Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

There something sketchy about this guy. First he posted an ad in the wanted section asking for a $100 train ticket, then he posted a wanted ad asking to buy a train conductor's uniform.......and NOW he posts and ad saying he has 10 brand new 120gb ipod classics selling them for $65 each. I bet anything they're stolen and he's trying to hide out and run away. LOL

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/sys/1110107793.html

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/wan/1110119995.html

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/wan/1110112876.html

-----------------

Also, someone posted an ad with a video of 2 guys stealing an ipod. Heres the ad and the video. It looks like some kind of flea market.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ele/1110168711.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Q74N5zL2o

You can see where they steal the ipod in the middle of the video, he puts it in the bag when nobodys looking.

I don't see it as stupid, all it takes is 1 person to think its a deal. I sold my fat PS2 that had a DMS4 inside it for $585, and last month I sold a 60GB Ipod Video for $160. I also sold the first issue of EGM for $215

All it takes is 1 person :)

[quote name='Phillyman']I don't see it as stupid, all it takes is 1 person to think its a deal. I sold my fat PS2 that had a DMS4 inside it for $585, and last month I sold a 60GB Ipod Video for $160. I also sold the first issue of EGM for $215

All it takes is 1 person :)[/quote]

All on craigslist? Jeeze, assuming by your name you're in Philly, my God what a bunch of retards in that city. $215 for the first issue of EGM, LOL! Nice work!

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, someone blasted one of the douchebags that is offering to "go to the trouble" of picking up your valuables for free.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/wan/1107814799.html

Re: Fish Tank Removal - $1

Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-04-05, 2:26AM PDT

Wow... Thank God there is finally someone willing to pay us a personal visit and remove something of value from our homes.... For free in MOST cases... What a philanthropist (that word means nice and generous and caring for other people)!
This truly inspires me... I think I will start helping the world, too:

If anyone has any nuisance jewelry laying around, I will discreetly rid of it for you at no charge - Unless it is riddled with unsightly stones in it - Then I must charge you, um... $50.
I may also be willing to help you unload any newer electronics; stereos, new computers, televisions (flat screen only)...
Also, for Los Angeles County only- Will gladly follow you to your bank and help you tidy things up there, as well...

Please e-mail me any time.

game boy advanced - $200

i have a blue gameboy advanced that is not played and is takin up space. it is in a great condition and is very fun for kids. i also have 15 games that i got with it. the games arequad dessert fury....hot weels.....fear factor.....marioland.....crash.....dk country.....tony hawks 4.....dk original.....the incredible hulk.....tony hawks underground.....jimy nuetron.....tak and the power of juju.....tetris dx.....and kirbys dreamland..... if you only want the gameboy its self that its 175.00 i payed 200.00 for it. if interested call me at 15088387277 or email me=)

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ele/1110976663.html

If you paid 200 for that you are a retard.

http://dayton.craigslist.org/tag/1111454800.html

Optimus Prime - $500 (Dayton)

Date: 2009-04-07, 2:31PM EDT

There are three Optimus primes here.The orginal g1 prime has everything to it.nothing is missing or broke.the stickers are still on it and is in excellent condition for its age.The other Optimus was a prize i won from pepsi and has been open once. and the last is from the new movie.Its seen some play time from my kids but is still in good shape.will not separate.This is a great collection for any transformers lover.If intersted contact me at 937510#%$& any time. 500.00 or best offer.

$500 for three transformers toys, two of them used!

Okay the original G1 Optimus Prime, complete in box, assuming that it's not a reissue and is in excellent shape, excellent sticker placement, etc., is worth a bit of cash. Certainly not anywhere near $500 unless it's been graded high and sealed, but still worth some good money.

The Pepsi Prime isn't really worth all that much, especially since it's been opened and played with. And the loose movie figure, looks like the Voyager Prime or maybe the Target exclusive Robovision Prime, not worth much at all.

I'd offer $100 for all three, more if I didn't have an original complete/boxed G1 Optimus Prime (among many other reissues) and a sealed Pepsi Prime. If you just want a nice Optimus Prime, the 25th anniversary one is a great bargain, especially if you can find a clearanced one at Target. Even the $60 that amazon is currently charging for it is not a bad deal, considering it's free shipping and no sales tax.

