Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Just throwing out a guess, maybe $90 at the least and $125 at the most?

But you never know I've thrown all the Mario Wii games (Galaxy, Kart, NSMB etc...) and listed them for less than any online site sells them used for Ebay, Amazon glyde etc.. and not gotten a single reply or call. So it's sort of a game of chance.

You could also try just listing it and saying making me an offer and don't list a price, but don't be surprised to get lowball offers (which you probably will even if you do list the price)[/QUOTE]

ok thanks, yeah I just put it up with no price just looking for offers, so far only a trade offer for an Xbox 360. Hope I can get the $125

[quote name='ZombieToast']Well, I meant original Xbox, not Xbox 360. I thought maybe she had a mom-'n'-pop shop in her area that still had a few of these lying around. (Kinda funny that I automatically assumed it was a woman.)

But for what it's worth, the ad is actually just bait spam. I ended up e-mailing her out of curiosity and this was the response I got (from [email protected]):
The e-mail comes from a domain that doesn't exist and the URL takes you to ZBiddy, a scam auction penny site. Knowing beforehand that the site is a scam (and not new), I was immediately skeptical, so I did a search of the woman's name and found this:
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/eld/2994158145.html

So, it would seem that there is no "X" and it didn't cost $58.[/QUOTE]

Dang, I've never been fooled by craiglist spam before, hats off to them... I guess.
But really, how do those scam bid sights make money, I've never met anyone who's actually fallen pray to those scam bid sites. Btw, if anyone wants an iPad 3 for $25.84, just PM me your credit card and social security number. ;)

[quote name='KtMack23']Dang, I've never been fooled by craiglist spam before, hats off to them... I guess.
But really, how do those scam bid sights make money, I've never met anyone who's actually fallen pray to those scam bid sites. Btw, if anyone wants an iPad 3 for $25.84, just PM me your credit card and social security number. ;)[/QUOTE]
Basically, people are desperate to save money while also living beyond their means and they hear about these sites on TV and get hooked on the idea. Then they stupidly think that all penny auction sites are safe and they hand over their credit card info without realizing that places like ZBiddy charge you $99 when you sign up. They're probably the same people who pay $25+ for HD cables and buy the Sears warranties to get free "plasma refills" for their TV's.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Both Video Game Price Charting(VGPC.com) and DigitPress' rarity guide list Mario Bros. for the 2600 as at least a $10 game.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. That's the one game I overlooked when price checking - and I actually have a copy of that lying around. Go figure.

9 xbox 360 games - $100 (perris riverside moval hemet elsinore)

Date: 2012-05-10, 10:24AM PDT
Reply to:
9 Xbox 360 games sports titles basketball football...

150 obo

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

So......$100 dollars for 9 random sports games? Wait.....now it's $150? And no list of games? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I hate people that can't be bothered to list the games that they're selling. If anyone is actually interested in finding out the mystery games they'll email them and they'll have to email that individual person the list of games anyway, and if more than one person they'll have to do it more than once. So they would save themselves time by just listing the games in the first place.

Maybe I'll do that.

"Hey I got some games they're great you'll love them $500 OBO (whichever's moar) no lowballs! Straight cash homie!"

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']"Hey I got some games they're great you'll love them $500 OBO (whichever's moar) no lowballs! Straight cash homie!"[/QUOTE]

You forgot to add "Hit me up"

99% of the ads in my area have that. Damn kids.

Lol I've responded to 3 or 4 ads that have said to ask them for a list of games, and I've never gotten a responce. What do they expect, me to buy the games before I know what they are!?

[quote name='KtMack23']Lol I've responded to 3 or 4 ads that have said to ask them for a list of games, and I've never gotten a responce. What do they expect, me to buy the games before I know what they are!?[/QUOTE]

Sounds about par for CL, I'm not surprised when I reply to an ad and offer to buy at asking price and never get a response.

1SU8F.png

[quote name='ZombieToast']I've never heard of Lubbock, but I vote for it to be nuked immediately.[/QUOTE]

That is where Texas Tech is.

I hate people that reply to your ad with "here is my number, call me and we can deal". You clearly had the time to write an email, so why do I need to call you?

[quote name='Porksta']That is where Texas Tech is.

I hate people that reply to your ad with "here is my number, call me and we can deal". You clearly had the time to write an email, so why do I need to call you?[/QUOTE]

Mavs rule Rockets suck. (technically they both sucked this year)

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']
1SU8F.png
[/QUOTE]

nice find. made me laugh. I think that is undeniably stupidity and not "misinformed".

get at me"wanted" a ps3 read. - $700 (moreno valley) Date: 2012-05-12, 12:10PM PDT
Reply to:

wanted a xbox 360 ill trade for a new home theater retailed at 2400 dollars its new.. you cam sell for a easy 700 dollars... call 951

5I45W65Ja3K23Lb3M9c5753294e72642715ac.jpg

O'rly?

lmao ^^. I can't even really understand that post he says PS3 then he says 360 wanted......and he's going to trade it for a $2400 home entertainment system? I wouldn't pay $2400 or $700 or $50 for that junk but that's me.

