XONE - Killer Instict - F2P Character Rotation Each Month - Fulgore 4/9!

I'm debating if I'm going for the $20 or $40 version.  $20 isn't bad for early access to everything and classic KI (w/ achievements).  And it's not like I need that $20 for Crimson Dragon after the horrid reviews that thing got. 

Holy crap this game is fun, even though i'm mainly button mashing.  Thinking about getting the full game now.

EDIT: Anyone know if the Pin Edition is still available at B&M MS Store?  I see its sold out online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone use the KI TE2 yet?  Is it even available yet, I see amazon has it shipping mid December and the Madcatz website is sold out.  Last night I had the urge to buy one, even though the standard controller isn't that bad.  Still....$200 is pricey for me.

Holy crap this game is fun, even though i'm mainly button mashing. Thinking about getting the full game now.

EDIT: Anyone know if the Pin Edition is still available at B&M MS Store? I see its sold out online.
If you have any interest in the original arcade game, the Ultimate Edition seems like a good value. That is what I picked up.

My XBone showed up today and the games tomorrow, and I am still sitting on like $150 space bucks I opted for the Ultra edition so i could play something tonight. 

Anyone get the XBOX ONE Day One edition XBOX LIVE?  It comes with the FREE Shadow Jago character.  It's JUST a character, correct?  Best Buy has on sale for $45 today only I think

When the fuck are they going to offer the ultra for the combo breaker people? I, like many others, won combo edition but would still like to give them $20 for the Ultra edition.

Anyone get the XBOX ONE Day One edition XBOX LIVE? It comes with the FREE Shadow Jago character. It's JUST a character, correct? Best Buy has on sale for $45 today only I think
Correct. Just a new character which is a copy of Jago, but with two unique color schemes, unique accessories (non changeable) and uniquely colored specials. He's pretty cool tho. I use the color 2 version when playing online and it gets a reaction from most players. Def worth it for $45, no question.

I accidentally bought the shadow Jago character only on Ebay for like $27... I thought I was getting ALL the currently available characters. I was butt hurt!

I'm confused I thought Jago was free.  And for $19.99 you get all 8 characters.   Is this not the case?

I accidentally bought the shadow Jago character only on Ebay for like $27... I thought I was getting ALL the currently available characters. I was butt hurt!
I planned on selling mine on EBAY when I get it. I'm not a HUGE KI fan, so it will help offset the cost of the XBOX LIVE card. Seems like they sell for $7-$40.

looks like you found a good character Red. The ultra's are pretty easy for all of the characters once you learn how to work them into combos I got a 65 one yesterday with Orchid online. pretty funny and had no idea how I did it.

Ultras are definitely a motivation booster. But just check the controls and you will realize that they are the simplest things in the game. Double Ultras too!

Spinal looks like a lot of fun, gonna try him out this weekend. But Fulgore looks downright sick!

Update: Spinal is a lot of fun!  Hard as hell to figure out, though.  He'll be one that will take you out easily with a skilled player. 

The retro skins are out for Glacious and Sabrewulf, too.  Cool stuff.

Anyone still playing this? I really could use help boosting the World Tour challenge for this months pin since I still suck horribly at playing. Would return the favor

Iron Galaxy Studios is taking over the throne. There will be lobby matches, arcade mode and Fulgore by April 9th.

They made Divekick and handled a majority of the XBLA versions of Capcom's fighter.

Get hype for Season 2!!!

Awesome pick by MS!!!

Iron Galaxy Studios is taking over the throne. There will be lobby matches, arcade mode and Fulgore by April 9th.

They made Divekick and handled a majority of the XBLA versions of Capcom's fighter.

Get hype for Season 2!!!

Awesome pick by MS!!!
I was really happy to see this news, I hope it works out well for them.

Get hype for Season 2!!!

Awesome pick by MS!!!
But don't forget, Fulgore is the last character for season 1 and after season 1 is when Double Helix will hand over the reigns.

I...CANNOT...WAIT...for Fulgore. The intro video I saw last night upped my excitement level to 11!

