Xtendplay for Xbox or PS3 for $4.99 Amazon

Probably not a bad idea if it works and I would think that depends on how well it fits you. I just don't play enough anymore to bother - I just waste money reading this site and buying games I'll never get to play.

I love my 360 controller the way it is, but for $5 it couldn't hurt to try for anyone finding their controllers uncomfortable.

I can vouch for these. Have one on PS3 and 360. I love them. I believe they have a no questions asked return window if you don't like them.

[quote name='kklems']Can you use mics with 360 version? Looks like it would block where the headphones plug in[/QUOTE]

No mics without "modifying" but I can vouch for this product, i'm very satisfied. I cut a notch in mine to accomadate my headset.

I bought this about two weeks ago and it basically enlarges the handhold part of the controller and makes your hand to expand more naturally than without this to reduce the stress you put on the hands.

[quote name='ProAnon']Need a Vita one for when I play Wipeout too much :roll:[/QUOTE]

Have you tried out the trigger grips? it makes it much more comfortable to hold the vita for my larger hands for extended sessions.

Questions for those of you who find this product useful: How old are you? What pain or discomfort do you experience without this product?

I ask because I recently started having wrist pain (just generally, not from gaming) and am beginning to wonder what's next. I don't experience discomfort from holding a controller now but worry that it's on the horizon.

[quote name='heeroyuymit']Have you tried out the trigger grips? it makes it much more comfortable to hold the vita for my larger hands for extended sessions.[/QUOTE]

QFT

PDP sent me a free one due to some issues I had with a charger for my Wiimotes.

I couldn't game without these. Have them for both PS3 and 360. Love them. Yes, they're ugly and won't work with certain charging stations. Absolutely worth it in the end. I have my controllers in a drawer now so you can't see them unless I'm playing.

God damn I love these. I was just thinking today that I hope the next gen systems let you use the old PS360 controllers so I can keep using my Xtendplays. I paid $20 each for them too!

[quote name='heeroyuymit']Have you tried out the trigger grips? it makes it much more comfortable to hold the vita for my larger hands for extended sessions.[/QUOTE]

Definitely been thinking about it. I heard the triggers scratch up the triggers on the Vita itself? :whistle2:#

I won both of these from a random giveaway.
The 360 version is very comfortable, but it isn't something that I would die for. Because I have it and it's certainly better than the original grip, I use it. For $4.99, I would say it's a very good deal.
The PS3 one is where this product shines. I never liked the Dualshock grips, but I never had a problem of hurting my hand while using it. However, with this using the controller feels so much better. Just simply a must.

Have these for both systems. It can't be overstated how much nicer it is on your hands when you don't have to grip the controller. You may also want to pick up a pack of grip-its. I turned off vibration on all systems as well, even the lil *bzzt* the Wii has, gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheThoughtlessOne']Why would you need these?[/QUOTE]

to rest your 20 piece chicken nuggets on while gaming for 6 days straight. they should really come with a bedpan too with force feedback.

I saw these at pax east 2 years ago. This is the first time I am actually seeing one for sale. I tried it out quickly and found it cumbersome. In theory I suppose it is a good idea but do people really play video games long enough per day that their wrists are hurting them?

So take our next gen sleek controllers and make them look like a giant blue blob? I enjoyed the pics more than the idea of the product. Proper beanie placement while gaming is essential.

I suppose another perk is the fact that it would make it easier to find your controller if fell between the cushions. Kind of like those over sized novelty remote controls.

These things may be useful if you have ginormous catcher mitts for hands, but for me the Dual Shock 3 is relatively comfortable 90-95% of the time. I try not to play games for longer than 3-4 hours(if that) and if I do then I will take a break if my hand does start to get sore.

About the only accessory I've found really useful for my controllers are the button kickers from PDP for the Dual Shock 3. They make the L2/R2 buttons into somewhat proper triggers and your fingers are less likely to slip off the buttons when using them.

About the only other accessory for a controller I'd probably consider is something that could make the top of the Dual Shock 3's sticks concave without extending them so far as to make them too high and uncomfortable for me to use. But then again, that's why I have the one Rocketfish controller from BB from a few years ago, as that has the 360 designed layout including the concave sticks.

Decided to get one of these for the Xbox 360 based on the positive impressions in this thread. I actually did hurt my hands/wrists one day due to a marathon Conan gaming session, but I usually don't play for more than a couple of hours at a time. Still, I bet this will help whenever I do play for longer periods.

No longer does man need to decide if he should continue killing zombies/aliens/nazi's or scratch his nethers. With our revolutionary product, you can accomplish it all at once!

still have these in my cart, but after viewing the item pics and the douchebag hipster morons that seem to be "enjoying" this product, nope, no way. hipsters don't get my money. no. i can deal with gaming less.

[quote name='technicalstylez']still have these in my cart, but after viewing the item pics and the douchebag hipster morons that seem to be "enjoying" this product, nope, no way. hipsters don't get my money. no. i can deal with gaming less.[/QUOTE]

What does that even mean?

This product makes me laugh. Theory sounds interesting but definitely not my thing. I worked hard to destroy these hands of mine over the years. Next thing you know, they'll be trying to take away these calluses I've worked so hard to get from using the original D-pads.

Picked one up for ps3 about a month ago, love it. Picked up four more today (1 for my friend, 1 more for the house and 2 for my bros who fell in love with the things)

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']So, this basically rests against your gut?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but that's actually the only thing I don't like about this product. To be honest I wouldn't mind if they removed the bottom part and just kept the stuff around the controller to make it fatter.

For me, it's about being able to play a video game for more than 20 minutes without my hands killing me. If you have large hands then you know what I'm talking about. If you don't have large hands and do not experience discomfort while playing with the standard PS360 controllers, this product is probably not for you.

It's pretty simple really. You already know if you need this or not -- reviews and impressions won't do most people any good. If your hands don't hurt while you game then you don't need it. If they do hurt then this product is ESSENTIAL and will help you enjoy your games a lot more. For me the Xtendplay has been a godsend. I was hardly playing games at all anymore due to the discomfort. I'm only 26 but I have pretty huge hands and bad joints to boot. Thanks to the Xtendplay I can keep gaming like I used to when I was a kid. Can't beat that.

Like I said, this is the kind of product which only has value when you need it. Before my hands started to hurt, I don't give a damn to these kinds of products. Now since my hands are hurting, I have spent about a couple hundred bucks on products such as ergonomic keyboard, mouse and keyboard wrists, keyboard trays, wrist support, and Xtendplay. I started to pay much attention to my posture, having a bread before games. If your hands are in perfect condition, just don't buy it. If your hands started to feel uncomfortably or you want to protect your hands, it's worth a try for 5 bucks.

bread's done
Back