YMMV 50% Previously Played games @ Blockbuster for Memorial Day Weekend

neudog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
281 (100%)
My local Blockbuster is running a Memorial Day 50% off sale on all previously viewed/played games and movies. I picked up Metroid Prime 3 (Wii/$15)Turok (360/$15), Family Guy (PS2/$5), Star Wars:Republic Coomando (Xbox/$5). Most of there stock was last gen, but they did have some current gen games. Here is what I can remember (prices before discount):

Wii

Manhunt $24.99
Sonic and the Secret Rings $29.99
Pirates of the Caribbean: AWE $29.99
Spiderman 3 $29.99

MLB 2K8 $29.99
Two Worlds $24.99
Dark Messiah $29.99
Fantastic Four $29.99
Superman $19.99
Eragon $19.99
Spiderman 3 $19.99
Phantasy Star $24.99
Stuntman Ignition $29.99
Armored Core 4 $29.99

PS3

Oblivion $29.99
Full Auto 2 $29.99

This is all I could remember and titles will vary at locations. Hopefully some of you will have a similar sale in your local area.:D

Its funny how much the prices change from one week to the next. They jacked all the prices up around 10 before the sell. Thats cool! Most of those games were 14.99 used last week.

[quote name='neudog']My local Blockbuster is running a Memorial Day 50% off sale on all previously viewed played games and movies. I picked up Metroid Prime 3 (Wii/$15)Turok (360/$15), Family Guy (PS2/$5), Star Wars:Republic Coomando (Xbox/$5). Most of there stock was last gen, but they did have some current gen games. Here is what I can remember (prices before discount):

Wii

Manhunt $24.99
Sonic and the Secret Rings $29.99
Spiderman 3 $29.99

MLB 2K8 $29.99
Two Worlds $24.99
Dark Messiah $29.99
Fantastic Four $29.99
Superman $19.99
Eragon $19.99
Spiderman 3 $19.99
Phantasy Star $24.99
Stuntman Ignition $29.99
Armored Core 4 $29.99

PS3

Oblivion $29.99
Full Auto 2 $29.99

This is all I could remember and titles will vary at locations. Hopefully some of you will have a similar sale in your local area.:D[/QUOTE]
$15 for Metroid 3?!?!?!?!?! I just hope it's at my local Blockbuster as well, do you have to be a member in order to buy from them?

[quote name='MikeHoncho']$15 for Metroid 3?!?!?!?!?! I just hope it's at my local Blockbuster as well, do you have to be a member in order to buy from them?[/quote]

nope, but its free even if you had to

Turok and Armored Core 4 for $15 a piece? Man, I hope this is highly YMMV, or I'm in for yet another big spending weekend. Seriously need a break from all these deals.

Mine is doing this as well, i got a thing in the mail about it. 50% all used movies and games. Hopefully they ahve some good stuff, will check tomorrow.

My mailer says it doesn't start til tomorrow though.

[quote name='JolietJake']Mine is doing this as well, i got a thing in the mail about it. 50% all used movies and games. Hopefully they ahve some good stuff, will check tomorrow.

My mailer says it doesn't start til tomorrow though.[/QUOTE]

do you live near the OP?

[quote name='JolietJake']Mine is doing this as well, i got a thing in the mail about it. 50% all used movies and games. Hopefully they ahve some good stuff, will check tomorrow.

My mailer says it doesn't start til tomorrow though.[/QUOTE]

Anyone have a scan of this "mailer"?

I went to my local BB today and they had some games piled on a table in the middle of the store. No signs and they were priced as marked today at least, I have no idea if there's a sale tomorrow. I'll probably go back there in the morning anyway because they had Spider-Man 3 and POTC for 360 both complete for $10 a piece. Good enough for me to bite even without a sale.

[quote name='guinaevere']JJake, by any chance can you ask if your BB is a franchise store?[/quote]

It should say so on the receipt if it is.

I was at BB today picking up my Wii Fit (the one and only preorder, lol -- paying in full with credit when preordering means no tax, apparently. Aweosme) and I didn't see any signs for this. Can anyone else confirm if this is nationwide?

[quote name='Manatee']I was at my local corporate store today, no sale. I love how some of the prices the OP listed are regular prices, too/[/quote]

He said "Prices Before Discount," learn to read and grow the fuck up.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Its funny how much the prices change from one week to the next. They jacked all the prices up around 10 before the sell. Thats cool! Most of those games were 14.99 used last week.[/quote]

Blockbuster is ridiculous like that. They've been doing this as long as I can remember.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']He said "Prices Before Discount," learn to read and grow the fuck up.[/quote]
Lower the flames a bit why don't you? No need to act like a jerk. He meant that what was the point of putting up the full price since he knew how much they would get discounted, why not put up after discount prices. Please think before typing next time.

