Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

^ I hear Gamestop employees all the time (at least I used to when I happened to come across them at the malls and decided to go in) telling people to preorder because the game will be impossible to find when it comes out... even though anyone could just go across the street to another store and buy one of their 400 copies.

Hahahaha, okay, so I've got a story...

There's this guy in Green Bay trying to trade a banned 360 for a lightly used unbanned 360. So, he got screwed over, can't play on live, and wants to find some idiot to trade him their perfectly fine system for one that is banned.

His selling point? Well, people might want the benefits of a banned system! Ohhh, right, not paying for games? Mmmk... So I sent him this E-mail:

You got your 360 modded... Then, you get your system banned from Xbox Live for having it modded... And you want somebody to trade you a system that isn't banned? Is it an Elite? Are you looking to get an old 20 gig for it? I just don't think anybody is stupid enough to do a deal like that... Good luck though!

And his retort is:

Why did you reply to my posting if you had no interest? I was looking for somebody that doesn't use xbox live and might want the certain perks that come with having a banned xbox. No, it's not elite, as I stated in the add it was console only (no HDD). It's a 2 month old arcade xbox 360.

Ohhh, right... In the ad, he actually said system only (no cords or controllers)... Somebody who doesn't know much about an Xbox, who would be stupid enough to trade their 360 (god I hope there isn't anybody that stupid) might not know about the HD. They could trade their Elite for his Arcade.

Then, a few minutes later, I get this wonderful E-mail:

Ok, now that I know you're not a cop. (I researched you on google.) You seem like a pretty cool dude.
I have a shitload of games I'm willing to give up with it as well. they're back-ups but still.

I didn't want to put too much info in my craigslist ad.

Nobody likes a troll.

\m/

:roll:

Oh, I see some real winners from time to time. Trying to sell MY xbox 360, I get people who pull the old, "I am buying an xbox for my coworker's son. They are very poor and I'm trying to do something nice. Would you sell it for $100-120? I don't need any games with it."

The last one who did that I responded with...
I am unable to sell you the xbox. Not because of the price, but because of how wrong it would be to give a poor kid an xbox without games when his mother cannot afford to buy the games for him. That is cruel and unfitting for the holiday season. If you buy it for $200, I'll include the listed games with it, and we will all be happy!

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/vgm/1516703763.html
New Tony Hawk Ride XBOX360 - $200 (New Paltz)

Date: 2009-12-18, 10:26PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Have an unopened, new in the box, Tony Hawk Ride for the XBOX360. This unit is sold out for a hundred mile radius. Asking 200.00 OBO.

I keep seeing them in stores, wondering what it's like to play it. At $200, I'll never know. At $100, I'll never know :)

[quote name='Retom7']Oh, I see some real winners from time to time. Trying to sell MY xbox 360, I get people who pull the old, "I am buying an xbox for my coworker's son. They are very poor and I'm trying to do something nice. Would you sell it for $100-120? I don't need any games with it."

The last one who did that I responded with...

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/vgm/1516703763.html

I keep seeing them in stores, wondering what it's like to play it. At $200, I'll never know. At $100, I'll never know :)[/QUOTE]

The way they're making it seem, there must be one general store in their area that is all sold out of Tony Hawk Ride! I've seen them everywhere, and it's gonna suck when a bunch of kids get it for Christmas only to find out it's... Really not good at all...

[quote name='Retom7']I am unable to sell you the xbox. Not because of the price, but because of how wrong it would be to give a poor kid an xbox without games when his mother cannot afford to buy the games for him. That is cruel and unfitting for the holiday season. If you buy it for $200, I'll include the listed games with it, and we will all be happy![/QUOTE]

fucking win.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Brand new Super Mario Bros wii - $100

brand new never open hard to find in Boston. Cash only. available for x-mas

?????????????????????[/QUOTE]

sadly this is about right
this game is totally sold out everywhere
cl seems to move them at least at msrp, but ebay has the price rising

Did one of you post the response to this? :)

( PICK UP AND CASH ONLY. IF YOU CAN SEE THIS, THEN IT IS STILL FOR SALE )

CALL ME AT 425-345-1653, NATHAN

OR EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

WILLING TO TRADE FOR A 20R OR 22R MOTOR MUST BE COMPLETE AND RUNNING ( OR ANY MOTOR THAT WILL GO INTO A 77 CELICA)
THIS BOX IS BANNED FROM XBOX LIVE. BUT STILL WORKS FINE, YOU JUST CANT PLAY ONLINE.
ALSO IT CAN PLAY BACKUP GAMES.

