Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

Thought this one was laughable, probably a kid:

Would anybody like to trade an iPod nano for dead island for the ps3 ? Text me at 740-919-xxxx or email me if you want to trade !

[quote name='shadyfozzie']wtf??
http://cnj.craigslist.org/vgm/2822069128.html

I thought you couldn't do this anymore..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but that's not going to stop some people. I see stupid crap like game account item, shady gift card sales, console modding, and illegal copies of games all the time. These things are supposed to be prohibited, but it doesn't stop some people from putting up ads for these things anyhow.

Okay, so he's trying to sell a display. Some people collect them. If you're posting it because of the $9999, I highly doubt he's actually trying to get that much. It's most likely just to get attention.

[quote name='elessar123']This isn't a game, but still a "holy shit, that's stupid".

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/bks/2865542616.html[/QUOTE]

I love this. Something about these ads and their staggering exaggeration of value is delicious.

It's not just the normal dumbfuck who priced something $5 less than gamestop or amazon's new price because he's an asshole, it's some honestly, legitimately clueless person who actually believes that they have some kind of treasure because they probably barely know how to read.

Like the asshole i posted trying to say that PSPs are sold for $500 in stores still. Laughing out Loud is overused, but that's exactly what I did to that.

[quote name='jer7583']I love this. Something about these ads and their staggering exaggeration of value is delicious.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, I -have- one of those 4 copies. They're worth about $1 a piece. So when we saw it, we were like, yea, $5,900 my ass. Only the full set of first UK edition go that high. First US editions are under $1,000. These are 10-20 years after the US first editions.

" do not no much about them i know they have a high dollar amount . We checked on the value and it's about $5900.00 or so"

so why don't you sell them for $5900 or so you illiterate fuckwit.

WHAT A GREAT DEAL ON STOLEN IP!!! He's selling "a software" that makes it possible to play all retro console games on yo PC...

And he was kind enough to leave his number...

All Games ever made for NES,SNES,GENESIS to play on PC - $30 (Monterey Park)

Date: 2012-03-01, 8:41PM PST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Im selling a software that makes it possible to play all of the original NES,SNES and Genesis games ever made.. and i mean all of them not a single one is missing! it took months to compile all these games and you will be able to play all of them whenever you want in your pc. I could show you how use it. Its very simple and you will be amazed. So if you miss playing original nintendo,SNES OR GENESIS games,don't have the systems, or want to feel nostalgic text me (626)-940-9250 .. if you don't like the product, no problem with me, I wont get paid... but i can assure you that YOU will :) you have nothing to lose.ALL THE NINTENDO, SUPER NINTENDO,GENESIS GAMES EVER MADE FOR ONLY 30 BUCKS! have a great day and god bless.

I think the entire video game category of the South Florida CL could be posted in this thread. Seriously, people down here are out of their damn minds.

WANTS xbox 360 hard drive WILL TRADE IPAD 1ST GEN (FALLING WATERS)

looking to trade a 1st gen ipad 32 gb wifi for a xbox 360 hard drive, must be atleast 120 gb and prefer xbox 360 slim hard drive. if interested you can text me at 240-four six two-two three one nine, thanks

--------------

I am selling Battlefield 3 only used a couple of times for $25 and skyrim also only used a few times for $30 skyrim comes with the pre-order map also. both are in great condition and great games but i got a gaming PC and they just sit around never getting played now.

Also there both for xbox 360.

--- is this a good deal? What should I come in at $40 for both?

Just as rediculous as the modding services...

[quote name='karkyco']WHAT A GREAT DEAL ON STOLEN IP!!! He's selling "a software" that makes it possible to play all retro console games on yo PC...

Im selling a software that makes it possible to play all of the original NES,SNES and Genesis games ever made.. and i mean all of them not a single one is missing! it took months to compile all these games and you will be able to play all of them whenever you want in your pc. I could show you how use it. Its very simple and you will be amazed. So if you miss playing original nintendo,SNES OR GENESIS games,don't have the systems, or want to feel nostalgic text me (626)-940-9250 .. if you don't like the product, no problem with me, I wont get paid... but i can assure you that YOU will :) you have nothing to lose.ALL THE NINTENDO, SUPER NINTENDO,GENESIS GAMES EVER MADE FOR ONLY 30 BUCKS! have a great day and god bless.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WV Matsui']WANTS xbox 360 hard drive WILL TRADE IPAD 1ST GEN (FALLING WATERS)

looking to trade a 1st gen ipad 32 gb wifi for a xbox 360 hard drive, must be atleast 120 gb and prefer xbox 360 slim hard drive. if interested you can text me at 240-four six two-two three one nine, thanks

--------------

I am selling Battlefield 3 only used a couple of times for $25 and skyrim also only used a few times for $30 skyrim comes with the pre-order map also. both are in great condition and great games but i got a gaming PC and they just sit around never getting played now.

