xbox360 headset $9.99 on buy.com

Mine just broke yesterday. Thinking about a replacement but I'm still not sure if I want to go super cheap or splurge. Might as well grab this since 10 bucks won't hurt too bad even if I decide to get a better one.

My friends and I each bought one last time it was around this pricepoint; personally I thought the sound quality and transmission was much more reliable than the normal headsets, but there are a few things to keep in mind:

1. The tension on your head may be a bit bothersome after a while. The headband is pretty thick and will be pressing quite a bit. I know it sounds dumb, but after a while you'll notice. The earpiece is also over-the-ear, so it might get hot if you wear it for a long time.

2. These headsets are absolutely notorious for having the audio cable break at some point. Of my group of 4 friends, 3 of the cables have broken so far, leading to spotty transmission and hearing. These cables are also not the kind that are easy to just buy a replacement for, and Motorola no longer offers support.

3. They tend to drain your controller battery faster, since they use more power (I assume this is why they're better at transmitting reliably and having better volume range than the stock headset).

4. The module that connects the headset to the controller has a tendency to fall out more than with the stock headset, due to the shape. A minor thing.

For 10 bucks it could be worth it as long as you know what to expect. I still use mine from time to time, until my cord gives out.

These fuckers are so tight on your head, the sound and everything is just fine. They are just really tight, I get a headache after wearing them for 1/2 hour or so.

[quote name='guinaevere']This thing looks huge. Judging on size alone, it looks bulky and uncomfortable.[/QUOTE]

That's what she said...

I found the tension on this to be a bit rough - basically if you have a cap size 7 1/4 or larger I think you will find this tough to use for more then 30 minutes at a time. But for $10 it is pretty low risk although that being said I would spend $10 on a new one since I've tried it in the past and it was too tight for me.

bread's done
Back