I missed the last drop but was able to get it in my cart so next drop from the MS, I should be able to get it no problem assuming I am sitting in front of my computer and know there is going to be a drop since my twitter notifications on my phone don't work for anyone I follow.

I've struck out on Gamestop and BB twice now. Getting real annoying when you see people listing their order screens on eBay for auction style bidding. 

Series X up on the Microsoft site right now!!
Yup and t's OOS. I was there right when it went live. My phone was logged in with the X already in my cart but took 4 min to get to review order. By the time it did, OSS. My comp wouldn't log in until it was OSS. Lame.

How is XSS stock lately? I’ve seen it be up for a bit at Best Buy, longer than usual, but am not sure if it’s getting easier to find one. I will have some GS credit so ideally I can one day in a few months walk into GS (or online) get one

I was refreshing on the Series X Walmart page one minute before it went live.  When the "add to cart" showed, I clicked on it and got the "out of stock" message.

I was refreshing on the Series X Walmart page one minute before it went live. When the "add to cart" showed, I clicked on it and got the "out of stock" message.

Walmart immediately out of stock. Get to captcha, and it's gone. Sigh.

My CC CCV verification screwed me over. I didn't have the card out. ARGHGHHHHH
You all really need to follow Jake Randall's youtube stream. He also has a video of how to order at Walmart. I've gotten both Series X and just today, a PS5 from Walmart. I never had to verify my CC or Captcha. I had my Walmart CC saved on my account so not sure if that's why. A lot of twitter people and Jake have direct to cart links too that help with the process. Jake has inside info at Target and also does Target live streams. One is coming next week. He also has a Target video. I highly suggest you follow him/watch his live stream to maximize your chances.

You all really need to follow Jake Randall's youtube stream. He also has a video of how to order at Walmart. I've gotten both Series X and just today, a PS5 from Walmart. I never had to verify my CC or Captcha. I had my Walmart CC saved on my account so not sure if that's why. A lot of twitter people and Jake have direct to cart links too that help with the process. Jake has inside info at Target and also does Target live streams. One is coming next week. He also has a Target video. I highly suggest you follow him/watch his live stream to maximize your chances.

Bro it's because I'm ordering to NYC with a card registered to Ohio. CVV code is needed for security purposes. Regardless, I followed the stream and it was gone.

Best Buy let me add a non-bundle XB1, but then I couldn't buy it because there were no stores within 250 miles of me to pick it up.
Yeah so I've heard the trick to that is to just keep spamming the check out button. It's very similar to Target. Evidently, if you see it's in stock at that store and you keep spamming, it should go through. Some people have sat there for minutes just spamming and it goes through. I have not tried this though so I can't recommend it but it does seem like it can work. I once spent 30 min changing stores at BB before I got the no stores 250 and they deleted it from my cart. If it's still in your cart, keep trying and hopefully, it stays there for the next drop.

ah makes sense I will keep an eye out online then
I'm sure you follow Wario64 and other people on twitter that tweet when those systems are in stock. Every time a Series S drops it's always online for a long time. I can recall 2 times where it was available on Best Buy for 8-12 hours. You should have no problem getting one when it goes in stock at GameStop.

I'm sure you follow Wario64 and other people on twitter that tweet when those systems are in stock. Every time a Series S drops it's always online for a long time. I can recall 2 times where it was available on Best Buy for 8-12 hours. You should have no problem getting one when it goes in stock at GameStop.
its been available at best buy for a couple days now, not everywhere, its store specific, but its got the add to cart button or find store button as opposed to the sold out gray button.

Got the XSS from Microsoft today. Says it has expedited shipping and will be here 3/12 but I don’t believe that. Anyone else ordered from them can comment on their shipping?

How much do you think the console will ultimately cost you having bought it in the bundle? Neither of those games is really a $60 value now - they’ve been out for a while.

Almost bought a Series S today and then realized there aren’t any games I can’t already play on my Xbox One.
I wasn’t going to do it but when I saw GameStop was offering $160 for my one s,
Basically half the price of a XSS, I had to do it. But yeah there aren’t many games until this fall that are exclusive, and likely not many until 2022+ when all these studio acquisitions hopefully kick into full gear

It helps that I’m having a kid later this year so I was like “well $$ will be tighter then so $300+ then or $160 now?”

Best Buy is in store pick up only it seems...so much for that, I'm 60 miles from one. How are people ordering one at Gamestop if you have trade ins?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Screw that, I'd have nothing to play. About Series S does any expansion SSD work or does it have to be Microsoft? Like the 360 had before it was hacked (hddhacker)

I am probably going to trade in my xbox before gs ends their $50 bonus. I will just stream gamepass games from my phone if I get bored lol

Follow Jakes stream if you want an Xbox X or S. If not, keep refreshing Target.

PS5 disc already went live. Xbox any min now most likely. If you get to the place order, spam over and over and over again. Might take 20 min but as long as you are on the place order screen, that store has stock. If it boots you off that screen, find a store that has stock and then keep spamming place order.

Screw that, I'd have nothing to play. About Series S does any expansion SSD work or does it have to be Microsoft? Like the 360 had before it was hacked (hddhacker)
you can use a usb hdd to store next gen games I believe but next gen games must be copied to internal ssd (364GB on XSS) to run. But it’s confusing because not all XS optimized games are treated by the system as next gen only. Halo MCC for example has XS enhancements but can be run natively from a usb hdd.

But if you want no worries about storage, yes Xbox had their own expansion 1TB stick that’s $220, which at that point you might as well buy XSX. Tho I am 100% willing to bet retailers will mark that down sometime in late 2021 to big discounts.

Again, you can use a usb hdd/ssd for most things now. As more next gen only game’s come out tho no, you will need to use internal storage or the Xbox expansion drive.

The good news is nvm4 ssd prices are coming down to where I think $120ish for 1TB is happening relatively soon.

PS5/XSX both jumped the gun on m.2 nvme; all we needed was sata ssd; and we could all be increasing our storage space with any sata ssd drive to 1,2,4,8tb.     But instead m.2nvme has us at 1tb/825gb=800/660gb usable, and expensive upgrades.  

That money should have been used to improve power on the CPU/GPU/RAM  instead. 

bread's done
Back