Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='therealdanhill']Get phone numbers. If they play that game, sign them up for some courtesy calls from various businesses. Credit card companies are good ones, they'll hound you. Timeshares as well.[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea. I mean, it takes 2 seconds to say "I changed my mind". Instead you're just left hanging. I've signed people up for spam before, never phone though. I should try that. I'm afraid of the karma though.

http://racine.craigslist.org/vgm/3207312418.html

PLAY STATION 2 FOR YOUR PC - $40 (RACINE)

Date: 2012-08-15, 12:47PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I HAVE A PLAY STATION 2 THAT PLUGS IN TO YOUR PC COMPUTER, I AHVE NO CONTROLLERS THOUGH, I DO HAVE THE AC ADAPTER AND TV PLUG INS, IF INTERESTED CALL TONY 262-321-9437

I would love to contact this guy and ask how it plugs into my "pc computer" and what it does once it is plugged into it.

I have these games for sale

WCW vs the world
The simpsons road rage
Tony Hawks Pad Skater
Tomorrow Never Dies 007
Need For Speed High Stakes
NFL Blitz2000
Tony Hawks pro skater
NFL Extreeme 2
Gran Turismo 3
007 Racing
NFL Blitz 2001

$40 Takes them all

[quote name='TheHelix']I have these games for sale

WCW vs the world
The simpsons road rage
Tony Hawks Pad Skater
Tomorrow Never Dies 007
Need For Speed High Stakes
NFL Blitz2000
Tony Hawks pro skater
NFL Extreeme 2
Gran Turismo 3
007 Racing
NFL Blitz 2001

$40 Takes them all[/QUOTE]

Got change for a $50? LOL

[quote name='backseatdog']Come on dude, 60 games x $50 retail for each game = $3000. That's not even including tax or the system itself. $650 is a steal.[/QUOTE]

$50?! I think you're forgetting all the shovelware out there. Plus the fact that they downloaded all those games for free.

[quote name='Nick45']$50?! I think you're forgetting all the shovelware out there. Plus the fact that they downloaded all those games for free.[/QUOTE]
What if they ripped the ISOs themselves?

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']That's a good idea. I mean, it takes 2 seconds to say "I changed my mind". Instead you're just left hanging. I've signed people up for spam before, never phone though. I should try that. I'm afraid of the karma though.[/QUOTE]

What about the charge of Criminal Harassment, which in the state of Massachusetts carries a penalty of up to 2 1/2 years in prison and/or $1,000, as well as the results of any civil litigation, surely that's worse than/is karma?

I speak from experience of having someone do it to me. Not worth it for a shitty Craigslist deal or otherwise, Civil Litigation yielded a decent chunk of change.

[quote name='lmz00']What if they ripped the ISOs themselves?[/QUOTE]

Whether they did or not, all the games are on an external HDD, rendering them valueless, unlike the actual copies. If they ripped them (assuming they did), why don't they include the actual disks?

Not on craigslist although I've seen ads such as these advertising FPS tournaments for cash prizes, but this just seems too damn sketchy to me. These flyers pop up from time to time in ghetto/poor areas (next to the hand made "we buy houses 4 cash any condition" and "we buy cars cash money bling bling" ones), just sound like a con/hustle to me. Show up with your $100 cash buy in or whatever to some abandoned warehouse location probably and either get rolled or the tournament is staged somehow.

20DEEEB3-BEC1-4EB0-927E-83939C58763E-850-000001702EE2034C.jpg

[quote name='ferant316']What about the charge of Criminal Harassment, which in the state of Massachusetts carries a penalty of up to 2 1/2 years in prison and/or $1,000, as well as the results of any civil litigation, surely that's worse than/is karma?

I speak from experience of having someone do it to me. Not worth it for a shitty Craigslist deal or otherwise, Civil Litigation yielded a decent chunk of change.[/QUOTE]I don't see how anyone would find out you did it unless you were really dumb about it. Sign them up for like two things a week for a month, or until you aren't pissed off anymore. Are the Cops really going to spend resources on someone getting too many spam emails or solicitation calls? Would they make the companies (some of which may not even be in the US) trace back the IP address and date and time of who posted their number to the site?

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Holy shit this guy is selling Modern Warfare 4???

uZJDq.png
[/QUOTE]

He must be a time traveler! Someone should find out if he has a Delorean! :lol:

[quote name='Nick45']He must be a time traveler! Someone should find out if he has a Delorean! :lol:[/QUOTE]
I almost had a Delorean at one point, till I saw the price the owner wanted($10k). It was parked on some dusty backroad up the line from me and I happened to see it when I was hanging out with my one buddy and we were on our way to his one friends' house.

