YAKUZA 3 (PS3) Preorders Open @ GameStop and Amazon $54.99

[quote name='gibbyva']The DLC code is on a card inside the case (behind the manual)[/QUOTE]

There are two sets of DLC codes...one set come with every game

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/02/24/whats-up-with-yakuza-3/

, the other is a special set that was only available to those who pre ordered at Gamestop.

I and, I believe, others were saying we didn't get the Gamestop exclusive DLC when we should have

[FONT=&quot]There are 2 DLC's one that comes with every new game and 1 for Gamestop pre-orders only, [/FONT]http://twitpic.com/17sg39[FONT=&quot] Some guy from gamefaqs posted that but that’s for people in Canada. For US there should be a code on the receipt at the bottom. I didn't receive either the $5 off pre-order or the DLC on my Receipt, so I’m pretty PO about that. Probably will end up returning my copy and buying off Amazon[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
17sg39

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']EDIT: I fucking love Google. Cached page for all as proof: http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:amwF6f7FHxwJ:www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx%3Fsku%3D270485+site:gamestop.com+yakuza+3+gamestop&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Hopefully I won't have that problem. I haven't picked mine up but those codes and the $5 off were the only reason I didn't order from Amazon. Originally the $5 off was online only but they changed it to B&M too.

Anyone have a cached version of the product page or a screen cap? I was just thinking the other day I should print it off just in case but I forgot :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Wow nice find, I was one of those people that got screwed over for $5, I'm not sure how authentic they'll take that image of as, because its missing some stuff.. but I'm gonna call tomorrow on it. But yeah same situation on my end too as they confirmed it and know about it, but they can't take the $5 off because they don't have the coupon code.. another fault on gamestop's part... that we must pay :(

Edit: I was also wondering if you can find a screenshot of what it says if you clicked the more info next to the "eligible for gamestop instore pickup" where it has a clickable button (i presume) for the "more info"

If you ask them to check the coupon page they have they should have a -5 code for Yakuza 3 on it. I went to work today and none of my employees knew about the code for the -5 but they did have the code for the DLC taped on the monitor.

[quote name='Pikagreg']If you ask them to check the coupon page they have they should have a -5 code for Yakuza 3 on it. I went to work today and none of my employees knew about the code for the -5 but they did have the code for the DLC taped on the monitor.[/QUOTE]

Is the DLC code taped to the monitor something that staff were to plug in during the transaction to have a code generated on the receipt or is it the code they are supposed to tell the customer?

How long do I have to pickup from gamestop if I preordered it (I believe they got their orders toda - Wednesday)? Also, anyone have a copy of Yakuza 2 they want to sell? Let me know!

@mook - Stores are require to hold the game for 48 hours though they can after that or sell it depends on store usually.

@K_G - Yeah the code is a SKU the employees need to type in so that a DLC code is generated on the receipt. This is fairly new to GS they had something similar for Bad Company 2.

So the GS exclusive DLC is not on a physical card like many of their preorder bonuses???

@Pikagreg, my BFBC2 DLC code is on a physical card, assuming you're referring to the Squad Rush mode and AKS-47U weapon.

Battlefield was weird because we got physical cards as well as a SKU so that people would get a code generated on their receipt. We did not get any physical cards for Yakuza so I guess they are all receipt code only~

[quote name='Azurken']Wow nice find, I was one of those people that got screwed over for $5, I'm not sure how authentic they'll take that image of as, because its missing some stuff.. but I'm gonna call tomorrow on it. But yeah same situation on my end too as they confirmed it and know about it, but they can't take the $5 off because they don't have the coupon code.. another fault on gamestop's part... that we must pay :(

Edit: I was also wondering if you can find a screenshot of what it says if you clicked the more info next to the "eligible for gamestop instore pickup" where it has a clickable button (i presume) for the "more info"[/QUOTE]
Every GameStop should receive a coupon page that has the code for $5 off for pre-order Yakuza 3. The GS employees tried to argue with me that there is no such promotion until they looked into their coupon book and found it. GameStop has a software glitch in their system for prepaid preorder. When customers prepaid the game with store credit, the system did not know that you paid with store credit and still charge you for tax when you pick up the game.

