Madden 2006
Madden 2007
Madden 2009
All 3 Games for XBOX 360 Console $100.00
No? How about this.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/vgm/1455763599.html
Madden 2004
MVP Baseball 2004
NBA Live 2003 with BONUS EA Sports Trax Cd Included (RARE)
All 3 are for the Playstation
$50
Ok, one more.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/vgm/1455749752.html
All 8 Games for $160.00
or
$20.00 per game

Madden 2006
NBA Ballers
Madden 2005
HALO
Major League Baseball 2K5
ESPN NBA 2K5
ESPN College Hoops 2K5
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

[quote name='rusty']360 Modern Warfare 2 Prestige for ONLY $220? What a deal :)

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/vgm/1458321270.html[/QUOTE]

WOW, that's cheap, compare to what this person wants:

COD: Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition - $400 (Portland NE )
Date: 2009-11-09, 3:21PM PST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

We pre-Ordered 2 for the Midnight release tonight..
Selling 1 for $400.00 CASH!!
e-mail me if your interested.

LOL I just put up about 8 ps3 games with varying prices..

So I get this email

I'll offer $125.00 for the lot I'll need address and zip code for map quest

what a moron

oh and here are the games

Resistance 2 Collectors edition
Dead Space
Brutal Legend
Borderlands
Batman Arkham Asylum
Wet
Grand Theft Auto 4 CE
Chronicles of Riddick Assault on dark athena

There's some decent stuff in there and way more than 125 bucks ROFL. That's not even Gamestop prices. I can get more than that from them

Sounds like a real winner. He lowballs you and asks for your address in the same sentence? Must be a real gracious, friendly and humble person, not at all self-serving or condescending.

Did you respond or just ignore him?

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Sounds like a real winner. He lowballs you and asks for your address in the same sentence? Must be a real gracious, friendly and humble person, not at all self-serving or condescending.

Did you respond or just ignore him?[/QUOTE]

I usually just ignore so they can't get my email address to bug me

[quote name='dmdragon']LOL I just put up about 8 ps3 games with varying prices..

So I get this email

what a moron

Dead Space
Brutal Legend
Borderlands
Batman Arkham Asylum
Wet
Grand Theft Auto 4 CE

There's some decent stuff in there and way more than 125 bucks ROFL. That's not even Gamestop prices. I can get more than that from them[/QUOTE]

He could have offered $200 at least. Sheesh. At least you might have responded to him had that been his starting point, I'd imagine. What's your asking price? $225-250?

[quote name='dmdragon']LOL I just put up about 8 ps3 games with varying prices..

So I get this email

what a moron

Dead Space
Brutal Legend
Borderlands
Batman Arkham Asylum
Wet
Grand Theft Auto 4 CE

There's some decent stuff in there and way more than 125 bucks ROFL. That's not even Gamestop prices. I can get more than that from them[/QUOTE]

Time to send him to the ghetto...

Create a throwaway email addy and send him a response with a "whoops" typo for your address. Preferably to a crackhouse or gang den, and tell him you won't be there until 10 pm or later tonight.

"I figure it's worth about $250-$300"

Errrr, not so much...(although I did notice Night Trap for Sega CD, might have to see if I can get that out of him for cheap)

But it does include SUPPER MONICO, A SUPPER NINTENDO with SUPPER MARIO WORLD, SUPPER MARIO KART, AND SUPPER STREET FIGHTER 2.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/vgm/1461186366.html
SNES, SEGA, SEGA CD (SAN PEDRO)

