Yakuza 3 comes West, Right now!

There are digest-form videos on the Yakuza 3 game disc that bring you up to speed.

Truth be told, I never played #2, but got along just fine.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Thats basically what I did, only I used full power. I think the key is to have it go diagonal across the lane, with some spin pulling it back towards the side you threw from.

I actually managed to get the Turkey the first time I played against Haruka. I think it is because I use the same method in Wii Bowling since I can never keep my wrist locked on my follow through.[/QUOTE]

I played a few 10 frames to leave more room for error so I can get the feel down. But after that, solid gold.

Something that took me a couple hours was getting the break ace trophy on nine ball. *says goodbye to his 100,000+ yen*:cry:

[quote name='defmonkey05']I played a few 10 frames to leave more room for error so I can get the feel down. But after that, solid gold.

Something that took me a couple hours was getting the break ace trophy on nine ball. *says goodbye to his 100,000+ yen*:cry:[/QUOTE]

Any tips? Thats one of the trophies I am concerned about.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Any tips? Thats one of the trophies I am concerned about.[/QUOTE]

If you have the money to waste, I had the cue ball on the far right side, a few inches off the bank, the cue aiming at the side of the rack, you still have the hit the one ball first, but I had it aimed so that it was hitting the edge of that ball and going into the other ball beside it. With my stick aiming the cue around halfway up and halfway right.

You want the cue to have follow through, because most of the times, if you hit the rack solid with no front spin, all the other balls with get hit and the 9 ball will just sit there. With the front spin, there's a better chance that the 9 will get hit and possibly go into a pocket. This took me a good couple of hours. And at first, I was just hitting the rack from the side, actually got the 9 in once, it said I fouled and then figured out the one ball had to be struck first. :booty:

But hitting the cue from one of the sides of the bank, but not touching the bank so you can still aim. Aiming at the one ball slightly with it going into the other ball closest to it. front spin and side spin depending on what bank you use. And many retries you should be fine and get a lucky 9 ball pocket! :D

Installing Y3 for now before playing a tiny bit of Y4. Odd I know, but I was just curious as to what else is new besides what was shown in the Yakuza 4 demo. Both should keep me more than occupied until May arrives.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Supplice']Installing Y3 for now to get my feet wet before playing a tiny bit of Y4. Odd I know, but I was just curious as to what else is new besides what was shown in the Yakuza 4 demo. Both should keep me more than occupied until May arrives.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to play the demo, but for some reason I suck at reading japanese! :bomb:

And looking through the jpn psn store is just frustrating for me!

Ok, I need help with the locker key #28. I can't find it anywhere.

Here is what the FAQ says:
On the south wall of the path running West of the station,
south side, between two buildings in a window (between the Ryukyu Town Tourist stand and the tobacconist)*
The tobacco place is over by the metro stop; the tourist place is across the river way north of the aqua club. I don't fricking get what this is telling me--I've started at the tobacco place and looked at every single window from there to the tourist place and back. I can't find the fricking key anywhere.

HELP!

EDIT: I finally found the key. It's
not where the FAQ says, it's actually on the side of the tobacco shop building to the left of it, between it and the building next door.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sega just announced that during it's first week of sales more than 500,000 copies of Ryu ga Gotoku 4 (Yakuza 4) have been shipped.

On top of this, the announcement mentions that the series (including all four games) has sold more than four million copies worldwide

2435j0x.jpg
yakuza-4-ships-500000-copies-in-a-week-series-breaks-4-million-yakuza-4

Source

Saw this on joystiq Friday, and it's piqued my interest:
http://www.joystiq.com/tag/project-k

I don't have a PSP; I've been waiting on Sony to announce an updated model before I buy. I really like the form factor of the PSP Go, but hate that some games don't come out digitally (only UMD).

However, if this comes out in the US, it might just be enough to put me over the fence...

Finally grabbed a copy and I'm on ch4. Did I completely miss something because I don't understand the "heat" mechanic and I keep using the super finish at a point where there's still a bit of health left on my enemy after it and I have to use a basic combo to end a fight.

[quote name='QiG']Finally grabbed a copy and I'm on ch4. Did I completely miss something because I don't understand the "heat" mechanic and I keep using the super finish at a point where there's still a bit of health left on my enemy after it and I have to use a basic combo to end a fight.[/QUOTE]

as you get further into it youll unlock better super finishers. especially the final one. in the meantime take not of how much health the finisher you have takes off and just whittle down your enemies health until just under that amount then when you do the finisher they will be beaten by it.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Do I need to play the first 2 Yakuzas to enjoy or appreciate the story of this game?[/QUOTE]

there is a recap at the beginning so no not really. It catches you up pretty well.

But you should still play them, even if the first one is horribly (hilariously) dubbed. I still think Yakuza 2 is the best storywise.

bread's done
Back