Also there both for xbox 360.

--- is this a good deal? What should I come in at $40 for both?[/QUOTE]

Any hard drive size for any iPad is a steal, so YES that is an amazing deal if legit.

As for the BF3 and Skyrim yeah, those are good.

This ad is genius!! The way it's written is smarts. Too bad most nerds know better.

[quote name='karkyco']WHAT A GREAT DEAL ON STOLEN IP!!! He's selling "a software" that makes it possible to play all retro console games on yo PC...

Im selling a software that makes it possible to play all of the original NES,SNES and Genesis games ever made.. and i mean all of them not a single one is missing! it took months to compile all these games and you will be able to play all of them whenever you want in your pc. I could show you how use it. Its very simple and you will be amazed. So if you miss playing original nintendo,SNES OR GENESIS games,don't have the systems, or want to feel nostalgic text me (626)-940-9250 .. if you don't like the product, no problem with me, I wont get paid... but i can assure you that YOU will :) you have nothing to lose.ALL THE NINTENDO, SUPER NINTENDO,GENESIS GAMES EVER MADE FOR ONLY 30 BUCKS! have a great day and god bless.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='plus1zero']Any hard drive size for any iPad is a steal, so YES that is an amazing deal if legit.[/QUOTE]
No kidding. I paid $20 for my 250 GB hard drive. I would gladly pay that for an iPad despite having no need for it.

[quote name='Raife']http://denver.craigslist.org/vgm/2880124156.html

This might be the most priceless thing I have ever seen on craigslist. Something tells me the seller doesn't know much about games.[/QUOTE]
Reminds me of a local thrift store I went to. When I asked about old games, they proceeded to show me their collection of "PlayStation games", which was actually a box full of Atari 2600 games and an N64 sport game.

[quote name='Raife']http://denver.craigslist.org/vgm/2880124156.html

This might be the most priceless thing I have ever seen on craigslist. Something tells me the seller doesn't know much about games.[/QUOTE]

"Xbox 360 4GB with all conecters owners manual and 3 controlers all in box, can deliver in the Parker area."

LOL, best part is the actual 360 box...no way in hell could this seller be that clueless - I mean can an original Xbox even FIT inside an empty X360's box (never mind packaging material and never mind the 3 controllers, two of which are freaking GAMECUBE controllers). Just noticed that the power supply is also a GC power supply, as well as 1 of the 2 AV cable sets are for GC/N64/SNES.

On second thought, I think you're right. This idiot probably got scammed by someone selling them that "360" with those 3 controllers...probably for the $200 they are asking, or more. If so, at least it's (slightly) better than if they had gotten a couple of bricks in the box. Or it could be they are trying to pull the scam on some unsuspecting, clueless idiot.

------------------------------------

EDIT Just found this gem.

RE: For Sale: Lego, Transformers, GI Joe, Star Wars, Batman, Speed Rac (smoking rocks)

Date: 2012-03-02, 2:54PM PST
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

THIS GUY IS SMOKING SOME SERIOUS CRACK, HEROIN, METH (OR PERHAPS SOME EXOTIC ANIMAL DUNG), OR INHALING THOSE HALLUCINOGENIC BATH SALTS WITH THESE CRACKED OUT PRICES...LAY OFF THE DRUGS HOMEY!!! TRY LOOKING AT EBAY FOR ACTUAL REAL WORLD VALUES INSTEAD OF BASING YOUR PRICES OFF THE MONEY YOU OWE TO YOUR STREET PHARMACIST/MOMMA...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/tag/2872063106.html

For Sale: Lego, Transformers, GI Joe, Star Wars, Batman, Speed Racer (San Gabriel Valley)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2012-02-26, 11:35AM PST
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Selling the following toys: Legos, Transformers, GI Joe, Star Wars, Batman. The following toys below are all in MISB C10 condition, unless noted.
REASONABLE offers are welcome.