Since then I've seen one more for sale or being repaired around here but I didn't bother stopping to gawk.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I almost had a Delorean at one point, till I saw the price the owner wanted($10k). It was parked on some dusty backroad up the line from me and I happened to see it when I was hanging out with my one buddy and we were on our way to his one friends' house.

Since then I've seen one more for sale or being repaired around here but I didn't bother stopping to gawk.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

That's cool! I just looked up how much they (DMC-12) sell for now, and if it was running, that actually would have been a good deal compared to what I saw them priced for. People seem to think that since it was in Back to the Future, people will automatically buy them for more than new cars cost today :roll:

[quote name='Nick45']That's cool! I just looked up how much they (DMC-12) sell for now, and if it was running, that actually would have been a good deal compared to what I saw them priced for. People seem to think that since it was in Back to the Future, people will automatically buy them for more than new cars cost today :roll:[/QUOTE]
Actually somebody bought up the remaining stock of parts that were leftover from when Delorean was still making the cars a while ago with the intention of putting together as many of the cars as possible from those parts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeLorean_DMC-12#DMC_Texas.27_new_build_cars

[quote name='karkyco']Not on craigslist although I've seen ads such as these advertising FPS tournaments for cash prizes, but this just seems too damn sketchy to me. These flyers pop up from time to time in ghetto/poor areas (next to the hand made "we buy houses 4 cash any condition" and "we buy cars cash money bling bling" ones), just sound like a con/hustle to me. Show up with your $100 cash buy in or whatever to some abandoned warehouse location probably and either get rolled or the tournament is staged somehow.

20DEEEB3-BEC1-4EB0-927E-83939C58763E-850-000001702EE2034C.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This craigslist ad reminded me of your post. Has scam written all over it.

http://lubbock.craigslist.org/vgm/3213675305.html

[quote name='jer7583']That was the marketing speak that GameStop was using when they stopped taking GameCube trade ins. Someone thought that meant it was worth something.

People are stupid.[/QUOTE]

lol it all makes sense now

Was looking through some nearby Craigslist ads and saw this one.... WOW a crappy looking old XBOX with a bunch of bootleg ish for $875?

http://montgomery.craigslist.org/vgm/3205987306.html

XBOX with a ton of games - $875 (Montgomery, Prattville, or... )

I HAVE A REALLY SPECIAL XBOX FOR SALE. THIS IS A XBOX WITH CORDS TO PLUG INTO THE TV AND OUTLIT, AND TWO CONTROLLERS AND HAS XBOX GAMES, CLASSIC AND 90'S ARCADE GAMES, AND NES GAMES DOWNLOADED IN IT ALREADY. GAMES THAT ARE INCLUDED ARE: AREA 51, BLACK, BURNOUT 3, CALL OF DUTY 2 AND 3, CAPCOM CLASSICS, CAPCOM VS, SNK 2 EO, CASTLEVANIA COD, CRIMELIFE, D&D HEROES, DARKWATCH, DEAD OR ALIVE ULTIMATE, DOOM 3, FABLE, FINAL FIGHT STREETWISE, GRAND THEFT AUTO 3, GRAND THEFT AUTO SAN ANDREAS, GUILTY GEAR X 2, GUN, KILLER INSTINCT XXX, HALF LIFE 2, HALO 2 GUN, MADDEN 08' MANHUNT, MARVEL UTLIMATE ALLIANCE, EVERY NES GAME YOU CAN THINK OF, MEGAMAN ANNIVERSARY COLLECTON, MIDWAY, CAPCOM, KONMANI, NEO GEO AND A VAST ASSORTMENT OF ARCADE GAMES, MERCENARIES, MLB 2K7, MORTAL KOMBAT 7, MORTAL KOMBAT PACK, NAMCO MUSEUM 50TH ANNIVERSARY, NBA LIVE 2005, ALL SEGA GENSIS GAMESNIN , NEED FOR SPEED HOT PURSUIT AND NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND 2, NEED FOR SPEED CARBON, NINJA GAIDEN BLACK, SOME PLAYSTATION GAMES SUCH AS MEGAMAN X4, 5, 6, STRIDER 2, SILENT HILL, RIVAL SCHOOLS, AND THE EXLUSIVE VAMPIRE HUNTER D, PRICE OF PERSIA WW, AND T2T, RIDDICK, SCARFACE, SERIOUS SAM 2, SONIC MEGA COLLECTION, SOUL CALIBUR 2, SPIDERMAN2, STARWARS RUPUBLIC COMMANDO, STAR WARS EPISODE 3, STREET FIGHTER ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION, SUPERMAN RETURNS, SOME NINTENDO 64 GAMES, THE GODFATHER, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, THE KING OF FIGHTERS NEOWAVE, THE PUNISHER, THE SIMPSONS HIT AND RUN, THE SUFFERING 2, THE WARRIORS, TMNT 3, XMUGEN, ALL SUPER NINTENDO GAMES, TONY HAWKS UNDERGROUND 2, AND SOOOOOOOOO MUCHHHHHHHHH MORE,.

