Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
What's weird to me is my Series S is saying it's outputting at 4k, which I know it isn't, but my TV only does 1080p and 4k for HD, so I dunno why it isn't forcing 1080 as the resolution.
Yeah, I don't know. Maybe it's taking the 1440p or whatever image and upscaling it to 4K. I'm under the impression this type of upscaling has no performance cost or almost none.

I was able to score a Series X on the Microsoft Store this afternoon through a notification on the HotStock App. My impression is things continue to sell out in seconds so an app or the like may be a necessity if you want one now. Microsoft is claiming they’ll have supply under control by June so maybe this nonsense is almost at an end anyway.

Hello…Do you know whether I can buy a previous gen like the Xbox one S to buy the series X in the store ? I mean does Xbox one S also have the feature of buying hardware in the system menu ?

I never own an Xbox before but I want the X actually. Some people said using Xbox consoles to buy the hardware is a very good way to secure the console during restock in mircosoft store. I am planning to buy a used Xbox one S to give it a try …Xbox series s is too expensive

I'd still posit that if you're willing to drop a few hundred to get an Xbox One just so you can maybe get a Series X... why not just use that extra money and pay scalper prices and save youself the trouble?

I'd still posit that if you're willing to drop a few hundred to get an Xbox One just so you can maybe get a Series X... why not just use that extra money and pay scalper prices and save youself the trouble?
Or better yet, sit on Wario64 and CAG's Twitter feeds and wait for a Gamestop bundle to pop up. Though it seems to mostly be PS5 bundles lately.

i recommend waiting for jake randall live stream, be available from 6 am - 9 am and snag a target drive up with redcard for like $510

Target had an in-store pickup restock this morning around 7:45 AM ET. Finally managed to snag a Series X!

I’ve been keeping Twitter alerts on for Jake Randall, Matt Swider, Wario64 and a few others. @mattswider was the one who gave me a heads up in time to finally snag one today.

Now that I’ve got my Series X and PS5 (managed to get that a few months back), it’s time to turn off Twitter alerts and save my phone’s battery life. 😆

Target had an in-store pickup restock this morning around 7:45 AM ET. Finally managed to snag a Series X!

I’ve been keeping Twitter alerts on for Jake Randall, Matt Swider, Wario64 and a few others. @mattswider was the one who gave me a heads up in time to finally snag one today.

Now that I’ve got my Series X and PS5 (managed to get that a few months back), it’s time to turn off Twitter alerts and save my phone’s battery life.
Thanks for posting this. I just happened to wake up way too early and saw this. Bought an X for a friend who had been looking for one. They were only in stock at two Targets by the time I got to their website and while I was checking out, the store I had picked sold out. Fortunately, I was able to get it at the other Target.

What a trash bundle. The headset is the old $60 model, not the new headset. The vouchers aren’t for anything game related or anything anyone would want. The vouchers include:

Family Services Suite 3 voucher:

Transparent Language Online Service 3 Months
BetterPhoto 101 Online Course
RescueTime Premium 6 Months
Family Cookbook Project Premium 1-Year Subscription

Game Pack Elite 4 voucher:

Redbox 1 On Demand Rental $6.00 Promo
Pandora Premium 3-Month Pass

I finally got an order in (Best Buy) thanks to a tip from Matt Swider on twitter last Tuesday.

I definitely recommend following him as I could've gotten a PS5 from his tips a day later.

(I had one in my cart, but decided to wait until they de-uglify that huge beast a little bit with a second model)

Anyway, I had to get a bundle with an extra controller that I don't really need since Xbox One controllers work with it.

Does anyone know if I can return just the controller to best buy after I pick up my system tomorrow?

Thanks!

I finally got an order in (Best Buy) thanks to a tip from Matt Swider on twitter last Tuesday.

I definitely recommend following him as I could've gotten a PS5 from his tips a day later.

(I had one in my cart, but decided to wait until they de-uglify that huge beast a little bit with a second model)

Anyway, I had to get a bundle with an extra controller that I don't really need since Xbox One controllers work with it.

Does anyone know if I can return just the controller to best buy after I pick up my system tomorrow?

Thanks!
By the way, for anyone interested I think I have the answer now. If you buy a bundle at Best Buy, you CAN return components of it like the extra controller. You just can't do it right away. I was told that I can definitely return it, but I may need to wait 24 hours since the pickup doesn't register in the system for a while after you receive it.

I'm going to try to head back over the weekend to get my $60 back.

By the way, for anyone interested I think I have the answer now. If you buy a bundle at Best Buy, you CAN return components of it like the extra controller. You just can't do it right away. I was told that I can definitely return it, but I may need to wait 24 hours since the pickup doesn't register in the system for a while after you receive it.

I'm going to try to head back over the weekend to get my $60 back.
Let us know if you were able to do it

Logged into target app about 1am last night , see that I can order a series x for pick up. Showed up right after I got the pick up email today and have it in hand now.

Check target at odd hours guys, they must be getting restocks this week...

Logged into target app about 1am last night , see that I can order a series x for pick up. Showed up right after I got the pick up email today and have it in hand now.

Check target at odd hours guys, they must be getting restocks this week...
Target will vary since its at the store level, once the store scans inventory in it'll show. Last weekend starting friday it dropped anywhere from 430AM-845AM EST from different stores. It did that Saturday as well once stores had more stock.

Maybe when the 5th gen Xbox comes out I’ll be able to buy an Xbox series x.
They really should've just waited until the end of the chip shortage before launching this gen. By the time most people get the tech into their hands, it won't even be cutting edge anymore.

Actually lack of availability just increases demand, this is actually working in their favor, though I'm sure they wish they could make more.

They really should've just waited until the end of the chip shortage before launching this gen. By the time most people get the tech into their hands, it won't even be cutting edge anymore.
The last console that released as cutting edge technology was the 360. I don’t think we’ll ever see it again.

bread's done
Back