Lego - Speed Racer: Racer X & Taejo Togokahn - $400
Lego - Speed Racer: Speed Racer & Snake Oiler - $400
C3 Batman: Batcave With Heavy Assault Batman Figure (SOLD!!!)
Transformers Evolution Bumblebee 2 pack (Target Exclusive) - $60
GI Joe 25th Anniversary - Zartan (COLOR CHANGING VERSION) - $55
GI Joe 25th Anniversary - Serpentor - $50
GI Joe 25th Anniversary - Tomax & Xamot - $75
GI Joe 25th Anniversary - Duke - $60
GI Joe 25th Anniversary - Major Bludd - $70
GI Joe 25th Anniversary - Duke & Cobra Commander - $55
GI Joe 25th Anniversary - Destro and Scarred Cpl. Breaker Action Figure Set -$55
GI Joe 25th Anniversary - Snake Eyes - $70
GI Joe 25th Anniversary - Bazooka - $25
GI Joe 25th Anniversary - Wild Bill - $45
GI Joe 25th Anniversary - Red Ninja - $65
GI Joe 25th Anniversary - Flint - $65
GI Joe 25th Anniversary - Iron Grenadier Leader Destro - $65
GI Joe 25th Anniversary - Snow Job - $60
Star Wars Episode 1 Anakin's Pod Racer Vehicle w/ Exclusive Anakin Skywalker - $45 (Description: Out-of-production & rare Star Wars Episode I action figure & accessory. The box contains very slight tear on side corner flap (less than 1 cm). The box has been opened ONCE through the same side flap to review and inspect the toy ONLY. TOY HAS NEVER BEEN ON DISPLAY OR PLAYED WITH. It has been securely stored in a dark closet inside the box. The toy is in EXCELLENT CONDITION.)
Star Wars Anakin Skywalker To Darth Vader Evolution-NEW - $65 (Box has a slight crease on one of the sides. Box is still sealed and toy is still sealed intact inside.)
Star Wars Episode "1" ORIGINAL action figures from the late 1990's( these come with CommTech): Anakin Skywalker, Darth Maul - $25 each

PLEASE NOTE: I will only respond to emails that have REASONABLE offers.
Please reply with your name, phone number, and the time you'd like to come pick it up. If ad is up, its still for sale.

5I65Z25H83Ma3L43J1c32ba01f71c55681c69.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karkyco']LOL, best part is the actual 360 box...no way in hell could this poster be that clueless I mean can an original Xbox even FIT inside an empty X360's box (never mind packaging material and never mind the 3 controllerrs)[/QUOTE]

And the fact that two of the controllers are Gamecube controllers.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/2883570220.html

Xbox 360 with disc read error and games. Trade for 10 shamrock shakes (Musekgo)

Date: 2012-03-03, 11:07PM CST

I really want some shamrock shakes. Im pretty much out of cash but someone can have my xbox 360 with disc read error if they bring me 10 shamrock shakes. The xbox turns on good and doesnt have rrod. Also has like two games and all the cords. Like i said....10 shamrock shakes and its yours. Please email me if interested, i respond very fast because i really want some shamrock shakes.

I can't help but read this thinking "shamrock shake" is some kind of weird sexual favor.

The ps1 bundle is overpriced and below ebay prices

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/vgm/2881695298.html

Three System Bundles, will sell all three to one buyer or each bundle separately. I DO NOT WANT TO PART OUT MORE THAN THAT.

1- Original X BOX with two controllers, (one wireless, with with 10ft extension chord and the other has an ADJUSTABLE FAN!), 2 DVD remotes, and 16 games. Games include, 4 versions of Football, Project Gotham Racing, Road Rally Sport, Tony Hawks American Wasteland, Star Wars, and too many more to list. This Bundle is selling for $180 (a steal at that price).

2-Super Nintendo with two original controlls, Mario Paint mouse, and 7 games. Games included are, NHL '94, Double Dragon, Mario Cart, Mario Paint, Super Mario World, Alladin, and Stunt Race FX. This Bundle is selling for $90. (All these games are cool)

3- Playstation 1 with two controls one regular and one with joy sticks. 4 games included are Tekken III, Gran Tourismo 2, Tunnel B1, and NFL Game day 2001. Asking $115 for this bundle.

Random Game:

Virtua Fighter 2 for Sega Saturn $10

I'm trying to upload pictures but upload is taking longer than usual. All systems are in perfect working condition, with only minor scratches on outer shell of the consoles. Going up on ebay soon, don't miss these deals. Prices are pretty firm, WAY bellow ebay prices. Please respond with phone number to get a prompt response with pictures

It's fun searching for trash talking ads/replies on craigslist. Searching for RE in titles often yields a treasure trove of funny as hell responses/replies to ads. Same with searching for scammer, flake, shithead, douchebag, etc. (don't forget to also search for plurals of those words, as IIRC craigslist search isn't coded to return ads containing for example scammers if you search for just scammer).

