YMMV Best Buy Saints Row Collectors Edition $23.99

thenuke1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
as the title says ... and the sign was a best buy price tag. did not say Clearence. Still YMMV

2941691481_cbe33f2387.jpg

This game does not deserved its own thread. Oh, and my BB had Saints Row 2 CE for $9.99, and I still regretted buying it at that price.

Mine is always sold out. I keep checking in hopes that they get one from another nearby store -- but no luck.

My BB has SR2 CE at $19.99 but with additional 30% off. I bought one, even though I don't have a PS3 yet...

I saw these at the Monmouth Junction, NJ store a few weeks ago for $19.99. They had a few copies left but they're not by the video games. There's a bin of clearance games in the area where you line up by the cash registers.

[quote name='drhodes4']Mine is always sold out. I keep checking in hopes that they get one from another nearby store -- but no luck.[/QUOTE]

same here. I checked 2 or 3 locations when a similar deal came up a few weeks ago and no luck.

This game, and this deal, is good enough to deserve its own thread...even if this has been the case for a while. The two BB's closest to me have been sold out of it for a while, actually. A month or so ago, though, I helped a friend of mine move, and there's one near her, and not only did they have it at the clearance price of $19.99, a manager marked it down to $9.99 at the register. Score!

[quote name='tagout']This game does not deserved its own thread. Oh, and my BB had Saints Row 2 CE for $9.99, and I still regretted buying it at that price.[/QUOTE]

I agree that it doesn't really need it's own thread, but it is a great game. I got the normal version for $12.50 at Target and co-oped it with a friend all the way, it was a blast. I like it more than GTA4.

Does anyone know if this deal is for both PS3 and Xbox 360 versions?

Also, is there a preference on one vs. the other (aside from trophies vs. achievements)?

Thanks!

[quote name='IronSerif']Does anyone know if this deal is for both PS3 and Xbox 360 versions?

Also, is there a preference on one vs. the other (aside from trophies vs. achievements)?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

If you care about trophies/achievements, you should know there are no trophies for the PS3 version.

I got the PS3 version at mine for 14 bucks a few weeks back. Great deal! The 360 version did not have the same deal.

Sandy, UT location BTW.

I just picked one up XBOX 360 version but am having second thoughts. PM me if anyone is interested if not I will bring it back to the store.

Is the co-op split screen er online?

Honestly, it looked kinda whack on video reviews graphics, acting and gameplay-wise but the BB and some other website had good customer reviews for it. Both were >4/5 with over a hundred reviews each.

@Tagout, why didn't you like this game? In comparison to others er just in general?

[quote name='uhoh_evo']Is the co-op split screen er online?

Honestly, it looked kinda whack on video reviews graphics, acting and gameplay-wise but the BB and some other website had good customer reviews for it. Both were >4/5 with over a hundred reviews each.

@Tagout, why didn't you like this game? In comparison to others er just in general?[/QUOTE]

I am unsure if this has local co-op, since I played strictly online. The graphics aren't great and acting is decent, but the game is pure enjoyment in terms of just going around and acting like you "own the streets". There are tons of side-missions, jobs, diversions. Overall one of the best, if not the best co-op game I've ever played. The game does have some bugs, but none of them are game breaking, and some of them are absolutely hilarious.

One time my friend and I were standing in the cemetery waiting for a hitman target to arrive and all of a sudden we hear this scream and a body just comes flying out of the sky into this open grave. My friend and I are like "Uhh...did you just see that?" and then we were both laughing our asses off.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I have the first one, is this one any better? I really like SR1[/QUOTE]

its picks up where the first one left off ...

First off, this game has everything that GTA IV is missing. Second, yeah, it doesn't have trophies on the PS3 version. Who cares?

Lastly, I enjoyed this game ALOT more than I did GTA IV. You can base jump in this game, you can fly planes in this game, you can do TONS of side missions in this game(personally, I love the shit spraying one, though the repetitive lines get annoying).

Get this if you don't have it already and love sandbox games.

[quote name='tagout']This game does not deserved its own thread. Oh, and my BB had Saints Row 2 CE for $9.99, and I still regretted buying it at that price.[/QUOTE]

I wonder who pissed in your cereal this morning :roll:.....

Saints Row 2 is an EXCELLENT game & probably one of the few titles that I have had the most fun with on my system. I bought it at full price brand new & never regretted it. I would get rid of my regular version for this C.E.. THanks for the heads up OP

peace

bread's done
Back