I didn't know about this glitch until I checked my Heavy Rain preorder pick-up receipt and sure enough, it was charged for tax for the $5 preorder! The same thing happened to me today, when the system tried to charge tax for the $55 that I prepaid with store credit. The employee has to make a note that the store will be shorted for $4.75 because of my pick-up. :lol:

^ That sucks :( I haven't seen anything like that at my store though we did have a weird glitch where every new accessory was being marked off 10 bucks before lol (that got caught pretty quick though :p)

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']Every GameStop should receive a coupon page that has the code for $5 off for pre-order Yakuza 3. The GS employees tried to argue with me that there is no such promotion until they looked into their coupon book and found it. GameStop has a software glitch in their system for prepaid preorder. When customers prepaid the game with store credit, the system did not know that you paid with store credit and still charge you for tax when you pick up the game.

I didn't know about this glitch until I checked my Heavy Rain preorder pick-up receipt and sure enough, it was charged for tax for the $5 preorder! The same thing happened to me today, when the system tried to charge tax for the $55 that I prepaid with store credit. The employee has to make a note that the store will be shorted for $4.75 because of my pick-up. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah they didn't find it in their coupon book either, perhaps it wasn't updated as early? Idk. All I know is, I'm already disappointed by this game, but FF13 is creating a bias for me on this. But really though when I pay the equal price for both games, I expect equal entertainment, thats where i get my comparison... unfortunately.. Yakuza 3 shockingly just wasn't the type of game I was looking for.

Kinda want, but I can't justify the purchase because of how little time I have. Maybe I should cut to three hours of sleep, then I might be able to fit all of these March releases. :(

[quote name='Pikagreg']Battlefield was weird because we got physical cards as well as a SKU so that people would get a code generated on their receipt. We did not get any physical cards for Yakuza so I guess they are all receipt code only~[/QUOTE]
Would people who didn't preorder the game still be able to get the code? it seems like all the clerk has to do is to enter the SKU to get the code on the receipt when ringing up the game, right?

If the clerk was cool they could just scan the SKU and give you the code with the game. If you were to offer pre-ordering a game they would probably do it for you.

[quote name='Pikagreg']@mook - Stores are require to hold the game for 48 hours though they can after that or sell it depends on store usually.

@K_G - Yeah the code is a SKU the employees need to type in so that a DLC code is generated on the receipt. This is fairly new to GS they had something similar for Bad Company 2.[/QUOTE]

Right, thanks for the reply....This should help me get the code....my GS isn't very well organized but when I can tell them what needs to be done, they usually figure it out.

Ah hell, just read that there were even more cuts to this game then Sega mentioned. Like 10 side quests were also cut :(

[quote name='whoknows']I bet the sidequests were related to the cut content, hence why they were cut.[/QUOTE]

Not all of them no, I think just one or two.

[quote name='dragon2288'][FONT=&quot]There are 2 DLC's one that comes with every new game and 1 for Gamestop pre-orders only, [/FONT]http://twitpic.com/17sg39[FONT=&quot] Some guy from gamefaqs posted that but that’s for people in Canada. For US there should be a code on the receipt at the bottom. I didn't receive either the $5 off pre-order or the DLC on my Receipt, so I’m pretty PO about that. Probably will end up returning my copy and buying off Amazon[/FONT]
17sg39
[/QUOTE]

Wow I wasn't aware it was two separate codes. When I picked up the game I asked where the exclusive content code was, the manager told me "inside the case". I didn't even look at the card closely since I assumed it was like the Heavy Rain taxidermist DLC and I wouldn't be able to enter it till Thurs/Friday anyway.

Neither of my receipts have the code on it either so I'll be making a trip back up there today.

I too got screwed on my receipt DLC code & extra $5. I actually asked the clerk before I checked out about the DLC, but after looking at the guts, told me that the code was in the game.

As I did not read this thread ahead of time, I was suckered. Called GS customer service this morning; they stated that they would 'try' to e-mail the DLC code if any were still available, but I would have to go back to the store location for the $5 bucks.

THIS is the reason why companies should not do exclusive preorder DLC. Yakuza 3 wasn't going to sell a million copies anyway. Why not reward all of the people that decided to purchase the game & not just the people that purchased it at GS? Give me a wall scroll or other nerd swag instead....

