Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

I never meet at home. The only exception is if I'm about to move, I don't want people knowing where I live.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I guess maybe it's just the people around here are too broke/cheap and/or they have that 'CL is a flea market' mentality ingrained in their mind. If I list something for $70, they offer me $30, even if I say 'price is firm'.

I mean, ffs, I was trying to offer up a sealed PSPGo for $100 on there. Now most normal folks would've said 'gee that's half off MSRP, that's a good deal'. Not the cheap fuckers around here on CL. I think I got a single offer for $45 and only if they could 'open it and try it'.:roll: Yeah. I'm gonna let you open a SEALED game system so you can try it before you buy it. Riiiiight.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but $100 PSP go is about what its worth right now. I wish people would quit thinking about MSRP when it comes to electronics. It rarely comes into play more than 6 months after the release. I could find a $100 PSPgo pretty much anywhere these days, some times even cheaper.

Anyways, CL is a flea market. I'm sorry. You want to play with the big margins you go to Ebay.

[quote name='tiggerkiddo']http://denver.craigslist.org/vgm/2998765842.html

A little on the high side (I believe the honest price for a CIB of FF2 is more in the 50-60 range but I love how people just cherry pick the hell on ebay. I clicked the link and of course it wasn't even a completed listing. Average price? I don't think people know the meaning of average.
[/QUOTE]

I know! I love how it isn't even one that it sold. Makes me want to link the seller this sold auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Final-Fanta..._Games_Games&hash=item19d0328194#ht_500wt_948

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So you bullied a seller into lowering their price?:applause: You must be proud of yourself. I only wonder what kind of offer you would've thrown my way when I sold my PS2/Xbox collection of 100 or so games on here for $550 or so to a fellow CAG four years ago.

[/QUOTE]

No, actually.. I was pointing out that his little gaming lot is STILL overpriced like hell. And 4 years ago is different than now.. plus you say PS2 not just xbox. And you said 100 or so, so I don't get your point. Depending on the games of course, i'd say my offer would be roughly $300. But more power to you if someone wanted it for $550. i wasn't pointing out his price change to "be proud of myself" or anything like that. Stop assuming shit.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
But the point is that someone did buy my mega game lot for almost $600 shipped.

That's why I normally don't read this thread, since people on here seem to be of the typical CL buyer mentality. They view CL as a flea market where people should price their stuff at bottom dollar prices, while I view it as a place to sell my stuff w/o being nailed by Amazon/eBay fees out the wazoo and I expect to get market value or just under for the items.

[/QUOTE]

So someone bought your big pile of mostly trash games for $600. You must be so proud of yourself. :applause:
And if you are referring to me about "CL buyer mentality".. i've never bought anything from CL, I've only done trades for games.
Thats why you don't read this thread? ok.. clearly you ARE in fact reading it. You must have that "CL buyer mentality".

[quote name='blitz6speed']Truth be told, i look at craigslist as a place most people want to use to sell something quick, if they want top dollar, go to ebay, CL is for a quick sale. I bargain accordingly. Plus, most people selling stuff on CL are generally desperate for some cash, and of course, that makes haggling easier.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Booj']I'm sorry but $100 PSP go is about what its worth right now. I wish people would quit thinking about MSRP when it comes to electronics. It rarely comes into play more than 6 months after the release. I could find a $100 PSPgo pretty much anywhere these days, some times even cheaper.

Anyways, CL is a flea market. I'm sorry. You want to play with the big margins you go to Ebay.[/QUOTE]
That's the thing though. I put stuff up on CL that I don't really care one way or another if I sell it or not. I'm into the 60gb PS3 for $40 and it was bought with just the console and wires and no controller. So I figured if I threw it up on CL for $100-150 and someone bought it because they always wanted one(like I always did), then more money for me even though I was throwing in one of my own pre-owned controllers and a $1 HDMI cable I got from eBay.

I was hoping that just on the HDMI cable alone most normal people on CL would go 'holy shit HDMI cables are $40+ just by themselves from being taught that they're 'expensive' from places like Best Buy selling $100 ones.

But that didn't happen and so it still sits here. I will probably just give it to my one friend and her family sooner than later to play around with with one of the copies of Bejeweled 3 I bought from GS for $10 last week or so.