Would be interested in hearing any other monetary offer, but please let them be reasonable as this is an amazing deal and the only reason i'm selling is because i've hit extremely hard times.

Call me at 334-430-7543 if interested only, (PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE IF I DON'T ANSWER AND I'LL RESPOND ASAP)don't want to waste my and your time, thank you and happy buying to you.

5Ia5L25Hd3K63N83Hbc8e3364d2cddbd51b52.jpg

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually somebody bought up the remaining stock of parts that were leftover from when Delorean was still making the cars a while ago with the intention of putting together as many of the cars as possible from those parts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeLorean_DMC-12#DMC_Texas.27_new_build_cars[/QUOTE]

There was a similar operation, maybe the same one, several years ago that was using DeLorean parts with modern engines and transmissions, with modern features, to make cars for 50-60k.

Would be pretty badass to have one, even though stainless steel is brittle and heavy.

I saw one about 4 years ago that some guy was hauling at a rest stop, it was crushed, a tree had fallen on it during a hurricane. Poor car only had something like 500 original miles.

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']Was looking through some nearby Craigslist ads and saw this one.... WOW a crappy looking old XBOX with a bunch of bootleg ish for $875?

http://montgomery.craigslist.org/vgm/3205987306.html

XBOX with a ton of games - $875 (Montgomery, Prattville, or... )

I HAVE A REALLY SPECIAL XBOX FOR SALE. THIS IS A XBOX WITH CORDS TO PLUG INTO THE TV AND OUTLIT, AND TWO CONTROLLERS AND HAS XBOX GAMES, CLASSIC AND 90'S ARCADE GAMES, AND NES GAMES DOWNLOADED IN IT ALREADY. GAMES THAT ARE INCLUDED ARE: AREA 51, BLACK, BURNOUT 3, CALL OF DUTY 2 AND 3, CAPCOM CLASSICS, CAPCOM VS, SNK 2 EO, CASTLEVANIA COD, CRIMELIFE, D&D HEROES, DARKWATCH, DEAD OR ALIVE ULTIMATE, DOOM 3, FABLE, FINAL FIGHT STREETWISE, GRAND THEFT AUTO 3, GRAND THEFT AUTO SAN ANDREAS, GUILTY GEAR X 2, GUN, KILLER INSTINCT XXX, HALF LIFE 2, HALO 2 GUN, MADDEN 08' MANHUNT, MARVEL UTLIMATE ALLIANCE, EVERY NES GAME YOU CAN THINK OF, MEGAMAN ANNIVERSARY COLLECTON, MIDWAY, CAPCOM, KONMANI, NEO GEO AND A VAST ASSORTMENT OF ARCADE GAMES, MERCENARIES, MLB 2K7, MORTAL KOMBAT 7, MORTAL KOMBAT PACK, NAMCO MUSEUM 50TH ANNIVERSARY, NBA LIVE 2005, ALL SEGA GENSIS GAMESNIN , NEED FOR SPEED HOT PURSUIT AND NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND 2, NEED FOR SPEED CARBON, NINJA GAIDEN BLACK, SOME PLAYSTATION GAMES SUCH AS MEGAMAN X4, 5, 6, STRIDER 2, SILENT HILL, RIVAL SCHOOLS, AND THE EXLUSIVE VAMPIRE HUNTER D, PRICE OF PERSIA WW, AND T2T, RIDDICK, SCARFACE, SERIOUS SAM 2, SONIC MEGA COLLECTION, SOUL CALIBUR 2, SPIDERMAN2, STARWARS RUPUBLIC COMMANDO, STAR WARS EPISODE 3, STREET FIGHTER ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION, SUPERMAN RETURNS, SOME NINTENDO 64 GAMES, THE GODFATHER, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, THE KING OF FIGHTERS NEOWAVE, THE PUNISHER, THE SIMPSONS HIT AND RUN, THE SUFFERING 2, THE WARRIORS, TMNT 3, XMUGEN, ALL SUPER NINTENDO GAMES, TONY HAWKS UNDERGROUND 2, AND SOOOOOOOOO MUCHHHHHHHHH MORE,.