Just found this one via search for "douche" and had to share...favorite line:

"if this helps one person not be ripped off and takes away one chimichanga burrito from these thieves I will be satisfied."

"Scamber" alert!!! (is that a variant of an Amber alert, to notify people about scammers? :lol:). Love the narcotics keywords too, and in the health and beauty section. Is that where the "street pharmacists" post their ads on craigslist?

Warning naughty/prejudiced language ahead (check out all the shaq-fu's hahaha)...

Scamber Alert (Skid (mark) Row)

Date: 2012-03-04, 11:47PM PST

AVOID THE 213 - THEY ARE ALL THIEVES!

Hi Manny - you fat fuck!!!!

Manny - short for MANi PEDI - tall faaaaat mexican.
He is in the fucking 213 ghetto with a capitol shit stain.
How is it breathing in urine smell 24 hours a day?
Clearly you are where you should be. This is your lot in life.
And you have no ability to go anywhere but down.
You will be behind bars soon enough and there you can
have a family reunion with your uncles and cousins!!!
And get butt fucked daily. Then your nickname Shit Stain Mani
will take on a whole new meaning....

next -

Brandon Culver - tall / fat / asian

Hi Brandon.
Your mommas a virgin and you are a butt baby.

Also - watch out for the load of fat ass MEXICANs driving an SUV.
I have been sent at least 5 e-mails from people telling me that they were burned by these cunts.
THEY ARE IN THE 213 also.
But they change their numbers so often it would be no use posting it.

Just boycott the entire fucking 213 shit hole!

I was also told about a few girls in eagle rock/glendale hustling and robbing.
Only thing I was told about them is that they are female and hispanic.

LA is great when you can get past these low lives that make up the stink.

Aside from these fuckers - there are some awesome legit people on here.

I have been posting this since December and I apologize. But if this helps one person not be ripped off and takes away one chimichanga burrito from these thieves I will be satisfied.

And to the douche bags that send me hate mail. Guess what motherfuckers??? I will never stop posting this ad.

Vicodin, Norco, Dilaudid, Methadone, MS Contin, oxy contin, morphine, chiva, h, china white, cold medicine, tylinol, fat asses, fentanyl, 420, mari j, dillies, roxy, opiates, opana, opana er, vicodins, norcos, tar, black tar, adderall, dexadrine, benadryl, xanax, soma, brown sugar, 750s, 80s, OP 80s, heroin, tramadol, roxi, roxies, roxicodone, opiates, opium, watson, suboxones, suboxone

[quote name='judasmaiden15']

I'm trying to upload pictures but upload is taking longer than usual. All systems are in perfect working condition, with only minor scratches on outer shell of the consoles. Going up on ebay soon, don't miss these deals. Prices are pretty firm, WAY bellow ebay prices. Please respond with phone number to get a prompt response with pictures
[/QUOTE]

I love how people will threaten to put stuff on ebay, almost like you're missing out on such a great deal :rofl:

Watch out, this guy has 4 Gigs...

http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/vgm/2870196726.html
4GIG, 8 GIG, 16GIG, I CAN STUFF IT WITHS GAMES !!!! NOW FREE UNLIMITED GAMES !!! !! iPhone!!! Windows XP!! APPLE OSX!! BLACKBERRY TOMTOM GPS!! YOUTUBE!! Want a custom XBOX 360 PSP !!! Or Maybe N PS3 PSP!! I have the latest equipment, and software! I have over six Years experience with PSP alone!!! I Have 4GIGs!! 8GIGs 16GIGs STUFFED!!! Halo, yes halo on PSP! Too much to detail must see!!! Email/Text/Call. 323 791 8408 Kamaina Discount

Scammers, lowballers, thieves, and assorted fools of ill repute

Scammers, lowballers, thieves, and assorted fools of ill repute (ripoff con artists)

Date: 2012-03-05, 7:16PM PST
Reply to: see below

I'm compiling a running list of scammers, thieves, lowballers and other such craigslist undesireables so please help me flag these cumstain's ads out of here please

Scammer #1 - lowballing turd burglar (562) 644-6 1 0 7

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/wan/2869251642.html

Scammer #2 - offering peanuts and pennies on the dollar

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/vgm/2869573864.html

Scammer #3 - offers $10 for $100-200 worth of stuff

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/wan/2883317089.html

Scammer #4 - another lowballing fuckwit 562 334 0097 This bastard racist even called me a "stupid Mexican" on the phone...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/wan/2885223146.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/wan/2883362903.html

And if you're a real deal collector and not some daydreaming shithead asswipe looking to scam people and steal from them, then hit me up 310 503-9375 check out my ad, Jose

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/clt/2878932598.html

---------------------------------------

I do not "descriminate". If your name is Walowitz I will give you a "fare" chance...

