Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='karkyco']LOL, that HAS to be a woman selling that bundle. "ANOTHER SYSTEM ALSO...NOT SURE WHICH SYSTEM IT IS"" :rofl:

Ummmm, dat dayre's a PLAY-TENDO GAME-STASHUN, MADE BY SON-TENDO. It only says SONY PLAYSTATION on the top...

And I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the fact that they think Madden 2000 is one of the highlights of the bundle. Definitely has to be a clueless chick.[/QUOTE]

You forgot to mention the part that told me that they were clueless and which I got a kick out of ;) This being the 2600 games included in the Genesis bundle :D

Here's a good one:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/tag/1134402593.html

Nintedo Wii Setup for Homebrew, TONS OF EXTRAS - $1200 (MD)

Accessories:
4 Wii Controllers
4 rubber controller cases
3 wired nun-chucks, one with rubber casing, One LIMITED edition Nyko Black wireless nun-chuck
1 wired sensor bar, and 1 Nyko Wireless sensor bar(they aork very well together)
1 Case for NES style Wii games(it holds the controll horizontaly)
2 Game-cube controllers
1 component cable(also comes with the normal A/V cables)
2 Classic Controllers
1 Nyko Dual Battery Charger(notice the controller thats upside down, there is one other with that battery pack) saves a ton of money in AA's.:) Also still has the original contorller backs.
Also Comes with Naki World G-pak Travel/storage case.

Games:
Games Pictured:
Wii Sports
Call of Duty 3
Sonic and the Secret of the Rings
Medal of Honor Vanguard
Elebits
TMNT
Metal Slug Anthology
Wii Play
ADDED 4/20/09-1:37EST
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
GT Pro Series
The Godfather: Black-hand Edition

Virtual Console Games:
F-Zero
Donkey Kong
Golden Axe
Sonic the Hedgehog
Toe Jam & Earl
Dungeon Explorer
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Super Castlevania IV
Super Mario Bros.
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
Military Madness
Comix Zone
Super Mario World
Gain Ground
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
New Adventure Island
Streets of Rage
Super Ghouls n' Ghosts
Sword of Vermilion
Beyond Oasis
Splatterhouse
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV Wall of Fire
Star Fox 64
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
Virtua Fighter 2
Streets of Rage 2
Kid Chameleon
ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron
Lode Runner
World Sports Competition
Bloody Wolf
Super Mario Bros. 2
Yoshi
World Class Baseball
Kirby's Avalanche
Streets of Rage 3

Game-Cube Games:
Monster Jam
Metroid: Echos

Over 40+ other games are not listed, there are two spindles of games.

THIS LISTING IS FOR SERIOUS GAMERS ONLY!!! HAS ALL HOMEBREW DISCS, and is already installed.

$1200 for a Wii with homebrew installed and a bunch of burned games?! IN FOR 10!

And how much do you want to bet the VC is hacked stuff too?

I say "meh". I paid $20 a couple of months ago for a clear GBA (original, not SP), some light/magnifier attached to it, and a dozen GOOD GBA games including a complete Breath of Fire 2 (the main reason I jumped on the deal). Games included Super Mario Advance 3 or 4 (the Super Mario World one), BofF 2 complete, Advance Wars 1 complete, one of the Fire Emblems, Metroid Fusion, some Japanese 38 in 1 cart, and some other games I can't remember now.

Didn't have to drive very far from my office to get it, either.

Man, reading throught the posts, you've scored a lot of sweet deals, I just started looking on CL so hopefully I can find some too

I haven't purchased it yet, supposed to today, so we'll see

sega genesis-/nintendo - $70 (milwaukee area)

Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-04-22, 10:03PM CDT

sega-/nintendo games& controllers for sale all you see here.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3pc3o33laZZZZZZZZZ94mce0f49fe818b1f0f.jpg
3n93k63mfZZZZZZZZZ94m29b8972ab560181c.jpg

C'mon man $70????? I'll give him $10

Here's a winner! People just post up shit with no idea of it's value!

