YMMV $99 Vita Best Buy

A 5% discount on a $200 purchase is not clearance and it should be illegal to advertise it as such.  Reminds me of those going out of business sales that stores held every few months, despite never actually going out of business. 

A 5% discount on a $200 purchase is not clearance and it should be illegal to advertise it as such. Reminds me of those going out of business sales that stores held every few months, despite never actually going out of business.
Trying to clear things out classifies as "clearance." There is no set percentage or dollar amount that an item needs to be before it is classified as a clearance. To declare it to be illegal is just nonsense, dumb price or not.

I convinced the manager at the Acworth, GA location to give it to me for 99.99. He showed me what it said in the system and apparently the device has been discontinued since August. He then announced over his headset that since its "best Buy New Years" (fiscal year end maybe?) that he was selling the rest of them for that price as a Deal of the Day.
I called the Acworth store over the weekend and they said they were sold out. Called a few more stores here in Atlanta also and they were all going for $190 and $200. Was out today since I work from home and was real slow so I went to the gym. Left the gym and went to the BB here in Hiram and they were all $190. I remembered the Acworth store was a few miles away so I went there. I was actually looking for a Fitbit Force and I went into the Acworth store and like the post said they had 2 Vita's for $99. I had plans on getting one but I did not play the PSP like that and wind up selling it. Long story short a female employee must have had her eye on one cause she walked by me several times. I bought one and she bought the other one. I remembered I had a $38 BB GC so the total of the Vita came up to be $68 and some change. I took a picture of Vita with the clearence sign on it but I can not post it as it has to be a link. I can verify that the Acworth store had them for $99.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called the Acworth store over the weekend and they said they were sold out. Called a few more stores here in Atlanta also and they were all going for $190 and $200. Was out today since I work from home and was real slow so I went to the gym. Left the gym and went to the BB here in Hiram and they were all $190. I remembered the Acworth store was a few miles away so I went there. I was actually looking for a Fitbit Force and I went into the Acworth store and like the post said they had 2 Vita's for $99. I had plans on getting one but I did not play the PSP like that and wind up selling it. Long story short a female employee must have had her eye on one cause she walked by me several times. I bought one and she bought the other one. I remembered I had a $38 BB GC so the total of the Vita came up to be $68 and some change. I took a picture of Vita with the clearence sign on it but I can not post it as it has to be a link. I can verify that the Acworth store had them for $99.
Nice! Forget the Vita, did you get her math? Lol, add her on PSN or something.

[quote name="korn0413" post="11510657" timestamp="1391847721"]Got Best Buy in Dothan, AL to price match this, thanks so much OP! :D[/quote]

What exactly did you do? Just show them the clearance picture?

Yup and told em it was deleted, which it was, and you take hits on items that are EoL (end of life--I've worked retail a lot) every month, so they matched it no problem. 

Fail #2 with my local best buy. Tried the picture and telling them it's deleted method. They told me that was just a deal approved for another store and they won't match it. 

Killing me yo. I was hoping this thread would fall into the void so I didn't have to debate picking up a second Vita on the cheapsies. I don't think my Vita will ever bust on me but then again there's always that "Well.......". Now I have to debate going to Acworth in the near future-ish.

I was pretty excited when I saw this thread, and then drove by a local BB and saw they still had a single WiFi only Vita tucked behind all the 3G/WiFi models. But I when they checked the price, it was the same old $190.

Killing me yo. I was hoping this thread would fall into the void so I didn't have to debate picking up a second Vita on the cheapsies. I don't think my Vita will ever bust on me but then again there's always that "Well.......". Now I have to debate going to Acworth in the near future-ish.
I would never pick up 2 of anything electronics as I am really careful when it comes to stuff like that. Besides I have not even opened it yet as I am waiting for the case and screen protector to show up. I always wait until I have all my accessories to come before I start using most of my electronics.

I got one on Monday for 30% off $189. One floor manager told me it was 50% off the past Saturday, but the manager in store pickup overrode him and would only honor 30% off since the sale was over. Very close to not giving me anything off. Very YMMV.

Katy, TX Best Buy.

Yup and told em it was deleted, which it was, and you take hits on items that are EoL (end of life--I've worked retail a lot) every month, so they matched it no problem.
Any chance you can post a pic of the receipt? That, or just post the sequence of numbers kinda below where the top barcode is. Should be a 4 digit number, a 3 digit number, and a date.

Any chance you can post a pic of the receipt? That, or just post the sequence of numbers kinda below where the top barcode is. Should be a 4 digit number, a 3 digit number, and a date.
I lost it it seems. I have the receipt for the game/memory card but couldn't find the system's. Sorry :\

Looked for this and there weren't even any Vita's displayed. Only one employee knew what it was and said there was only one for $200. The game selection at Best Buy is pathetic as well. It seems like they're no longer going to devote space to it, or at least not much. 

I was at my local Sears and saw they were having a super manger's special, selling Earthbound for the SNES, new, CIB with the book and everything: $39.99.

Posted a picture below. I have a really old phone so it may not look clear.

YMMV.

119nzw5.jpg
A sear's is actually where I found my copy of that edition of Earthbound like 3 or 4 years after the game out, it was buried in the back of the lowest shelf of the game storage case behind the counter.

Sadness didn't get canned by Nintendo. It wasn't even a real game or made by a real company. It's was vaporware from the get go.
Prove it to me, send me a link pointing out how Nibris was fake or I'll still find your statement skeptical. I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to can a game that sounded so creative and interesting, including the concept art. God knows Sega has always had more artistic creativity, by the boatload even(not critisizing Nintendo's gameplay here before someone chimes in). Cool why would you want a piece of shit like LED instead of OLED? Everyone knows LCD can't do blacks properly and will probably never be able to do them.
The closest you're going to get to a portable CRT in high def portability is with an OLED screen and CRT had burn-in as well. It's just the way it is with quality picture technology.

Prove it to me, send me a link pointing out how Nibris was fake or I'll still find your statement skeptical. I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to can a game that sounded so creative and interesting, including the concept art. God knows Sega has always had more artistic creativity, by the boatload even(not critisizing Nintendo's gameplay here before someone chimes in). Cool why would you want a piece of shit like LED instead of OLED? Everyone knows LCD can't do blacks properly and will probably never be able to do them.
The closest you're going to get to a portable CRT in high def portability is with an OLED screen and CRT had burn-in as well. It's just the way it is with quality picture technology.
No, you should prove to me why Nintendo would can it. That makes no sense since it would be a third party game and Nintendo would only care about the money they get from licensing. They wouldn't have the power to cancel the game.

I'm not going to provide you a link because I want you to show me some in game footage, because otherwise it was nothing but concept art and footage, hence vaporware.

Pretty much true about the LED vs. OLED. But the burn in can be a bitch and LED is getting better all the time. The tech has come really far in the last 8 years. I wouldn't doubt that someone will solve the black issue. For now that's why my TV is a Plasma and my Vita a OLED. But I am happy enough with the LCD on the 3DS so go figure. In the end with any option you get some and lose some.

bread's done
Back