Date: 2009-11-11, 8:55AM PST

WELL I HAVE A GREAT COLLECTION WITCH INCLUDE A SEGA GENESIS WITH GAMES: 1) SONIC 2 2) ALEX KID 3) TAIL SPIN 4) RISK 5) SUPPER MONICO 6) GOLDEN AX 7) ALTERED BEAST 8) LOTIS 2 9) KAWISAKI RACING. ALSO A SEGA CD WITH 4 GAMES: 1) NIGHT TRAP 2) LETHAL ENFORCERS (WITH GUN) 3) GROUND ZERO 4) SEWER SHARK. ALSO I HAVE A SUPPER NINTENDO WITH 6 GAMES: 1) SUPPER MARIO WORLD. 2) SUPPER MARIO WORLD 2 YOSHI'S ISLAND 3) SUPPER MARIO KART 4) DONKY KONG COUNTRY 5) SUPPER STREET FIGHTER 2 6) MORTAL KOMBAT 3 SO THAT'S WHAT I HAVE I FIGURE ITS WORTH ABOUT $250 - $300 WILLING TO TAKE CASH BUT I REALLY WANT TO TRADE TELL ME WHAT YOU HAVE??????????????????????

LOL...some storeowner got told off for his spam posts and ridiculous claims, and he didn't like it...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/vgm/1461403754.html

RE: RE: Spudic's garbage and spam empire (Spudic's = trash n lies) (Spudic's Movie Empire)

Date: 2009-11-11, 10:46AM PST

The following post is pure harassment. I see that you posted anonymously. One side of me wants to file a police report. The other side of me wants to deliver a size-10 boot to your head(picture attached).

I want to say that if you seriously think you can walk into a game store and buy Earthbound for $10, you are living in a pipedream. If you think you can go to Gamedude and purchase Chrono Trigger for $5, you are living in a fantasy world. If you believe you can go to Amoeba and buy The Legend of Billie Jean for $3, you have a lot to learn, son.

I have a challenge for you. I welcome you to my store for a one-on-one fight. If I win, you will post a public apology here on Craigslist. If you win, I'll put super expensive & rare games/movies in my store for dirt-cheap.

Sincerely,

Eric Spudic

-------------------------
Don't know how many people here were suckered into shlepping into the Valley to this assclown Spudic's little hole in the wall in Van Nuys that he is constantly spamming the boards about, but don't be fooled by his ridiculous claims of incredibly rare, out of print movies, games, etc. being available at his dump, all for a pittance.

Any game, VHS, DVD etc. that is remotely valuable, he doesn't have available in the store, despite often posting such titles in his far too frequent spamming ads. Sure, he might actually have them, but they are going on eBay only no doubt.

Plus, with this ridiculous claim of "we can get any rare game movie blah blah blah ONLY IF you come down to the store and fill out some sheet", he is getting YOU to do the research work on what is valuable, rare, etc. for him! Do you honestly think you're going to be getting, say, a copy of Earthbound on the SNES for $10? Valkyrie Profile or Suikoden 2 on the PS1 for $10 each? Dude just wants you to waste your time and gas driving down to his store only to have worthless 10 year old sports games pushed on you, crappy bargain bin DVDs, VHS, etc., all the while you are telling him what is actually valuable.

Dude has NOTHING BUT TRASH. Don't waste your time like I did...and FLAG his SPAM!

[quote name='Porksta']Ah, it seems the PS3 CoDMW2PE sellers are active. Some for $230, most for $250.[/QUOTE]

I am about to have mine "dropped off" for only $300. Wish me luck!!!:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Did something happen recently that got a lot of 360's banned from live? Maybe some sort of issue with MW2 that caused it is all I can think of. Until this day I have never seen a post on CL selling a banned 360. Tonight there are 4 alone for this day. WTF

HOLY SHIT.. I just looked around and MS did fuck up the piraters and made it so that the program that stealth checks them to make them playable on live doesn't work on MW2 so people are getting banned left and right ROFL

fucking a microsoft... slick move and more power to ya lol

I HAVE FOR SALE...

