Xbox360/PS3 games B1G1 ($39.99 and under) at Meijer B&M 2 day sale

RatATatTatt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Meijer is supposed to be having a 2 day sale this Wednesday-Thursday (Dec. 5-6) in which they will be having a deal on Playstation 3 games: buy any game [$39.99 or under] get any game of equal/lesser value free. I unfortunately do not have a scan of the ad but it should be up on the site tomorrow. I'll post it here in the topic once I obtain it.

Definitely a good chance for myself, as well as many others, to bulk up on the PS3 collection. :applause:

UPDATE (12/2 3:43 PM EST): It's Sunday now and the 2 day sale ad has not been posted. I may head down there shortly to see if I can snag a copy, otherwise I should definitely have one tomorrow.

As many have stated, this will likely end up having a price restriction on it. I heard about this sale from someone who works there but they may have not read the ad thoroughly. Although this individual insists that it does not specify any type of price restriction. And as has also been stated, this is supposed to include 360 games as well. This is also an in-store only deal as far as I know.

I'll update again soon, hopefully with confirmation. However, Meijer likes to slack with these types of sale ads. They may not have it out until as late as Tuesday.

UPDATE (12/3 3:10 PM EST): Well I got ahold of the ad paper, and to all of our disappointment, there is in fact a price restriction. That being $39.99 and under. Also, it is in fact PS3 as well as Xbox 360. Scan is below.

Someone had mentioned a Meijer allowing them to break a previous price restriction on the Wii deal, getting one full price game and one free game priced at $29.99 or under. So that is a possibility if, for example, your Meijer has a low stock of sub-$39.99 games.

For those looking to score this deal online, there has been no indication of this being online! Meijer B&M and online are different entities, and so this will likely be in-store only.

Sale starts at 6 a.m. Wednesday!

meijerad.jpg

man, wish Meijer was in my state.......... I guess it's either you have Fry's or Meijer's in your area but not both

That's a tough call

Hopefully they have their "glitch" fixed. My online order for B1G1 Wii games last week was canceled and they had the courtesy to email me after the sale was over that they made a mistake.

[quote name='bmulligan']Hopefully they have their "glitch" fixed. My online order for B1G1 Wii games last week was canceled and they had the courtesy to email me after the sale was over that they made a mistake.[/quote]Damn, they put sales like this online? :whistle2:s

Would be nice if they didn't screw it up, though your post above makes me think otherwise.

My order was cancelled as well but my order was buy 0 get 1 free (all I paid was $4.99 shipping) so I was expecting that.

I hope the PS3 sale is online and is legit this time.

Going to get two 59.99 games.. keep em saled. Meijers 45 return day policy.

Gonna just swap it out next week for unreal tournament 3 at midnight on the 11th.. save the other for another time.

as far as I know, x360 games will be included in this sale!

My guess is after the wii debalacle, it will not be online...

[quote name='bostonfrontier']man, wish Meijer was in my state.......... I guess it's either you have Fry's or Meijer's in your area but not both

That's a tough call[/quote]

Hey, count yourself lucky if you have either of these chains to go for with deals. Where I'm at we have neither. And where I grew up you are relegated to Wal-Mart without a hefty drive.....

But yeah, I also wish there was one of these stores near me...then I would definitely do this deal (Probably w/ Eye of Judgment and Time Crisis 4).

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Going to get two 59.99 games.. keep em saled. Meijers 45 return day policy.

Gonna just swap it out next week for unreal tournament 3 at midnight on the 11th.. save the other for another time.[/QUOTE]

good luck on that, meijer is horrible at getting games day of release, it seems like it is always a day or two after anytime I deal with them.... wally world on a no receipt return would work and they have games day of at midnight most often... good luck on that though!

[quote name='jennie25']good luck on that, meijer is horrible at getting games day of release, it seems like it is always a day or two after anytime I deal with them.... wally world on a no receipt return would work and they have games day of at midnight most often... good luck on that though![/quote]

The one by me is actually pretty good at getting things on time.. hopefully theyll have it, since its gone gold they should have it already, ill just check around 1am. if they dont have it, i can wait a day :)

Keep in mind--some Meijer deals are for certain Meijer stores/geographic areas only. Here's hoping this one is in my area.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']man, wish Meijer was in my state.......... I guess it's either you have Fry's or Meijer's in your area but not both

That's a tough call[/quote]

Not tough . . . We have neither in NJ/NY!:bomb:

I have never even heard of this store, hell I never heard of Frys till I came on this forum. If this deal goes online and does include 360 I will be in.

[quote name='quest1962']Not tough . . . We have neither in NJ/NY!:bomb:[/quote]
I was about to check for a store locator but it looks like you answered my question.

Sucks...crossing my fingers that it pops up on their website.

That's a tough call[/QUOTE]

frys - downers grove illinois
meijers - bloomingdale illinois
so i have them both

Both Meijer Ads are now up, and make NO mention of B1G1 in any form on any Video Games, maybe another flyer will come later in the week though?

Meijer just did this with Wii games. The ad came up midweek since it was only a 2day sale. They restricted it to Wii games that were 29.99 or less. I imagine they will have a similar restriction if this is true.