ONLY $150

I AM SELLING:

1 XBOX 360

1 20 GB HARD DRIVE

1 WIRELESS CONTROLLER (MICROSOFT)

1 POWER BRICK AND CABLE

1 AV/COMPONENT CABLE

1 HEAD SET ( NOT SHOWN IN PICTURE )

1 20FT EATHER NET CABLE ( NOT SHOWN IN PICTURE )

3 GAMES:

1: SKATE

2: CRACKDOWN

3: QUAKE 4
Are you smoking crack? Trying to sell an xbox 360 that is banned from live and some old crappy games for $150 or a running car motor.
That is a classic crack head move. That Xbox is now pretty much worthless since you got it banned.
Look at the email you posted for yourself [email protected]
Why would anyone want to buy something from someone that stupid as yourself to have that as an email address?
Like they say "YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" and boy you are stupid!

For Sale is a NES Legend Of Zelda Gold Game cartridge. Works Great. $50. Chris 801-604-9458

Massively overprice Zelda, improperly capitalize, AND list your phone number. Smoooooth.

http://erie.craigslist.org/vgm/1497656973.html

The title makes you excited. UNTIL you read the list of games.......

-Bill Walsh College Football ’95 No/Yes/Yes Yes Note: 3 of this game. Sticker on cartridges

-Bill Walsh College Football No Yes Note: Sticker on cartridge

-Bulls VS Blazers and the NBA Playoffs No Yes Note: Sticker on cartridge
cartridge and tape on case

-Dick Vitale’s “Awesome, Baby” (LMAO) College Hoops Yes Yes Note: 3 copies. Sticker on cartridges. Writing on back of instruction manuals.

-Double Dribble: The Playoff Edition Yes Yes Note: 2 copies. Sticker on cartridge

-ESPN Sunday Night NFL Yes Yes Note: Sticker on cartridge. Tape on case

-Hard Ball ’94 Yes/Yes/Yes Yes Note: 3 of this game.

-Hard Ball ’95 Yes/Yes Yes Note: 2 of this game. Sticker on both cartridges

-Hard Ball III Yes Yes Note: Sticker on cartridge

-Joe Montana II Sports Talk Football Yes/No Yes Note: 2 of this game. Sticker on case

-John Madden Football ’92 Yes/Yes/Yes Yes Note: 3 of this game.

-LaRussa Baseball 95 No/Yes Yes Note: Sticker on cartridge

-Madden ’93 No Yes

-Madden ’94 Yes/No Yes Note: 2 of this game. Sticker on cartridge

-Madden ’96 No Yes Note: Sticker on cartridge and case

-Madden 95 Yes/Yes Yes Note: 2 of this game. Sticker on cartridge

-Mario Lemieux Hockey No Yes Note: Sticker on cartridge

-MLBPA Baseball Yes Yes Note: Sticker on all cartridges

-NBA Action’94 No Yes Note: Sticker on cartridge

-NBA Live 95 Yes Yes

-NFL Quarterback Club ’96 No Yes Note: Sticker on cartridge

-NFL Quarterback Club Yes Yes Note: Sticker on cartridge. Tape on case

-NHL ’94 Yes Yes

-NHLPA Hockey 93 Yes Yes

-Pat Riley Basketball No Yes

-Pro Quarterback No/Yes Yes Note: 3 copies. 1 copy is new, sealed. Sticker on 2 cartridges.