DREAM CAST CONSOLE - $185

Originial dream cast with two remotes. Memory pack included. Enclosed games are 18 Wheeler, Crazy Taxi, NBA 2K1, NFL 2KI, and SOUL CALIBER!. Call 978-886-0023 if interested. Calls will not be accepted after 8:00PM . Thank you.

http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/ele/1136192290.html

------------

I'll call you at 12 AM. Thanks.

also is it me or are all these disguises for dealers??? I've been seeing a lot of these lately

wanted nes systems n 64 super nintendo games and systems (airport)

Date: 2009-04-23, 6:23AM CDT

want to get these old school systems and games if someone has any there not using and want to get some cash i will buy them resonable prices some people want what they paid for them trying to get some fun games mario ones for my little guy hes 5 thank you for looking

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1135964353

Not Stupid.....but WTF?????? A great gift??

Handcrafted Scale Miniature Casket - $35 (Hales Corners & Milwaukee)

Date: 2009-04-15, 9:25PM CDT

This is for a scale model hardwood casket. The scale on the casket is 1 inch equals 1 foot. The casket is a Cherry hardwood, full couch, stationery bar, state casket. Full couch means the lid opens up completely rather than having a split cover that opens in half. State casket means the corners of the casket are 90 degree angles as opposed to rounded or urn shaped. See the pictures which show different views of this handmade casket. Do not miss out on your chance to own this exquisite piece of craftsmanship. This would make a great gift for any funeral director, embalmer, apprentice, mortuary or funeral service student, casket distributor, or anyone else in the death care profession. This particular casket is designed to hold a pen and pencil set (not included).

$35 FIRM (Add $6.99 if you prefer the item be shipped to your address. PAYPAL is required for any and all shipments!)

I accept cash, money orders, or credit/debit card through a valid PAYPAL account. If you choose PAYPAL I will send an invoice to your account so you have a valid record of the transaction.

To see my other listings type FDGamer in the search box.

3n03k53p1ZZZZZZZZZ94f6849877817181cc0.jpg
3k53pd3odZZZZZZZZZ94fdc0731bd7aff1b6f.jpg
3n83k43o5ZZZZZZZZZ94fd38154495dca1dc1.jpg

[quote name='Shiroh30']Not Stupid.....but WTF?????? A great gift??[/quote]

Hey, that IS a great gift...perfect for all your most hated enemies.

Just send it along with a touching, personal note like "DIE DIE DIE I HOPE YOU DIE" or "Hope to see you in one of these soon"

RE: SNES GAMES AND SYSTEMS

Are you smoking crack? $75 for a Siper Nintendo system with 3 games? $30 for 1 Mario game? You have got to be high or something. You can buy a used XBox or PS2 for under $50, and used games for them for as low as $2 each. SNES is not an antique so you are definately on some kind of good drugs if you think you are gonna get that much for that peice of crap

http://nh.craigslist.org/tag/1136262886.html

lol I didn't write this one but I agree. Alot of people out there think this stuff is like gold. With all rarer games excluded of course. When someone sees all these $175 NES systems they think in their mind, "hey! I have one of those in the basement. I'm gonna see if I can get at least $250 for it". Neverending cycle.

I had one guy try to dump an NES with alot of common games on me for $250. The rarest game he had was Bubble Bobble out of the whole lot. (not boxed). He says that's how much an NES goes for on ebay. Really? $250 for an NES with a bunch of mario/duck hunts and karate/track carts?

[quote name='karkyco']:drool:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ele/1135509972.html

super nintendo!! - $10 (los angeles)
Date: 2009-04-22, 5:24PM PDT

im selling Super Nintendo Games for $10 each firm and also a super nintendo controller just for $15 firm:

NHLPA Hockey

Big Hurt "baseball game"

Bill Laimbeer's combat basketball

Uniracers

If you interested in any of the games let me know at [email protected], thank you[/quote]

See this is what I'm talking about.. for CAGs, this seems like a high price... but I'm $10 for a video game seems reasonable for people not in the know.

See this is what I'm talking about.. for CAGs, this seems like a high price... but I'm $10 for a video game seems reasonable for people not in the know.