Would be interested in hearing any other monetary offer, but please let them be reasonable as this is an amazing deal and the only reason i'm selling is because i've hit extremely hard times.

Call me at 334-430-7543 if interested only, (PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE IF I DON'T ANSWER AND I'LL RESPOND ASAP)don't want to waste my and your time, thank you and happy buying to you.

5Ia5L25Hd3K63N83Hbc8e3364d2cddbd51b52.jpg

[/QUOTE]

emot-ughh.gif
Idiots that think they're going to get paid for having a hacked system. Isn't that the whole point of having a hacked system is to get games for cheaper/free??? You could buy the originals of all those for less than the amount he's selling that for. What a moron.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']
emot-ughh.gif
Idiots that think they're going to get paid for having a hacked system. Isn't that the whole point of having a hacked system is to get games for cheaper/free??? You could buy the originals of all those for less than the amount he's selling that for. What a moron.[/QUOTE]
yeah, but "THIS IS A XBOX WITH CORDS TO PLUG INTO THE TV AND OUTLIT..."

[quote name='TheHelix']http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgd/3180824198.html

This is a pretty odd price point for a 360. Sounds like a junkie.[/QUOTE]

Thats spam for sure

I see those all the time for various items 360,ps3,kindle ext..

You name it and there's a similar ad for it

Plus they give no contact information other then the email through craigslist but yet they say to call or text them.

In the case of that ad it says

give me a call if interested (Email Please) ,but yet there is no number given.

[quote name='jer7583']Just some dumb kids thinking their shitty ps2 Common crap is worth anything.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/3203944094.html

playstation 2 deal of the centry!!! must look!!!!!!!! you wont be disappointed a - $250 (southside milwaukee)

Date: 2012-08-13, 8:20PM CDT

Starting off with im not negotiating on the price with this one too much! This is a great deal and only real gamers will understand why. The playstation 2 in the sony franchise whas one of the best creations they could have made. Mainly because of the systems durability and elasticity. Meaning its a long lasting system and will not disappoint you! Now enough of the stuff you may call boring and on to the details of todays deal! Im selling my playstation 2 with 27 games AND COUNTING!! Me and my brother are still searching for games around the house!! With seven i repeat SEVEN dualshock 2 controllers. As u can see there is guitar hero in the photos soooo im also including two guitars. Wich i must also repeat two guitars. Cmon people this is a steal! And EVERYTHING inculded works!! Your not going to become bored for a verry long time and thats guaranteed! And im including two 8mb memory cards and a cheatcode book okaii enough with info now to the pics scroll down and take a look![/QUOTE]

I love the note of the system being both durable, and elastic...Really hits the point.

Snes Original box - $300 (Oceanside )

Date: 2012-08-22, 4:08PM PDT
Reply to: see below

With 2 games : super Mario land 2 and Mario paint
It's all original except the connector for the tv I had to get a after market one
Asking$300 or best offer

Email or call me @ 1(760)450-8092

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 3223139707

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/vgm/3223139707.html

might be worth that if it was brand new/sealed which it doesn't sound like

I put up an ad for NES-001 toaster and get replies from no less than three people who are trying to wish it into being a toploader. It's like really people, you expect to get a $90 toploader with 5 games for $35???

[quote name='jer7583']I am guessing that the us government would be very interested in speaking with this gentleman.[/QUOTE]

Cool item, the end is probably capped off though. Somebody should try trading for it; I'm betting it's worth more than $300...

Had a back and forth with a lady who wanted $90 for a PS1, 2 controllers, and 3 crap games. Told her Goodwill cant even sell them for $8 apiece and the other stuff for $4 apiece. She goes on to tell me how GW sells clothes for a dime a piece and shoes for a nickel and that "real ppl use Ebay". I said "well okay I went on Ebay and if you type in "Playstation 1 AND check "Completed Auctions" youll see tons of unsold $10 bundles." She hasnt responded.

XBox - no charge - must pick up (Harlem / Morningside)
Date: 2012-08-24, 4:34PM EDT

My son has been grounded and I am giving away his xbox and games. Three controllers. I would throw it out but do not want it to go to waste. First come first serve. -omitted-Available any time the evening or weekend.

it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 3227236393

Ha that's hilarious. That'll show 'im! Throwing away at least $350 worth of stuff.

bread's done
Back