Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='BearMan23']I'm wondering what owls have to do with Megaman...

Megaman painting for sale - $125 (North west)
Date: 2012-02-23, 9:40AM CST

This is a megaman painting Ive done. Im also willing to trade for something of equal value...email or call/text
[/QUOTE]

See if he'll take a piece of gum for it.

[quote name='ZombieToast']A piece like that definitely belongs on the hood. As stupid as it is, I actually kinda like it.[/QUOTE]

I like the concept, but I think it'd look better if the owl had some lines to make it match the 8bit style.

Edit: like how the tail part is.

[quote name='karkyco']It's fun searching for trash talking ads/replies on craigslist. Searching for RE in titles often yields a treasure trove of funny as hell responses/replies to ads. Same with searching for scammer, flake, shithead, douchebag, etc. (don't forget to also search for plurals of those words, as IIRC craigslist search isn't coded to return ads containing for example scammers if you search for just scammer).

Just found this one via search for "douche" and had to share...favorite line:

"if this helps one person not be ripped off and takes away one chimichanga burrito from these thieves I will be satisfied."

"Scamber" alert!!! (is that a variant of an Amber alert, to notify people about scammers? :lol:). Love the narcotics keywords too, and in the health and beauty section. Is that where the "street pharmacists" post their ads on craigslist?

Warning naughty/prejudiced language ahead (check out all the shaq-fu's hahaha)...

Scamber Alert (Skid (mark) Row)

Date: 2012-03-04, 11:47PM PST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

AVOID THE 213 - THEY ARE ALL THIEVES!

Hi Manny - you fat fuck!!!!

Manny - short for MANi PEDI - tall faaaaat mexican.
He is in the fucking 213 ghetto with a capitol shit stain.
How is it breathing in urine smell 24 hours a day?
Clearly you are where you should be. This is your lot in life.
And you have no ability to go anywhere but down.
You will be behind bars soon enough and there you can
have a family reunion with your uncles and cousins!!!
And get butt fucked daily. Then your nickname Shit Stain Mani
will take on a whole new meaning....

next -

Brandon Culver - tall / fat / asian

Hi Brandon.
Your mommas a virgin and you are a butt baby.

Also - watch out for the load of fat ass MEXICANs driving an SUV.
I have been sent at least 5 e-mails from people telling me that they were burned by these cunts.
THEY ARE IN THE 213 also.
But they change their numbers so often it would be no use posting it.

Just boycott the entire fucking 213 shit hole!

I was also told about a few girls in eagle rock/glendale hustling and robbing.
Only thing I was told about them is that they are female and hispanic.

LA is great when you can get past these low lives that make up the stink.

Aside from these fuckers - there are some awesome legit people on here.

I have been posting this since December and I apologize. But if this helps one person not be ripped off and takes away one chimichanga burrito from these thieves I will be satisfied.

And to the douche bags that send me hate mail. Guess what motherfuckers??? I will never stop posting this ad.

Vicodin, Norco, Dilaudid, Methadone, MS Contin, oxy contin, morphine, chiva, h, china white, cold medicine, tylinol, fat asses, fentanyl, 420, mari j, dillies, roxy, opiates, opana, opana er, vicodins, norcos, tar, black tar, adderall, dexadrine, benadryl, xanax, soma, brown sugar, 750s, 80s, OP 80s, heroin, tramadol, roxi, roxies, roxicodone, opiates, opium, watson, suboxones, suboxone
[/QUOTE]

Thats craigslist for you

http://longisland.craigslist.org/vgm/2920930027.html

Retro gameboy color + yellow Pokemon pikachu edition - $125 (Holbrook)

Date: 2012-03-25, 12:44AM EDT

Purple see through Gameboy with a Pokemon yellow and red . Goes for over 500 on eBay. I only want 125.

Game boy colors are worth $500 - should I sell the 5 or 6 I have sitting around or let them appreciate a bit more?

