Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
This may actually prove to be a difficult console to obtain if the supply chain shortages contributing to the current gen console shortage persist into 2022, which is kind of wild because traditionally Halo consoles are pretty easy to obtain around the holidays. Curious to see what quantity of allotment other retailers will get of this bundle/edition.

I've been curious about the Elite controllers so I went for one of those and managed to get one from MS. A buddy of mine won one in a contest a while ago and says it's pretty cool. Not sure if it will be $200 cool but I'm sure I'll forget to cancel it between now and November so I'll probably find out.

[attachment=35991:Screenshot_20210825-222551_Twitter.jpg]

Take with a grain of salt. The halo elite controller is gamestop exclusive unless Microsoft makes more. Not sure now 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️. Another Twitter says Amazon will carry the controller

Well, if the Forza 5 controller is their idea of "extremely limited" there should be plenty.

Console is probably going to be hard to get if you don't score a pre-order since, just paying attention to recent Xbox X drops, they were obviously holding back stock to be able to make some of these. Controllers don't seem in demand at all.

PayPal is offering 10% off YMMV (max $50) Target purchase when activated.  Was able to order the Series X Halo Edition for $500 yesterday.  50 bucks off. :D/

Real talk, have I just been completely ignorant, or was this special edition not talked much about? I would have loved this, but looks like I missed out.

Real talk, have I just been completely ignorant, or was this special edition not talked much about? I would have loved this, but looks like I missed out.
I never heard about this edition until yesterday, and then Microsoft, Target and Walmart put it up for preorder, which didn't last very long. Was this console announced at Gamescom?

I never heard about this edition until yesterday, and then Microsoft, Target and Walmart put it up for preorder, which didn't last very long. Was this console announced at Gamescom?
Yes. Just announced yesterday. There was no warning about it. I got the controller, but the not knowing when the console goes live on the other sites means it's almost gaurenteed to get missed by me. :(. I keep refreshing bb anywho.

I don't remember hearing about this one at all but I figured MS would do it.  Halo makes the most sense and it's another chance to take a shot at Sony over custom consoles.  The only thing I wished they did was a special edition expansions drive that was themed like Cortana's chip.  Would have been very cool. 

I love how Best Buy is always late to the party.  I guess we wait but I have a feeling it will go live in the morning so I will miss it.

I preordered the Halo console with Walmart and it went so smooth I was shocked, not even a press and hold. With PS5 it was the contrary. 

Doesn't this end up being like $246 before tax because of the conversion?
Yeah I moved fast, but will reconsider later. I didn't want to get stuck looking at eBay. I think the controller retails for $199, so roughly a $25 markup after taxes? Final order came to 181.17 in UK

Thanks Preordered! Its not much more after tax in the US. I paid 231 shipped. Now if Best Buy would go ahead and release the Halo series X, my F5 could get a break. 

bread's done
Back