But would you pay $10 for any one of THESE games? These specific games aren't worth anything

In Related News: Looks like the "fever" didn't quite happen for the DSi. I am seeing plenty of ads on CL for $160 for "sealed in box." .... I feel like emailing them and saying I can get it for $140 delivered from ebay! Hey, they would say the same thing if the reverse was true.

A question:
Is the DS Lite really holding it's value that well? I see them still going for over $100 USED.

The DSi hasn't been scalped at all over here. I wonder what's the reason. I haven't seen a single NIB DSi post at all. I only seen 1 and the ad expired already.

Maybe nobody's scalping because of the economy.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/tag/1137769885.html

Um no.. at this point this price is to much for what he/she offers especially when you can find them anywhere now....

I sold mine for $450 when it was still hell to find one and mine had 6 games, 2 wii motes and nun-chucks,classic controller,GC controller/Memory card,6 games from the VC and like 1200 pts still good for the VC... If anything back then I ripped myself off but I hated the thing and just tried to get my money back.

[quote name='CL-Insanity']In Related News: Looks like the "fever" didn't quite happen for the DSi. I am seeing plenty of ads on CL for $160 for "sealed in box." .... I feel like emailing them and saying I can get it for $140 delivered from ebay! Hey, they would say the same thing if the reverse was true.

A question:
Is the DS Lite really holding it's value that well? I see them still going for over $100 USED.
[/quote]

Its all about the BC and companies should know that by now.. if they had the GBA slot on there it would of sold like hotcakes....

Now its $40 more then a DS Lite and they took away the ability to play 100's of GBA titles and put on some tacky ideas to basically compete with the i-phones etc and anything sony may have up there sleeve with the PSP...

I think they tried the same approach they used and got away with when it came to the wii but this time it did not fool everyone :)

http://madison.craigslist.org/ele/1137785299.html

original Nitendo system (madison,wi)

Reply to: [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-04-24, 9:19AM CDT

The NES system with one controller and tv hook-ups 180.00

(2) freedom sticks 20.00 a piece

(1) gun 20.00

Games: with books

The legend of Zelda(gold) 20.00
The legend of link(gold) 15.00
Hogans alley 10.00
DR Mario 15.00
Rush'n attack 3.00
Tetris 10.00
Anticipation 7.00
Clash at Demonhead 3.00
The chessmaster 2.00
Gotcha 3.00
Bases loaded 1.00
Dragon Warrior 2.00
Flaxanday 3.00
Iron tank 4.00
legacy of Wizard 1.00
Metal Gear 6.00
Rambo 6.00
Duck Hunt 8.00

please email or call 608-xxxxxx leave a message

A real bargain...

[quote name='CL-Insanity']In Related News: Looks like the "fever" didn't quite happen for the DSi. I am seeing plenty of ads on CL for $160 for "sealed in box." .... I feel like emailing them and saying I can get it for $140 delivered from ebay! Hey, they would say the same thing if the reverse was true.

A question:
[/quote]

$140 shipped? Last I checked it was around $160.00 shipped. That was like two weeks ago. Did it really drop that much?

[quote name='CL-Insanity']Is the DS Lite really holding it's value that well? I see them still going for over $100 USED.[/QUOTE]
The white and pink Lite in particular are worth that much since they have been out of production for a while. I was offered $120 for my white Lite, but at the last second I decided the DSi was a waste of time and returned it while keeping my Lite.

[quote name='PhrostByte']See this is what I'm talking about.. for CAGs, this seems like a high price... but I'm $10 for a video game seems reasonable for people not in the know.[/quote]

Did you look at the list of the games? Crappy SNES sports games. It's not as if the guy is offering 1st party SNES games, even the most common ones, for $10 a piece. He's asking 10 TIMES a reasonable value for them.

[quote name='karkyco']http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/tag/1133240622.html

Some helpful advice for actually getting your video games sold here (free advice-ville)

Here are some helpful hints for some sellers on here that may not be clued in to the realities of the value of the goods they are trying to sell, specifically video games and video game systems.

This advice is certainly not comprehensive nor does it cover every game, game system, and situation, but for the most part it holds true.

