YMMV $99 Vita Best Buy

I was at my local Sears and saw they were having a super manger's special, selling Earthbound for the SNES, new, CIB with the book and everything: $39.99.

Posted a picture below. I have a really old phone so it may not look clear.

YMMV.

119nzw5.jpg
You can rent it for $10 and trade it back in to Amazon for $30.

I was at my local Sears and saw they were having a super manger's special, selling Earthbound for the SNES, new, CIB with the book and everything: $39.99.

YMMV
:rofl:

I guess someone finally found the mythical hidden stash of that associate they fired 20 years ago.

I tried at the store at I-25 and Colorado, no luck.

Someone at GAF had luck price matching the deal at the Colorado Mills location.
so i tried at the mills store and they said they had one of the wifi only models laying around that had sold for that price but they would not be able to sell the 3g/wifi model at that same price but he did say they would be moving the last of the stock of those models very soon so maybe a sale is coming??

I'm try finding one these never got one before cause always had a Nintendo handheld and always felt the vita was overpriced at $200 but at $100 I will bite but I see LCD and oled mentioned is one better then the other?
No the Vita really isn't. It's like a portable PS3 and the hardware specs make the 3DS look like a comparable piece of garbage. Might even be the most powerful mobile device(cellphones et al) when you take into account the speed of RAM and processor. 3D is the real perk for the 3DS.
Add in the OLED and it just makies Nintendo look like dicks for not including it. Heck if only the U.S. model of the 3DS only had OLED I would buy that and mod it to play Japanese 3DS games instead of just buying a Japanese 3DS.

For OLED it's the successor to CRT. It's basically like having a slim CRT screen on the go, but better because it can do a higher resolution. Don't waste your money on the PS Vita slims, you might as well flush your money down the toilet given the garbage screen that will replace it(yes, I'm calling LCD a garbage tech. now, far outdated and can't do proper black levels, just look it up).

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorely lacking on the software side in comparison to the 3DS, but you're right that's some nice hardware.
i think Sony is going to start promoting it as a kind of ps4 mate where you can play a bunch of ps4 games on it and it'll be the handheld indie machine!

but anyways. tried to PM at legacy Best Buy in SATX but they said no. that the price is a sale that some stores have and others don't :( oh well

i think Sony is going to start promoting it as a kind of ps4 mate where you can play a bunch of ps4 games on it and it'll be the handheld indie machine!

but anyways. tried to PM at legacy Best Buy in SATX but they said no. that the price is a sale that some stores have and others don't :( oh well

Yep. I actually had zero interest in the thing until i decided in picking up a ps4 in the future. Smart strategy.

Yep. I actually had zero interest in the thing until i decided in picking up a ps4 in the future. Smart strategy.
Terrible strategy. It's a dead piece of hardware. People shouldn't listen to Sony marketers at NeoGAF for advice on Sony products.

umm it's not dead, it's hands down the best portable gaming machine.  people that say it's dead don't play a vita or have one most of the time.  it was slow out of the gate with games but it's gotten insanely good lately.

and if you have ps+ its freeeeee
I still say buy. God knows we've seen few games like "Folklore", "Madworld", "Cursed Mountain" and others this gen. "Sadness" got canned by the idiots at Nintendo and I'm still pissy. Oh I'm so very glad Sega essentially died when Sammy bought them. /sarcasm

I'll grab gravity rush when I pick one up for sure. I'll be buying anyway as I'm not a fan of plus rentals. As far as the vita being the best handheld gaming device I completely disagree. On a technical level sure, but for its actual library 3DS wins and even that has its work cut out to get on level that the DS is.

I'm hoping to see some more nation wide discounts on these sooner rather than later. Wish the slim would just be announced for the states already to help facilitate that.

umm it's not dead, it's hands down the best portable gaming machine. people that say it's dead don't play a vita or have one most of the time. it was slow out of the gate with games but it's gotten insanely good lately.
I agree that it has gotten better, but I don't think the Vita can come close to the 3DS.