This is a pretty common surround system scam. Basically worthless junk touted as worth 2 grand. Usually scammers flag people down in parking lots and tell them how these are worth 2 grand and they have extra stock and try to sell them to you for whatever you have. You get home and either speakers are empty or you have a speaker system with the power of clock radio speakers.

I don't know if this guy was scammed and trying to get something out of it or what. Or maybe he is a scammer.

[quote name='KtMack23']Lol I've responded to 3 or 4 ads that have said to ask them for a list of games, and I've never gotten a responce. What do they expect, me to buy the games before I know what they are!?[/QUOTE]

They are obviously phishing you... I never reply to those kind of ads. If the seller wishes to *require* me to email them for some kind of additional details that could have easily been put in the ad (aside from their phone number - as that is understandable that one would not want to post their cell in a public forum for all to see), then that is an immediate red flag for me...

[quote name='ZombieToast']I've never heard of Lubbock, but I vote for it to be nuked immediately.[/QUOTE]

Replace the 2nd "b" with a "c" and you have got it. He obviously misspelled it...

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']Replace the 2nd "b" with a "c" and you have got it. He obviously misspelled it...[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but wtf are you talking about it? It is spelled Lubbock. I've lived here most of my life.

old nintendo with games - $100 (San Diego)

Date: 2012-05-12, 5:25PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Hi,

I found an old Nintendo machine in my garage and don't want it anymore, It's the first one with the part that flips up so you can put the game in.

It has one controller and an orange gun and these games:

Mario Duck Hunting
Rad Racer
Nintendo World Championships (the game is a shiny gold)
The Legends of Zelda (this one is also gold)
Golfing
Super Mario 2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Please send me an email if you would like to buy or come see this. I can't post pictures unfortunately because I don't have a digital camera.

No minorities please.

Thank You

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/3012242703.html

[quote name='pollmonster']old nintendo with games - $100 (San Diego)

Hi,

I found an old Nintendo machine in my garage and don't want it anymore, It's the first one with the part that flips up so you can put the game in.

Mario Duck Hunting
Rad Racer
Golfing
Super Mario 2

Please send me an email if you would like to buy or come see this. I can't post pictures unfortunately because I don't have a digital camera.

No minorities please.

Thank You

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/3012242703.html[/QUOTE]

lol isn't that "Nintendo World Championships (the game is a shiny gold)" game worth like $15k? Of course even if that ad is real (which I doubt)

http://denver.craigslist.org/vgd/3011420309.html

Gameboy w/ Games - $54 (denver)

Date: 2012-05-12, 10:46AM MDT

I have a nintendo gameboy advance SP. The color is onyx black with black buttons. It has a little bit of wears and scratches but its still in good shape and works. All buttons work good. Both the charging light and power light work too. Ive also got two gameboy games one is pokemon ruby and the other is pokemon mystery dungeon red rescue team and they both work great. The only thing I dont have is a charger. Im selling the gameboy for $54 and both games for $54 each. Email me if you have any questions.

I'm sorry but what? Of course there are no pictures either but STILL. Also saw an ad for someone asking 60 for a GH copy of Parasite Eve...

Hi,

Mario Duck Hunting
Rad Racer
Golfing
Super Mario 2

No minorities please.

Thank You

Actually this isn't bad. Original NES' aren't cheap anymore. I believe the going prices for them are $60 or $70. Then you add all the games in. I don't know know what to say about that Nintendo World Championships if it's real it's worth a fortune but there's no way in hell it is. Regardless assuming it's a fake I don't think this belongs in this section under Craigslist stupidity.

Edit: Wait what is this? "No minorities please" Ok there is a reason for this to be here LMFAO that's freakin hilarious.

Someone should email him and tell him that they're a big black dude with a 12 inch penix that wants to come by and check out his "NES"

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']but der is tones of gamez. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'll only buy it if der iz an ps3 an sellen az a bundle

Hi,

Mario Duck Hunting
Rad Racer
Golfing
Super Mario 2

No minorities please.

Thank You

Obvious troll is obvious

This time it's not a seller, it's a buyer.

IVmZZ.png

9 is the new one that's just called "Mortal Kombat" right?

Maybe Santa Claus surfs craigslist and likes to give away free stuff, I doubt anyone else would.

Original Nintendo (NES) w/2 Games - $100 (San Diego)

Date: 2012-05-13, 6:39PM PDT

I have an original Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) for sale for $100.

*Comes with 2 video games (Jeopardy! 25th Anniversary Edition & SNK Baseball Stars).
*Comes with 2 original controllers.
*Comes with AV cords & adapter.

*Works in excellent condition.
*No cracks on the system.
*Selling it because I bought a PS3 and I don't play the NES as often as I use to.
*Will meet up anywhere in San Diego and asking for cash only.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/3013817085.html

http://denver.craigslist.org/vgm/3013814614.html

Boxer for trade (Westminster)

Date: 2012-05-13, 7:37PM MDT
I have a 3y/o pure bred boxer that my apt wont let me keep.
Im lookin to trade for a xbox 360 with at least 2 controllers and games, racing, mortal kombat, guitar hero games ect. Let me know im open to offers as well

Trading a dog for videogames. I can't say how disgusted I am (Should I feel disgusted? Because I feel disgusted)

I don't see any reason for it to be disgusting other than all of that stuff being worth way more than a dog (at least in my eyes). But I do think it's weird how many people post ads like that. I see that every other time I check Craigslist.