No big loss for me that it didn't sell.;)

[quote name='jakedub317']So someone bought your big pile of mostly trash games for $600. You must be so proud of yourself. :applause:
And if you are referring to me about "CL buyer mentality".. i've never bought anything from CL, I've only done trades for games.
Thats why you don't read this thread? ok.. clearly you ARE in fact reading it. You must have that "CL buyer mentality".[/QUOTE]
I was actually referring to everybody I've dealt with just about from CL, who all seemed to want something for next to nothing.

As far as them being 'trash games', they were all in mint condition and complete as far as I remember. Try grabbing 100 games from GS all complete and mint in one lot without really having to put in a lot of effort to nitpick on condition.;)

[quote name='wugenius']Old Xbox - $400 (Riverside)

Date: 2012-04-17, 7:57PM PDT
Reply to:
20 video games if you want all game cost $400 firm

If you really want this old Xbox game need to be text and (no call) my name is Johnny so my number is 951-

Xbox
1) Tom Claney's Ghost Recon 2 ($20)
2) Need forvSpeed Carbon ($20)
3) Spider man ($20)
4) Spider man 2 ($20)
5) La Rush ($20)
6) burnout 3 takedown ($20)
7) midnight club 3 dub edition ($20)
8) ford mustang ($20)
9) world championship poker ($20)
10) scarface the world is yours ($20)
11) need for speed most wanted ($20)
12) true crime new York city ($20)
13) hulk ($20)
14) need forvSpeed underground 2 ($20)
15) max Payne ($20)
16) bad boy Miami takedown ($20)
17) soul calibur 2 ($20)
18) 50 cent bulletproof ($20)
19) ford vs Chevy ($20)
20) NCAA football 2005/top spin 2 game in 1 cd ($20)
[/QUOTE]

The best is that he actually typed out ($20) after EVERY GAME instead of just saying $20 each.

[quote name='Bing147']Which is fine if you're getting something cheap. You take that risk. And yes sealed helps. But some electronics are dead on arrival. It happens. It is an as is community. Which means an as is price in most cases.

100 is not pocket change for most people. Say what you will about Gamestop but they have a great return process. They do have some games in good condition and if theres an issue returning the item is easy. So why would anyone pay as much on Craigslist with no guarantee as they would with a great one at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]
Gonna have to agree with this. Also, IATCG...just like you have no reason to trust your potential buyers, they have no reason to trust you. While a sealed electronic sounds like a great thing to you, some folks are going to see it is a bigger risk because you're asking them to hand you $100 when they don't even know if there's actually a PSP in the box. Or if it is in there, they have no way of knowing if it works, especially considering that it has to be charged/plugged in first.

Is PS1 supposed to be this expensive?
PS1 - $200 (Dublin/Pleasanton)

This PS1 is in perfect working condition and perfect physical condition except for one small scuff mark on the top. I can also include 1-2 controllers, a limited selection of games (I will tell interested buyers over email if you'd like), and some memory cards.
I will go no lower than $200 for this (depending on what extras you want with it as well), and will take the best offer I get.

**All items must be picked up in Livermore, but all prices are negotiable. Just really trying to get rid of all this stuff!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

I was actually referring to everybody I've dealt with just about from CL, who all seemed to want something for next to nothing.

As far as them being 'trash games', they were all in mint condition and complete as far as I remember. Try grabbing 100 games from GS all complete and mint in one lot without really having to put in a lot of effort to nitpick on condition.;)[/QUOTE]

Did you seriously just say something about gamestop? Stop trolling. That's like those people that tried to buy games I was wanting to trade. Some Twat offered me $3 for Red Dead Redemption because "Gamestop will only give me that much". Do not mention gamestop for anything, anyone with any kind of knowledge knows they completely F*** you.

I guess the real answer to all this is that Craigslist costs you nothing to list, and nothing to respond. That means we can't get mad at retarded people wasting your time, or people trying to get a good deal, because it costs you nothing to sit on your stuff until it sells, and it costs nothing to try and charm someone out of their valuables for less than it would sell elsewhere.

My only beef is categorized stuff, and people trying to sell pirated goods. Not because they are doing wrong, but because it clutters up my RSS feed.

[quote name='burritoman']Hey glad to see another WV Cheapass![/QUOTE]

greetings! i live in the fairmont area but work in the morgantown area. I've met like 3 or 4 CAG's at the Morgantown Kmart riding the coupon train. Hit me up on PSN or LIVE!

