Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='Derrick1979']And if im not mistaken Old Navy was tossing the game in free with $20 worth of Jean purchases on Black Friday lol...[/QUOTE]

Yup, so even with tax I can get it cheaper brand new from EVERY store out there and if it doesn't work I can return it lol

This has probably been posted before, but awesome site and should be brought up again

http://www.yousuckatcraigslist.com/

My husband just posted his first sale on Craigslist (not video games, some large household appliances we are getting rid of due to home remodel). I'm just waiting for the incoming stupid....

[quote name='dmdragon']Yup, so even with tax I can get it cheaper brand new from EVERY store out there and if it doesn't work I can return it lol

This has probably been posted before, but awesome site and should be brought up again

http://www.yousuckatcraigslist.com/[/QUOTE]
Perhaps he priced it that high because he knew people were going to lowball him anyway?

[quote name='lmz00']Perhaps he priced it that high because he knew people were going to lowball him anyway?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it

Have you seen how stupid most people are?

Well, I don't go trolling craigslist looking for ridiculous posts. However, I've had some retarded ass e-mails when I tried to sell my iMac and iPhone a while back, so I know how stupid "buyers" can be:

hello my name is cesar and i am interesting for the imac 20" bat i have 700 call me please its all money i have this is may number 347 264 892*
Please let me know if you’d consider 600. Please also confirm you bought it new and it has not been refurbished. I’m looking for a gently used machine. Thanks, Bruce
(I love how this moron actually had the nerve to ask if I'd take $300 off the price and inquire about the condition of the computer in the same e-mail.)
hi

I have the same computer

i would like to buy (for my child). unless u r prepared to nego. ...

i would give 600.00 now

Thank you.

G_
(I priced it at $900, then later reduced it to $850, before giving up and selling it for $880 on Amazon.) Those are just some of the gems I got. There was one that shits all over those, except it got deleted from my trash for being over 30 days old. :(

I bought an

Xbox elite with MRU 8/2009, Guitar Hero 5 bundle, Gears of war 2 GOTY, Halo ODST, Eternal Sonata, all for $200 about a month ago

This guy has to be one of us playing. If this guy is for real.... he should be up for "Begging Idiot of the Year"

need a ps1 or ps2 anywhere from 0 to 25 dollars. (East Vegas)

Date: 2009-11-29, 6:44PM PST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

i need a ps1 or a ps2, and I can't find one cheap on here. i will buy one for up to $30.00 i will most likely not be able to pay for it until after next Friday, but I may be able to pay for it now. I will also buy NES, SNES, game boy advance, nintendo DS, and i need consoles ONLY. if you have games I will take them for free or for 2$ or 3$ apiece.

I got an epic win on CL today. 60 bucks for L4D2 & MW2 for :360:! :applause: Mint condition guy doesn't game online so he beat the single player and wanted some money back for the games.

The only two games I really wanted this year and I got them both for less than one costs new! CL has it's issues but I have gotten some great deals there!

Someone!!! Anyone!!! Please email this fool and tell him no one is interested in his junk!!! This fool has went to Marketing 101 and advertises "One Hour Only" and such... the only problem is he's been doing it for about a month... posting with pics... without pics... just junk in a box...

Here is just one of his ads for the same junk...
video games for sale 90.00 - $90 (las vegas)

Date: 2009-11-19, 4:55PM PST

sega/dreamcast/and nintendo 64

and extras

$90.00

all pictured you get

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3md3o33p55O05Q45T79bj49159ad75b3b1e98.jpg
3n83k63lb5Q75P65S89bj81e8d6fb6dc71a74.jpg
3k63pd3l25O15Pa5R69bj61308473fa0915ea.jpg
3md3o93l25O45P35R49bj5e48ada7e82610d3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If he wants to get rid of that crap, he should at least try to make it look presentable (clean the stuff, tie the cords, etc.).

[quote name='lmz00']If he wants to get rid of that crap, he should at least try to make it look presentable (clean the stuff, tie the cords, etc.).[/QUOTE]

In other renditions of the ad, he separates it all out and then takes of picture of each of the three consoles with a bottle cap still in a big brown box.
Yeah, when I buy my junk, this is the type of guy I want to buy it from.
fuck

This might not exactly fit here but i'll go ahead anyway.

I had a set of sealed FF8 action figures i put on craigslist for $20. A woman comes and buys them "for her kids who love Final Fantasy" and that's that. A couple days later i'm cruising ebay and what do i see? She's got them posted with a starting bid of $120. A quick search of completed listings tells me she may get $40 if she's lucky.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Craigslist has been very slow lately, i hardly get calls or e-mails for anything, and i have numerous ads up.[/QUOTE]

I think people have gotten sick of the bullshit, the flakes, the constant and relentless spam, and the ridiculous asking prices. I used to find amazing deals, now everyone knows about it, the competition is fierce, and deals are nonexistent, at least on old stuff like antiques, jewelery, vintage toys and games, etc.

