Xenoblade Chronicles

[quote name='neonglow']How likely do you guys think they will reprint this game? It's in high demand and compatible with the Wii U.[/QUOTE]

Considering that Nintendo didn't even want to bring it here in the first place and was a huge pain in the ass about it, I don't know.

Rumor has it that Gamespot actually really pushed for it and may have thrown in some money to get it here too. OTOH it obviously sold well for them so they may have motivation for a reprint.

I don't know that Nintendo is going to care that much about wanting to push Wii 1.0 games at this point though and they are still the US publisher for it.

[quote name='neonglow']How likely do you guys think they will reprint this game? It's in high demand and compatible with the Wii U.[/QUOTE]

I think it's more likely we'll see a eShop release of it.

Originally gamers were literally begging Nintendo to bring the game to the U.S.. During that time Nintendo stated that their primary concern was that there wouldn't be enough demand to justify the cost of localization.

Now that the game's been released it's obvious that the demand is there. It'd be shocking if Nintendo didn't take advantage of the situation and reprint the game. Otherwise they'd be walking away and leaving money on the table.

[quote name='Thrinn']Originally gamers were literally begging Nintendo to bring the game to the U.S.. During that time Nintendo stated that their primary concern was that there wouldn't be enough demand to justify the cost of localization.

Now that the game's been released it's obvious that the demand is there. It'd be shocking if Nintendo didn't take advantage of the situation and reprint the game. Otherwise they'd be walking away and leaving money on the table.[/QUOTE]
I was surprised by the previous poster's reasoning too. It's already been localized so now all they need to do is print them.

But a re-print shows that Nintendo was wrong. I don't see them "admitting" that. Plus, didn't they already announce no more Wii releases? I think they should make this into an HD release for WiiU... maybe even with a Pandora's Tower announcement.

[quote name='soonersfan60']But a re-print shows that Nintendo was wrong. I don't see them "admitting" that. Plus, didn't they already announce no more Wii releases? I think they should make this into an HD release for WiiU... maybe even with a Pandora's Tower announcement.[/QUOTE]

No more Wii releases...does that really mean no more reprints or just no more new releases? I doubt Nintendo remasters anything. Look at their download games.

[quote name='Thrinn']Originally gamers were literally begging Nintendo to bring the game to the U.S.. During that time Nintendo stated that their primary concern was that there wouldn't be enough demand to justify the cost of localization.

Now that the game's been released it's obvious that the demand is there. It'd be shocking if Nintendo didn't take advantage of the situation and reprint the game. Otherwise they'd be walking away and leaving money on the table.[/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure the demand is there. The demand is there right now because, like most things, it's hard to find. If there were tons of these on the shelves at $50, they'd all be sitting there and we'd be waiting for it to be $15.

[quote name='soonersfan60']But a re-print shows that Nintendo was wrong. I don't see them "admitting" that. Plus, didn't they already announce no more Wii releases? I think they should make this into an HD release for WiiU... maybe even with a Pandora's Tower announcement.[/QUOTE]

Had pride been an issue they wouldn't have released it here after initially passing on it. Perhaps they're moving on from producing new Wii titles, but the only real cost involved with Xenoblade are minimal since the game is already done: primarily printing and shipping costs. Doing a remake would be exponentially more expensive and the only real gain would be the ability to sell a $50 game for $60.

[quote name='Thrinn']Had pride been an issue they wouldn't have released it here after initially passing on it. Perhaps they're moving on from producing new Wii titles, but the only real cost involved with Xenoblade are minimal since the game is already done: primarily printing and shipping costs. Doing a remake would be exponentially more expensive and the only real gain would be the ability to sell a $50 game for $60.[/QUOTE]

I think there's a chance they do a limited reprint but I doubt it would be huge. Maybe 1 or 2 copies per GS store and a couple thousand to the GS site. I'd guess a reprint would be maybe 20,000 more copies at most and I don't think there would be any chance of a third printing so a limited reprint wouldn't really bring down resell value for long.

edit: Just looked it up, there's around 6k GS stores so if they sent 1 or 2 to each GS + several thousand to the website there would be a reprint in the neighborhood of 10-15k.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I'm not so sure the demand is there. The demand is there right now because, like most things, it's hard to find. If there were tons of these on the shelves at $50, they'd all be sitting there and we'd be waiting for it to be $15.[/QUOTE]

perhaps but i am sure enough people would of bought this had it

1. had more copies printed
2. been advertised

but nintendo refuses to do any of the above for the most part if it isnt mario or zelda.