[quote name='ZombieToast']Gonna have to agree with this. Also, IATCG...just like you have no reason to trust your potential buyers, they have no reason to trust you. While a sealed electronic sounds like a great thing to you, some folks are going to see it is a bigger risk because you're asking them to hand you $100 when they don't even know if there's actually a PSP in the box. Or if it is in there, they have no way of knowing if it works, especially considering that it has to be charged/plugged in first.[/QUOTE]
Oh I understand that completely. But as I said above, I own the items that I'm trying to sell free and clear, so I will only sell them if I get someone to agree to MY terms. If someone expects me to travel to the middle of bumblefuck to meet them AND they expect me to lower my price 20%+, then they can as far as I'm concerned.

You want the item I'm selling? Good. Now come to my area(had people from an hour from me wanting me to drive TO THEM before:roll:) and check the item out and if you think it's a good deal then grab it. But me driving to you AND then you likely trying to lowball me once I drove all the way there? Ain't happening EVER.
[quote name='jakedub317']Did you seriously just say something about gamestop? Stop trolling. That's like those people that tried to buy games I was wanting to trade. Some Twat offered me $3 for Red Dead Redemption because "Gamestop will only give me that much". Do not mention gamestop for anything, anyone with any kind of knowledge knows they completely F*** you.[/QUOTE]
That I most certainly did. Most of the games I sold, while common, were still $6+ at GS each when I sold my game lot. So even if I deducted 20% from the price of each to put my prices under GS, it still would've cost the person who bought all my games on here MORE than the $550 or so I sold them to them for.:)

But yeah, I've had people reference GS in regards to things I'm trying to sell, including that 60gb PS3. Thing is, I am at HALF of what GS charges for one and I still get toolwads wanting it for only 20% of that.:roll: But it's part of the game, I suppose.

Oh and as for GS fucking ya, that's only if you're not knowledgeable and trade in shit that you paid nearly nothing for in the first place like I used to(HDMI cables, for example).:booty:
[quote name='Booj']I guess the real answer to all this is that Craigslist costs you nothing to list, and nothing to respond. That means we can't get mad at retarded people wasting your time, or people trying to get a good deal, because it costs you nothing to sit on your stuff until it sells, and it costs nothing to try and charm someone out of their valuables for less than it would sell elsewhere.[/QUOTE]
Don't get me wrong. I get a kick outta dealing with the people on CL most times. But it's the people who immediately email me offering me 10-20% of my asking/list price that annoy me, since I know usually they'll be as stubborn as me and not want to negotiate upwards. That's why I usually politely tell them to pound sand in so many words.:D

[quote name='eataburger']The best is that he actually typed out ($20) after EVERY GAME instead of just saying $20 each.[/QUOTE]

idk, might be a deal on Need forvSpeed Carbon :lol:

[quote name='eataburger']I hope I don't get kicked off CAG for this. Not a for sale ad, but is video game related.

Please... NSFW.. really NSF anyone. Adult only 18+

DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK UNLESS YOU ARE READY TO HAVE YOUR MIND SCARRED FOREVER.

If you do read it... even if you skip most of it... read the last line. :)[/QUOTE]

I removed the link for fear of my own account but man that was a great read :applause:

Shoot, if that were in Denver, I'd jump on that...sell the console, add the games to my lowball.

http://denver.craigslist.org/vgm/3001750984.html

NOW this? This is a bit overpriced. They aren't even complete/best condition and he wants 100 for Lunar: SSSC and another 100 for Eternal Blue complete or together for the low low price of 170. I've BOUGHT those games together for under 100...shoot under 40 to be honest (20 for SSSC and found EBC at a thrift for 10, though I sold it because I only liked the first one) and they were in excellent condition and had everything.

[quote name='tiggerkiddo']Shoot, if that were in Denver, I'd jump on that...sell the console, add the games to my lowball.

http://denver.craigslist.org/vgm/3001750984.html

NOW this? This is a bit overpriced. They aren't even complete/best condition and he wants 100 for Lunar: SSSC and another 100 for Eternal Blue complete or together for the low low price of 170. I've BOUGHT those games together for under 100...shoot under 40 to be honest (20 for SSSC and found EBC at a thrift for 10, though I sold it because I only liked the first one) and they were in excellent condition and had everything.[/QUOTE]
Only problem is that the SNES in that link is console only. So you're taking a chance on it even being functional. But $15 for a possible working SNES console is a steal to me. I took a chance on one from a thrift store at one point for $10. I had to hunt down wires and a regular SNES power adapter was a bitch to find cheaper. But for $10 I figured what the hell.

Didn't notice it was only console only but eh, it's worth a go. If you already have a SNES, it will be pretty easy to test...though finding those cables cheap will be tough...