[quote name='pollmonster']Original Nintendo (NES) w/2 Games - $100 (San Diego)

Date: 2012-05-13, 6:39PM PDT

I have an original Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) for sale for $100.

*Comes with 2 video games (Jeopardy! 25th Anniversary Edition & SNK Baseball Stars).
*Comes with 2 original controllers.
*Comes with AV cords & adapter.

*Works in excellent condition.
*No cracks on the system.
*Selling it because I bought a PS3 and I don't play the NES as often as I use to.
*Will meet up anywhere in San Diego and asking for cash only.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/3013817085.html[/QUOTE]

what is the actual value of the system with those games? I doubt anyone will pay him the $100 so maybe he will take an actual value offer

Just look in the pets section, people try to trade pets for stuff all the time. That, or they want straight cash which they justify by calling it some bullshit like "re-homing" fee. Yeah, because charging someone to take the pet you don't want any longer will somehow ensure they go to a good home.

You actually are insane if you give your pet to someone for free. Lots of labs take these animals for testing and pay. You have to charge enough that they can't make money taking it to a lab. You can't guarantee a good home but you can do that.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']
NIiuR.png

emot-ughh.gif
[/QUOTE]

The Pokemon games alone currently sell between 30-50 a piece. So saying at max that is $150, maybe a used DS at $100. 8 other gameboy games at $3 a piece is $24 so we are at $275. Then 9 DS games for maybe $10 a piece we'd be at $365. So is his price that far off?

His biggest problem is trying to sell it in a bundle. As you pointed out those might be individual prices he could get but alot of people might not want everything for $360.

[quote name='Bing147']You actually are insane if you give your pet to someone for free. Lots of labs take these animals for testing and pay. You have to charge enough that they can't make money taking it to a lab. You can't guarantee a good home but you can do that.[/QUOTE]

Then use the fee as a donation to an organization that helps animals, some people do that, that's reasonable.

Most of the ads I've seen come across as irresponsible idiots trying to make a quick buck on something they were likely never responsible enough to have.

Even then, those prices are reaching pretty far. Those pokemon games will likely not sell for more than $25 a piece even the DS games. A used DS by itself is $60.

After fees, if he sold online, there's no way $360 is a deal.

if he was selling at MSRP then he'd be in the ballpark.

Surround Sound System McLaren MT-7 - $600 (redlands)

Date: 2012-04-20, 2:18PM PDT
Reply to:
It is a 6 piece system
* DIGITAL HD SOUND READY
*1500 Watt Total System Power
*Sub, 500 Watt Program
*Front, Center & Surround Power (5x200 watts)
*10" Long Throw Active Driver
* Crossover Slope Adjusted to 80Hz
* Efficiency: 88 dB
* Impedance: 4-8 Ohms
* Magnetically Shielded Center Speaker
* Color: Piano Black Lacquer Finish
* Weight: Gross/41.53lbs Net/36.8lbs

Compatible with:
-Mp3
-Psp
-Pda
-Cd
-Laptop
-Fm
-Tv
-Xbox & ps3

Brand new still in the box 1500 total watts sub woofer 500 watts . Top of the line surround sound, very nice I have the same system set up at home. This will blast out the neighbors. Total retail price is $2000 posted on the box I'm asking $600 obo call brandon at 909

5Ne5I75W13K33Ib3lbc57e0ee7705b98f19d0.jpg

More of these speakers. I heard these were scams.

It doesn't surprise me that people who get scammed buying these try to resell them to recoup something. Sadly its a lose lose.

I've been approached twice by people trying to pull this scam. Once at a grocery store parking lot, basically some guy in a SUV asking if I was interested in buying a home theater system. I told him no and left. Same thing at a Sam's Club parking lot, some guy asked if I wanted to buy home theater speakers worth 2000 for cheap. I told him no, and he kept pushing until I was able to get in the store and he didn't follow. By the time I was done shopping, he was gone.

[quote name='wugenius']
I've been approached twice by people trying to pull this scam. Once at a grocery store parking lot, basically some guy in a SUV asking if I was interested in buying a home theater system. I told him no and left. Same thing at a Sam's Club parking lot, some guy asked if I wanted to buy home theater speakers worth 2000 for cheap. I told him no, and he kept pushing until I was able to get in the store and he didn't follow. By the time I was done shopping, he was gone.[/QUOTE]

It's a very common scam across the country. Guy in a van drives around busy parking lots trying to look worried, explaining "my boss overbought these fantastic speakers and I NEED to unload them today. $100 for a top-of-the-line pair and they're yours." Doesn't matter the brand of the speakers, they are absolute junk. I feel bad for the people that get taken.

bread's done
Back