Not sure what's going on, guy asks $175 for a GBA SP and I offer $150 and I don't hear back. If I had someone who wanted to pay $150 for a GBA SP I would drop everything I was doing.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Some other CAG's mentioned seeing them at Goodwill stores, for $7.99

the anniversary one[/quote]

fuck me, I wish I could see that. Probably from the Target clearance, as they donate a lot of their clearanced items to Goodwill if they don't sell. I would buy them all. Hell, if any CAG has scored an extra one, I'll definitely make it worth their time to ship it to me...

[quote name='neiname']Not sure what's going on, guy asks $175 for a GBA SP and I offer $150 and I don't hear back. If I had someone who wanted to pay $150 for a GBA SP I would drop everything I was doing.[/quote]

LOL, no shit. But why are you offering $150 for a GBA SP? Just for shits n giggles i.e. to toy with the guy?

Yes I use that craigsflagger site ALOT lol and it does really work. You have to wait a while and let the proxies do the magic but it does work cause I've shot down ads with it before.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Yes I use that craigsflagger site ALOT lol and it does really work. You have to wait a while and let the proxies do the magic but it does work cause I've shot down ads with it before.[/quote]

Whats the point in that, what do you get out of it?

I see people flag post's left and right and usually because your selling something cheaper then they are or you get the for example post of "PS2 for sale" then you get a follow up "RE:pS2 for sale" and its someone attacking the other seller for something stupid....

I say let them post the sometimes retarded ad's because if anything its going to sit forever and everyone has the right to post any price they want and if there is someone out there less informed and someone buys it for the super inflated price then so be it dont be mad because it wasnt you that cashed in on it... How do you think Ebay got so big haha its people buying something they think they are getting a deal on but 90% of the sellers are re-sellers who got the said item for dirt cheap...

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/tag/1112732407.html

««««««««««««««Original NES +70 Games/Zapper Gun - EXTRAS««««««««««««« - $350
Date: 2009-04-08, 7:46AM MST

Up for sale is an original 1985 NES stytem w/70 NES games, NES Power pad mat, 2 contrillers, zapper gun, cleaning kit and all the cords. And one Playstation PS1 system w/6 games (007 Racing, Cool Boarders 3, MLB 2001, Namco Museum Vol. 3, All-Star Slammin D-Ball, and WCW vs. The World), 2 memory cards, 3 controllers and all the cords. Each game, console and accessory is cleaned using the Nintendo Cleaning Kit and tested using the Top Loading console between 10-30min each to assure each game works as it should. $350.00 OBO for EVERYTHING.

***** Not to be sold individually *****

BUYER MUST PRUCHASE EVERYTHING LISTED @ THE PRICE ABOVE

NOT WILLING TO BREAK UP OR SELL BY THE PIECE

SOLD AS A SET - SOLD AS IS

NES Game list:

1st box 70 games

List of all the games

A Nightmare on Elm Street

Baseball Stars

Bases Loaded

Bases Loaded II: Second Season

Bomberman

Bubble Bobble

California Games

Captain Skyhawk

Castlevania

Championship Bowling

Chip N Dale: Rescue Rangers

Contra

Crystalis

Dick Tracy

Donkey Kong

Double Dragon

Double Dragon II: The Revenge

Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stone

Dr. Mario

Dragon Warrior

Excitebike

Fester's Quest

Friday the 13th

Gargoyles Quest II

Ghost's N Goblins

Hogan's Alley 1 cart label is tore

Ironsword: Wizards and Warriors II

Jaws

John Elways Quarterback

Kirby's Adventure

Kung Fu

The Legacy of the Wizard

The Legend of Zelda - In Box

Lode Runner

Magic of Scheherazade

Magmax

Maniac Mansion

Metroid - Gray Cart

Ninja Gaiden

Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos

Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom

Pac Man

(Mike Tyson's) Punch-Out

Q*Bert

R.C. Pro-Am Racing

Rad Racer

Rampage

Renegade

Robocop

Roger Clemens MVP Baseball

Shadowgate

Snakes Revenge: Metal Gear II

Strider

Super C

Super Glove Ball

Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt

Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet

Super Mario Bros. 2

Super Mario Bros. 3

Super Mario Bros. 3 1 Cart is torn

Super Pitfall

Tecmo World Wrestling

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Time Lord

Tom and Jerry

Track and Field II - 1 cart cover has slightly more wear and tear than normal

Wizards and Warrior‘s

Wizards and Warrior's III

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

[quote name='BarbblerElf']In my experience it has never worked for me so I gave up using it a while ago.[/quote]

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be working on this notorious LA spammer's post at all. And this is after 900+ attempts...