160 GB Playstation 3 with Games - $400

For sale is a 160 GB Playstation 3. It is not the slim version. Wireless controller is included as well as the following games:

* Grand Theft Auto IV
* Grand Theft Auto IV- Episodes Of Liberty City (Lost & Damned, and Ballad of Gay Tony)
* Family Feud-(downloaded onto hard drive)
* Tecmo Super Bowl Throwback- (downloaded onto hard drive)

This is a slightly used PS3. I recently bought it, but due to financial hardships, I'm forced to sell it.

http://fargo.craigslist.org/vgm/2920934220.html

Recently bought a fat PS3. A non-backwards compatible fat PS3. Good luck buddy.

lol, the games aren't even semi-new, and two of them are downloaded. People must not understand how quickly games depreciate in value, especially really popular games like that - I see this shit all the time on my craigslist

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/
3 WII POINTS 2000 (Rialto) - $60 (Rialto)

Date: 2012-03-25, 1:47PM PDT
Reply to:
Hey come get these now Unused 3 of them 100 value. (909)
I need the money now so the sooner the better. Best offer

So basically, 2000 Wii Points are worth 20 at retail so, 3 cards would be worth $60 not $100 worth. LOL Craigslist math is the best.

Also hurts to see how many people list games I might be interested in, only to see the pic and see those aweful gamestop stickers on the cases. Used ones and new "gutted" ones.

That thing is awesome, but the douchebag built it for his own enjoyment/amusement. Why the hell should he be compensated for that when selling it?!

I've got that one beat.... same price... less stuff...

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/vgm/2924509263.html

NES original nintendo - $100 (kck metro area)

Date: 2012-03-26, 11:27PM CDT

hello i have an original nintendo entertainment system..this is a collectors item..
it is in great working condition as is everything that comes with it..witch is:
2 games.super mario bros./duckhunt and
tiger heli. a cool helicoptor game
two original controllers
one pilot stick controller for the helicoptor game
one zapper gun for duckhunt
all the cables and cords you need to set it up and start playing
everthing is in great working condition with hardly any scratches or marks
ive owned it for over 5 years and its NEVER given me any problems. ready to play

[quote name='pollmonster']VINTAGE NINTENDO CONSOLE FROM 1985 - $100 (LA COSTA/CARLSBAD)

VINTAGE NINTENDO FROM 1985 WITH 3 CONTROLLERS. $100

I HAVE 12 GAMES: $120 FOR THE GAMES

MARIO BROTHERS - DUCK HUNT
TETRIS
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES
ULTRA SKATE OR DIE
GHOSTS OR GOBLINS
RC PRO AM
BURGERTIME
DR. MARIO
GRADIUS
ROBOCOP
SUPER MARIO 2
COBRA TRIANGLE

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/vgm/2916961989.html[/QUOTE]

How about these two gems:
http://cnj.craigslist.org/vgm/2925142845.html
Lot consists of the following games:

Two (2) Pokemon Gold Verson
One (1) Pokemon Special Pikachu Edition
Two (2) Pokemon Silver Version
One (1) Pokemon Blue
One (1) Pokemon Trading Card Game
One (1) Battletoads
One (1) Shanghai Pocket
One (1) Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 2

Games are used so expect some minor wear. Asking $200.00 for the lot or willing to sell separately. (If considering making an offer I would suggest that your offer be for the maximum you feel you can afford to pay based on the information provided above and still keep in your "price range"). Low ball offers need not respond.

Serious interests only! Please do not respond unless you are absolutely sure you want to purchase this item. To the few people who have followed through THANK YOU!!! It's very much appreciated.

this one is even better:

http://cnj.craigslist.org/vgm/2925250637.html

For sale is a lot of twelve (12) Nintendo DS cases and five (5) Manuals. All cases have their cover art. Cases range from very good (some wear/damage) to excellent (no wear/damage). Four (4) cases do not have any inserts (i.e. manuals, etc.) - noted next to Title. Pictures are also provided that will show what is included in the cases with inserts.