CALL OF DUTY 5: world at war
HALO 3
LOST PLANET: (fighting game)
MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE + FORZA STREET RACING
CALL OF DUTY 4: modern warfare
MLB 2K6
NHL 2007
NHL 2008

make offers on all of them but hurry because they wont last... whoever makes the highest reasonable bid will get the games they will be sold individually
all together for $199.99 this is a deal all of these games sell for well over $50.00 a piece please text me at 614-557-6018 REASONABLE OFFERS ONLY PLEASE
WILL CONSIDER TRADES

ROFL... how about not 1 of those games sells for 50 dollars or even half that for that matter.

And Lost planet a fighting game? Does this guy even play the games he sells?

[quote name='dmdragon']Did something happen recently that got a lot of 360's banned from live? Maybe some sort of issue with MW2 that caused it is all I can think of. Until this day I have never seen a post on CL selling a banned 360. Tonight there are 4 alone for this day. WTF

HOLY SHIT.. I just looked around and MS did fuck up the piraters and made it so that the program that stealth checks them to make them playable on live doesn't work on MW2 so people are getting banned left and right ROFL

fucking a microsoft... slick move and more power to ya lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah, crazy amounts of banned 360's trying to be sold. Atleast some are stating that they are indeed banned and not trying to trick people with a 'great deal'

CNET: Craigslist brimming with banned, 'modded' Xboxes

Picture_6_610x501.png

There are literally hundreds of banned Xboxes for sale on Craigslist right now in the wake of a decision by Microsoft to kick as many as a million players off of Xbox Live for illegally modifying their consoles to play pirated games.
(Credit: Daniel Terdiman/CNET)

Update (5:45 pm): This story now includes a statement from Microsoft.

Want an Xbox 360 but don't care about playing online or taking part in any of the Xbox Live services? Then this is your lucky day.

Thanks to a recent decision by Microsoft to ban as many as a million players from Xbox Live for illegally modifying their consoles to run pirated games, there is now an absolute glut of "modded" Xboxes for sale on Craigslist.

And while a brand-new Xbox Arcade--the lowest-price version of the console--sells for $200 with no free games, it is now possible to spend as little as $100 for a used, modded Xbox that comes with a slew of hit titles. You just have to be willing to give up using Xbox Live and be OK with your new game collection including mainly pirated titles.

Running a search for "modded Xbox" on Craigslist's Bay Area site returned 35 listings from the past three days. A similar search on New York Craigslist resulted in 87 listings. And dozens and dozens more are for sale on other local Craigslist sites.

One listing promised a "banned/modded" Xbox 360 with a 20 gigabyte hard drive; 20 HD movies; and 13 games including Madden 2010, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, NBA 2K10, and others.

"Everything works perfectly," the ad reads. "The 360 was treated better than I treat most people."

The ad also reminded potential buyers that, "since the console is banned, you will not be able to connect to the Xbox Live service. Therefore, this posting is for those of you who don't care if you can play online or not."

One Craigslist poster named Danny Cuccovia, a 22-year-old student from West Valley College in Saratoga, Calif., was actually looking to buy a modded Xbox 360, and despite the incredible deals available right now, wasn't interested in one that couldn't get him onto Xbox Live.

A gamer looking to potentially go pro, Cuccovia suggested that modded Xboxes are great because there is no end to the supply of pirated games and that sellers of those games put very realistic-looking labels on them.

He also said he was sure that many of the people selling their banned Xboxes on Craigslist were doing so because they want to get a new one.

That was certainly the case with Kevin, a 29-year-old from Manhattan's East Village who logged into Xbox Live a few days ago only to discover the bad news about his console.

"I logged in, tried to play a game online, and it said I had been banned from the service for violating the terms of service," Kevin, who wouldn't give his last name, said. "I cursed, put my controller down, cursed Microsoft, and then bought another Xbox."

But even though he bought another used console that was advertised as being unmodified, Kevin said that when he tried to log on to Xbox Live, he quickly discovered he'd been cheated: the new device had been banned, too. So on Tuesday, he bought another one.