-R.B.I. Baseball ’93 Yes Yes Note: Sticker on cartridge

-R.B.I. Baseball ’94 Yes/Yes/Yes Yes Note: 3 of this game. Sticker on 2
cartridges

-R.B.I. Baseball 3 Yes/Yes Yes Note: 2 of this game. Sticker on one

-Roger Clemens’ Baseball Yes Yes Note: Sticker on cartridge

-Sports Talk Baseball No Yes Note: Ripped label. Sticker on cartridge

-World Series Baseball Yes Yes

Prepackaged Cartridge-Only Sega Genesis Games

-Bill Walsh College Football Note: 9 of this game

-Joe Montana Football Note: 11 of this game

-John Madden Football ‘92 Note: 6 of this game

-John Madden Football ‘93 Note: 9 of this game

-Madden ‘94 Note: 12 of this game

-Madden 95 Note: 13 of this game

-Madden 96 Note: 3 of this game

-NFL 95 Note: 8 of this game

-NFL Football ’94 Starring Joe Montana Note: 2 of this game

-NHL 94 Note: 15 of this game

-NHL 95 Note: 16 of this game

-NHL Hockey Note: 7 of this game

-NHLPA Hockey 93 Note: 10 of this game

-World Series Baseball

This isn't a single post, but in general... Is Craigslist the official website of illiteracy? Honestly, I'd have to say 8/10 posts I look at have terrible grammar and spelling... And, I don't mean to be a grammar nazi, but when you're dealing with people who want to sell items, I'm not gonna buy anything from somebody who writes like they're either twelve or only able to communicate in Ebonics...

I can't help but chuckle when someone emails me a lowball offer that's 90% less then my asking price and writes like "u tak 30 ??? i interest in tis o k tax"

[quote name='Danil ACE']Because MS corrupts any profile or gamesave used by that 360. Meaning when you try to play on a nonbanned 360, your saves won't work.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Nice try though...

I love lowball offers too. I posted an ad for a copy of Win7 Ultimate OEM that I received from a contest, and asked $160(said price is somewhat negotiable) and a guy emailed me saying "$50 cash."

I replied "$50 or $150?"

I was tempted to just reply with "LOL!"

[quote name='lmz00']I don't get why people always throw in the word "cash" after a lowball offer. How else would they pay you? Food stamps?[/QUOTE]

Check. Though I am not justifying it for small items listed on CL, but when dealing with used cars (etc) you can get away with a lower offer if you have cash vs. financing or checks.

[quote name='Vulgarism']This isn't a single post, but in general... Is Craigslist the official website of illiteracy? Honestly, I'd have to say 8/10 posts I look at have terrible grammar and spelling... And, I don't mean to be a grammar nazi, but when you're dealing with people who want to sell items, I'm not gonna buy anything from somebody who writes like they're either twelve or only able to communicate in Ebonics...[/QUOTE]

I've always looked at stuff that way, whether it be Ebay auctions, Craigslist, etc... If you cant form a coherent sentence I'm a lot less likely to purchase an item from you. If you cant take the five seconds it takes to spell check and make sure you don't sound like a complete retard, chances are you probably haven't taken care of whatever it is you're selling.

How often do you list something for sale, someone inquires about it, you respond and you never hear back from them again?

Someone did this to be one time... and then months later I recognized him immediately when he inquired about something else! So I called him out on it. Naturally he didn't respond.

Maybe we should start listing the e-mail addresses of people who do this.

Um, yeah. I always get people like that. People get all excited about it and shoot you an email and then after seeing where you are, the price, they change their minds and dissapear. I understand people change their minds. The least you can do is tell me you changed your mind so I don't wait around all day for nothing.

Chrono Trigger (Very Rare) - $200 ((obo)

Date: 2009-12-27, 12:38PM EST
Reply to: see below

Chrono Trigger is one of the most rarest games and I own it. It is the only Super Nintendo Game I have left.
Call Jason 262-672-7706

Is there no such thing as moderator activity on Craigslist? The video game listings in my area are flooded with spam ads that aren't even for video games from those Asian scam sites.

Sometimes I check out the singles listings to see if I can spot the fake ones (using pictures of celebrities, using the same cut and paste lines over and over again), but now almost every one of them is obviously fake without even having to click on them because the locations listed are either generic, non-existent or 10 states away. Either Craigslist has gotten even more lax or there's been an increase in bots and scammers.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Is there no such thing as moderator activity on Craigslist? The video game listings in my area are flooded with spam ads that aren't even for video games from those Asian scam sites.[/QUOTE]

I complained a few pages back about all the fripping Chinaspam showing up in Cleveland, and people said it was happening on different cities all across the site.

:rofl:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/wan/1526972813.html

RE: nintendo nes snes 64 gameboys $1-50 - $50 (westlos angeles ) (OP is smoking crack again...)