[quote name='karkyco']Yeah, it doesn't seem to be working on this notorious LA spammer's post at all. And this is after 900+ attempts...[/quote]

I just retired it too for the past hour. It's over 1000 tries and about 300 were success but the post is sill there. My guess is it is fake.

[quote name='BarbblerElf']I just retired it too for the past hour. It's over 1000 tries and about 300 were success but the post is sill there. My guess is it is fake.[/quote]

Well, it seemed to work on one that was posted here that I tried it on...the $600 FF7 post...

[quote name='karkyco']Well, it seemed to work on one that was posted here that I tried it on...the $600 FF7 post...[/quote]
Maybe that post only needed one flag or so to be fully flagged and removed. I'm trying it on one now that is linking his ad to his ebay auction for a yugioh card. After an hour of running this I got

Done! There were 473 Successful Flags Made and 528 Failed Flag Attempts!

DOH! The ad still exists - Try again!

[quote name='BarbblerElf']Maybe that post only needed one flag or so to be fully flagged and removed. I'm trying it on one now that is linking his ad to his ebay auction for a yugioh card. After an hour of running this I got[/quote]

LOL, that sucks. I think it is actually attempting to flag as described, however perhaps craigslist has implemented some sort of neutralizer directly in response to this site and other automated flaggers. Perhaps their system checks to see if a certain post is getting bombarded with flags, then it marks it as an automated attack and keeps the ad up.

I've noticed a LOT of ads that used to be flagged off very quickly, now will not disappear at all.

[quote name='BarbblerElf']I just retired it too for the past hour. It's over 1000 tries and about 300 were success but the post is sill there. My guess is it is fake.[/quote]

Its not fake at all. Some posts have a higher flag limit than others. Sometimes it requires more than one attempt. Don't expect it to be flagged in a minute. Normally it can take about 20 minutes, but still it works. It is a good tool to get rid of spam or people selling similar stuff as you.
Just turn it on and go do other stuff, come back to it later and see if it is removed or still there. Then restart if necessary. I've only once had to restart it more than once to get a post removed.

[quote name='Wolve11']Its not fake at all. Some posts have a higher flag limit than others. Sometimes it requires more than one attempt. Don't expect it to be flagged in a minute. Normally it can take about 20 minutes, but still it works. It is a good tool to get rid of spam or people selling similar stuff as you.
Just turn it on and go do other stuff, come back to it later and see if it is removed or still there. Then restart if necessary. I've only once had to restart it more than once to get a post removed.[/quote]
I have been running it for a few hours now changing the different options each time it has finished. Every cycle it gets between 400-430 successful attempts at flagging and about the same failures. So far the ad is still up.

[quote name='Wolve11']Its not fake at all. Some posts have a higher flag limit than others. Sometimes it requires more than one attempt. Don't expect it to be flagged in a minute. Normally it can take about 20 minutes, but still it works. It is a good tool to get rid of spam or people selling similar stuff as you.
Just turn it on and go do other stuff, come back to it later and see if it is removed or still there. Then restart if necessary. I've only once had to restart it more than once to get a post removed.[/quote]

LOL, I had it run through 4 full restarts, something like 2,000+ flags and it still didn't remove a notorious spam. What do you set the parameters to? I do random header, every 3 seconds, report after 5 attempts.

Anyone want to trade their PS3 for an original DS Phat and $60 cash???

Oh, and the PS3 MUST INCLUDE GAMES. Man I wish I had AIM so I could hit up this douche.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/bar/1103902669.html
Gameboy DS and extras plus $60 for ps3/wii/xbox360 (Santa Monica)
Date: 2009-04-02, 10:54AM PDT

selling gameboy ds 1st generation. lightly used.
comes with stylus and charger
Carrying case to keep everything

also includes 3 games
Mario Kart Ds
Pokemon diamond
MegaMan-StarForce Pegasus

asking price $120 obo
no lowballers please
serious seller looking for serious buyer
also willing to throw in 60 dollas for a ps3 trade.