Fire Emblem, Link Between Worlds, soon, Bravely Default. Not to mention some amazing Mario games, too. I do agree, though, that the Vita is picking up steam. Some really good games coming out in the future, but the 3DS is really king right now, IMHO.

Side note, IDK why people are checking to see if their BB has this for $99. It is obviously something that was on sale at one particular store. And on another side note, I grabbed my Vita off Craigslist. With box, 8GB memory stick and a game for $120. I did a search recently, saw some people selling them as low as $90.

No one ever talks about Craigslist on CAG. Always wondered why. Oh wait, "YMMV." lol

I agree that it has gotten better, but I don't think the Vita can come close to the 3DS.

Fire Emblem, Link Between Worlds, soon, Bravely Default. Not to mention some amazing Mario games, too. I do agree, though, that the Vita is picking up steam. Some really good games coming out in the future, but the 3DS is really king right now, IMHO.
I'm sure the 3DS library is fantastic, but I've realized lately it's just not for me for whatever reason. I snagged one of those Zelda 3ds xl bundles during the holiday sale at Target and a handful of games I thought I was interested in and I still haven't bothered to open it but I still play my vita nightly. I like to play fighting games. I like the indie stuff. I enjoy Pinball Arcade more than I should. I have a ridiculous number of games to play still on the vita (my 64gb card is pretty much full now). I'm sure the 3DS has the superior library for a lot of/most people, but I just can't get interested in it.

That's like saying the movies on Netflix are free.
In that you can play it as much as you want as long as you have the subscription? Yep! PS+ is a terrible deal for people that want to own all of their games forever and rarely sell/trade anything. But if you're able to finish a game and be genuinely -done- with it, it's a freaking terrific deal. I just got the plat on Gravity Rush and I will never play it again and that pleases me. I definitely have more games from the sub than I'll ever be able finish completely (~50 games of varying quality / year) which is admittedly ridiculous, but paying $30-$40 / year for those ~50 games is a no-brainer unless you *must* own your games or hate the idea of not getting any say in the games you get. Especially if you're all the way in the Sony ecosystem (PS4/PS3/Vita).

I'm sure the 3DS library is fantastic, but I've realized lately it's just not for me for whatever reason. I snagged one of those Zelda 3ds xl bundles during the holiday sale at Target and a handful of games I thought I was interested in and I still haven't bothered to open it but I still play my vita nightly. I like to play fighting games. I like the indie stuff. I enjoy Pinball Arcade more than I should. I have a ridiculous number of games to play still on the vita (my 64gb card is pretty much full now). I'm sure the 3DS has the superior library for a lot of/most people, but I just can't get interested in it.

In that you can play it as much as you want as long as you have the subscription? Yep! PS+ is a terrible deal for people that want to own all of their games forever and rarely sell/trade anything. But if you're able to finish a game and be genuinely -done- with it, it's a freaking terrific deal. I just got the plat on Gravity Rush and I will never play it again and that pleases me. I definitely have more games from the sub than I'll ever be able finish completely (~50 games of varying quality / year) which is admittedly ridiculous, but paying $30-$40 / year for those ~50 games is a no-brainer unless you *must* own your games or hate the idea of not getting any say in the games you get. Especially if you're all the way in the Sony ecosystem (PS4/PS3/Vita).
Good lord man look at yourself. You've really bought in to the marketing. Even throwing around words like "ecosystem."

You have to be from NeoGAF.

I love PS+.

I don't replay games.  I sell every game immediately after beating, except for a rare few with great replay value (i.e. Mario Kart) or something I want to wait for DLC (The Last of Us).

So it's super convenient for me as a cheap way to play several games a year without having to hassle with reselling.  Definitely not for collectors, but great for people like me who basically just rent games anyway.

I still say buy. God knows we've seen few games like "Folklore", "Madworld", "Cursed Mountain" and others this gen. "Sadness" got canned by the idiots at Nintendo and I'm still pissy. Oh I'm so very glad Sega essentially died when Sammy bought them. /sarcasm
Sadness didn't get canned by Nintendo. It wasn't even a real game or made by a real company. It's was vaporware from the get go.