OK, finally got into the game and did a bit of the Dojo. Felt like I learned the basics and a few advanced moves so I decided to take on an exibition match. Learned with Jago and I get Saberwolf as my only character to choose from. I instantly turn into a button masher guy:joystick: This is gonna be a rough transition. Eyeing the Combo Breaker Ed but I'll need to put some more time into it. I'm wondering if Microsoft will ever put this up on a future Xbox One GwG offer as it seems like a good fit with the extras people could purchase.

That's a possibility. They were giving it away to some people early on. It's worth the $20 for the combo ed. Especially with new content coming next month.

I *always* do horribly!  Ha!  Still, it's fun and the moves come back to you quickly if you haven't played for a week or two. 

Now that the new update is out (bringing the game's version to 1.9.110.1), does anyone else NOT have the ability to buy Fulgore? I don't see him in the KI STORE but I see an option to purchase him in the CUSTOMIZATION area. When I try this I get taken to the Xbox store and I get this error:

Content isn't available

Sorry, the content you were looking for ins't available right now. It might be a temporary issue, so try checking again later.
I was actually able to just purchase the ULTRATECH INDUSTRIES arena for 500 KP, but that's all I can unlock/purchase.

I'm giving serious thought to getting an X1 very soon because of KI (and Forza 5 coming with it free, the other game I want) and I intend on getting the Ultra Edition because of the original KI in that package.  I'm just wondering if its single player only?  I know its probably a stupid question with a very obvious answer of single player only, but just curious.  Still will get that edition anyhow

Any edition of KI gets you the option to play single player, especially now with Arcade mode.  But you also get the option to play against other people online.  So worth it, get the Ultra edition, seriously.

[quote name="chubbyninja1319" post="11690866" timestamp="1397545052"]Any edition of KI gets you the option to play single player, especially now with Arcade mode. But you also get the option to play against other people online. So worth it, get the Ultra edition, seriously.[/quote]He's referring to the original version of KI that comes with the Combo or Ultra Editions.

The more I play this game, the more I realize I'll never master it.   Its fun, but super difficult to master, specially with the regular controller.   

I've sent my old Street Fighter IV Standard and Tournament Edition sticks to a stick modder from SRK. He's going to  modify them to work with both Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Yeah, it's costing me a lot (the modder has to strip actual Xbox One controllers and solder to them) but it will be so sweet to play Killer Instinct and other latest-gen games with real arcade sticks. Actually, modding both sticks will cost only a bit more than the official Madcatz Xbox One stick, and that thing lacks a headset jack. (The modder is going to work in headset support somehow.)

Once I get the sticks back (early May), I'm going to be down for some kicking some serious Chubbyninja and Spybreak butt in Killer Instinct. :)

Just picked up my system last night. Have only gotten as far as setting it up and downloading Forza 5 before heading to bed. Gonna add some funds to my account and snag the Ultra edition later on today. I probably will suck balls. Because I had nothing better to do on family vacations to South Carolina as a kid I got to the point I made the computer my personal little bitch with Jago on the hardest level in KI Gold. After that, I stopped playing

Im looking forward to feebly attempting to not look like a complete button masher, guys!

seriously tho, it'll be fun playing against xbl friends rather than waiting for ranked match making. The wait is grueling at times.

Now that the new update is out (bringing the game's version to 1.9.110.1), does anyone else NOT have the ability to buy Fulgore? I don't see him in the KI STORE but I see an option to purchase him in the CUSTOMIZATION area. When I try this I get taken to the Xbox store and I get this error:

I was actually able to just purchase the ULTRATECH INDUSTRIES arena for 500 KP, but that's all I can unlock/purchase.
Interesting, Fulgore is now available for me to purchase.

Of course this may be a moot point as I'm currently eye-balling the Pin-Ultimate Edition now... :D

Hey anyone still playing this?  Just got an Xbox One last weekend and am really enjoying it.  I ordered the Razer Atrox fightstick which comes out this week.  I'd love to play with some CAGs.  My tag is Dexhart.

bread's done
Back