Lot consists of the following:

Cases:
Mario & Luigi - Bowser's Inside Story
Super Mario Bros. (no inserts)
Pokemon Diamond Version
Pokemon Soul Silver Version
Pokemon Platinum Version
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Blue Rescue Team
Pony Friends
Picross 3D
Crash Boom Bang! (no inserts)
MySims Kingdom (no inserts)
Fossil Fighters (no inserts)
Mario vs. Donkey Kong - Mini-Land Mayhem

Manuals:
Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs
Pokemon Platinum Version
Pokemon Pearl Version
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Darkness

Asking $80.00 for the whole lot or willing to sell separately. (If considering making an offer I would suggest that your offer be for the maximum you feel you can afford to pay based on the information provided above and still keep in your "price range"). Low ball offers need not respond.

Serious interests only! Please do not respond unless you are absolutely sure you want to purchase this item. To the few people who have followed through THANK YOU!!! It's very much appreciated.

THESE ARE JUST CASES!!!

Hmmmm...
http://cnj.craigslist.org/vgm/2927768744.html

250 GB PS3 pretty much new great condition

2 Controllers 1 normal ps3 controller and a Clear see through controller wit green neon lights inside the controller worth $60

plus 14 Games
NCAA 2012, Driver, Socom4, Madden 11, MLB 11, Formula1 2010 racing, Juiced2, Smackdown vs Raw 2010, Grand Turismo5,
World Champion Superbike, Call of Duty Black Ops, Grand Theft Auto IV, Nascar 2011, NHL 11

Whole Package for $700

[quote name='czissis']I think the entire video game category of the South Florida CL could be posted in this thread. Seriously, people down here are out of their damn minds.[/QUOTE]

Lol all I can find in the Tampa area are medicore priced games. None too crazy, none are a steal. Kind of depressing that I can't laugh or find success in it :cry:

I texted and emailed this guy from different accounts
hoping just to buy the saturn by it's self
He keeps posting the same ad for months
I been wanting to lead him on about buying the snes lot
but he never replies
If I was selling something over priced i would jump i
f someone offered to buy it
the italics is what i added

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/for/2897362158.html

Hi everyone,

I need the cash and must sell...

Willing to barter on some of the items

- Will program window os on laptop/computer text for info

- MITSUBISHI HDTV 1080 SERIES INTEGRATED DTV LINK 55 INCH $500

- SONY TRINITRON TV 27 INCH $200

- LOVESEAT + COFFEE TABLE $100

- DW DRUM 5 PIECE $800

- ELITE AUDIO MODEL - EA-1630 (INDOORS SPEAKERS) $250
- RAY BAN SUNGLASS MODEL NUMBER W1506 VPAS $80

- SEGA SATURN + TWO CONTROLLERS + COMPLETE CORDS + THREE GAMES VIRTUA FIGHTER 2, SCUD THE DISPOSABLE ASSASSIN, NIGHTS INTO DREAMS $50
- SONY PLAYSTATION 1 + TWO CONTROLLERS+COMPLETE CORDS + 7 GAMES HEART OF DARKNESS, BUSHIDO BLADE 2, WF SMACK DOWN, WF ATTITUDE, SPIN JAM, STREET FIGHTER 2 COLLECTION, NAMCO MUSEUM VOLUME 1 $50

- XBOX GAMES ONLY $30 FABLE, NBA STREET VOL.2, BLACKSTONE MAGIC & STEEL, NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND

- SUPER NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM + 2 CONTROLLERS +COMPLETE CORDS + PLUS TWO EXTRA CONTROLLERS +19 GAMES + 2 SEGA GENESIS GAMES $300

- NINTEDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM+2 CONTROLLERS + ALL CORDS EXCEPT POWER CORD+NINTEDO ZAPPER GUN + 11 GAMES $150

- MEN'S WALLETS - LOUIS VUITTON $80
- WOMEN'S SUNGLASS GUCCI 2775/S J5GK1 SIZE 69-13-105 $170

- DUE TO A LOT OF PEOPLE TRYING TO SCAM IN HERE: - I WILL NOT SHIP OR DELIVER OR REPLY EVER,-I WILL NEVER TAKE CASH ONLY,-I WILL NOT SALE ITEM IN PERSON ONLY