Date: 2009-12-27, 10:53PM PST
Reply to: see below

LOL, the run-on sentence loving nutjob below is looking to swindle some suckers. I bet he'll just let you know which games are "rare" when he comes to snatch up your complete gems from the "80's n 90's". I called him just for shits n giggles, and he quoted me the following:

$5 for a complete, mint copy of Super Mario RPG (SNES)
$20 for a COMPLETE copy of Earthbound!!!
$5 each for complete copies of Breath of Fire 1 and 2, Lufia 1 and 2, and $10 for a complete copy of Chrono Trigger (SNES).

I wouldn't be surprised if this retard below is the same lunatic from Culver City who's been trying to sell his shitty game collection for YEARS - he starts his posts with "WHATS UP Y'ALL" and sounds like a raging, stuttering tweaker if you ever call him up.

TAKE CARE OF YOUR ADDICTION, HOMEY! OTHERWISE YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A METH SCRATCHED FACE!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-12-26, 1:10PM PST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im looking to buy old nintendo video game systems if you have any sitting in your attic or storage or garage let me know and i can give you a free quote ps most of the people on here think that mst video game systems or games cost a lot but its not really like that i wont lie theyre some rare games but trust they are hide to find and they sale no more than $30 im not tryna rip no one off or nothing like that im just doing whats fair and if most of you dont see it like that its cool cause theyre lots of people who know about the video game category than others just cause its a mario game doesnt mean they cost alot just cause its from the 1980s or 1990s dont mean they cost alot my prices are fair more then what game stop will give you if you see any post of people making rumors or tryna burn out my info please spam ad get that creep out of cl so if youre interested in selling your old video game systems let me know call or text 424 223 3170 or email me what you got m looking for snes nes nintendo64 and gameboy thanks alot happy holidays

I GIVE YOU LESS MONEY THAN GAMESTOP - AND YOU NEED TO COME TO ME TO GET MY SPECIAL ASS RAPING SERVICE! "I pay what gamestop will give"...uhhh, actually a lot less in many cases.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/vgm/1522739314.html
I Buy Your Video Game Stuff (Must Drop Off In My Area) (Hacienda Heights)

Date: 2009-12-23, 11:18AM PST

I buy all video game consoles and games. i determine price. don't be expecting a lot. I dont ask questions about why you are selling or how you got it. Prices for fully functional and basic cables such as power and a.v. cables and if controller is applicable must have at least 1.
PSP (Modded DO NOT get any extra)
PSP 1000= $35
PSP 2000= $40 (Other colors than black get $45)
PSP 3000=$65 (other colors than black get $70)
PSP Go= $160
Nintendo DS
Phat Nintendo DS= $20
Nintendo DS Lite= $35
Nintendo DSi=$70
Xbox 360 (Modded Get the same maybe less due to ban)
Xbox 360 core (Arcade)=$50
Xbox 360 w/20 gb=75
Xbox 360 w/60 gb= $90
Xbox 360 w/120 gb=$140
Phat PS3
Ps3 20 gb=$100
PS3 40 gb=$110
PS3 60 gb=$120
PS3 80 gb=$140
PS3 120 gb=$155
Slim
PS3 120 gb=$175
PS3 250 gb=$200
PS2
Phat Ps2=10
Slim PS2=15
Older Systems
Xbox=10
Gamecube=5
Gameboy Advance SP=5
Gameboy Advance=3
Gameboy Color/Pocket=2
Original Gameboy=1
Nintendo 64=5
Super Nintendo=3
Original Nintendo=5
Original Playstation=4
Ps1=5
Newer games ask about price (Only for ps3,psp,xbox 360, ds)
all other games for other console get no more than 50 cents. i pay what gamestop will give.
If interested in selling to me email the posting or text (IF YOU CAN'T TEXT THEN JUST EMAIL) 626)428-4814

How is that any different from how people on here hit up craigslist or garage sales and try to take advantage of people who don't know the value of what they're selling?

[quote name='lmz00']How is that any different from how people on here hit up craigslist or garage sales and try to take advantage of people who don't know the value of what they're selling?[/QUOTE]

LOL, it's not - except this guy is telling you ahead of time he's going to bend you over sans lube. The rest of us, we like to sweet talk, wine and dine, slip a couple roofies in the cocktail and then you wake up with no idea what happened, except that your vintage game system(s) and complete games that you thought weren't worth anything are gone, with a $20 bill lying on the nightstand.