LOOKING FOR A PS3, Xbox360 and WII

MOSTLY PS3 in any condition outside everything else has to work must include games

email me or
AIM:bbking2302

Wish that flagger worked in 30 secs like it says on the site. I haven't let it run more than a few minutes but if it takes a couple hours I'm not going to use it for every spam or ridiculous post I see. Is there a type of flag that would get the post taken down quicker?

No doubt they scale it based on the population size of the city/region.

I.e. some location with a small population is going to take much fewer flags to get it flagged off than say my location, Los Angeles.

And apparently it also takes into consideration the post creator's history, i.e. if they've had a lot of posts flagged, been identified previously as spammers, etc. then it will get knocked off quicker.

I'm working on a couple of posts now. Will let everyone know how they go...

Nice prices this loser's offering for PS3 games...:roll:

Come on, anyone want to sell him some?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/wan/1113562800.html

Ps3 Games (north hollywood)
Reply to: see below
Date: 2009-04-08, 3:40PM PDT

::please read before calling ::

Playstation 3 , ps3 games Wanted
Send me what you have...
if you want to get ride of your gams these are the games im
looking for and i wont pay any higher then the listed prices.
i dont care if there new or used as long as there is no scratches and the game works.

(( Must be originals, Box prefered ))
my offeres are lsited below.:

Grand Theft Auto IV / 15 - 20
Heavenly Sword / 5 - 14
Lair / 3 - 10
Madden 09 / 15 - 25
Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe / 25 - 30
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare / 20 - 25
Call of Duty: World at War / 25 - 30
Tony Hawk’s Proving Ground / 6 - 11
Street Fighter IV / 25 - 30
Skate / 12 - 17
Resident Evil 5 / 25 - 30
Prince of Persia / 15 - 20
Assassin’s Creed / 7 - 12
Burnout Paradise / 8 - 13
Sonic The Hedgehog / 8 - 13
Sonic Unleashed / 20 - 25
Rock Band / 3 - 10
Valkyria Chronicles / 15 - 25
Dual Shock Controller (Sony) / 15 - 25
Email me: [email protected]
or Text: 818 339 6955

----------------------------------------

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/wan/1113554548.html
I want a Nintendo DS lite. - $50 (Encino)

Date: 2009-04-08, 3:34PM PDT

Do you have one in great condition to sell with charger and stylus? Let me know.

760-613-9940

Ahhh, I love the shameless whore ads...too bad this one is fugly and skanky looking...nice red face in that last shot, WTF?!?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/wan/1113696170.html
Young girl needs money Plz Read!

Date: 2009-04-08, 5:17PM PDT

Hey y'all! I'll be straight with you I need money badly! Any donation would help whether it's 50 cents or 50 dollars! Please help! Attatched are a few pics and my link to my photobucket for more as well. Email me! Thankies in advance!

it does work you have to leave it running for a while

Use these settings -

miscategorized or spam/overpost

4 second time out

every 05 flags

site generated

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/tag/1114100742.html

XBOX 360 WITH GAMES AND 2 CONTROLLERS - $300 (BELLEVUE)

Date: 2009-04-09, 2:40AM PDT

I have a green XBOX 360; 2 controllers, one controller is a trick controller; 1 vibration thing that attaches to the controller; Halo combat evolved game; fire blade game; gauntlet dark legacy game; exhibition demo disc 9 games; Sega GT2002 game; JSRF jetset radio future game; all the cables come with them. I got this for a present a few years ago and it is just collecting dust. It is in perfect condition. I don't know what all of these are worth, but best offer or first with the full price can take it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, overpriced but also not even what they are selling

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']lmao, someone trying to pass off an original xbox as a 360....classic!![/QUOTE]

I think they probably just don't know the difference.

I think they probably just don't know the difference.

Nah, man....people do not know the difference. I was selling mine around Christmas and i had like a hundred e-mails/calls within an hour after the 3rd one I realized what was going on. One idiot even came all the way to my house to test it out. I put in Halo and after about like 10 minute he states, "I really thought the quality would be bettter than this???". at first i was like WTF??? Is this guy talking $hit about my tv(3 year old 42" SOny WEGA) in the basement. So iI told him, "you know this game is like 8 years old right? And this is an XBox, you know that right?". "ooooh, this isn't the xbox 360 elite?". I could've murdered that Jackass right there.

bread's done
Back