Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

Final Fantasy 7 (VII) - $100
Rare PlayStation One Game : Final Fantasy VII.
This is in mint condition and is not the re-issue/greatest hits version. $100 / OBO

So should I even bother e-mailing him to offer the $50 which is my "set payout price" for FFVII?

Or should I e-mail him and tell him he mispelled the url, and obviously meant to post this on "eBay", not "craigslist".

fucking tool.

EDIT: did this
RE: Final Fantasy 7
I think you typed the wrong URL if you're looking for $100 for FFVII -
You meant to put this posting on www.ebay.com , not www.craigslist.com!

If you're lucky, you'll get $80 on that other site - good luck, and no need to thank me!

I was gonna get a boxed saturn with 6 complete games for $35 yesterday and then the guy told me he was raising the price because alot of people emailed him. :bomb: No thanks, asshole.

Not close to the dumb stuff I see here, but this one is pretty bad.

I have a winbook tl30 with the following stats:core 2 dou processor-120gig hdd-dvd+rw dl-extended battery-wifi-bluetooth-1.5gig ram-all around beast of a laptop-laptop still has wrrenty untill july 15th.its all black with silver trim and has no issues-running windows xp ice v3-which is a modded version xp service pack 3 and its still fully updatable with no issues.
I want to trade it for one of the three offers:
1}a ps3 40gig or better with 2controller and 8games including street fightr4
2}modded xbox 360 with 2 controllers-60 gig or higher harddrive-and 20backups including street fighter and skate2 4-no red ring issues at all.
3}a modded nintendo wii with 2 controllers and nunchucks-modded with working wiikey and unlocked internet channel-and atleast 30 backups
because most of wii games suck.
Please only respond if you have one of the offers that i named above-i will lower amount of games im asking for any of the systems if you have accesories-the more accesories the lower the game request.
besides that i will not discuss taking less.I will sell at $500cash since it's better looking then my girlfriend,lol.-must pick up so i can test the system or i will deliver in essex county but will cost you $20 since a friend will drive.

You just have to hope shit like that is a joke...
[quote name='BarbblerElf']Not close to the dumb stuff I see here, but this one is pretty bad.[/quote]

Just when I thought I wasn't going to be posting to the thread today...
Should I offer him the $8 that these five games are worth?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/clt/1055978683.html

5 GAMES ALL FOR 25.00 CALL :hot::hot::hot:-3572
3k73p93l3ZZZZZZZZZ9310befc771afaf1ba1.jpg

Someone must have accidentally looked at 360s when doing their pricing research.

hi here i have a xbox for sale i am asking 350 or 300 no lower i bought it for 400 and i am selling it less. i got 6 games 1 controler it's wireless. if you need to ask me anything about it you can contact me

(You need to look at the pictures. It's an original Xbox with the ugliest controller I've ever seen.)

http://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/1055952424.html

[quote name='theGrue']Someone must have accidentally looked at 360s when doing their pricing research.

(You need to look at the pictures. It's an original Xbox with the ugliest controller I've ever seen.)

http://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/1055952424.html[/quote]

I am about to call him and ask what he is smoking? lol
People that that are retarded. They paid 400 for something like 8 years ago and think it only went down like $.50.

Speaking of SNES people,

Someone posted on CL "Looking for SNES Games - $10"

So I sent him a list of what I had. I received this as a reply: "Not looking to pay ebay or Amazon prices for those crappy games, I am looking to pay a dollar or two for games, maybe a little more for RPGs."

Idiot.

As much as i'd like to get earthbound for $5, I'm glad someone spoke up about it. Thats all these game dealers do, buy low, and sell high. Whenever I put a wanted ad up i get flagged down while those assholes stay up.

I feel the need to defend myself now (being a dealer!)

