Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Regardless of the moral ambiguity of reselling, well, thats kind of a douchey thing to do.[/quote]
Proclaiming that Wii Sports is five games, Wii Play is 14 games, Carnival Games is 21 games, and then jacking up your price because your bundle has 40 games is a douchey thing to do.

If people keep pulling this shit, I might sell Mario Party 8 and start saying that it's actually a hundred games in one.

[quote name='edavis0780']Proclaiming that Wii Sports is five games, Wii Play is 14 games, Carnival Games is 21 games, and then jacking up your price because your bundle has 40 games is a douchey thing to do.

If people keep pulling this shit, I might sell Mario Party 8 and start saying that it's actually a hundred games in one.[/quote]

It's not that they are a douche, it's more so the people who will actually pay that much, for that shit.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Regardless of the moral ambiguity of reselling, well, thats kind of a douchey thing to do.[/quote]

Yeah well, fuck 'em. I'm a few hours from my holiday vacation and have nothing better to do. I'm sick and tired of the endless Wii ads.

It's kind of 'douchey' to sell the consoles at 50%+ above retail. A lot more 'douchey' than what I'm doing. What, are you a Wii reseller too? Hit a little too close to home?

Well, I always get a laugh when I see "40 games" or such attached to a Wii posting, but a buyer should be smart enough to see through the nonsense. Unfortunately, most people aren't, so they end up inflating the value of these systems and "all" their games.

[quote name='karkyco']Yeah well, fuck 'em. I'm a few hours from my holiday vacation and have nothing better to do. I'm sick and tired of the endless Wii ads.

It's kind of 'douchey' to sell the consoles at 50%+ above retail. A lot more 'douchey' than what I'm doing. What, are you a Wii reseller too? Hit a little too close to home?[/quote]
I rest my case. And for the record, no.

Yeah it's not just one picture, he actually has pictures of it from different angles. This might be the UBER-RARE one though that Sega outsourced to Panasonic with no controller ports.

Described as "Never been opened Wii". Picture of an opened box Wii. Looks open to me, even if it's never been removed from the plastic, the box has still been opened.

http://eugene.craigslist.org/ele/519954832.html

Seller that is very excited about his $200 Xbox (all caps). Can get a 360 core for $279.

http://eugene.craigslist.org/ele/520019372.html

Scalper that is going to return the Wii he bought to the store if no one buys it, but "dont wanna return it and see it going to someone who wont use it,".....someone like oh say....himself?

http://eugene.craigslist.org/ele/519944204.html

ROCK BAND SPECIAL EDITION BUNDLE for PS 2 - $150

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2007-12-27, 5:27PM PST

I'm selling Rock Band bundle for the Playstation TWO... NOT 3.

Email me at [email protected] and I can meet you up at some kind of mall (in orange county) to give it to you but the fastest way to get a hold of me is to call or text me at 714.234.1641... you can have this game ASAP.

CASH ONLY. I will not ship it.

I'm asking $400 or BEST OFFER. no low ballers. :hot:

We got a real winner today. Low ballers beware!
Oh, and I'd also like to mention that for a hundred dollars more, one could probably purchase a 360 and the 360 Rock Band bundle and avoid the Rock Band PS2 bundle fiasco.

[quote name='edavis0780']ROCK BAND SPECIAL EDITION BUNDLE for PS 2 - $150

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2007-12-27, 5:27PM PST

I'm selling Rock Band bundle for the Playstation TWO... NOT 3.

Email me at [email protected] and I can meet you up at some kind of mall (in orange county) to give it to you but the fastest way to get a hold of me is to call or text me at 714.234.1641... you can have this game ASAP.

CASH ONLY. I will not ship it.

I'm asking $400 or BEST OFFER. no low ballers. :hot:

We got a real winner today. Low ballers beware!
Oh, and I'd also like to mention that for a hundred dollars more, one could probably purchase a 360 and the 360 Rock Band bundle and avoid the Rock Band PS2 bundle fiasco.[/quote]

Wait... That is all one listing?
Why does he say $150 in the title but then say he wants $400 for it.:roll:

[quote name='mguiddy']Wait... That is all one listing?
Why does he say $150 in the title but then say he wants $400 for it.:roll:[/quote]

Yes, I did forget to mention that our genius is a bit confused about how to price stuff. I'm sure it's an honest mistake though, and not a ploy to draw people into viewing the ad......:roll:

[quote name='fillican']I was trying to sell my psp on craigslist and someone wanted to trade me their riding lawn mower for my psp...[/quote]

Good deal. at least the riding mower will get some use in the summer :)

Not so stupid but well... not that great and idea on his part?

Someone is gonna drive all the way from SF to where I am in SJ which is about 100 mi. and all for Call of Duty 3. lol

I'm selling it for $10.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Not so stupid but well... not that great and idea on his part?

Someone is gonna drive all the way from SF to where I am in SJ which is about 100 mi. and all for Call of Duty 3. lol

I'm selling it for $10.[/quote]

I would have bought that for 10 and I'm in san jose, PM me if he doesnt come through

Already sold... and wtf, I go to sell it and nobody wants it
the first time and then AFTER I sell it for cheap everyone wants it and thinks it is a good deal. :roll:

Just so you guys know, when they say "Used once" it usually means that the disc is in perfect condition, so it's another way of assuring the mint condition of the disc. Similar to people wanting manuals when they trade games on CAG or Ebay.

Here's one, I sold Assassins Creed for $40 a week ago, this guy wants $45. Atleast he has the heart to say he hates GS

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tag/525421959.html

So. Let's get this straight. The title is a bit of a misnomer - not 2 PS1s for $40, but she should have worded it as PS1 for $40, x2. Then, the OP needs to understand sentence structure. I feel dumber for having read it.

I removed the cell phone and email address which she so stupidily included, regardless of the fact that the PS1 systems do not include power cord or controllers.

2 Playstation 1's - $40

Reply to:
Date: 2008-01-01, 8:40PM EST

This is the first (classic) playstion I have no power cord so u will have to find them somewhere and no controller just the systems the two systems are both different versions of the playstation one if u have any questions please contact me at (see CL post - removed on CAG) or my cell which is (see CL post - removed on CAG) i have no way of shipping so u will have to come to my house and pick it up and I will except cash so all you have to do is come pick it up and give me the cash ok thanks.note:they cost $40.00 each

^ True. Mafia and an old MLB game at the top of the stacks. That certainly reeled me in. Unless there are two dozen copies of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 under there, I think I'll pass.

bread's done
Back