I love how some just post whatever whereever.

PMV1Y.png

Maybe I should play dumb and ask what console the video game "1995 Toyota 4 runner" is for and offer him $20.

[quote name='tiggerkiddo']Didn't notice it was only console only but eh, it's worth a go. If you already have a SNES, it will be pretty easy to test...though finding those cables cheap will be tough...[/QUOTE]
Actually a Gamecube AV cable would work. It doesn't have to be Nintendo brand either. So if you could find one for $1-5 at a flea market that would work.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Opened=Brand New....if you shop at Gamestop.:lol:;)[/QUOTE]

Which is why I stopped going there about 8 years ago, and other reasons. ($5 less for a used game)

Someone had an ad up today for Boxed NES games and Zelda Faces of Evil for CD-i

I asked him prices out of curiosity and he said $20 per NES game(not really THAT bad, but still too much for me for the games), and "at least $100 for the Zelda game, it's pretty rare".

I told him $100 JUST for the Zelda game? He responded saying I would never find it for cheaper locally.

If I can get it for $55 shipped to me on Ebay/Amazon... why would I want to drive around to pick it up for almost double the cost? Maybe it's just me, but I'd much rather order than drive around, especially for a collector's game. There isn't THAT much a demand for CD-i games from what I can tell:p

[quote name='ZombieToast']Maybe she thought "Xbox" is simply a box called "X", so she omitted the rest of the name...[/QUOTE]

But she says " Asking $58 because regular price is $58"
Besides asking retal on a used item, what game console retails at $58!?

[quote name='Potatoeman']There's no need to fuck with these people, man. Posting these here is enough. There's no reason for them not to post their stuff. It may be priced incredibly high, but if they think they can get those prices.. well, power to them. They're just misinformed most of the time. Hell, if they're lucky some other person will actually buy the stuff at those prices.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about misinformed. Usually they're just clueless about depreciation value. The guy trying to sell his Xbox HD-DVD add-on for close to the price he bought it for despite it being on clearance for like $30 new at the time was just delusional. Since he paid xxx for it, he actually thought he was entitled to recouping most of the cost. Like the people trying to sell their 15-year-old tube TVs for near the cost they bought it for.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I don't know about misinformed. Usually they're just clueless about depreciation value. The guy trying to sell his Xbox HD-DVD add-on for close to the price he bought it for despite it being on clearance for like $30 new at the time was just delusional. Since he paid xxx for it, he actually thought he was entitled to recouping most of the cost. Like the people trying to sell their 15-year-old tube TVs for near the cost they bought it for.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you're right. Some people feel they should be able to get a large return on investment for out dated tech. They're delusional, they're dumb, whatever. It doesn't mean they should be harassed because of it is what I was saying.

This isn't exactly a bad deal, but it's a pet peeve of mine when someone tries to justify their prices or make it sound like they're giving you a great deal by referencing some retailer's prices - bonus points if they're incorrect/making it up like this person.

http://louisville.craigslist.org/vgm/3005789741.html

Old Atari games in very good shape. Swordquest, Mario Bros, PAC man, dodge em, space jockey, centipede, frogger, asteroids, ms PAC man, outlaw, othello, haunted house, yars revenge, combat, sky diver. All these games did work when I sold my system but they haven't been played since about 1 year ago! I would prefer to sell them as a lot. Some of these games are $15 bucks a piece on EBay. Case comes with the games. Absolutely no emails, I will not respond! Call or text 502-827-9126.

None of those games had a price tag above $1 on Amazon (sans shipping costs, of course). Heck, I have half of those titles rotting in a case at my home. If someone wants to buy 'em for $15 a pop, come to me first!

[quote name='KtMack23']But she says " Asking $58 because regular price is $58"
Besides asking retal on a used item, what game console retails at $58!?[/QUOTE]
Well, I meant original Xbox, not Xbox 360. I thought maybe she had a mom-'n'-pop shop in her area that still had a few of these lying around. (Kinda funny that I automatically assumed it was a woman.)

But for what it's worth, the ad is actually just bait spam. I ended up e-mailing her out of curiosity and this was the response I got (from [email protected]):
Hey

Someone just bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.
I just picked up 4 of these from bidznow.com and I resold them on craigslist for some extra money.

The site is pretty new so there are no people on it, so none is bidding, its like xmass all over. Try to bid right when the counter hits 4 seconds and you win every time.

