Yakuza Dead Souls $35.99 @ Deep Discount

[quote name='skylinersx']would like to order this but is this a reliable site? Does anyone have any past experience with this site? Thanks[/QUOTE]

The site is legit. It's not known for scams---the biggest complaint would be that any time they have a price that is deal worthy they seem to take FOREVER to fulfill orders if they don't outright cancel. When they do cancel that can take forever as well.

They may have learned something though as this is the first deal they've had where they appeared to have limited quantities to just one.

I ordered one, but I had to use Firefox to do it. Internet Explorer wouldn't show any items in the cart when I went to check out.

Hopefully I can return the full price Gamestop copy I ordered with the DeepDiscount copy.

The site is legit, though the inventory management is horrific for pre-orders.

Numerous times in the past, pre-orders get canceled for pricing mistakes, they get canceled for not having enough inventory and they get canceled for no apparent reason at all.

People can certainly try a pre-order, though there's a reasonable chance it won't get fulfilled for one reason or another. Some CAGs have said that DD has been getting better of recent, though they still continue to have issues with logistic management.

Never ordered a game from DD but they ship movies via Media Mail which can seem to take forever (18 days for my last order from them). I'm assuming they use at least First Class Mail for games but just a guess.

Bought a game from DD and arrived in my mail a week later.
hgisadha
I must be lucky I guess..

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Never ordered a game from DD but they ship movies via Media Mail which can seem to take forever (18 days for my last order from them). I'm assuming they use at least First Class Mail for games but just a guess.[/QUOTE]

I think it is illegal or at least against USPS policy to mail games via media mail. I have received games from other companies via Media Mail and I know many CAGs ship their games by media mail but I've been told that they don't qualify.

Besides for a 4oz or 5oz game you don't save anything by shipping media mail anyways... at least not if you use PayPal or eBay and get free DC

[quote name='FatherChesz']I ordered one, but I had to use Firefox to do it. Internet Explorer wouldn't show any items in the cart when I went to check out.

Hopefully I can return the full price Gamestop copy I ordered with the DeepDiscount copy.[/QUOTE]

Same here with IE. I used chrome to complete. DD will probably cancel but $40 was my price-point as I love this series. Why not throw some zombies at it....

Pretty tempting price, but like the majority of us suffer, I suffer from a backlog and can wait considering most SEGA games (as much as I'd love to support the franchise by buying their games on launch date) drop to $23-28 after five or six months. Heck, I still haven't picked up Binary Domain (or Vanquish for that matter).

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']This game doesn't seem like it fits in the series. I might be wrong though. I think more retailers will put this game at $39.99 on launch date.[/QUOTE]

Well, it launches tomorrow, so I guess we'll find out soon enough. Oddly, Amazon is already showing it as in stock and shipping pre-orders.

[quote name='GBAstar']I think it is illegal or at least against USPS policy to mail games via media mail. I have received games from other companies via Media Mail and I know many CAGs ship their games by media mail but I've been told that they don't qualify.

Besides for a 4oz or 5oz game you don't save anything by shipping media mail anyways... at least not if you use PayPal or eBay and get free DC[/QUOTE]

That's a yes and a no. Let me explain.

Media Mail classifies Media such as discs, dvds, vhs and diskettes. Cartridge video games do NOT fall under media mail, however games in a DISC appearance or Floppy Disk appearance DO qualify for media mail though some may tell you they don't. Any game on a disc format 100% falls under the media mail standard.

[quote name='Paco']That's a yes and a no. Let me explain.

Media Mail classifies Media such as discs, dvds, vhs and diskettes. Cartridge video games do NOT fall under media mail, however games in a DISC appearance or Floppy Disk appearance DO qualify for media mail though some may tell you they don't. Any game on a disc format 100% falls under the media mail standard.[/QUOTE]

That's a misconception. It doesn't matter if it's disc based or not, video games are never allowed in media mail. Straight from the website of usps: The material sent must be educational media. It can’t contain advertising, video games, computer drives, or digital drives of any kind.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']That's a misconception. It doesn't matter if it's disc based or not, video games are never allowed in media mail. Straight from the website of usps: The material sent must be educational media. It can’t contain advertising, video games, computer drives, or digital drives of any kind.[/QUOTE]

^ this is correct. You can justify sending video games by media mail any way you want but it is wrong and against USPS policy.

Furthermore you'd have to be an idiot to send a standard game by media mail as it is more expensive then first class and much much slower

Anything 9ounces or less is cheaper to go First Class; assuming you print from a service like PayPal or eBay where you get DC for free.

[quote name='GBAstar']^ this is correct. You can justify sending video games by media mail any way you want but it is wrong and against USPS policy.

Furthermore you'd have to be an idiot to send a standard game by media mail as it is more expensive then first class and much much slower

Anything 9ounces or less is cheaper to go First Class; assuming you print from a service like PayPal or eBay where you get DC for free.[/QUOTE]

Collector's editions for games (particularly anything with an art book) would be worth doing via media mail (but I won't advocate it)

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']This game doesn't seem like it fits in the series.[/QUOTE]

It's a spinoff but it is still very much a Yakuza game. Fans of the other games will still enjoy this one.