not to mention nintendo games have a tendency to not drop in price like ever.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I'm not so sure the demand is there. The demand is there right now because, like most things, it's hard to find. If there were tons of these on the shelves at $50, they'd all be sitting there and we'd be waiting for it to be $15.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Like most people in this thread has said... lots of Gamestops have this in stock. Check your store locator, and you'll probably see the same thing. The game isn't flying off the shelves, and new copies are not sold out. However, it's rare to find sealed ones, which is what the more collector-y people want. That means nothing for sales and for Nintendo, however.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Exactly. Like most people in this thread has said... lots of Gamestops have this in stock. Check your store locator, and you'll probably see the same thing. The game isn't flying off the shelves, and new copies are not sold out.[/QUOTE]I live near Chicago. There is certainly no shortage of Gamestop stores around here. Having checked the store locator there appears to be three stores listed as having a "low stock" of new copies within a 70 mile radius, the closest being over 40 miles away. Used copies are only available at two stores in a 100 miles radius. I knew the game was scarce, but I didn't think it was that rare. I'll have to stop by a store or two and see what they've actually got because that doesn't sound right.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I think it's more likely we'll see a eShop release of it.[/QUOTE]

I don't know - the amount of effort it'd take to reformat it for Wii U eShop might be more than GS calling in another print order. You may be right, but they're both unlikely.

Great game, though. Easily top 5 Wii games.

What is supposed to come with a new copy? Case/manual and that's it? Or were there other items included such as an art book or something?

[quote name='Caspel']What is supposed to come with a new copy? Case/manual and that's it? Or were there other items included such as an art book or something?[/QUOTE]

Art book and sound track with first print run. You can still find those for 39.99 at some best buy's. the reprints are on amazon without the extras for 29.99.

[quote name='Blaster man']Art book and sound track with first print run. You can still find those for 39.99 at some best buy's. the reprints are on amazon without the extras for 29.99.[/QUOTE]

For Xenoblade Chronicles?

[quote name='Caspel']For Xenoblade Chronicles?[/QUOTE]

He's talking about The Last Story, because people before him were talking about it.

For Xenoblade, there was a pre-order artbook but that's it. New copies are just like any other game.

[quote name='Vinny']He's talking about The Last Story, because people before him were talking about it.

For Xenoblade, there was a pre-order artbook but that's it. New copies are just like any other game.[/QUOTE]

Also, it's $50. GS won't be making any discounts now that its damn near sold out.

[quote name='Blaster man']This got me thinking about TLS. Looked on eBay. Found this, look at the last picture...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Last-St...5257?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item27ceced229[/QUOTE]

Not game related but this is even better. Look at the left side of the picture. *edit - link taken off*

Nevermind, the picture was taken off ebay. It was some lady selling dresses and when she took the picture, she was in the mirror next to the dress bottomless. lol

So I got my used copy from GS and... wouldn't you know it, disc only. I figured I would get the case and manual given that it's a current gen game but nope.

I'm now certain that GS probably has stores send in copies of games just as discs and have the store throw out the case and manual.

If someone camped outside Gamestop and waited for their trash pickup, and then followed it to the dump, I bet you'd find all sorts of goodies in there.

Well at least for today GameStop is ok in my book. Just received a complete, near mint condition of Metroid prime trilogy that I ordered when it was available for a brief moment last week.

Received my opened "new" copy with stickers all over it, the fuckers.

I just love that my packing receipt say you can only return new unopened copies of games. I pray that nothing exclusive ever comes to these bastards again so I never spend another dime there. The quicker they go under the better. Heinous business practices this shitty company has.

You can returned that copy if you want. A friend of mine returned gutted copies to his Gamestop multiple times. I've heard some people say they got a hard time trying, but it isn't your fault. You ordered a new game, you received an opened game. If they deny you, tell them you want to talk to the district manager. If he denies you, tell them you will be filing a lawsuit. They will buckle eventually.

Even if they think you are lying, returning one game with a receipt that proves you purchased mere days ago is not a big enough deal to let the matter escalate for them. Ultimately it isn't worth it on their end.

[quote name='Malarkschwag']Received my opened "new" copy with stickers all over it, the fuckers.

I just love that my packing receipt say you can only return new unopened copies of games. I pray that nothing exclusive ever comes to these bastards again so I never spend another dime there. The quicker they go under the better. Heinous business practices this shitty company has.[/QUOTE]Ugh... Now I'm expecting the worse for my two copies. Did your copies ship from TN?