- IF YOUR INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT MY CELL NUMBER AT 800-ripp-offf OR TEXT ME EITHER OR AND MY EMAIL IS [email protected]

- MY NAME IS TERRENCE

[quote name='judasmaiden15']I texted and emailed this guy from different accounts
hoping just to buy the saturn by it's self
He keeps posting the same ad for months
I been wanting to lead him on about buying the snes lot
but he never replies
If I was selling something over priced i would jump i
f someone offered to buy it
the italics is what i added[/QUOTE]
So what? I've been posting the same ad for months trying to sell a 60gb PS3 I bought last year for under $100 for $150-175 with an HDMI cable, one controller n all wires. After getting some absolutely fuckin' ridiculous offers("I'll give you $60 and not a dollar more cuz it's scratched up n blah blah I'm cheap motherfucker") I stopped posting it for a bit.

So I started posting it again recently. I swear there must be an invisible(to me anyway) message on my posts that says 'ridiculous offers this way', since I think I had the same 2-4 idiots respond to me asking for it for under $70 again.:roll:

This last guy I got a response from was one that I remembered from a time before who offered me $80 or something for it. This time he shockingly offered me $125(from $150).

So we were ready to meet middle of last week, then I had to go outta town for work one day and then ended up going outta town for the weekend. I just got back last night and emailed him. His response: Take 20%($25) off the price I WAS offering cuz you didn't just drop everything n email me about you going outta town for the weekend.

I just chuckled n basically responded to him asking him essentially if he was my wife that I had to tell him where I was going on a moment's notice.:roll:

I honestly don't even give a shit if I sell the system at this point. I'm actually thinking about disassembling it and parting it out if my friends need components for their fully BC systems.

Yeah, you don't seem totally in the right here - you couldn't email him that you wouldn't be in town to meet up even though you told him you were?

I mean, requesting a lower price isn't very cool, but not telling him you're postponing the meeting isn't either..

Also, when you post an ad over and over again for literally months, some people might think you're just trying get rid of it by then, especially on Craigslist.

[quote name='Percy Harvin']So you planned to meet up with him and then flaked out like the idiots we constantly lambast on here?[/QUOTE]
Actually we never had a set time or place to meet up as of yet.
[quote name='Potatoeman']Yeah, you don't seem totally in the right here - you couldn't email him that you wouldn't be in town to meet up even though you told him you were?

I mean, requesting a lower price isn't very cool, but not telling him you're postponing the meeting isn't either..

Also, when you post an ad over and over again for literally months, some people might think you're just trying get rid of it by then, especially on Craigslist.[/QUOTE]
It was a spur of the moment thing. I got a call and maybe five minutes later my friends were at the door. So I had to throw together some stuff to take on the trip and CL was the LAST thing on my mind. Like I said above though, we hadn't even set a concrete date or time to meet for me to sell the item. Not only that but as I said, I really don't care if I sell it or not. I only put it up there to see what kinda offers I'd get.

As expected I got jack and squat for the most part. I'll probably toss it back up on there in another couple weeks console only and put AS-IS in the ad for $100. I at least was trying to sell it complete the last 2-3 times I had it up there and figured $150 was more than reasonable.

I hate my local area craigslist. Nothing but overpriced nonsense. And when on occasion I do find something, the people never email me back.

I also have thought about selling on craigslist in an effort to save from ebay fees, but I either get no response, or get asked if I would trade it for something I absolutely don't need.

[quote name='wugenius']I hate my local area craigslist. Nothing but overpriced nonsense. And when on occasion I do find something, the people never email me back.

I also have thought about selling on craigslist in an effort to save from ebay fees, but I either get no response, or get asked if I would trade it for something I absolutely don't need.[/QUOTE]

I rarely use craigslist, especially for games! All I ever see are a bunch of listing for console mods and ripped games.

dick... pay me for my downloaded illegal gamez and ugly-ass external hard drive mod!!!

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/vgm/2917917155.html

Modded Wii - $350 (Higginsville )

Date: 2012-04-04, 7:37AM CDT

I have a new black modded Wii i want to sell.

