Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! That’s crazy! I don’t mind waiting since I’m in no rush. I almost grabbed the Series S but I don’t buy digital games.

They have a display Series S and X console at Best Buy. I was really surprised with how small both consoles were, assuming that’s really how they look in person.
Yes both are tidy well made system way nicer made than my ps5 which can sound like a chainsaw at times (mostly when installing games).

I’m still waiting on the console from my Black Friday email bundle purchase to be shipped. Kind of irritating that they are sending out more invites, even though, or maybe even especially because, they are for the LE console
Man, I am not that lucky...

Anyone that bought a Series X bundle from Microsoft…how did they get the game code to you? On the receipt or emailed ? My controller and console shipped but it just shows “refund information” for the game

Got one of the Series X bundles from Gamestop. Are you allowed to return any of the games they bundled with it and get full credit or money back? One of the games was new Call of Duty for $69.99 but they are selling it on Best Buy today for $49.99.

Got one of the Series X bundles from Gamestop. Are you allowed to return any of the games they bundled with it and get full credit or money back?
No, its a bundle. You have to return all or none. You can trade in stuff you don’t want, but will get less than what you paid. YMMV on exchanging for other games. Very unlikely to price match a game that’s included in a bundle.
Honestly, I would rather buy a bundle in store than try to buy online- unless you are willing to wait. Target sells series X in stores. Be prepared to call electronics every morning for 1-2 weeks to get one though.

It has arrived!
e6b79c09e75d2f9b82fca2e0908e9506.jpg

efda7881b0717425c070719a5a86b06e.jpg

b4da21d84a48081af611dd7ae57d4748.jpg

9c5c86b19b27e8df978dbc21399f3b04.jpg

f3a1d4838a93101414d285affbe698e8.jpg

c725a4afecfbf407d22170fd91cd1c28.jpg

21ddadc833d96a1a36ef566648af4059.jpg

3e933aa4c091d1a59f66bdf925329a2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine showed up today too. Now do I get it, or do I swap out my Son’s Series X for his birthday? Yes, we both already have a Series X.

Mine showed up today too. Now do I get it, or do I swap out my Son’s Series X for his birthday? Yes, we both already have a Series X.

The second I got the email from Microsoft offering the Halo Series X bundle I had my original Series X sold. Now I just need to factory reset it!
f13f8f6af712e5b31cb0446c1ede7ecb.jpg

I was torn deciding which one to go with but went with the Mandalorian one. It comes with an Ultimate Game Pass code too! I’m not sure if I’ll be using my Mandalorian controller much so I put the rechargeable battery pack and the back that allows for charging into my 20th anniversary controller and it fits like a glove!

Man that Halo Xbox is beautiful.  Really salty I wasn't able to get one.  Should be thankful to even have a Series X though, so..  I guess I'm good.

:(

When Walmart ships your Xbox, can you change the delivery option to pick it up at the Fed-Ex plant? I know when Sony shipped my PS5 through Fed-Ex, I wasn't able to change when I got it at and it had to be my address. I would much rather go pick it up at the plant than have to deal with having risk missing the truck or the truck driver stealing it. 

Man, really want one of those Halo Series X consoles.  Now I also want one of those $180 Mandalorian controllers that I had no idea existed until now, lol thanks.

Anyone who got a Series X you can add a 3 year extended warranty from Microsoft for $39 right now.  Normally it's $49.  Just go to the Microsoft Complete Protection site and got bottom right to Talk to an expert or you can call 1-877-696-7786 and ask for sales.  You have to do it within 45 days of purchase.  It's worth it since it covers 2 controller replacements and 1 console replacement.  Just some info since I just did it on my Halo edition.  You know how consoles be.

Anyone who got a Series X you can add a 3 year extended warranty from Microsoft for $39 right now. Normally it's $49. Just go to the Microsoft Complete Protection site and got bottom right to Talk to an expert or you can call 1-877-696-7786 and ask for sales. You have to do it within 45 days of purchase. It's worth it since it covers 2 controller replacements and 1 console replacement. Just some info since I just did it on my Halo edition. You know how consoles be.
Can I add this for an XSX I bought from Gamestop or is this only for ones purchased through Microsoft directly?

Can I add this for an XSX I bought from Gamestop or is this only for ones purchased through Microsoft directly?
I bought mine from Gamestop, registered the system on Microsoft's site first, then requested a call back from Microsoft's support line to purchase their complete protection plan for $39.