There are still some good deals to be had for newer games and bundles, though.

I wonder where everyone has gone to, because I haven't seen any decent competitors yet - kijiji is nonexistent in LA and chasethechuckwagon is still small...

--------------------------

Not only is this assclown selling a banned Xbox 360 Elite, he's asking $500 for the fucking thing because it comes with 20 backups that would cost "at least $30-60 at Gamestop each".

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/vgm/1491110702.html

BANNED XBOX 360 ELITE W/ 20 GAMES! FOR SALE OR TRADE! - $500 (Whittier)

Date: 2009-12-02, 2:26AM PST
Reply to: see below

hey there,

I have an xbox 360 elite w/ 120GB HDD that's modded to play backup games. I used to it play backups of my retail games I owned but I was banned for it so I purchased a new console and this one has to go.

the console is in great condition and adult owned. it has 2 scratches on the bottom from it being moved by some one but works 100% and has never failed me.

on top of that, I'm throwing in 20 games that are new or recent releases:

- WET
- Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
- Overlord 2
- Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
- Halo 3: ODST
- Halo 3: ODST Map Pack
- Godfather 2
- Madden 2010
- Velvet Assassin
- Transformers: Rise of The Fallen
- Red Faction: Guerilla
- Dead Space
- The Bigs 2
- Guitar Hero 5
- Left 4 Dead 2
- Wolfenstein
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Assassin's Creed 2
- The Beatles: Rockband

This is a great gift for kids who you don't want to play online or someone who doesn't care for online play. I've heard you can get the xbox 360 unbanned to play online but I don't have the time to look into it. it comes with all the cables needed to plus it in and one white controller.

I'm asking 500 for this great package. alone if you purchased this and all 20 games at a gamestop or gamecrazy, the xbox is 300 bucks and the games alone are 60 bucks a pop so your getting a great deal. I'm really looking to trade this for a 32GB iPhone 3Gs or a playstation 3 with a lot of GB plus cash. they have to be in mint condition and hopefully sealed so I can be the first one to turn it on and program it.

call of text me @ 562 644 0468. leave a message if I don't answer with you number. thanks

http://columbus.craigslist.org/vgm/1492190233.html

Playstation 3 (60 GB) - $600 (Grove City )
Date: 2009-12-02, 6:30PM EST

I'm selling my Playstation 3 (60 GB Collector's edition). One of the very first ones from the first ps3 launch. They don't sale these 60 gb ps3 anymore. It plays every ps1 game, every ps2 game, dvds, blue ray discs, music, videos, pictures, internet browser, facebook, playstation network, and more. I still have the original playstation 3 box with all the parts and pieces. Its still in great condition without a scratch or smudge. I'm selling it for 600 dollars because its a collector's edition. I talked to the people at Game Stop and they said people are selling these editions for 800-1000 dollars. But that seems a little to high so i'm selling it for 600.

Because 1k is too much... YOU THINK? Guess what is also too much... 600

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']LOL. 1,000? really? No employee told you that, it was the imaginary man you saw after you took a hit from your bong.[/QUOTE]

Oh they probably did honestly. However, they probably told him so that they could laugh at him when he left and then further laugh at him when they saw it posted on craigslist.. Gamestop themselves sell these for I think 300

Your boy is still at it.... added even more junk... xbox360 (probaby RROD and arcade-- no plugs, games, or controllers...)

nintendo 64 with power supply

sega w/ power 2 controlers/3 games/av

sega dreamcast w/power/game and av

xbox 360 just console

all 4 for 150.00

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3k03m73pf5O65Qa5R19c396ef07a9e814184c.jpg
3n03k83oa5Te5P75R99c3ef84998c9c8e1327.jpg
3n23m73lb5T65P15R59c3708c1f49d2a218d6.jpg
3md3p13oa5Od5P25R79c396691a36a0cf1457.jpg

[quote name='dmdragon']Oh they probably did honestly. However, they probably told him so that they could laugh at him when he left and then further laugh at him when they saw it posted on craigslist.. Gamestop themselves sell these for I think 300[/QUOTE]

Another ps3

http://nh.craigslist.org/vgm/1490688487.html

To quote the seller: "Rare as shit they got for 7-900 on Ebay(one control)all gamestop and ask them or look on ebay yourself...when i spoted this tehre was one for sale with 1 controler and 0 games for 470 dollars wtih 28 days left. No you wont find one at gamestop for cheap no one sells them tehre becouse there worth so mutch...so says teh manager of the gamestop i called."

He'll trade for a running car too!

A running car, huh? Well, instead of that, why don't I eat some bad tacos, take a bathroom break into a bag and trade him that? :rofl:

These people are insane, but its only going to get worse with everyone being broke and all.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']A running car, huh? Well, instead of that, why don't I eat some bad tacos, take a bathroom break into a bag and trade him that? :rofl:

These people are insane, but its only going to get worse with everyone being broke and all.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA, yeah...tell the guy you misread "running car" as "runny crap"...