DUCK TALES 2****RESCUE RANGERS 2*******FLINTSTONES NES NES NES - $10 (long beach)

I have Something You Don't have......And I bet You Want It.......!

Up for Sale, Are My 3 Prized Posessed aaaand Most Covited Nes Games.......

Rescue Rangers 2.... Duck Tales 2........ Flinstontes "Rescue at Dino Peak".......

I am Taking Offers..... FARE Offers........ """ LowBalling Bastards go on EBAY........""""
**** I Do Not Descriminate, All Cheap Lowballing Scum, come in all shades of race.
So if your last Name is , Lee, Thang , Tran, Fecalstine, Rothenberg, Walowitz, Williams, Pratt, Boykin, Soliz, Gonzales , Vera Cruz, Napolitano ,
ECT. I will give you a Fare Chance and give you a benifit of a doubt....

Reply with Kindness and Leave Contact........ *** It is Ok to Ask Questions, Pics sent Via MultiMedia.......... if you Do Not leave a contact I will Ignore your Offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/COD MODERN WARFARE 4 - $40 (FONTANA) Date: 2012-03-12, 11:46AM PDT
Reply to:
I HAVE A BRAND NEW COD MODERN WARFARE 4
PLEASE CALL OR TEXT 909

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Holy crap, this guy has Modern Warfare 4! That wont be out until 2013!

(I'm sure he meant COD 4 Modern Warfare. But I think it's actually the future game since it's 40 bucks, and no one would try to sell COD 4 for 40 bucks would they?)

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/
COD MODERN WARFARE 4 - $40 (FONTANA)

Date: 2012-03-12, 11:46AM PDT
Reply to:
I HAVE A BRAND NEW COD MODERN WARFARE 4
PLEASE CALL OR TEXT 909

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Holy crap! This guy has Modern Warfare 4 already! That's not out until after Black Ops 2!
(Obviously he meant COD 4 Modern Warfare, but I dunno. Given he wants 40 dollars for an old game makes me think he meant the future game!)

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I love how people will threaten to put stuff on ebay, almost like you're missing out on such a great deal :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Everytime I see that I think the only fool is the one going to pay ebay/paypal fees.

WII Attachments - $40 (Redlands )

Date: 2012-03-12, 4:13PM PDT
Reply to:
attachments for controller

5H15X15Ja3Mc3Nf3H9c3cf59d0cd8600115c1.jpg

Well I never post in here because craigslist has always been at least 50% retards. But....

http://ocala.craigslist.org/vgm/2900917991.html

You fucking retard douche.

Now I know what your saying its not that bad but i happen to be looking for a gameboy and these jack asses pull numbers out their ass.

Then there is this one.
http://ocala.craigslist.org/vgm/2894555298.html

WTF. the lady says shes firm on the price expect for the cunt didn't name a price besides the 4 thousand something in the headliner.

You fucking douche. I been watching too much AVGN.

Looking over my local craigslist video game section, I spied a couple of overpriced items:

Rocksmith $200 (he paid $250, boo-hoo)

Assassins Creed 3 Steelbooks $40 (has multiple copies)

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/vgm/2906177092.html

I HAVE A 1985 SERIAL NUMBER OOI THAT MAKES IT ORIGINAL IT WARKS LIKE NEW I HAVE 8 GAMES INGLUDING MARIO BRO I DID SOME RESEARCH AND THE LAST GAME SOLD FOR 3000 DOLLARS ALL IM ASKING 100 DOLLARS THE REASON IM SELLING SO CHEAP BECAUSE I NEED MONEY NOW CANT WAIT FOR EBAY TO SELL IT SO IF U WANT IT U CAN CALL DAVID AT 314 504 5320 OR EMAIL ME

According to him, this could be the flip of the century!

I'm wondering what owls have to do with Megaman...

Megaman painting for sale - $125 (North west)
Date: 2012-02-23, 9:40AM CST

This is a megaman painting Ive done. Im also willing to trade for something of equal value...email or call/text
5Ib5U65F53L53Md3p4c2n61efd36fc51711a8.jpg

bread's done
Back