Regards
The e-mail comes from a domain that doesn't exist and the URL takes you to ZBiddy, a scam auction penny site. Knowing beforehand that the site is a scam (and not new), I was immediately skeptical, so I did a search of the woman's name and found this:
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/eld/2994158145.html

So, it would seem that there is no "X" and it didn't cost $58.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Well, I meant original Xbox, not Xbox 360. I thought maybe she had a mom-'n'-pop shop in her area that still had a few of these lying around. (Kinda funny that I automatically assumed it was a woman.)

But for what it's worth, the ad is actually just bait spam. I ended up e-mailing her out of curiosity and this was the response I got (from [email protected]):
The e-mail comes from a domain that doesn't exist and the URL takes you to ZBiddy, a scam auction penny site. Knowing beforehand that the site is a scam (and not new), I was immediately skeptical, so I did a search of the woman's name and found this:
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/eld/2994158145.html

So, it would seem that there is no "X" and it didn't cost $58.[/QUOTE]

I dont know about you guys but around half of the ads in the gaming section of my craigslist on any given day are these scam penny auction site ads. They post 10 or more at a time with the same wording and flagging does nothing.

Does Craigslist give a fuck? Is there anything that can be done? I'm almost wondering if it's a scam that Craigslist itself is involved in. It shows up all over the site for tvs, home depot gift cards, iPads, etc.

[quote name='jer7583']I dont know about you guys but around half of the ads in the gaming section of my craigslist on any given day are these scam penny auction site ads. They post 10 or more at a time with the same wording and flagging does nothing.[/QUOTE]
I see stuff like this all over the place as well, but it's usually more blatant. What's different with this spam is that you don't actually get the spam until you inquire via e-mail. But I've only ever e-mailed maybe three people on Craigslist, so maybe it's more common than I know.

[quote name='raiden_86']Seriously $360? I hope it's still available![/QUOTE]

iknowrite?

I like how people throw away the boxes and instructions and still act like the product should be worth the same as retail.

Im trying to sell my PSP 2000 (slim) on craigslist, how much do you think I can get? It has CFW and comes with 4gb and 2gb with games on them (GOW:Ghost of Sparta, Resistance, FIFA 11, MGS: Peace Walker, + 3 more) and a hard carry case and a composite cable adapter and 2 UMD movies (Terminator 2 and Spiderman)

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']Im trying to sell my PSP 2000 (slim) on craigslist, how much do you think I can get? It has CFW and comes with 4gb and 2gb with games on them (GOW:Ghost of Sparta, Resistance, FIFA 11, MGS: Peace Walker, + 3 more) and a hard carry case and a composite cable adapter and 2 UMD movies (Terminator 2 and Spiderman)[/QUOTE]

Just throwing out a guess, maybe $90 at the least and $125 at the most?

But you never know I've thrown all the Mario Wii games (Galaxy, Kart, NSMB etc...) and listed them for less than any online site sells them used for Ebay, Amazon glyde etc.. and not gotten a single reply or call. So it's sort of a game of chance.

You could also try just listing it and saying making me an offer and don't list a price, but don't be surprised to get lowball offers (which you probably will even if you do list the price)

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Just throwing out a guess, maybe $90 at the least and $125 at the most?

But you never know I've thrown all the Mario Wii games (Galaxy, Kart, NSMB etc...) and listed them for less than any online site sells them used for Ebay, Amazon glyde etc.. and not gotten a single reply or call. So it's sort of a game of chance.

You could also try just listing it and saying making me an offer and don't list a price, but don't be surprised to get lowball offers (which you probably will even if you do list the price)[/QUOTE]

I found a WTB post for Mario Kart Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 1, so I texted the person, turns out its a women who wanted to buy the games for her 6-year-old son. I said the retail on the game are $49 each, I ended up getting $60 for both games =D

[quote name='Deserter Goose']This isn't exactly a bad deal, but it's a pet peeve of mine when someone tries to justify their prices or make it sound like they're giving you a great deal by referencing some retailer's prices - bonus points if they're incorrect/making it up like this person.

http://louisville.craigslist.org/vgm/3005789741.html

None of those games had a price tag above $1 on Amazon (sans shipping costs, of course). Heck, I have half of those titles rotting in a case at my home. If someone wants to buy 'em for $15 a pop, come to me first![/QUOTE]
Both Video Game Price Charting(VGPC.com) and DigitPress' rarity guide list Mario Bros. for the 2600 as at least a $10 game.

bread's done
Back