If I see someone listing an ad in which they're cheating themself, I jump on it like a hawk for two reasons - if I don't, someone else will AND the buyer set the price, they chose to list it w/o research, I'll pay their price..

but this guy is just a tool:

[quote name='Porksta']So I sent him a list of what I had. I received this as a reply: "Not looking to pay ebay or Amazon prices for those crappy games, I am looking to pay a dollar or two for games, maybe a little more for RPGs."[/QUOTE]

If you're a dealer, admit you're a dealer, and carry on. CAGs and the like-minded generally won't do business w/ you, but other people are happy to sell to you with the knowledge you're making a profit - they don't want to do the work - they don't want to sit on the stuff(I have over 1000 games in my house), they just want the shit not taking up space in their house.

But doing the 2-3% of value "cash4gold" bs just makes you a fucking tool. Or claiming it's b/c you want some entertainment for your kid b/c your poor. Or whatever.

Then again, for 95% of SNES games, I end up paying $1-2, so maybe I'm no better than him. But I don't put up wanted ads saying $10 :D

No, he said they are for personal use. He sent me another email, I am not too sure what his problem his. I suppose he can post here if he wants so we can see his identity.

I think $5 for Street Fighter II is a fair deal.

Gotta love People in NJ

G2 PHONES 4 SALE ONLY 3 LEFT! - $450

Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-02, 1:23PM EST

HEY PEOPLE I HAVE THE G2 PHONES BUT ONLY 3 LEFT,YES I SAID G2 PHONES NOT THE G1. I'M THE GUY THAt works for t-mobile so i get all the cool stuff before THEY HIT THE STREETS. I STILL HAVE 1 YEAR SIM CARDS THAT WILL LAST YOU FOR A YEAR. YOU CAN TALK,TEXT, AND BROWSE THE WEB BROWSER ALL DAY LONG FOR A YEAR WITH NO CHARGE. HOW EVER I'M NOT IN TOWN RIGHT KNOW BUT I WILL BE IN TOWN MAY3. SO IF YOU CAN NOT WAIT THEN SEND ME A ADDRESS TO WHERE YOU WANT IT GO AND SEND A MONEY ORDER OR PAY PAL. THANK YOU!!!!~ TELL YOUR FRIENDS

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

whats are the max prices for used NES/SNES/and sega genesises? I've been offering people $30 (which i think might be over the top a bit ?) and nobody seems to be biting. I'm not a cheapskate or anything but I DO see alot of over-realistic pricing....NES with duck hunt for $65 anyone?

do people think it's equivelant to gold?, Every time I get offered an NES with 1 or 2 games for like $100+ I tell them have a nice day and please don't contact me again. :s

It looks like the "i'll give you my old video game junk for a high high high price" thing is king on craigslist. (the majority)

If you're buying, it's a classic and, therefore, valuable.
If you're selling, it's old, ergo, worthless.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']whats are the max prices for used NES/SNES/and sega genesises? I've been offering people $30 (which i think might be over the top a bit ?) and nobody seems to be biting. I'm not a cheapskate or anything but I DO see alot of over-realistic pricing....NES with duck hunt for $65 anyone?

do people think it's equivelant to gold?, Every time I get offered an NES with 1 or 2 games for like $100+ I tell them have a nice day and please don't contact me again. :s

It looks like the "i'll give you my old video game junk for a high high high price" thing is king on craigslist. (the majority)[/quote]

[quote name='kube00']Dumbass here
http://kpr.craigslist.org/ele/1054849886.html
8 original xbox games he wants to trade for Wii/ps2/psx games like FFVII

Games are: SERIOUS SAM, AMERICAN CHOPPERS, SPLINTER CELL PANDORA TOMORROW, GRAND THEFT AUTO 3, TRUE CRIME NEW YOUR CITY, CABELAS DEER HUNT 2005, THE SIMS, WORLD CHAMPION SHIP POKER. all games come w/ original cases and manuals beside world championship poker has no manual and diff. case. They come from a smoke free house. They have minor scratches but played all for at least 5 minutes and are in perfect working order. LOOKING FOR wii games, 360 games, or final fantasy games for playstation and playstation 2 (really wanting final fantasy 7.[/quote]

LOL, that one's hilarious. I wonder if anyone out there would be stupid enough to trade their FF7's and other good stuff for that pile of almost pure shit. Hell, I should throw the same ad up in LA and see if anyone is dumb enough out here.