The easiest way to tell if you've set your asking price too high is if you get no responses to your ad after 1 week, or if the few responses you get are scammers asking you to ship your stuff. Sometimes, you might even get someone who emails you to tell you your prices are way too high, or who strings you along basically just to screw with you for the same reason (high prices).

The easiest way to tell if you've set your asking price too low is if you get flooded with calls or emails about a certain item. This is especially true if you put up for sale a lot of games, and a bunch of people email and/or call you and these people all request only the same game or games. They are trying to cherrypick the good ones and leave you with the crap. Or if you get a flood of people trying to buy the entire lot you're selling for the asking price or offering a bit more, then you know you've got something hot that you should research a bit more.

That said, this is NOT ebay. This is craigslist, the online swapmeet/garage sale. People generally expect things to be discounted from eBay prices, since you as a seller are most often getting straight cash for the transaction and don't have to deal with the hassles of packaging and shipping the items or the exorbitant ebay/paypal fees. In other words, DO NOT EXPECT EBAY PRICES/VALUES ON CRAIGSLIST, IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THAT, PUT YOUR SHIT ON EBAY.

People on here are generally not (too) stupid. So don't try to scam people. Be upfront about the condition of the stuff you are selling, and ask a reasonable price and it will be sold. On the same token, don't be a rude lowballer and insult the sellers.

Now, on to the videogame specific advice.

#1. The Nintendo Gamecube. Nintendo Gamecubes are next to worthless, since the Nintendo Wii is fully backwards compatible. Every Gamestop in the country has a ton of used Gamecubes that they can't sell at $30 a piece (and yes that includes all the cables and a controller), so what makes you think yours is special and worth $50, $60, or even $120??? Sure, there are a handful of games for the system that are actually worth some money, as well as a couple of the accessories that are worth some decent coin, but for the most part, the system and the games are just about worthless. Don't believe me? Take your used Gamecube games to any Gamestop and see what they'll give you for them. And check their used gamecube game prices. Most are under $10, and very very few are over $20. No, I'm not going to give you a list of the games and accessories that are worth $$$, do your own research.

#2. The Playstation 2. The old PS2 "phat" systems are not worth much, because they are far less reliable than the newer slim ones. And brand new slim PS2s are available for $99 retail at every place that sells video games (even less on sale here and there, on amazon, etc.), so don't go asking $120, $150 or more for your system and a couple or even a bunch of shitty games. Not many of the games are worth much money. Again, check Gamestop.

#3. Old XBoxes are pretty worthless, along with most of the games for the system. Gamestop doesn't even bother buying old XBox games any more - they're trying to clear their inventory out. Most of the games are under $10 or even $5.

#4. Older systems' games and consoles. Like virtually all electronics, outdated videogames and videogame systems lose value and depreciate faster than a new car driven off the car lot. With newer and more technologically advanced games constantly being created, new games are already outdated a couple of weeks after they are released. VERY few old games hold up well with the passing of time. VERY few old games are actually worth any sort of money, particularly since each and every game from the Nintendo NES, SNES, Sega Master System, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Game Gear, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Sony Playstation PS1, Nintendo 64, Sega CD, Sega 32X, Turbografx etc. is available for emulation. Hell, I can put just about every game released until 1999 on my PSP's memory stick and play them all portably.

That's not to say ALL old games are worthless, some are actually worth very good money. And there are many websites out there to help a person find out which ones are worth $$$ and the majority of which are not worth much at all. Amazon marketplace and eBay completed transactions help with defining pricing, but there are sites like rarityguide and videogamepricecharts which are far more accurate and useful.

For the most part, old Atari, NES, and Master System games are worth at best $.25-$2.00 each, or less, when bought in bulk. Many of these games' connector pins and circuit boards have rotted and are no longer playable. SNES, Genesis, PS1 games are also worth very little individually. Of course it all depends on condition of the games, whether the games are complete or not, conditions of manuals, cases, boxes, etc., but generally these old games are only worth $.50 to a few dollars individually. Consoles are generally cheap and easy to find. Boxed/complete NESes, SNESes, Genesis etc. are NOT rare. And sports games over a year old are for the most part WORTHLESS.