While this discussion has been held in this thread and elsewhere on the site many many times...honestly, if I'm going to make an offer on something, it's going to be on the low end of what I'm comfortable paying. If the person takes it, great, it they counter we can negotiate, or if they tell me to fuck off/pound sand so be it. I'm not holding a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to accept my offer.

And if someone asks some ridiculously low amount for something, far below its actual value, whether on craigslist or a yard sale or where ever, then someone is going to get a steal...so it might as well be me. If you ask someone at a yard sale how much for something, say a complete SNES Chrono Trigger and they shout back $1 or $2 or whatnot, would you honestly not jump on it? Tell them it's actually worth more and offer to pay fair market value?

http://columbusga.craigslist.org/vgm/1525332705.html

"
I have a XBOX 360 Elite For Sale 300.00 FIRM. Comes with all the cables and ONE Controller. It does NOT come with a Hard Drive(contains my credit card info).This 360 IS NOT MODDED NOR BANNED FROM XBOX LIVE. I am willing to trade it for a PS3,or a Wii with some games,or a Laptop but it MUST be Windows XP or possibly a Working Imac. Will consider other trades as well,just reply as "Trade in C.GA". Thanks"

Seriously? The COST OF THE SYSTEM with a Hard Drive AND Games (Holiday bundle) is $300. I'm confused here why this was even posted....

[quote name='karkyco']And if someone asks some ridiculously low amount for something, far below its actual value, whether on craigslist or a yard sale or where ever, then someone is going to get a steal...so it might as well be me. If you ask someone at a yard sale how much for something, say a complete SNES Chrono Trigger and they shout back $1 or $2 or whatnot, would you honestly not jump on it? Tell them it's actually worth more and offer to pay fair market value?[/QUOTE]
I'm sure most would jump on it, which is why I find it amusing that they repost those want ads and make it seem like those people are scum. They're probably the same people that would call their congressman if Best Buy didn't honor a price mistake.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/vgm/1528035716.html

He keeps going from $100 to $200 to $100 to $150 to $200. Guess he's fishing for a sucker.

[quote name='karkyco']I GIVE YOU LESS MONEY THAN GAMESTOP - AND YOU NEED TO COME TO ME TO GET MY SPECIAL ASS RAPING SERVICE! "I pay what gamestop will give"...uhhh, actually a lot less in many cases.

I Buy Your Video Game Stuff (Must Drop Off In My Area) (Hacienda Heights)[/QUOTE]

Haha!!! Not only are the prices bad but you have to deliver it to him! :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karkyco']I GIVE YOU LESS MONEY THAN GAMESTOP - AND YOU NEED TO COME TO ME TO GET MY SPECIAL ASS RAPING SERVICE! "I pay what gamestop will give"...uhhh, actually a lot less in many cases.

I Buy Your Video Game Stuff (Must Drop Off In My Area) (Hacienda Heights)[/QUOTE]

Haha!!! Not only are the prices bad but you have to deliver it to him! :applause:

[quote name='lmz00']I'm sure most would jump on it, which is why I find it amusing that they repost those want ads and make it seem like those people are scum. They're probably the same people that would call their congressman if Best Buy didn't honor a price mistake.[/QUOTE]

LOL, normally I wouldn't post those ads...but this guy was special because he was basically saying "I won't pay you shit for your stuff, AND you have to bring it to me..."

http://columbus.craigslist.org/vgm/1531456773.html

I have 16 DS lite games for sale or trade. I also have 4 protective cases for the games and a extra charger. Will take the highest offer or best trade. NO CASES FOR GAMES or books. Send offers with a return number. Thanks

1. Madagascar
2.Pac-Man
3. Monster Truck Madness
4.Pokemon
5.Ultimate Spider-Man
6.Superman Returns
7.Quad Desert Fury
8.Pirates of the Caribbean
9.Harry Potter
10.Spyro 2
11. Shark tale Video
12.The Lord OF the Rings
13.Tonka
14.Battle f or Vaslcano Island
15. Star Wars 2
16. Dare Devil

3k13m63o95O35Ra5S99cua04ac5c2296d147d.jpg
3k23m33l75O75S95R29cue991e2febc6c17f6.jpg

Those ds games are bigger than I remember.

bread's done
Back