"If you're interested in a modded Xbox," he said, "I've got one for you."

Interestingly, Kevin and another New Yorker with a banned Xbox, 16-year-old Muhummad Sheikh, both said that the ban seemed to apply only to the console and not to their Xbox Live accounts.

Kevin said that his account still works, and that he was able to keep all his achievements, but he lost all the saved games. "They've done something funny," he said. "They call it a corrupted profile."

For sellers like Kevin, the rush to sell their banned Xboxes in order to buy a new one is pitting them against dozens, if not hundreds of people in the same boat. That means that getting the price they want is going to be near impossible. Kevin said that he had originally asked for $175--with an available legitimate copy of Rock Band for an additional $50--but has now dropped his price to $150. And still he has no bites.

"Someone (offered to) buy it for $100," Kevin said, "but I haven't capitulated yet."

In a statement issued late Wednesday to CNET News, Microsoft suggested that players who buy used Xboxes should beware that the company doesn't necessarily stand behind the consoles.

"If you purchase a modified console second-hand, the warranty is not transferable and the purchaser assumes the risk for any previous modifications," the Microsoft statement said. "If you purchase a console that has been previously banned, you will not be able to connect to (Xbox) Live."

To Kevin, the fact that the consoles have been banned but players' accounts still work smells a little fishy since that means if someone buys a new Xbox, they'll be able to get right back into their Xbox Live account and pick up, more or less, where they left off. And that could well mean that for the Xbox Live obsessed, there's no choice but to buy a brand-new machine, especially since many of the other consoles for sale on Craigslist right now have also been banned.

"Well, the holidays are around the corner," Kevin said. "They know what they're doing when it comes to making money."
Daniel Terdiman is a staff writer at CNET News covering games, Net culture, and everything in between. E-mail Daniel.

MS is genius. Ban the box not the account. These addicts will go and buy a new one, likely wait until MS's fix is "fixed" on their end and then mod it again, then MS 2 months later can ban them again. MS is much smarter than people think they are.

in chicago craigslist there are SO many banned 360s,

I hate seeing people selling these, and the person buying it may have no idea what that really means, some of these guys use clever wording like, "it has trouble going online". No, how about it doesn't go online at all, because you're a pirate! Yarr

Just got this on one of my ebay listings for: Pokemon Silver Version (Game Boy Color NEW SAVE BATTERY

Hi, I have a question: how did you install a new battery....my son pulled out his old Pokemon games, was playing one when the battery died, we opened it up, but looks like the battery is soldered in...thought we could replace ourselves. Radio Shack wouldn't do it and neither would a jeweler...can you help, how did you do yours? it's just a watch battery right? thxs so much, pam :O)

I am not the tech support you dumb woman, how about buying my game instead, pam?

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/ele/1463128446.html

Used Nintendo Wii with 1 controller+nunchuck and one game - $600 (Amherst/Umass)

Date: 2009-11-12, 3:25PM EST

I have a Nintendo wii that was purchased on the release day (i waited in line all night at best buy). It has many minor scuffs on the body but it is fully functional. It comes with the nintendo wii system, wiimote+nunchuck, original s-video cable, ac adaptor and last but not least a copy of wii sports(the best wii game ever). I promise you won't be dissapointed with this system. I want $600 or best offer because of how rare this system is, or i'll trade for a brand new PS3 slim that is factory sealed+ 3 brand new and sealed game just to make it and even exchange. If you have a Brand new ps3 slim i'll even consider throwing in a Wii Classic controller. If interested please email me through this ad. P.S. I will not ship due to how valuable the system is and can't afford to get scammed that's $600 down the drain. Have a good day, god bless you all.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
this is probably some CAG waiting for someone to post this on the thread...