American Chopper for FF7, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

Windshield costs $800? damn.

My payouts for NES are as follows:

About $10 for a NES that works "as well as expected".

a little under $2.00 per cartridge, for large lots.

This is based on the fact that when I buy a lot (and I buy NES games in 50-100 game lots), I'll get a good handful of $10-20 games, and then piles of games that I'll "break even" on.

Seller doesn't like that, they can keep their crap- not like I have any shortage of inventory. I can get NES's for under $10 at yard sales all summer.

Oh, and if you want to see a flame war, got to http://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/ and look for posts titled "CRICKET" about how someone was treated at a cellphone store....the store argued back, and back and forth and back and forth.

[quote name='CL-Insanity']Just when I thought I wasn't going to be posting to the thread today...
Should I offer him the $8 that these five games are worth?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/clt/1055978683.html

5 GAMES ALL FOR 25.00 CALL :hot::hot::hot:-3572
3k73p93l3ZZZZZZZZZ9310befc771afaf1ba1.jpg
[/quote]

$8? You mean $5 all 5 are worth. Although I can't quite make out what the one with the blue swirl in front of Top Gear Rally is. Let's see...Football, NBA Jam, Top Gear Rally, Street Fighter 2, and Unknown Swirly...yep, $5 it is.

[quote name='theGrue']Someone must have accidentally looked at 360s when doing their pricing research.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/1055952424.html[/quote]

LOL, even more spectacular is the variety and in particular, the selection of games. $300 to $350 this guy is asking for an original XBox, with 6 games total, which are 2 Madden's, NBA Live 06, Test Drive, some other Fusion racing game, and...what appears to be American Chopper? WOW.

[quote name='Porksta']Speaking of SNES people,

Someone posted on CL "Looking for SNES Games - $10"

So I sent him a list of what I had. I received this as a reply: "Not looking to pay ebay or Amazon prices for those crappy games, I am looking to pay a dollar or two for games, maybe a little more for RPGs."

Idiot.[/quote]

Sounds like his email address needs to be signed up for penis enlargement product emails and dirty hardcode scat pr0n

EDIT: okay, since he's apparently a CAG, forget that suggestion. But a stern scolding sounds like it's in order. And if you're selling SNES games, why not list them here on CAG to see if you get any bites?

[quote name='pfp']Windshield costs $800? damn.

My payouts for NES are as follows:

About $10 for a NES that works "as well as expected".

a little under $2.00 per cartridge, for large lots.

This is based on the fact that when I buy a lot (and I buy NES games in 50-100 game lots), I'll get a good handful of $10-20 games, and then piles of games that I'll "break even" on.

Seller doesn't like that, they can keep their crap- not like I have any shortage of inventory. I can get NES's for under $10 at yard sales all summer.

Oh, and if you want to see a flame war, got to http://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/ and look for posts titled "CRICKET" about how someone was treated at a cellphone store....the store argued back, and back and forth and back and forth.[/quote]

yeah I hear ya there. With just a little patience and some digging, you can find them at thrift stores and yard sales for less then 20. The weather over here is still shit (blizzards) so yard sales are held off until like may-august. I'm gonna hit some more thrift stores when I get a chance to.

There is a town to the north of me, they have a bunch of rummage shops on the main street, i'm eager to check some of them out. I checked one out and this old lady runs it she has video game stuff sometimes but it goes FAST. She had a crate of N64 carts a while ago and the last time I went they were gone.

[quote name='reicaden']me neither.... ps3 slim? luls?[/quote]

Actually, those photos of a 'slim PS3' were circulating for a while now. I have NO DOUBT that Sony will eventually release a much smaller version of the system.

Also, I believe the one tech guy(Ben Heck....errrr whatever his name is)made a PS3 laptop a while back.

It played PS3 games and was made to look like a laptop. So, different versions of systems CAN be made, but you need the tech know-how to do it.

So, I really don't see what's so funny to 'luls' at.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']whats are the max prices for used NES/SNES/and sega genesises? I've been offering people $30 (which i think might be over the top a bit ?) and nobody seems to be biting. I'm not a cheapskate or anything but I DO see alot of over-realistic pricing....NES with duck hunt for $65 anyone?