[quote name='MikeHoncho']Lower the flames a bit why don't you? No need to act like a jerk. He meant that what was the point of putting up the full price since he knew how much they would get discounted, why not put up after discount prices. Please think before typing next time.[/quote]

Because, lately, people who have been putting up legit deals have been getting flamed by ingrateful people acting like dicks, and its really getting old. Its quite clear what he meant was a slight against the OP, there's no need to interpret.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Because, lately, people who have been putting up legit deals have been getting flamed by ingrateful people acting like dicks, and its really getting old. Its quite clear what he meant was a slight against the OP, there's no need to interpret.[/QUOTE]
There are no flaming in his post, just a remark which is pretty much a suggestion to change the prices listed, you on the other hand is the one that's flaming. I have the right to interpret against flamers

I don't.

Slim, your point is taken, but the comment could have been made without the aggression.

A reminder, if you see a poster getting chided for reporting a less than stellar deal, you can report the offending posts. If I'm on at the time, you can always PM me as well and I'll look at it right away. We're pretty lax in a lot of other areas, but the Main Deals Forums should be pretty cut & dry. I know y'all can handle that.

A few things, yes i do live near the OP (Hendersonville) and yes my store is a franchise store, as are all the ones in this area. I think the closest corporate store is in Memphis.

I went yesterday and they didn't have much, just a bunch of older gen games, most looked pretty beat up and faded.

You'll have to excuse the crappy scan.

bbadscanux8.jpg

Any stores in Socal doing this?
I couldn't find any in Anaheim area.
One store told me that they are having a special where older system games are 4.99 to rent.
Some special indeed!!

I bought 3 pieces of framed artwork (Heroes, Crystal Skull, and Temple of Doom). If one of my blockbusters is participating in this sale and I get my reciepts, will they give me half of my credit back from these posters I bought before (I bought them all on gift card credit). It's just barely been less than 2 weeks since I bought them.

I went to a Blockbuster last night that was having "Customer Appreciation Night" and noticed that some of the framed posters were on clearance for $14.99 (half price). Most were still regular price, though, and there was no indication of any game sale.

I'm still guessing this is a franchise store thing - the prices the OP posted are for the most part higher than normal and others have verified that they are still the lower prices at their stores. I guess it is possible it is a regional thing, too, though they usually don't adjust prices differently in different areas (for corporate stores that is).

I checked 7 stores around Chicago suburbs and none of them heard of this sale. All that I called were Corporate (some didn't know what that meant), and I was told that the nearest franchise was in Indiana--not too far, but probably not worth it.

I think most of the BB stores here in TN are owned by one group, i used to know the name but i can't remember it now. It could be a promo that just those stores owned by them are doing.

Instead of asking if they are having a sale, someone should just take a used game up to the cashier and ask for a price check. If it rings up half what it is, you know you hit the jackpot. Who cares if the employees don't know anything about. That means more gold nuggets for us!!!

[quote name='GoVols']Instead of asking if they are having a sale, someone should just take a used game up to the cashier and ask for a price check. If it rings up half what it is, you know you hit the jackpot. Who cares if the employees don't know anything about. That means more gold nuggets for us!!![/quote]

Well, all right then. I'll give it a try tomorrow and report back. I have a feeling I'm not going to be lucky, but it sure would be nice to get Metroid Prime 3 for 15 bucks so it's worth a shot.

I live in Chicago and I have had no luck. 3 different Blockbuster stores here on the northside of the city and none of them knew anything about this sale. I guess most metropolitan areas are probably out of luck. they had several copies of Uncharted and Halo 3 and the price check came back full price. :(

[quote name='GoVols']Instead of asking if they are having a sale, someone should just take a used game up to the cashier and ask for a price check. If it rings up half what it is, you know you hit the jackpot. Who cares if the employees don't know anything about. That means more gold nuggets for us!!![/quote]
Why would a store running a sale not have signs up? I know this happens (rarely) , but come on.

Anyway, my store is not a franchise store and is not running this in western Washington.

[quote name='mephitical']Why would a store running a sale not have signs up? I know this happens (rarely) , but come on.

Anyway, my store is not a franchise store and is not running this in western Washington.[/quote]
That happens around here pretty often at Blockbuster/Gamerush. Last B1G1 I had to ask about it at one store and they had no idea so they looked through a few things and found a barcode to scan to enact the B1G1F. Without pointing it out to them I would have paid for both games.

bread's done
Back