You can buy it from anywhere as long as it's within 45 days of purchase. Once you register it to your account, you can do it. I bought mine from Microsoft store so they had my order already. I assume they might ask for proof or purchase like a receipt to show the purchase date.

Anyone who got a Series X you can add a 3 year extended warranty from Microsoft for $39 right now. Normally it's $49. Just go to the Microsoft Complete Protection site and got bottom right to Talk to an expert or you can call 1-877-696-7786 and ask for sales. You have to do it within 45 days of purchase. It's worth it since it covers 2 controller replacements and 1 console replacement. Just some info since I just did it on my Halo edition. You know how consoles be.
Took nearly half an hour on the phone but totally worth it to get an additional 2 years of coverage (so three in total) including accidental coverage for $40.

I could have paid with Microsoft account balance but I didn't want to make the rep wait for me to move GameStop credit while I was on the call.

Thanks all for the heads up about Microsoft Complete Protection coverage. I requested a call and within 15 mins had it all purchased and completed for $39.

Copped my Series X in July. Never really know, but that's a good price for warranty protection.

No issues with the XB1 but Series X is a bit buggy on the software side.

Got one of the Series X bundles from Gamestop. Are you allowed to return any of the games they bundled with it and get full credit or money back? One of the games was new Call of Duty for $69.99 but they are selling it on Best Buy today for $49.99.
It's at the discretion of the particular Gamestop. I was able to do it with a PS5 bundle I got (had a headset and extra controller) I was able to return them and exchange them for some PS4/PS5 games.

+1

It's a MS console. I feel a little more comfortable with the extended warranty. coughcoughRRODcough
And original xbox power cable fires (not exactly the cable itself, but if would push the power supply over time away from the connection and causing arcing)/Thompson DVD drive failures. I've had all three of these problems. lol The smoking Xbox from the power cable problem was definitely the most startling.

Best Buy has X-Box Series X for Totaltech members. Got tired of hunting and caved and bought one (with the membership). I've read that folks have had success cancelling their memberships after buying a system. Is this accurate? Thanks!

I honestly wish Best Buy would go out of business. That is appalling for them to do that to their customers.
Nearly every retailer is doing it, maybe the lone exceptions being Microsoft and Target. Walmart, Amazon, Gamestop, etc are guilty of locking consoles behind a membership paywall. What makes Best Buy look like charlatans is the price of the membership.

Best Buy has X-Box Series X for Totaltech members. Got tired of hunting and caved and bought one (with the membership). I've read that folks have had success cancelling their memberships after buying a system. Is this accurate? Thanks!
I've got the membership (gives me a warranty on the phone I got there and the laptop I bought my mom, along with everything else), and had no idea they were doing this. If it were the Infinite bundle, I'd probably do it. I'm admittedly not dying to upgrade from my XB1X enough to grab something that'll be readily available at the same price by the time I really want it.

When will your xbox be ready for pickup? I am still waiting for my xbox from the last drop that was supposed to be ready yesterday.

The second Halo Edition Series X arrived at my buddy's house today! He's ecstatic and I'm stunned that I managed to score 2 of them in 1 day!

My series x ordered on Nov 29 finally got a shipping label printed today. Still says estimated Jan 4 for delivery on Microsoft’s website, but I assume it will be here sooner than that if it actually ships out tomorrow

Best Buy has Series X to order without Totaltech. I cancelled my order from yesterday, and re-ordered. Going to cancel my Totaltech now. Pickup is 1/6 for mine.

Sadly nothing that's even close for me to pick up. Have in my cart but closest is like 200 miles from my home in Salt Lake and where I am at vacation (so I had two diff locations of the states and I still fail. Booo. Congrats to those that got it

I was finally able to purchase a Series X at Best Buy. It won't be ready to pick up until Sunday the 2nd. But I am really happy about it.

I was finally able to purchase a Series X at Best Buy. It won't be ready to pick up until Sunday the 2nd. But I am really happy about it.
I think they were up for at least an hour, longer than any drop I've seen from them thus far without the total tech membership.

Got one from Best Buy today with a pickup for Saturday, so I put in a cancellation request on my Wal-Mart order so I hopefully don't have to deal with doing a return

bread's done
Back