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Ugh... Now I'm expecting the worse for my two copies. Did your copies ship from TN?[/QUOTE]

You still didn't get it? As long as the disc is mint, and all inserts are there I don't see the issue. You can always pay $90+ on eBay or drive around.

Best game I've played in a while, RPG wise. Witcher 2 was awesome, but that was more realistic and adventure.

[quote name='Vinny']So I got my used copy from GS and... wouldn't you know it, disc only. I figured I would get the case and manual given that it's a current gen game but nope.

I'm now certain that GS probably has stores send in copies of games just as discs and have the store throw out the case and manual.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Disc is pristine. I'm still happy with it for $36.XX

Got lucky today. Picked my used copy for $34.xx. It came complete with case and manual. The disc appeared to be in mint condition and it even had an unused club Nintendo card.

After putting in 10 hours these past few days I can tell you this is worth every penny and gets better every time I play.

If this game would have been called FFXIII, we would have been calling it among the all time greats. I just can't help but feel there are millions out there who will never get to experience it or even know it exists.

There isn't a GS within 100 miles that has this...new or used. I own a sealed copy, but I'm going to hold onto it and buy another to play.

I'll be watching at my work for a non-gutted copy, but as many people have said we only get one at a time.

I have chances to catch it in the 'gut drawer' and buy it while sealed, but it is a matter of luck.

Got my 2 new copies a couple days ago

New = Gutted

Both copies came with the original box and manuals with the disc inside an envelope stating it was "New"

The discs looked pretty much new though. Didn't see a scratch or fingerprint.

Lesson learned when it comes to buying rare games from GS

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Got my 2 new copies a couple days ago

New = Gutted

Both copies came with the original box and manuals with the disc inside an envelope stating it was "New"

The discs looked pretty much new though. Didn't see a scratch or fingerprint.

Lesson learned when it comes to buying rare games from GS[/QUOTE]

Complete copies are going for way more than GS's price for new. But I'll buy one off of you if you wanna sell for cost + shipping + a bit extra.:p

I got a copy from a local shop for $36.XX via their online site, so hopefully it's in good shape! The store requires the case/manual for trade-ins too which is nice, so I'm pretty stoked to finally own a copy.

[quote name='nnthomas']Shame it's taken the allure of "rarity" for you all to enjoy this gem.[/QUOTE]

Otherwise we could all wait and get it for $10-20 down the road. I guess that was off the table when it was a GameStop exclusive though.

I can't believe what this game is going for. I'm just going to hold onto my copy. Originally I was going to play it and sell it to get my money back. At this rate it's going to be worth it's weigt in trillion dollar coins.

[quote name='nnthomas']Shame it's taken the allure of "rarity" for you all to enjoy this gem.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall anyone saying this. Or implying it.

Not me, I bought this game 4 times now:
1st: imported the PAL special edition bundle with the controller.
2nd: imported the standard copy of the PAL version (to play).
3rd: day one purchase of the US release.
4th: disc only used copy (this one probably doesn't count because it's used but since GS brought this over, I don't feel about giving them money).

[quote name='Green Card200']Otherwise we could all wait and get it for $10-20 down the road. I guess that was off the table when it was a GameStop exclusive though.[/QUOTE]

I think the only GS exclusive I've seen cheaper than their MSRP are Chaos Wars (this dropped to like $10) and the Ninja Gaiden III CE (or at least, I believe the CE was exclusive to GS).

[quote name='JCrichton']I don't recall anyone saying this. Or implying it.[/QUOTE]

What he's implying is that a number of people wanted to wait until this game became cheaper in order to get it but that's unlikely now so they're scouring to get it while they can.

[quote name='gmsick']to build a world around a story and then completely throw everything away in the last 10 mins makes no sense to me. im glad some got enjoyment out of the ending. i just didn't. i felt like i played 80 hours for nothing. givin it was a fun 80 hours.[/QUOTE]

Why would you give any information at all about the ending of this game in a thread which caters to people who haven't bought the game? I mean seriously...

[quote name='Malarkschwag']Received my opened "new" copy with stickers all over it, the fuckers.

I just love that my packing receipt say you can only return new unopened copies of games. I pray that nothing exclusive ever comes to these bastards again so I never spend another dime there. The quicker they go under the better. Heinous business practices this shitty company has.[/QUOTE]

I sent it back to gamestop on my coin (paypal shipping tracking # 1.81)
They sold it to me new, it was gutted the bottom of the white wii case was black from dirt. The outside case had like pin holes in it and stickers all over. I didnt look at the disc just returned it said i ordered new and this was obviously used or used condition. Got my refund took about 10 days though. Good luck if you return it.

bread's done
Back