EDIT: read over the paragraph and yeah this seems like a joke.... but whatever if its real its hilarious.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']These guys think they're all big and bad when they screw the software companies but when microsoft slams their $400 console now who's the one laughing.

http://boston.craigslist.org/search/vgm?query=banned&catAbbreviation=vgm&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

"slammin'" dude![/QUOTE]

At least they're admitting their consoles have been banned. Scanning through the list in my area, they seem to be emphasizing the "modded" part but completely quiet about the "banned" part.

Got a BlackBerry Bold 9700 the other day. I still haven't even opened it yet, so I decided to list it on CL for $700 for shits and giggles, since they're going for about $650 on eBay (they're still not available to the general public yet), and some moron who goes by "Audi" e-mails me, saying nothing but "400 cash today." :applause:

I feel like e-mailing him back and being like "sounds good to me, let's meet up in [insert random sketchy neighborhood]" just to fuck with him, but I don't want him having my e-mail.

Update: I made a junk e-mail to reply and was like "400 cash sounds great! Let's meet up ASAP," and right around the time he responded, the post was flagged for removal. Coincidence?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CL-Insanity']I am about to have mine "dropped off" for only $300. Wish me luck!!!:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I was "outted!!!!" His "friend" seen my post on this forum and sent me a terse email that had me laughing.

He called me the scammer with his overly inflated sh:cool:t... talking about he was going to use the (albeit ill gotten) money for something "serious."

fuck and I really mean that!!!

:applause:

:rofl:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/vgm/1465222307.html

!!!83 xbox360 backup games for sale!!! - $225 (santa clara)

Date: 2009-11-13, 7:21PM PST

I was recently banned for having a modified console and now I am looking to sell my backup games. I have a total of 83 different games. I am asking $225 for all of them and I will only sell them as a lot. That comes out to $2.71 per disc and that is a whole lot cheaper than it would be for you to buy these from someone individually. Most people that sell backups charge about $5 a disc! You could even sell the ones that you don't want and make some of the money back!

Contact me if interested, again 83 games $225 firm! Also you need a modified console to play these discs, I am not selling a console, just the Discs. I will include the binder that the discs are in for an additional $10.

I am charging you for the discs and the time consuming process of creating back-up games. I am not charging you money for the "game" itself, just the process and supplies it takes to make back-ups.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1465222307

[quote name='Indiana Jones']That e-mail should be posted here. :)[/QUOTE]

In another time, another def record, another jam; I would have refrained... but it is too funny that his "friend" happened to have about the same first names. I believed I have finally hit elite status. I think this "person that was going to do something (serious) with the money" goggled me to find out if I was really dumb enough to buy the overpriced :spam: .

Judge time: So, you are saying between the time your son/brother/lover/friend down the street pre-ordered this game and the 1.7 hours before he posted his ad to craigslist... little Mary/Suzy/Buffy/Bif/Leroy/Leon had troubles with his/her colon/gambling problem/law/"situation" and decided if he flipped the game by selling it to CL-Insanity it would be just enough money to make everything right with the world?

The email from his "friend" ---->

Hey,

My friend just informed me about the scam that you were trying to pull on him. Just wanted to let you know that low lifes like you should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves. You never know what people may need the money for, but I suppose that's not your concern anyways...

It's pretty dumb though, don't you think? I mean what exactly do you get out of sending someone somewhere and not showing up? If you're in Las Vegas then you wouldn't even get to see anything happen as he waited for you. Oh, and if you were going to set him up to get mugged or something more dangerous then you have some serious issues.

Just so you know, the money that he was going to get from you by selling the game was going to go to something pretty serious. What goes around comes around; and KARMA IS A BITCH!

Hope you have a nice day.

In reality, I was going to tell him to deliver it to the Walmart down the street from me in Las Vegas. Hey, "his friend", he PROMISED to deliver it .. I have the money and want to get this done... Who is the scammer now?? And speaking of KARMA, maybe that's what your "friend" just fell in... with his "let's flip this overpriced game to take care of Suzy's little "problem."

As always, fuck

bread's done
Back