It looks like the "i'll give you my old video game junk for a high high high price" thing is king on craigslist. (the majority)[/quote]

Actually, when I was selling my video games, I did a quick search of each title on Ebay and took the highest and lowest completed auction listings for each then divided by two to get an average.

Of course since the last time I sold any of my games, I sold them all in one big lot(almost 100 PS2/Xbox games) and the bulk of those were bought uber cheap on clearance, I just set a flat rate of $4 something each and totaled it up.

I had NO sports in the entire lot, but I had alot of games that were $10 or under each, so I figured about $450 or so was reasonable. I was offered HALF that from the local shop and I out and out refused. I had the owner of the shop take a look at the entire lot and after he refused to bargain in good faith, I took my stuff and left.

I tried listing it on Craigslist, only to find the typical asshole mentality where they'll offer me $3 each for the harder to find games only and leave the rest of the massive lot I was trying to sell in one shot. That resulted in MANY flaggings by the brigade of local c---suckin' reselling assholes.

But I persevered and listed them on CAG, where I got the SAME shtick from many on here who are known to be resellers. I told them the same I told the CL people, it's the whole lot or not at all.

I finally got a buyer from CAG, who took everything in one shot for close to what I wanted.

So, before you go saying 'high prices are king on CL', consider that some of what some people are selling may have value to them, even if it means it's less of a profit margin for you and to simply ignore those ads rather than call names because someone won't take pennies on the dollar so you can bend them over and give it to them good.

[quote name='FeNoM91']LOL @ recurring Cricket story.[/quote]

Hmmm, I guess most of the previous ones were already flagged off. I only saw 3 posts related to that (search for "Cricket Dewey").

Too bad the entire chain wasn't posted...

All this talk of how resellers price lots offered to them on craigslist has me thinking I pay way too much for people's lots. I offer them 40% of what I can make on eBay (per item), leaving me about 38% of the final sale of any item in profit. They wind up making more than I do in the long run.

[quote name='Zaylex']Lol that doesn't look suspicious AT ALL.

Wtf was that guy thinking, posting that on craigslist?[/QUOTE]

Depending on the specs he might not have a problem getting a buyer at all.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']alright....I didn't mean to offend you man.....sorry if I came off a little harsh[/quote]

You didn't really offend me, since it takes ALOT to do that, but I know that some people just try to price stuff as fairly as they think something is worth.

It isn't always that people are looking for a fortune for old stuff, though I DO see the NES and old Xbox systems priced at $200+ and go 'wtf' myself.

I mean, there's reasonable and there's outrageous.

But I do like how so many people on CL and here tried(in vain) to cherry pick my stuff, even after I told them I was selling as a lot only. It's such a stress reliever to go 'fuck you' and only put that in a return e-mail.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So, before you go saying 'high prices are king on CL', consider that some of what some people are selling may have value to them, even if it means it's less of a profit margin for you and to simply ignore those ads rather than call names because someone won't take pennies on the dollar so you can bend them over and give it to them good.[/QUOTE]

the ones that get me are when i look at stuff on Craigslist and it's higher than my prices. I sell NES's, CLEANED, with a new 72 pin, tested and shipped for under $50. If someone's asking $100 for an NES and 1-5 games (usually Super Mario/Duck Hunt and 4 pieces of shit), they're a fucking tool. I'm not trying to bend them over, but CRAIGSLIST, as a rule should be LESS than eBay not fucking DOUBLE!? And then repost over and over...wtf?

I can appreciate what you say about people "not wanting to accept pennies on the dollar" - but asking more than stores charge stinks of mental deficiency, and that's most of what we're complaining about here.....

I'm one of these known resellers you speak of (I freaking advertise it, I'm not trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes), though I'm a bit newer to the community.

And if anyone wants to sell as a lot, I'll be willing to make an offer on it.