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Another ps3

To quote the seller: "Rare as shit they got for 7-900 on Ebay(one control)all gamestop and ask them or look on ebay yourself...when i spoted this tehre was one for sale with 1 controler and 0 games for 470 dollars wtih 28 days left. No you wont find one at gamestop for cheap no one sells them tehre becouse there worth so mutch...so says teh manager of the gamestop i called."

He'll trade for a running car too![/QUOTE]

It's too bad the guy was in NH, as I just got rid of my 91 Dynasty the other day to the junk yard for $175. It had no floor left, needed brakes and a blower motor for the heat, but I'd have traded it for a PS3.:lol::lol:

I'm annoyed that some sellers list used items as BRAND NEW in their title, only to find out after clicking the ad that's it's been used a week or several months, but brand new.

[quote name='dts5000']I'm annoyed that some sellers list used items as BRAND NEW in their title, only to find out after clicking the ad that's it's been used a week or several months, but brand new.[/QUOTE]

That's the Gamestop mentality, as others have said. Apparently, some feel that if GS can get away with selling newsed games that the employees have taken home to try out, they can do it too and charge full price for them.:roll:

So does anyone remember that game store from a few months ago in this topic that was looking to buy rare/high value games, and someone claimed they stole a complete Earthbound or Chrono Trigger from some kid?

Anyway, looks like the dude's business went under, and now he's trying to unload his collection...

Unfortunately it looks like his value claims are a tad high, at least according to rarity guide. Assuming it's sealed, he's saying that Super Turrican 2 is worth over $500, when on rarity guide it's at $386 NIB...guess he's just rounding up? Every game and value he lists is at least 33% higher than rarityguide's values, assuming these are all sealed copies as he seems to claim. In some cases, like Cacoma Knights, he is way off the mark.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/vgm/1491958082.html

Rare Factory Sealed Nintendo NES, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis Lot! (Fountain Valley, CA 92708)

Date: 2009-12-02, 1:08PM PST

Thanks for looking at my Ad. I have up for sale my video game collection for Nintendo NES, Super Nintendo, Nintendo Game Boy, Sega Genesis and Sega Game Gear. All Games are Brand New Factory Sealed Original Versions(unless otherwise noted) and I have described next to each game the condition if there is damage or no vertical seam in plastic. I also am now including a separate list of my rarest/most expensive games that are valued at $ 100 dollars or more so you can get an idea of how great of a deal this is. I will put these lists on the top of the other video game lists. There will be included in this lot a combined total of 433 video games with 195 Super Nintendo Games, 82 Nintendo NES Games, 12 Nintendo Game Boy Games, 97 Sega Genesis Games and 48 Sega Game Gear Games all brand new factory sealed. I lost my job 4 months ago and am forced to sell off my entire video game and DVD collection. I have more games for other systems feel free to ask about those. I am looking to sell everything on this list for $10,000 or best offer. I am looking to sell to a reseller or collector who knows the values of these games like I do. I recently had this lot appraised with a total value of $ 30,000 dollars. I am willing to listen to offers as stated above, but am hopeful to get 10k for everything. If you have any questions or need to contact me for any reason my email address is: [email protected]. you may also reach me by phone my number is 1 (714) 925-8544. Please leave me a message if I do not answer my phone so I can call you back as soon as possible. If you need pictures feel free to ask. I am also willing to meet in person to show you the games as well. I look forward to all replies! Thanks for looking and have a great rest of the day!

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Another ps3

He'll trade for a running car too![/QUOTE]

Don't forget it's the ONLY model that is 'Reverse compatible". Does that mean it's compatible with everything BUT ps3 games?

Not craigslist related, but I managed to flip a copy of Final Fantasy 2008 (PS2) version for $125 (it only cost like $20 when I bought it). I can't believe anyone would pay that much, but whatever. I sure as hell won't miss it, especially since I also have the 360 and PC versions (that, and I haven't played it in over a year).

http://columbus.craigslist.org/vgm/1495635143.html

360 and 9 games - $700
Date: 2009-12-05, 12:46PM EST
Reply to: [Errors when replying to ads?]

xbox 360 pro with 20gb hard drive (halo edition hard drive) all cords included with 9 games. 1 guitar hero 5 2. halo 3 collecters edition 3. the bourne conspericy 4. call of duty 4 modern warfare (disk scratched badly still works though) 5. rockband 6. 007 quantum of solace 7. clive barkers jericho 8.frontlines fuels of war 9. guitar hero world tour (all instruments). This is a great system i sent it in to microsoft once for the a/v port not working and has worked ever since. The controller is white and the B button sticks a little bit (so much gears of war chainsawing ha ha). My phone # is please only call between 7-8 at night. I live in newark and will meet for pickup anywhere in newark as long as i can find it. Thank you

Ohhh a Falcon chip with 9 shitty games that at most sell for 35 bucks, at least 10, which 7 of them fit. I'LL TAKE 10.

bread's done
Back