Pre-ordered Dead Souls. Good thing I waited on pre-ordering. Figured it might go cheap on release like Y4.

i want it for sure, but i still have yakuza4 to play through... and a few other games... and i dont wanna have to make an account on deepdiscount for just 1 game. still, $36? dont know if itll be at that price by the time i do want to play it...

Yakuza 4 was $39.99 at BB during release week; however most stores only had like 3 copies. It did drop pretty fast and eventually was $34.99 at Amazon as a DOTD within two months or so after release.

[quote name='skylinersx']would like to order this but is this a reliable site? Does anyone have any past experience with this site? Thanks[/QUOTE]

So many fond memories of DeepDiscount fiascos: Band of Brothers Blu-ray, Matrix Ultimate Blu-ray, all the way back to the Guitar Hero bundle of Ought Six.

These orders may go through, because it doesn't seem like that great a deal. Just keep in mind that when the Discounts are truly Deep, the cancellations are surely coming.

[quote name='bojay1997']Well, it launches tomorrow, so I guess we'll find out soon enough. Oddly, Amazon is already showing it as in stock and shipping pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

I've been out of sync with games lately and tech in general, lol. Some guy asked me when the new Ipad was coming out. I didn't know the answer, lol.

[quote name='MillionBlades']good luck for those that ordered....whats the worst they refund you money :)[/QUOTE]

yeah many months later

surprised there hasn't been a flood of alert AMZ people since that would definitely be the best scenario for most based on DD rep.
Good price though I'll wait for a deal that'll net it for $30ish or less

I know it's not cannon, but does anyone know where this falls in the Yakuza timeline? I haven't finished my Yakuzas yet.

So, does this play similar to Dead Rising? It kinda looks that way. I've never played any of the Yakuza games before.

[quote name='GBAstar']^ this is correct. You can justify sending video games by media mail any way you want but it is wrong and against USPS policy.

Anything 9ounces or less is cheaper to go First Class; assuming you print from a service like PayPal or eBay where you get DC for free.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to send out two bulky games, what would be the cheapest legal option for me? Parcel post?

[quote name='Rumors']I'm trying to send out two bulky games, what would be the cheapest legal option for me? Parcel post?[/QUOTE]

The odds of your package getting inspected by Media Mail (MM) are in your favor; that being said it is wrong and likely that if they did inspect the package your buyer would be responsible for paying "postage due" at the time of receiving the package.

Parcel Post is the cheapest but depending on how you choose to print your label for many packages under 3 or 4 lbs Priority is actually cheaper.

Also depending on where the items are going and how far from you the destination is the Priority Regional A or Region B boxes may be your best choice.

[quote name='Slermy']I know it's not cannon, but does anyone know where this falls in the Yakuza timeline? I haven't finished my Yakuzas yet.[/QUOTE]

It takes place after Yakuza 4. Also definitely spoilers for Yakuza 2. In fact big part of the story in Dead Souls relates to the story in 2.

I'm not sure if any of you that have said how bad DD is have ordered recently from them because I have had nothing but great things to say about them.

Ever since the management change over a year ago, they have been night & day better in terms of shipping time! Usually pre-orders have arrived either on release date or a day or 2 before! :)

[quote name='tylerdurden10']I'm not sure if any of you that have said how bad DD is have ordered recently from them because I have had nothing but great things to say about them.

Ever since the management change over a year ago, they have been night & day better in terms of shipping time! Usually pre-orders have arrived either on release date or a day or 2 before! :)[/QUOTE]

It's my first time ordering and I haven't even got confirmation from them of shipping yet. My Gamestop order arrived bright and early, though shipping was 10 bucks.

lucky I'm patient. With Graces coming out this week I probably won't play Dead Souls anytime soon. But DD better not cancel my order *shakes fist*

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Yakuza Dead Souls Review

Apparently this reviewer loved it. SPOILER [BOSS FIGHT TOWARDS END OF THE VIDEO]
Maybe I'll check this out down the line.[/QUOTE]

Glad I popped in here and saw this video. Had no clue what this game was about, but that video looks awesome. Might be time I pick up my first Yakuza game. They all seem to have great reviews.

Just got the email:

Dear Valued Customer,
We thought you would like to know...
The item listed below has just shipped!

Not bad, just a few days after release.

Still nothing on my end from DD.

Game is awesome, but I don't completely understand why I'm compelled to complete all the side quests when they are virtually identical.

[quote name='Stingermck']Just got the email:

Dear Valued Customer,
We thought you would like to know...
The item listed below has just shipped!

Not bad, just a few days after release.[/QUOTE]

That is great it is shipping. Hopefully all that ordered will get it. If I don't get this order I will probably wait till under $20 at newegg, or something. Just started ME3 and Tales of Graces so I am set for a bit.

yep nothing from DD for me either.

Hopefully if they do decide to cancel my order, they do it before Amazon or Newegg raise the price. haha ^.^'

My order is still in "Open" order status, not ever a shipped notice. Going to cancel it soon if there's no further action.

Goofy bastards haven't done anything but email me advertisements. I've already received my Amazon copy and returned my Gamestop copy, so I have no interest in dealing with DD bullshit.

Tried it once and got the shaft, no more.

bread's done
Back