OK. this Wii is 4.3u firmware
It is Homebrew enabled !!

Has over 150 games!!
Has every Nes Snes Sega And GameBoy Game you can dream of!!

The Wii has black Wii theme installed

Call for the rest about the Wii..

http://richmond.craigslist.org/vgm/2940366287.html

Nintendo 64 and various games, 2 controllers (Short Pump)

Date: 2012-04-04, 4:09PM EDT
Prices are as follows:

Nintendo 64 console w/
1 controller and Super Mario 64 $45
Madcatz Controller $15
Nintendo brand carrying case $15
Dr. Mario $12
Mario Tennis $12
Pokemon Snap $12
Pokemon stadium $12
Pokemon Stadium 2 $12
Star Wars Racer $8
007 Golden Eye $8
Power puff girls $8
Hey you Pikachu! w/microphone $20
Or $125 for everything
Text me (804) 929-4222
Cash only! price is firm

[quote name='logicmeme']http://richmond.craigslist.org/vgm/2940366287.html

Nintendo 64 and various games, 2 controllers (Short Pump)

Date: 2012-04-04, 4:09PM EDT
Prices are as follows:

Nintendo 64 console w/
1 controller and Super Mario 64 $45
Madcatz Controller $15
Nintendo brand carrying case $15
Dr. Mario $12
Mario Tennis $12
Pokemon Snap $12
Pokemon stadium $12
Pokemon Stadium 2 $12
Star Wars Racer $8
007 Golden Eye $8
Power puff girls $8
Hey you Pikachu! w/microphone $20
Or $125 for everything
Text me (804) 929-4222
Cash only! price is firm[/QUOTE]
I guess I don't see the problem. I know goldeneye can fetch $10+ and Mario 64 can fetch $15-20.

[quote name='wugenius']Also hurts to see how many people list games I might be interested in, only to see the pic and see those aweful gamestop stickers on the cases. Used ones and new "gutted" ones.[/QUOTE]

If you can get them cheap enough to make it a great deal, as long as the case insert, instructions, and of course game discs are mint just use Goo Gone or rubbing alcohol to remove the stickers off the cases.

[quote name='karkyco']If you can get them cheap enough to make it a great deal, as long as the case insert, instructions, and of course game discs are mint just use Goo Gone or rubbing alcohol to remove the stickers off the cases.[/QUOTE]

I keep hearing of this Goo Gone Stuff. I should check it out.

Problem is, their price is usually too high. And it has the stickers. If I found a deal on something I really wanted, I might take it with the sticker and all. It just hurts to see them on so many listings. I don't know why Gamestop does that.

Yup, sucks. Goo Gone is the best investment you can have for cleaning your games of sticker crap. It will remove just about any gunk from your cases or peripherals, and smells like oranges(for maybe 30 minutes, the smell goes away quickly). It wont leave residue either.

It also only costs like $4 for a 6 month supply pretty much, if you use it sparingly.

[quote name='elessar123']Just wondering, anyone ever try mayonnaise instead of goo-gone?[/QUOTE]

Opinion.jpg

I remove stickers from game cases/carts using Goo Gone. It works very well. It can leave a slightly oily residue. To clean that up, I use rubbing alcohol.

Umm.. eew?

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/wan/2941853944.html

Toe Nail Clippings - $100 (Oakland)

Date: 2012-04-05, 1:03PM EDT

So I recently got out of a program and am looking to have some fun. Some of hobbies include: puppies, swimming, oil painting, and collecting toe nails. My toe nail collection currently consists of 80 pounds of toenail clippings. I keep this collection in the small room next to my kitchen. I keep my collection marked and cataloged by donater and date. I love toenails. They are a perfect creation of God.

I am looking for a few dedicated volunteers to cut off their toenails and send me them. Please place your toenails in mason jars. I am unwilling to except any other form of container. Please mark the date you cut them off (this is very important for posterity). Please remove any excess goob or sock lint from said toe nails.

Please send me pictures of your feet and I will respond (if interested). Am willing to reimburse $100 per pound of toenail.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2941853944

bread's done
Back