That's like saying the movies on Netflix are free.
Do you ever look at DVD or Blu-Ray deals, lots of people who post on those deals act like it is. I get so sick of people saying, "why buy it, it's on Netflix for free". Personally, I wouldn't have bought anything that was free with PS+ so far, I either already own it or wouldn't have bought it anyway but it's nice to get stuff to play every month for about $4 a month.

Algertman , why Are you even involved in this thread?
We get it you don't like it, the vita is a piece of shit, ps plus is a deal for retards.
Move along and let the idiots have their discussion.

Never find stuff like this anywhere by me but I'll check it out later.  Have a $25 reward certificate to use so this would be great to get a vita for $75.

No one ever talks about Craigslist on CAG. Always wondered why. Oh wait, "YMMV." lol
Cause it's not worth the hassle of dealing with another Craigslist serial killer. 

Terrible strategy. It's a dead piece of hardware.
Damn. According to the internet the Vita's dead, the Wii U's dead, the PS4 has no games, Xbone spies on you in the shower, the 360 charges you $60 a year to watch netflix and the PS3 is a bluray player with the occasional game that's really a movie.

At least we still have the PS2.

Damn. According to the internet the Vita's dead, the Wii U's dead, the PS4 has no games, Xbone spies on you in the shower, the 360 charges you $60 a year to watch netflix and the PS3 is a bluray player with the occasional game that's really a movie.

Brilliant.

This is the greatest post in CAG forums history.

So is this something that has to be checked in store? Or can we just check the local clearance items on bestbuy's site?

Anyway I remember when Sams Club was doing a clearance of the Vita launch bundles last year and I found one for $99...

But it was the floor model and it had a deep bash in the top side of it and it was missing all the accessories so I passed.

I just didn't feel comfortable paying that much on a damaged console.

So is this something that has to be checked in store? Or can we just check the local clearance items on bestbuy's site?

Anyway I remember when Sams Club was doing a clearance of the Vita launch bundles last year and I found one for $99...

But it was the floor model and it had a deep bash in the top side of it and it was missing all the accessories so I passed.

I just didn't feel comfortable paying that much on a damaged console.
In store only.

I'm going to chime in here. The Vita's fine. It's got plenty of games out and upcoming and I prefer the dualshock controls to 3DS/touch controls. I'm just waiting on the slim model since it looks way more comfortable for travel than the current model. I'm also not a fan of OLED burn in, rather go with LCD. As for PS Plus it's a decent deal if you don't like owning things. I've never been a rental type of guy when it comes to games. I stream movies on Netflix all the time but unlike video games movies have no replay value so I see no use in owning DVDs/Blu rays. Now that it's mandatory to have Plus for online on PS4 I'll probably have to get it eventually but for now I'm fine with free PSN.

Cause it's not worth the hassle of dealing with another Craigslist serial killer.
Sadly. although he wasn't *the* serial killer, the guy(and helper) that killed a few people near me off CL dumped a body near an old mostly abandoned mall in the area. Even though they just said "an area mall" without describing it further in the article, I knew exactly which it was. :p

I don't understand the purpose of this thread. Nobody has been able to replicate it and it's just turned into a discussion about stupid crap. Why not just toss this in the regional deals subsection?

I believe the purpose of this thread was to produce this quote

I saw a PS4 bundled with KZ and one year of PS+ for $249.99 at my local K-Mart.

YMMV
lol my mind added vita to that bundle when I was reading your post.

That would be so sick. 250 for an ps4 is really good :bouncy: :hot:

if stores near me had that or the vita deal I'd get them :hot: . but they never do :cold:

And you didn't buy it?
Nah. I grabbed the other manager's special instead: A 55" Sony 4K TV, with Bose surround sound for $399.

YMMV.

For the record, I'm being very sarcastic with this entire thread. I'm not sure why it is even still up or on the homepage for that matter.

I mean, I did post this earlier:

YMMV.

119nzw5.jpg

bread's done
Back