Exclusive pre-order dlc is shit. Goddamn gamestop.

When you return it, knock over a magazine rack on your way out.

[quote name='seanmcc']Exclusive pre-order dlc is shit. Goddamn gamestop.

When you return it, knock over a magazine rack on your way out.[/QUOTE]

LMAO @ magazine rack! It be my pleasure to. So the DLC wasn't enough to replace the removed content from the game?

[quote name='KrazyGunner']LMAO @ magazine rack! It be my pleasure to. So the DLC wasn't enough to replace the removed content from the game?[/QUOTE]

just you know the dlc is just a 100k download which unlocks something already on the disc...

[quote name='seanmcc']Exclusive pre-order dlc is shit. Goddamn gamestop.

When you return it, knock over a magazine rack on your way out.[/QUOTE]

Or in Kazuma fashion, pick up the magazine rack and beat the worker until he gives your DLC code.

After reading all this stuff, i'm tempted to just go in and get my $5 back and just order off amazon. This is my first time buying from GS and I see why they have the reputation that they do.

[quote name='tufnoodle']After reading all this stuff, i'm tempted to just go in and get my $5 back and just order off amazon. This is my first time buying from GS and I see why they have the reputation that they do.[/QUOTE]
This is a perfect opportunity to make it your LAST time buying from GameStop.

[quote name='devil_blog_dracula']This is a perfect opportunity to make it your LAST time buying from GameStop.[/QUOTE]

Roger that!

I got my 5 dollars off, all you have to do is ask or tell them straight up. I told the guy "I'm suppose to get 5 dollars off" and of course, if I didn't, I would of asked for a return period. All he did was enter a promotion. If you speak up and tell them, you'll get what you want. Too many whiners here. You have a mouth, use it. Not very hard at all. I got one DLC paper, I didn't get two and I'm not even going to bother to go whine, cry, and bitch to them for my second DLC piece of paper. At least I got a DLC. I believe GS was the only one offering free DLC? If I am wrong, correct me but at least they put effort to give free shit most of the time unlike other places. I'm not defending them but I'm just saying. Also, I sense the same whiners will complain about not getting 5 dollars off for Monster Hunter Tri when that comes out. Once again, you have a mouth, USE IT! And if they're being dicks, just ask for a refund and tell them to go fuck themselves.

I wish I knew it was GS exclusive or else I would've just ordered from them. The trailer just said "extra DLC if you pre-order." Anyhow, I'm just feeling lucky to even have the game, period.

I went back and got everything worked out after about 10 minutes and the manager calling around to other stores to figure it out...As mentioned previously, the $5 off coupon code is in the GS marketing promotions book (they scanned a UPC) and to get the pre order DLC, they effectively sell the code to you at a price of zero cents. The SKU number for the code is 500163 and it is called "Code, Yakuza 3 Challange Pk"....(I guess they are keepin' it gangsta by spelling challenge with 2 a's) The code was then printed midway on the receipt.

[quote name='K_G']I went back and got everything worked out after about 10 minutes and the manager calling around to other stores to figure it out...As mentioned previously, the $5 off coupon code is in the GS marketing promotions book (they scanned a UPC) and to get the pre order DLC, they effectively sell the code to you at a price of zero cents. The SKU number for the code is 500163 and it is called "Code, Yakuza 3 Challange Pk"....(I guess they are keepin' it gangsta by spelling challenge with 2 a's) The code was then printed midway on the receipt.[/QUOTE]

I can verify that the SKU 500163 is the same one that my GameStop rang in for me. The $5.00 off is a separate bar code that must also be scanned in. The download code was on the receipt towards the bottom. You may have to "educate" your local GameStop employees in some cases to get it all to ring up correctly. ;)

[quote name='whoknows']Oh haha.

Well still, it hardly makes a difference to me. I hardly did any of the sidequests in the past 2 games.[/QUOTE]
While I was pissed that the hostess clubs were cut but they really didn't affect the game. I had the Japanese version of Yakuza 3 and if it wasn't for two achievements, I wouldn't even go there in the first place.

bread's done
Back