Xbox360/PS3 games B1G1 ($39.99 and under) at Meijer B&M 2 day sale

RatATatTatt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Meijer is supposed to be having a 2 day sale this Wednesday-Thursday (Dec. 5-6) in which they will be having a deal on Playstation 3 games: buy any game [$39.99 or under] get any game of equal/lesser value free. I unfortunately do not have a scan of the ad but it should be up on the site tomorrow. I'll post it here in the topic once I obtain it.

Definitely a good chance for myself, as well as many others, to bulk up on the PS3 collection. :applause:

UPDATE (12/2 3:43 PM EST): It's Sunday now and the 2 day sale ad has not been posted. I may head down there shortly to see if I can snag a copy, otherwise I should definitely have one tomorrow.

As many have stated, this will likely end up having a price restriction on it. I heard about this sale from someone who works there but they may have not read the ad thoroughly. Although this individual insists that it does not specify any type of price restriction. And as has also been stated, this is supposed to include 360 games as well. This is also an in-store only deal as far as I know.

I'll update again soon, hopefully with confirmation. However, Meijer likes to slack with these types of sale ads. They may not have it out until as late as Tuesday.

UPDATE (12/3 3:10 PM EST): Well I got ahold of the ad paper, and to all of our disappointment, there is in fact a price restriction. That being $39.99 and under. Also, it is in fact PS3 as well as Xbox 360. Scan is below.

Someone had mentioned a Meijer allowing them to break a previous price restriction on the Wii deal, getting one full price game and one free game priced at $29.99 or under. So that is a possibility if, for example, your Meijer has a low stock of sub-$39.99 games.

For those looking to score this deal online, there has been no indication of this being online! Meijer B&M and online are different entities, and so this will likely be in-store only.

Sale starts at 6 a.m. Wednesday!

meijerad.jpg

I agree completely with you, Sheppy. I live in Grand Rapids, MI - the home of Meijer - and have always found their stores top notch. I sincerely hope this deal pans out, as I live within 10 minutes of 3 Meijer stores, one of which is about three blocks away. I want Warhawk.

[quote name='stimutax']I agree completely with you, Sheppy. I live in Grand Rapids, MI - the home of Meijer - and have always found their stores top notch. I sincerely hope this deal pans out, as I live within 10 minutes of 3 Meijer stores, one of which is about three blocks away. I want Warhawk.[/quote]

You must be really close to the Alpine, Standale, and Plainfield trifecta.

[quote name='drfunk85']Meijer just did this with Wii games. The ad came up midweek since it was only a 2day sale. They restricted it to Wii games that were 29.99 or less. I imagine they will have a similar restriction if this is true.[/quote]

I bet price doesn't matter. I go to Meijer all the time and the one near me struggles to reduce PS3 related stock. This sale is probably both an effort to trim the PS3 stuff they always order way too much of and to liquidate merchandise to avoid paying taxes on all the PS3 stuff they can't offload at the same pace as the Wii and 360 stuff.

[quote name='mvp828']You must be really close to the Alpine, Standale, and Plainfield trifecta.[/quote]

Ha, bingo. I'm a student out at Grand Valley. You live nearby?

[quote name='seanmcc']Yeah, we've got one here (Normal IL), And back at the U of I in Champaign-Urbana, they are getting a second full Meijer, which is kind of crazy.

It's nice having a decent choice besides freaking Wal-Mart.[/quote]

Where is the new one at? Urbana? Is it going in close to the WalMart in Urbana?

I actually don't mind the Walmarts down here in C-U. Mainly because they are new, and seem to be run alright. They don't look super trashy when you go in, at least not yet. Back home, in the suburbs, I have a Walmart but it is super trashy. I also have two Meijers in town and a couple other ones within a decent driving distance. Meijer is by far better.

Over the summer before last I worked for a company that did work for Meijer. I had the opportunity to drive around to almost every Meijer in Illinois (all the upstate ones at least). They were all usually very well run. A couple of the stores had dick managers that didn't know how to treat some people right, but the stores at least always looked clean and presentable.

As it has been mentioned, they have very good produce. Their prices on everything are comparable to Walmart. Their electronics section isn't usually very great, and they don't often have that good of deals on video games, but occasionally you get something decent. I am extremely glad they entered the Chicago market. I think it was only about 10 years ago that they did.

