Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that the closest store to me is listed. I also noticed that the fine print says that individual stores can choose how to handle things and may differ. Is there any way I can find out if my store is doing something different than what this says?
Call them tonight?

What?? That sounds weak. Thanks for the information. I’ll probably just return it then. I have an Xbox One and can just use gamepass with that.
It's still better than any Xbox One, minus the fact that the One X can play at 4K resolutions. It can still go up to 1440p and play games at 60 and 120 Hz and it has the same load times as the Series X. Plus, it's super tiny.

Managed to snag a Series X at the closest Best Buy to me. They sold out of PS5s maybe four or five ahead of me.

Finally, was able to purchase a Xbox Series X (bundle) from GameStop's Early Pro Access this morning. Used Sezzle too, so not much of a hit on the wallet right off the bat.

Have had the series S for a long while, but been wanting the series X.

I was able to get one a few days ago and managed to snag another one today for my friend (shipped to his house) from my account. I'm worried they might cancel his order. I ordered through MS, should I be worried that they'll cancel the order?

I just got an Xbox Series X Halo Infinite edition from Walmart.  The first time I added it to cart from the item page and it asked for that press and hold crap that never works.  Earlier I saved to a list so I went in there to add to cart and it didn't even ask for the press and hold. 

I spent about a minute fighting the Account Verification Boss, about 30 different ones and I was wondering if I was making a mistake holding this button doing constantly

But it worked out and I got the Pre Order with Verified E Mail

I got the Halo Console.  I didn't even refresh on the browser.  Just spam the pre-order button.  I had to be quick on approving the charge on my Discover card, but it went through so far!  If it stays pre-ordred, my co-worker can buy my launch Series X! :)

It's still better than any Xbox One, minus the fact that the One X can play at 4K resolutions. It can still go up to 1440p and play games at 60 and 120 Hz and it has the same load times as the Series X. Plus, it's super tiny.
I've been really impressed by some of the Series S comparisons by Digital Foundry. Based on titles with effort to the Series S optimization like Tony Hawk 1+2 and Doom Eternal or Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, it's pretty clear that this thing can do better than One X thanks to the next gen CPU. It also has support for FPS Boost, which gets you 60 fps on over 100 games that even the One X is capped at 30 fps (Dark Souls III, Prey, Tomb Raider: DE, etc.).

But.... any game that doesn't have a native Series patch *or* FPS Boost support patch will still be better on the One X, since the Series S only runs the base X1 (not One X) versions of games by default.

For $300 it's an incredible machine with the same CPU and SSD that the Series X has, which are leagues above all last gen consoles (even the One X). If it had a disc drive, I'd probably have bought it.

So anyway, Best Buy's website straight up lied about Series X being in stock Wednesday evening. I drove 45 minutes to a store that Series X was listed at as "Available to pick up in-store today" only to get there and be told that information was not correct and that they wouldn't have any until the next day.

Yeah, their site kept changing Wednesday night. At one time, they had something on the page for the PS5 about making sure you make an account and have the correct information before the consoles go on sale, you'd have 15 minutes to make your purchase after it would be reserved in your cart, then later it was removed. They should just let people pre-order these things and let you come pick them up whenever they eventually get them in stock. 

They should just let people pre-order these things and let you come pick them up whenever they eventually get them in stock.
They won't because people are fucking morons. Shortly after launch last year, consoles were made available to order that wouldn't actually be sent to people until around Christmas, and people were getting furious that the consoles they were buying wouldn't actually get to them for over a month. All the dipshits out there would lose their minds and constantly be harassing customer support if they were allowed to plunk down money on a console that would be delivered to them at an unspecified time of "whenever they're available".

best buy.com sold out so quick online is not funny. w/e happen to their any anti bot system
I added to cart as soon as it went up, waited through verification, and couldn't check out. No matter which store I changed to, it said unavailable.

Halo units show Coming Soon...or did they already sell out too?
It's been Coming Soon since they put the page up.

g d it, couldn't get the Target drop. Had it in cart, put in my cvc, hit place order, and then nothing. That's as far as I've gotten on any site so far.

g d it, couldn't get the Target drop. Had it in cart, put in my cvc, hit place order, and then nothing. That's as far as I've gotten on any site so far.
Keep an eye on Walmart. They drop every 10 minutes and I've had more luck there than most other sites. I got the PS5 in April and the Halo Series X last week there.

Keep an eye on Walmart. They drop every 10 minutes and I've had more luck there than most other sites. I got the PS5 in April and the Halo Series X last week there.
I tried during the last WM drop a week ago. It went live at 9pm and lasted an hour. I clicked add to cart over 1000 times (and held to verify account more times than I want to admit), trying both regular x and halo edition as I don't care which I get. Successfully added to cart twice during that time, but couldn't get past the first page before WM would remove it from my cart. orz

I've had a nowinstock tab constantly running for weeks. Whenever that alarm goes off, I jump on immediately to check out at whatever site (usually Microsoft) and they're already oos by then. Getting a series x feels impossible.

If you are willing to do All Access, a couple people in the Xbox deals thread claim it’s readily available at Walmart.
No thanks. I want to pay $500 for a $500 machine. It's considerably cheaper to get 3 years of ultimate on your own than two years of ultimate through All Access.

Hey, I’m with you guys on that. I am also not willing to go the all access route. But since a lot of people are, I figured I’d mention it

If you are willing to do All Access, a couple people in the Xbox deals thread claim it’s readily available at Walmart.

No thanks. I want to pay $500 for a $500 machine. It's considerably cheaper to get 3 years of ultimate on your own than two years of ultimate through All Access.
FYI, "All Access" will require a credit check... to some of us, each credit inquiry is worth at lease $500...This would be a great deal if credit check was not required.

bread's done
Back