Amazon: Post-Order Price Guarantee Ending 8/31/08

i paid for a $100 product 2 weeks back. the actual total was $110 but amazon had a special code for additonal $10 off. Thus, I paid $100.
However, the current price of the product is $103. But the code is currently not in use. Can I still request $7 credit form amazon since the orginial price was $110 even though I paid only $100?

[quote name='odom4president']i paid for a $100 product 2 weeks back. the actual total was $110 but amazon had a special code for additonal $10 off. Thus, I paid $100.
However, the current price of the product is $103. But the code is currently not in use. Can I still request $7 credit form amazon since the orginial price was $110 even though I paid only $100?[/quote]
You could have requested that $7 back if the item had shipped last month. But the whole policy is gone now.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']You could have requested that $7 back if the item had shipped last month. But the whole policy is gone now.[/quote]
are you sure? someone else told me i can get the $7 since its not sept 30 yet

Thanks for the info!
smiley.gif

Just an FYI,

I just called Amazon to see if I could get an adjustment, since I didn't think my product had shipped yet. Unfortunately, it had entered the shipping stage I guess, but she gave me the adjustment anyway.

But my point is that, she said if within 7 Days of purchase, the product drops 20 dollars or more, they will price adjust. While this isn't the best option, it's still nice to have.

I just called to get my $8 back on my RUNE FACTORY 2 pre-order. The rep I spoke with was very nice. I let them know I hadn't even received the item and they dropped it in price over $8 (1/3 of the total value, almost). I was able to get it fixed (one time only, they said). It was also clarified that once shipped no changes should be made, even on pre-order guarantees.

This also explains why ALL new Pre-Order items ship by Friday, even when you do the free shipping option. Amazon now does price drops on Saturday mornings. Just a FYI for everyone.

On the BUY.COM front, they are generally impossible to deal with about ANYTHING.

Also I was able to contact Amazon Customer service via phone, they credited me back on the Hori DS Lite Stands (i bought 3) and they are really nice about it. So it is worth a shot if there's items that were ordered yesterday that dropped in price today or will drop in price the next couple of days.

I just got a $10 correction to my order for Persona 3 FES w soundtrack CD and artbook. They didn't give me $10 directly back to my account but rather on my next purchase I'll get $10 off automatically. Not what I'd hoped for, maybe I should've pushed harder.

I bought God of War PS2, God of War: CoO for PSP, and Guild Wars: Eye of the North for PC on Friday.

GW:EotN dropped from 9.95 to 4.95 on Saturday. I called them and spoke to a really really nice lady who adjusted the price with no hassle.

Today, GoW dropped from 9.95 to 6.95 and GoW:CoO dropped from 19.95 to 14.95. The first person I spoke to on the phone was really unhelpful, but I had Amazon call me back a few minutes later and got a second person who, after a few minutes, was able to get the price adjustments.

All three aforementioned items also had not shipped yet; they were scheduled to ship like Dec 16 or something...I'd probably be out of luck if the items had already shipped.

If you call and you get an Indian, just hang up. They will only make you mad.
I kept calling until someone Amercian answered, :lol:...but..I was able to get what I needed.

This wasn't bout a price adjustment, though. Just sayin' what's the best thing to do when you call.. :rofl:

[quote name='rpnguyen']All three aforementioned items also had not shipped yet; they were scheduled to ship like Dec 16 or something...I'd probably be out of luck if the items had already shipped.[/quote]
Probably the CSR just cancelled your existing order and made a brand new order at the lower price points. You could have done that yourself, it's not really the same thing as getting a price adjustment after something has shipped.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Probably the CSR just cancelled your existing order and made a brand new order at the lower price points. You could have done that yourself, it's not really the same thing as getting a price adjustment after something has shipped.[/quote]

It's a little more complicated than that because I got L4D, GW:EotN, GoW, and GoW:CoO in the same order, and I want the free super saver shipping. I couldn't cancel L4D and GW:EotN because the current price for those two is higher than what they were when I ordered, so if I were to make a new order with those two games, I wouldn't get the good prices. The two GoW games together don't come to $25 so I couldn't just make a new order with those two and still get free shipping. And, you can't combine orders that use the free shipping.

Yeah, I checked this all out before putting myself through the pain of dealing with CS...:cool:

At least it was adjusted no matter the method. I got screwed over on the COO drop to 14.95. It's ridiculous how Amazon has become so consumer unfriendly. The game was kicked into "shipping soon" very quickly with a long ass several days out est. ship date — which conveniently meant locking out of any refunds and cancellations. I asked, they said no and recited their BS policy. May as well call themselves an auction site. You bid, you pay. No adjustments.

They used to be my goto place too. No more. Still bitter about it. fuck you Amazon.

[quote name='rpnguyen']It's a little more complicated than that because I got L4D, GW:EotN, GoW, and GoW:CoO in the same order, and I want the free super saver shipping. I couldn't cancel L4D and GW:EotN because the current price for those two is higher than what they were when I ordered, so if I were to make a new order with those two games, I wouldn't get the good prices. The two GoW games together don't come to $25 so I couldn't just make a new order with those two and still get free shipping. And, you can't combine orders that use the free shipping.

Yeah, I checked this all out before putting myself through the pain of dealing with CS...:cool:[/quote]
If your order hadn't gone into shipping soon, you could have called Amazon and had them add the new items (by their ASIN #) to your order. Then immediately cancel any items that you no longer want yourself online.

Ugh. Don't even remind me about that. This whole shopping thing has been a nightmare. I actually did do what you had in mind on an earlier order before it went into shipping and they managed to mess that up too. We're talking 2009 arrival territory when it was early Dec. before they kindly added the item.

I wasn't going to go through that crap again and was quick enough to cancel a third order after prices dropped by half on those accessories. My heart was racing as I scrambled to add the same items to the cart in one window for the new order, and clicked the cancellation page in another within seconds of each other.

[quote name='Hibiwa']The game was kicked into "shipping soon" very quickly with a long ass several days out est. ship date — which conveniently meant locking out of any refunds and cancellations.[/quote]

I noticed that as well... I tried to cancel a game order that was open for a few days and when they lowered the price I couldn't cancel because it was "shipping soon".

[quote name='crewj']I noticed that as well... I tried to cancel a game order that was open for a few days and when they lowered the price I couldn't cancel because it was "shipping soon".
caguk.smile.gif
[/quote]
Burn, just too late. :\

I called in a few times, and Amazon just sent me a few coupons with the amount of the price drop in difference. Also, emailed a few private vendors a few times, and they also matched.

bread's done
Back