I will be hitting Meijer up before work when the sale is supposed to start.

I have been a die hard Meijer supporter since I was 8. Whenever I could afford one, they always had the newer hard to find Ninja Turtle figures. It was a blessing that they opened one in Bloomington, IL since they only have a couple in IL and I chose to stay here after college.

Hope to pick up uncharted and ratchet! :bouncy:

I've found that Meijer seems to be between the dump that is Wal-Mart and the nice clean feel that is Target.

...and Meijer brand milk is disgusting.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Hmmm, weird since no one really lives in Illinois[/quote]

Strange, I guess no one lives in the 5th most populated state. Chicago is the 3rd most populated city in America, you know. In fact, Illinois has almost exactly twice the population of Massachusetts, which I'm guessing is where you are from.

All you people living in Illinois (I do when I'm not working in Japan), give me a virtual high five. God, I can't believe I let me friend borrow my PS3,...I'm so lonely.:cry:

[quote name='stimutax']Ha, bingo. I'm a student out at Grand Valley. You live nearby?[/quote]

Grew up and live about 5 mins from Grand Valley (Marne area) when I am not at school.

[quote name='sheppyboy2000'] Target's cool but the only other place I shop for groceries is the County Market out on Duncan because they have a large variety of asian food and even decent sushi...[/quote]

Damn, small world!

I used to work in the deli @ the Duncan rd. County Market, lol.

I dated a girl who went to UIUC for a few years, trips to Meijer were always fun since we haven't had a store like that out in LA since Gemco closed ages ago..

I have a friend who still works at Meijer. I fired off an email today to him for confirmation. Once I know, I'll update everyone.

Hmmm, this is tempting...hope they have it.

Probably get Drake and something else....flip the something else to offset my cost.

Man, with the price restriction I guess I'm out.

I had Stranglehold, Flatout, Uncharted and Heavenly Sword on my list. None of which qualify. I guess you could try it anyway.

Wow. With that price restriction there is nothing worth getting at the sub $40 price range. So I'm out.

I guess it might not be too bad a deal for some older 360 games though.

bah, no Folklore!

I would pick up VF5, but I just won it last night on ebay for $18.50 :D

*oh, and to whoever asked, the Urbana Meijer is going to be at Windsor & Philo, SW Urbaba.

$39.99 or less? On the PS3, at least, there aren't any games worth getting for that price. Wow, now thanks to Meijer's sale, I can get TWO crappy games for the price of one! No thanks, Meijer!

[quote name='jkircos']Could you price match CoD 4 and then try the deal?[/QUOTE]

That was my first thought too. I'm guessing no, but their price match policy isn't online, so it's hard to say for sure.

They at least should have made it buy any game $40 or more and get any game $40 or less free. The only $40 or less game that I really want is Stuntman Ignition. The Ridge Racer 7 demo was fun, but I'm not a huge racing game fan.

Darn, I was really starting to look forward to Heavenly Sword. Oh, well. On the other hand, saves me money. Thanks anyway, OP.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Going to get two 59.99 games.. keep em saled. Meijers 45 return day policy.

Gonna just swap it out next week for unreal tournament 3 at midnight on the 11th.. save the other for another time.[/quote]

I thought it was games only $39.99 and below? Correct me if i am wrong, thanks.

[quote name='artadams']actually the "home" of meijer is greenville, mi[/quote]

Home meaning that's where it was started, but now the only thing Greenville is home to is unemployed and just flat out trash.

A bad deal if anybody's Meijer is like the one closest to me. For one, there isn't squat worth buying on the PS3 under $40, and any Xbox games at $40 don't really get carried. I keep checking and finally realized they don't plan on restocking Rainbow Six Vegas.

[quote name='NoZoL']I thought it was games only $39.99 and below? Correct me if i am wrong, thanks.[/quote]

I wish I could load up imageshack, but the site is being hella slow.

Like you. Note when I made that post. Then note page four when I said

"This is crap, 39.99 games are no thanks" Pass.

GG -_-V

$39.99 or less........ They really need to include DS games in this!

Queue the whomp whomp whomp disappointment sound. :roll:

bread's done
Back