$5. Selling bundles of games without LISTING THE INDIVIDUAL GAMES YOU ARE SELLING. Most people won't waste their time coming out to see your games if you don't bother telling them exactly which games you have. Just be upfront and list the games in your ad - it doesn't take that much time. Otherwise, people will realize that the game bundle you have is crap and won't waste their time. But if you price it right and are upfront in advance, you will get it sold.[/quote]

The overpricing brain-dead moron fuck heads flagged it because they KNOW this is all true. :bomb:

Now this is somebody who wouldn't end up in this thread but at least has a chance of selling these....I wouldn't buy it, but it's the total opposite of most of the listings you see in this thread.... but pricing them at about a dollar game is right on....maybe somebody will give her $10

19 Playstation 2 GAMES LOT NFL NBA ESPN MADDEN - $20 (West Allis)

Date: 2009-04-24, 12:34PM CDT

19 Playstation 2 GAMES LOT a Sports fan's dream!....19 game lot of used PLAYSTAION 2 GAMES all in cases,most have the game instructions. games are: ESPN Football, ESPN 2K5, NFL 2K3, NFL 2K2, Madden 2004, Madden 2003, NCAA Football 2005, NCAA FOOTBALL 2003, NCAA Football 2004, High Heat Major Leauge Baseball 2002, All Star Baseball 2002, March Madness 2002, NCAA Final Four 2001, NBA LIVE 2001, NBA 2K2, NBA shootout 2003, NHL 2001, Dead to Rights, Tony Hawk's Proskater 4 ASKING $20.00 FOR THE whole LOT

Located near State Fair Park in West Allis. Jenny 414-507-xxxx

3n23k13o5ZZZZZZZZZ94oc2c048f883431f46.jpg
3kd3m73pfZZZZZZZZZ94o13223740a3871bf6.jpg
3k93p73l3ZZZZZZZZZ94oc798a5d8edff1060.jpg

PostingID: 1138147679

[quote name='Shiroh30']Did you post it in your local Craigslist YeOldMario? Or are you and Karkyrco from the same area?[/quote]

I'm in LA, he's in Boston I think. That one was posted in my LA craigslist and was flagged down.

[quote name='Shiroh30']But would you pay $10 for any one of THESE games? These specific games aren't worth anything[/QUOTE]

That's not really a relevant question. I'm a CAG, of course I wouldn't pay for those games. Actually I wouldn't pay for any non-HD games nowadays... but Joe Q. Public might rightfully assume that $10 is a good price for a game, especially when new games cost $60 or more + tax.

are you guys that dense? look at the picture of the 'ps4'. worst shoop ever. and i can tell, having seen a number of shoops in my day.

[quote name='jimjom']are you guys that dense? look at the picture of the 'ps4'. worst shoop ever. and i can tell, having seen a number of shoops in my day.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking to the people who post in this thread? Who exactly are you addressing? Of course we're not that dense. Also, the word is "shop", not "shoop".

I would have bought that PS2 lot if I still had a PS2. :bouncy:

its 'shoop', and i am aware of the context pertaining to photo'shop'. i hail from netherregions of the internet i care not to mention here. but seriously, i can't figure out if that is a joke or a 'geniune' scam. lol.

in particular i was referring to the comment by zenithyoda.

That's not really a relevant question. I'm a CAG, of course I wouldn't pay for those games. Actually I wouldn't pay for any non-HD games nowadays... but Joe Q. Public might rightfully assume that $10 is a good price for a game, especially when new games cost $60 or more + tax.

How is that not relevant? Well I guess I don't know what exactly you were trying to say with this:

but I'm $10 for a video game seems reasonable for people not in the know.

either way, I don't think "people not in the know" would be looking for 15+ year old SNES games like in the listing. Like Karkyco stated...

Did you look at the list of the games? Crappy SNES sports games. It's not as if the guy is offering 1st party SNES games, even the most common ones, for $10 a piece. He's asking 10 TIMES a reasonable value for them.

