YAY another GS story for ya'll

[quote name='necrojustice']Did someone at WalMart ask you for trades?[/quote]

No just to pre-order Mario Party 9 ;)

This is the main reason why I stopped going to GameStop and EB long ago and absolutely refuse to shop there for any reason. I shouldn't have to argue with the guy behind the counter that I asked for a new copy of the game and then have to listen to a song and dance about how it's the display copy and how it's new. I tell them the same thing, new is shrink wrapped. You don't have to worry about his nonsense at Best Buy, Circuit City or Walmart. I refuse to shop there anymore, just walking in the store becomes a total hassle. I don't want to be hassled when I buy a game, I just want to walk in and make my purchase.

Honestly, I wonder why people even bother buying new games from GS, especially CAGS. If you are honest with yourself, you know that you only want factory sealed stuff and you know that GS guts games. Ergo, it seems to me that you'd tend to just not shop there.

Me, myself, personally, I think that I have bought exactly *two* games from GS new, and both were essentially accidents. One, I wanted to buy a used PW:AA:JFA but the new was the same price (b4 EDGE) and the cashier didnt feel like looking for the used one and just gave me the new (sealed) one insted (w/ the used discount). The other time, I just happened to be in the store when they got in a shipment of Kingdom Hearts 2 (release week) so I bought it fresh out of the UPS box.

My only question is, if you buy something new but unsealed and need to return it, is there some sort of sticker on it or are you just assed out?

Honestly, I wonder why people even bother buying new games from GS, especially CAGS. If you are honest with yourself, you know that you only want factory sealed stuff and you know that GS guts games. Ergo, it seems to me that you'd tend to just not shop there.

Well, it isn't like GS/EB only sells opened "new" games, so obviously, you can walk right into GS and buy a sealed game.

My only question is, if you buy something new but unsealed and need to return it, is there some sort of sticker on it or are you just assed out?

You'd probably be screwed. I think there have been stories about that on here. Of course, if one was actually willing to buy an opened copy but wasn't sure if they were actually going to keep it, they should ask the store to re-seal it, so they can return it.

bread's done
Back