My payouts generally, are approximately 25-30% cash, 40% trade, heavily dependent on about 50 factors - repeat sellers get a little bit more, if there's a lot of high ticket stuff, it'll be more, etc. etc. - kinda a "play it by ear" kinda thing. But also, I DO buy whole collections, a lot of sellers end up selecting me as the buyer b/c I don't dick around and ask for only their rares if they want to sell a lot.

I kinda want to make a post on craigslist saying I found my son's old game stuff in the attic and say I'm willing to sell it for the best offer. Say one of the games is Earthbound, but I'll throw away the box for you since it's so big and heavy. :lol:

Yes, it's very hard being a reseller who likes to sleep at night. I am running into a unique situation where I get reversed cherry picked and then an attemptedfuck. Quick example... Seller has Super Smash bros, Mario Kart, Banjo-Tooie, Garbage games 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Wants $25. I email/call say I will give you $50 (I can put the garbage games with a system) and set up a time to meet. In the interim, buyer calls, says rares are gone, but will still sell garbage for the original $25... fuck.
There are some greedy fuck-you-with-no-Vaseline resellers...
but there are greedy sellers as well....

[quote name='Kayden']I kinda want to make a post on craigslist saying I found my son's old game stuff in the attic and say I'm willing to sell it for the best offer. Say one of the games is Earthbound, but I'll throw away the box for you since it's so big and heavy. :lol:[/quote]

I did something like this and gained a new respect for MYSELF as a reseller. I put an ad saying that my grandson left some games and willing to sell them locally as we didn't want to ship them back to "city of your choice over 1000 miles away"...

Earthbound complete
Final Fantasy IIV (THEY love that -- they think noobie)
Garbage 1
Garbage 2
Garbage 3

To make a long story short... the best I got was an offer of $20 FOR THE ENTIRE LOT.
However, most of the over twenty emails within an hour were very EARNEST about coming to pick them up not now... but RIGHT NOW!!!

I don't like to fuck anyone and often offer more than the seller asks, but I didn't know that resellers as a whole were that bad... and now back to our "craigslist stupidity"!!!!!

[quote name='Kayden']I kinda want to make a post on craigslist saying I found my son's old game stuff in the attic and say I'm willing to sell it for the best offer. Say one of the games is Earthbound, but I'll throw away the box for you since it's so big and heavy. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Hah, that happened to me. I went to buy Steel Battalion off a guy. When I got there he said "here it is, game controller, etc. I can throw away the box if you don't want it." I was like "I'll be keeping that, thanks."

One more in the "I want something for nothing... wait... add a lil more" category....

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/bar/1057694969.html

$$ and $75 Best Buy Gift Card For Wii Bundle - $1 (I-15 and Silverado Ranch)

Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-02, 5:17PM PST

Looking to get a cheap Wii. I have $75 in Best Buy gift cards and I'm looking to give that and $125 for a Wii bundle. I want controllers, numchucks and at least one game.

Tyler

208-:):hot::bomb:-3009

[quote name='CL-Insanity']Yes, it's very hard being a reseller who likes to sleep at night. I am running into a unique situation where I get reversed cherry picked and then an attemptedfuck. Quick example... Seller has Super Smash bros, Mario Kart, Banjo-Tooie, Garbage games 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Wants $25. I email/call say I will give you $50 (I can put the garbage games with a system) and set up a time to meet. In the interim, buyer calls, says rares are gone, but will still sell garbage for the original $25... fuck.
There are some greedy fuck-you-with-no-Vaseline resellers...
but there are greedy sellers as well....[/quote]

LOL, that's because the fucker never HAD the good games to start with. It was a bait n switch, trying to get as many people to contact them as possible, hoping SOMEone out of all the contacts would just say "oh okay, yeah I'll still take the shit games..." when they told them. It could be even worse, though. The guy could have made you drive out to meet him only to tell you "durrr, I sold the good games, but I still have this shit, for 'only' $25!"

And why did you offer him $50??? If he actually did have all those games, he wanted $25 for all the games - don't double his asking price and give him the idea that he's lowballing himself. The last thing you want to do is to give some clueless fuck the idea that he's sitting on a pot of gold, either real or imagined, and have him start scouting values...

bread's done
Back