As far as this goes......

but Joe Q. Public might rightfully assume that $10 is a good price for a game, especially when new games cost $60 or more + tax.

huh? What do old generation $10 games have to do with this generation $60 games? I don't get it...It's like saying "why spend $30+ on a Blu-ray movie when I can find a VHS movie for $5" and call that a good price. And in comparison to these SNES titles...you'd be paying $5 something like Buns of Steel on VHS

but Joe Q. Public might rightfully assume that $10 is a good price for a game, especially when new games cost $60 or more + tax.

I understand what you are saying if this person was selling games like, the Simpsons, Blitz II, mercs 2, etc. for the 360/PS3, but these are 15+ year old crap SNES games

I don't think you get it.. there's a lot of people out there who aren't looking for the latest and greatest. Plenty of folks are just trying to get a couple games to shut their kids up. The CAG-type of video game consumer is in the minority.

http://quadcities.craigslist.org/ele/1094587336.html

A RARE ONE OF A KIND PINK DS 250 DOLLARS

i have a pink blinged out nintendo ds lite its one of a kind can get it anywhere else i want 250 or best offer.Names Alexis you can contact me at 309-912-1451 text or call and my email is [email protected]

3ne3pe3lbZZZZZZZZZ93r4f99b3eecc731cd1.jpg
3n03mb3lfZZZZZZZZZ93reaffdbe267c21055.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

That's right people! For a mere 150 dollars extra, you too can have a bedazzled DS!

I don't think you get the specific post that Karkyco put up.....

NHLPA Hockey

Big Hurt "baseball game"

and your response to said post.....

Your response to this post seems to imply that it shouldn't be posted here under craigslist stupidity....I meanam I wrong? Am I missing something? If I am guys, let me know so we can get back to posting other shit that us "CAG's" think is stupidly overpriced... for this specific post I agree it is stupidly overpriced. I get where you're coming from...although I wouldn't buy games to "get my kids to shut up" ( i would rather take them to the park or a walk for some ice cream.....and i have three kids; 7, 3, and 8 months....and another on the way), but i do have most of the old school systems and actively buy old games...matter of fact, i just aquired a dreamcast in a trade yesterday.... I wouldn't say I got a great deal on it (traded for a brand new SR2:CE and a inter cooler fan for the DC with 2 controllers, fishing pole and about 30 games....some notable....some worth nothing, but to me it was worth it for me and my kids to enjoy it...i only payed $25 for SR2:CE anyways), but who in their shaq-fukin mind would pay $10 each for this:

NHLPA Hockey

Big Hurt "baseball game"

I left out uni-racers.....because maybe, just maybe some parent out there will buy to get their kids to shut the fuck up!

again I get what you're saying, IF and only IF this guy was selling shit like Super Mario Land, yoshi's island , super mario all-stars, you know shit that catch the kids attention get them to shut the fuck up and keep them glued to the t.v......but YOU responded to THIS specific ad.....c'mon, seriously, what kid is going to be attracted to Bill Lambeer's shitty graphic sport game....if I did that to my seven year old....she'd get up and never play a video game again...

[quote name='Doomstink']$140 shipped? Last I checked it was around $160.00 shipped. That was like two weeks ago. Did it really drop that much?[/quote]

YES!!!! You have to be a CAG.... but you can get it for $140 SHIPPED. I was at WallyWorld last night and there were plenty of them. They are now even bundling them with 1-2 games for $160. I am coming to believe that the DSi isn't scarce; it's a flop.

NES with 90 games for sale $1200 - $1200 (tempe)
Date: 2009-04-25, 4:58AM MST

I have a nes great condition with 4 controllers and 90 games all for $1,200 It is a great collection of nes games like TMNT tournament fighter, Ducktales 2, mega man 1-6, chip and dale rescue rangers 2, ninja gaiden 1-3, castlevania 1-3, Super mario bros 1-3, contra 1-2, mike tysons punch out, excitebike, legend of zelda 1-2 and many more.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/tag/1139247707.html

$1200?? Jesus.... I am hoping it was a mistake and it is just 120.....

bread's done
Back