Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
has anyone attempted to buy xbox $ from gamestop with trade credit and load up their account with enough to buy an xbox from microsoft.com? I wonder if the odds of getting it from microsoft would be greater than gamestop?
M$ shop is claimed by bots. Don’t bother trying to get an Xbox there.

Got the email to pay for shipping on the x-screen today.  They have sent out a lot of updates on production during the campaign.

Received my delayed Series X ordered from Walmart 10/7. Arrived two weeks later than expected. Glad it wasn't canceled.

There should be a PUR drop this week: https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/1452696597784039430

Call them and complain, they gave me 10% off for my PS5s that were delayed.
I called them a week ago to ask for a delivery estimate. The rep didn't have any information but she emailed me a $15 code for the delay.

I'm just glad to finally get one after trying for months. Still have to keep up the hunt for my brother's though.

I still have the halo system in my cart (as Out of Stock) on gamestop, hoping one day it'll randomly let me check out with it  :dunce:

I'm stubborn, and want a NON-bundled series x....  big dreams

Yeah I am hoping I can score one of the Halo Series X too, even though I already have a launch SX... I am a sucker for LE consoles.
Same. I have bought almost every Halo console. I already told my friend who is struggling to find a new console that if I get the Halo edition, I'll sell him mine non LE version for slightly under MSRP

Random question. Anyone know what Microsoft Official Stores return policy is? I have the Halo Series X pre-ordered but not sure I'll be able to justify the second console (want it as a collector). My main question was how long is the return period since it'll obviously be more than 30 days since order by the time I get it.

Random question. Anyone know what Microsoft Official Stores return policy is? I have the Halo Series X pre-ordered but not sure I'll be able to justify the second console (want it as a collector). My main question was how long is the return period since it'll obviously be more than 30 days since order by the time I get it.
The return period (and warranty period) should start when the console is delivered.

Note to self never never bother to try to score an Xbox on Microsoft site since that's heavily guarded by bots
It’s obscene how difficult it is to get one from there. I have a ton of credit, plus a bunch of unredeemed rewards points banked, so I guess I just won’t get one until it’s reliably easy. I don’t understand why it’s so plagued by bots anyway. Is the resale market really still that strong for them?

I can't believe they are unable to create a block on the bots for their site.  Just register xbox owners to a list like sony? 

Almost 2 weeks to go on the Halo console.  I got in on the 2nd Walmart drop and it says November 22nd.  I hope they didn't over sell since it's more limited than the normal console.

We had two phones and a laptop trying to get in line. All made it in the line. One phone got disconnected, but both other devices holding still. Fingers crossed one works out.

Walmart is trying to get stuck pixels out of our screen.

-edit-

The refresh seizures have stopped. Series X is oos. Back to $900+ third-party listings.

Was anyone able to get one?

No luck with the walmart process.  I refuse to pay BB and Walmart for their BS "service" plans just to buy things at full retail price.  

There's an Amex offer for $75 off $500 promo at the Microsoft store. You need to log into your Amex account and add the offer if you qualify. Pretty good promo if you managed to get a preorder in for the Halo Series X Bundle or get a Series X order in.

You realize you are paying $840 vs $499, right? Seems shady that only the all access versions are available.

Best Buy has Series S and X available with All Access and store pickup. I got an X for pickup Saturday, and I'll just pay it off when my first bill comes.

Walmart was a bust again today. Was on at the right time but never saw it in stock.

Don't know if I mentioned it before, but my WM order from 10/7 did eventually arrive. The 3 yrs of Gold to Game Pass Ultimate conversion worked.

Almost bought an overpriced third-party X from Walmart by accident. Kept trying to buy-it-now and then suddenly I added a third-party one. The PS5 page went away when they ran out of Walmart-sold stock, but the Xbox page is just the regular page?

You realize you are paying $840 vs $499, right? Seems shady that only the all access versions are available.
I've tried to buy the All Access console and the credit company sent me an email stating they couldn't verify my identity or address. They still sent a letter to MY ADDRESS stating the same nonsense. Never had an issue with any credit company ever.

I noticed this as well. It's absolutely terrible that 3rd party sellers can list way over priced resold shit on these sites! I do not understand why Walmart and Amazon do this. It really leaves me wanting to not buy from these sites.

Almost bought an overpriced third-party X from Walmart by accident. Kept trying to buy-it-now and then suddenly I added a third-party one. The PS5 page went away when they ran out of Walmart-sold stock, but the Xbox page is just the regular page?

Best Buy has Series S in stock for shipping.

*Back in stock 7pm ET*

All Access available for Series S at Target for shipping.
All Access available for Series X at Best Buy with store pickup only. *still available 12am Eastern*

I can't believe that I was able to buy the All Access Series X on Best Buy. I know it's expensive in the long run, but the Gamestop bundle was 900 with the Halo Elite and a Razer Headset. I would rather pay for Game Pass.

I can't believe that I was able to buy the All Access Series X on Best Buy.
Not hard to believe M$ is willing to make All Access easier to get. You overpaid by $240 and had to run credit.

I agree though that it’s better than third-party scalpers and forced crappy bundles.

Not hard to believe M$ is willing to make All Access easier to get. You overpaid by $240 and had to run credit.

I agree though that it’s better than third-party scalpers and forced crappy bundles.
How is All Access overpaying for anything? It’s retail for the console, and a $20 discount on 24 months of Gamepass Ultimate with 0% financing.

All-Access is reasonable in my mind. Overpriced would be buying a lame bundle from QVC (or HSN). Kid you not, Series X bundles hover around $1000 or so and Series S bundles hover around $600 or so. It would be like buying a bundle off of a reputable scalper.

Edit: Then add tax plus shipping charges (unless they have a free shipping promo) and it's makes it far less worth the trouble.

Edit 2: fixed a typo.

Using All Access is cheaper than walking into a store and buying the console with Gamepass Ultimate. You save $20 on the X and $60 on the S, and there’s zero fee for simply paying it off right away and being out of the financing.

Using All Access is cheaper than walking into a store and buying the console with Gamepass Ultimate. You save $20 on the X and $60 on the S, and there’s zero fee for simply paying it off right away and being out of the financing.
Exactly. By comparison, anyone getting a bundle from QVC or HSN is looking at:

A first of three monthly payments of $250-$275 for the S

A first of three monthly payments of $350-$375 for the X

Unless they have a 5 Easy Pays and free shipping promo, which is still going to be too expensive to justify. I'd much rather buy it outright or use All Access and pay it off soon after.

How is All Access overpaying for anything? It’s retail for the console, and a $20 discount on 24 months of Gamepass Ultimate with 0% financing.
From a CAG point of view, All Access is overpaying.

Series X All Access is $35 x 24mo = $840. The Series X is $500, so you're paying $340 for 2yrs of GPU. Using Xbox Live Gold to GPU $1 conversion and XLG regularly on sale for $50/yr at NewEgg, you could easily get 2yrs of GPU for $101. $340 - $101 = $239 extra you're paying for All Access. Since you get stack up to 3yrs of Gold, you're paying $189 more for 1yr less of GPU.

I get the convenience of All Access though since you don't have to fight bots to get it. Buying a Series X console by itself is near impossible. I was lucky to get one recently after months of hunting, and I'm still struggling to find one for my brother.

bread's done
Back