[quote name='anch']Time Crisis 4 can come with 2 guns and 2 games??[/quote]

If Meijer was in my state, that would definitely be my plan of action

[quote name='jennie25']good luck on that, meijer is horrible at getting games day of release, it seems like it is always a day or two after anytime I deal with them.... wally world on a no receipt return would work and they have games day of at midnight most often... good luck on that though![/quote]

It all depends on Location, Location, Location...

When I am at home (Grand Rap., MI area) I have no problem, but that is more than likely due to the fact that the headquarters and warehouse are located in GR (Walker to be specific).

But then again even when I am at school in Midland, MI I am still pretty lucky to get on release.

[quote name='kfrancia']frys - downers grove illinois
so i have them both[/quote]

I was just thinking about that, my uncle used to live in Downers and I thought I remember there being a Fry's.

[quote name='kfrancia']frys - downers grove illinois
so i have them both[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, weird since no one really lives in Illinois

[quote name='drfunk85']Meijer just did this with Wii games. The ad came up midweek since it was only a 2day sale. They restricted it to Wii games that were 29.99 or less. I imagine they will have a similar restriction if this is true.[/QUOTE]

Well, the only thing is how many PS3 games go for less then $29.99? That would truly suck if they did it this way but for 360 on the other hand it wouldn't be so bad.

[quote name='MrDubbs']Both Meijer Ads are now up, and make NO mention of B1G1 in any form on any Video Games, maybe another flyer will come later in the week though?[/QUOTE]

Normally, they keep things like this in a circular in-store because of it being a mid-week sale.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Just so everyone knows, Meijer is based in Mich, and only has stores in Mich, Ohio, Ky, Ill., Ind.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, darn you midwesterners and all the perks of your life.

That's a tough call[/QUOTE]

Yea Indianapolis! The Fry's store is literally two blocks away from a Meijer.

I do my grocery shopping at Meijer.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Just so everyone knows, Meijer is based in Mich, and only has stores in Mich, Ohio, Ky, Ill., Ind.[/quote]Nearest ones to MO that I know of are in Champaign-Urbana, so unless they put this sale online, it's a bust for me.

[quote name='drfunk85']Meijer just did this with Wii games. The ad came up midweek since it was only a 2day sale. They restricted it to Wii games that were 29.99 or less. I imagine they will have a similar restriction if this is true.[/quote]

Meijer probably only has 6 or 7 PS3 games that are $30 or less. Hopefully they'll make the restriction $60. I really doubt there will be no restriction, but if there is, I would definetly buy 2 GH3s and sell one of them so I could get it for like $20.

What they were doing at one of the Meijer stores I went to for the Wii sale was you could buy any Wii game $29.99 and higher to get the free $29.99 game (since people were having trouble finding two different games to buy that were only $29.99).

Sweet, I could now get guitar hero 3 and then get another one for free! I'll just sell it on ebay and basically I got guitar hero 3 for like 20 bucks or less. It's that or I'll just get guitar hero 3 and then get free nba 2k8

Don't get your hopes up yet on this deal, I really doubt it will have no restrictions. Meijer's done this before but only on the Wii 29.99 and before with the 19.99 games. For them to do this w/ no restrictions would be suicide for their bottom line.

If it's too good to be true, it normally is. I truly hope it is as I live in louisville and have easy access to at least 4 meijers, but I'm not holding my breath.

[quote name='Emowii']I live 10 minutes from a Meijer here in Illinois. :)[/quote] Yeah, we've got one here (Normal IL), And back at the U of I in Champaign-Urbana, they are getting a second full Meijer, which is kind of crazy.

It's nice having a decent choice besides freaking Wal-Mart.

Damn, I live in NY and I have a PS3 and my only games are Enchanted Arms and Genji: Days of the Blade since I bought them for $19.99 and $14.99, respectively. I NEED this deal!! Please be online, please be online...

[quote name='seanmcc']Yeah, we've got one here (Normal IL), And back at the U of I in Champaign-Urbana, they are getting a second full Meijer, which is kind of crazy.

It's nice having a decent choice besides freaking Wal-Mart.[/quote]

Yeah but the Champaign Meijer is basically going to hell. The Urbana one is going to be a new hope. Essentially like this, what if a Meijer store wasn't being shitily ran by Susan? Oh damn, did I just publically embarass someone? Well, maybe she already knows why all her decent managers are wanting tranfers to the Urbana store, out from underneath her.

[quote name='Dhuck']Theres only 5 states that have this store. :cry:[/quote]

Well, for good reason. Wal-mart is a publically traded store. As is Target and many others. Meijer's is owned only by the Meijer family. Essentially it's like this, new stores they build are purchased through profits and likewise, their growth is much mroe limited because of it. Meijer as a store was the chain that invented the super store format where GM and Grocery could meet. But because they never took themselves out of being a private organization, it allowed competitors to essentially steal and market their groundbreaking format unchecked. If they became publically traded, they could easily match Wal-mart for stores built and growth. But they won't.

I used to work at Meijer. Frankly, I still shop there. No other previous job keeps my business after I've moved on. Their produce is top knotch and the price of items is often comparable to Wal-mart. But to top it all off, they always make sure a community WANTS one of their stores before they enter a region. We have one Meijer, 3 wal-marts. All three wal-marts look trashy and the people there are complete dicks. Target's cool but the only other place I shop for groceries is the County Market out on Duncan because they have a large variety of asian food and even decent sushi...

bread's done
Back