YMMV Family Dollar Rock Band Track Packs (all systems) 5$

Mason202

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
My first deal, please go easy on me.

Walked into my local Family Dollar to Find these Track Packs in stock

Rock Band Track Pack Vol 1 (PS2,WII)
Rock Band Track Pack Vol 2 (360,PS3,PS2,WII)
Rock Band Track Pack Metal (360,PS3,PS2,WII)
Rock Band ACDC Track Pack (ps2 only)

All for 5 Dollars each.

This is Extremely YMMV and your stock may be way different then mine but a great deal nonetheless.
Also Remember this is a dollar store not gamestop. look for the games to maybe be in a small cardbord box next to the most random thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pROvIs']I posted this earlier as an edit but I'm not sure anyone saw it sorry to those of you who did.

It's a bit weird, I know most people say Track Pack 1 was never made for 360/ps3 but Harmonix references it on their importing FAQ http://rockband.com/support/export-rock-band

I think its a blunder on Harmonix' side but its odd none the less.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. It's odd, but you'd think they would definitely not have Volume I linked to that part of the FAQ if it only came out for PS2 and Wii, as is generally believed.

have an extra track pack 2 code for 360 if anyone has an extra AC/DC or classic rock code for 360. hit me up.

Family Dollar on Allentown Road across from Andrews AFB (MD) has track pack 2s that's it (for various systems)

[quote name='HandgunSushi']Saw the Classic Rock Track Pack at TRU for $3.00 in the clearance bin yesterday.
Rock Band was $6.00 BTW[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was planning to go to Toys r Us later today, as soon as I get out of work (aparently the Collector's Edition of Batman and Resident Evil 5 are really cheap there if you can find them)...

I will also take a look at the clearance bin. I hope I can find the Classic Rock Track Pack.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Thanks. I was planning to go to Toys r Us later today, as soon as I get out of work (aparently the Collector's Edition of Batman and Resident Evil 5 are really cheap there if you can find them)...

I will also take a look at the clearance bin. I hope I can find the Classic Rock Track Pack.[/QUOTE]

What are the prices?

[quote name='kerouac kid']What are the prices?[/QUOTE]

Like $21.00 each... don't remember exactly, but I read about it at the Toys r Us Clearance Thread.

Ended up grabbing Vol 2. My location is in Charlotte, NC. They had for xbox 360 Vol 2 and Metal (already had it). I hope I can find another location that has either the Classic Rock or Country for xbox 360. If anyone had any luck with those two in the Charlotte metro area, please PM me.

just grabbed 3 xbox 360 volume 2s if anyone needs. i'm looking for ps3 classic rock or country. pm me if you're interested in trading. i can pop open the discs and e-mail the codes.

[quote name='Heyricochet']Anyone have a 360 Classic Rock Pack? I have a 360 Metal code if anyone would like to trade.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you totally ninja'd me - I'm in the exact same situation. :)

Have: Metal, Seeking: Classic Rock. Will trade codes or complete disc.

(Didn't see any 360 track packs at my local Toys R Us (Independence, MO))

I checked a couple stores in Lincoln,NE and found the :360: Vol. 2 and Metal, :ps3: Vol.2, :wii: Vol. 2, and :ps2: Vol. 1, Vol. 2, and AC/DC. I still have two more stores to check here in town and I'm hoping to score a :360:Country, but I'm not getting my hopes.

I need the sealed complete disc Volume 2 for PS3.

I have for trade:

2x Classic Rock Codes (PS3), 1x Country Code (PS3), 1x Country sealed complete disc (PS3), 1x Metal Code (PS3), 1x Volume 2 sealed complete disc (360), & 1x Country Code (360).

I'm trying to complete the set for my nephews. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Finally found some of these at the Family Dollar 2 mins away from me, only :360: pack they had was Vol. 2. Will check the other FDs in a day or two looking for more 360 packs...

Looking for:
:360: Metal Pack
:360: Country Pack

Can pick up for trade for the above:
:ps3: Metal Pack
:360: Track Pack Vol. 2

I've been checking my only local store nearly every day since the op (they are exactly one block from the office that I work) and finally today they had these. Jefferson City, MO. I bought several to either resell or give as gifts.

I bought one of each unique title they had but I believe this is what they had when I got there (I hope the chart stays formated):

.....................PS2--PS3--Xbox 360--Wii

Track pack 1 ....2-----x-------x --------x
Track pack 2 .....2-----x-------4--------2
Country ............2-----x-------x--------x
Metal ...............x-----x-------2--------x
Classic Rock..... x-----2-------x--------x
AC/DC .............4-----x-------x--------x

I am looking for a 360 code for Classic rock. Like I said, I bought one of each of these and I can get an additional copy of what I've listed, but I would have to move fast.

Also, what happens when you use an export code but you already have some of the songs from that pack on your hard drive? Should I delete the single songs first, or will it matter (Xbox 360)?

[quote name='TopSpot123']

Also, what happens when you use an export code but you already have some of the songs from that pack on your hard drive? Should I delete the single songs first, or will it matter (Xbox 360)?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it matters what system you have (not Wii, of course), the Track Pack exports work the same way: you input the code in your Live or PSN account and you get a big file download, which is the entire track pack. It downloads the whole thing irrespective of whether you already have some of the songs. I'm pretty sure they won't show up in your RB game list twice, but the files will probably be on your HDD. I haven't tried just deleting a single song--I'm sure it can be done, I just don't know whether it would do anything weird to your RB install, so honestly I was afraid to tinker with it.

[quote name='lordopus99']Just out of curiousity, has anyone been able to get one of the following from this deal?:
- Classic Rock xb360
- Country xb360[/QUOTE]

Well, kerouac kid posted about three above you that he had a Country pack for 360.

Damn, been to so many FD in the last few days that I've lost track of what I've seen where. Think I've seen all the available packs except any country and the 1 im hunting for, :ps3: Metal. Grrr. Might be getting ready to try and trade or buy a code if anyone can help :)

[quote name='warreni']Well, kerouac kid posted about three above you that he had a Country pack for 360.[/QUOTE]

But did he get it from FD? TRU ran some crazy clearance on these titles earlier. I was just double checking to make sure I am not on a wild goose chase for something that doesn't exist there.

[quote name='TopSpot123']

Also, what happens when you use an export code but you already have some of the songs from that pack on your hard drive? Should I delete the single songs first, or will it matter (Xbox 360)?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter, but you can delete the old single track files if you want to save space. I just did this the other day. The track pack will download as one big file with all 20 songs. The songs will not show up in your in-game library more than once.

[quote name='godsmack13']Damn, been to so many FD in the last few days that I've lost track of what I've seen where. Think I've seen all the available packs except any country and the 1 im hunting for, :ps3: Metal. Grrr. Might be getting ready to try and trade or buy a code if anyone can help :)[/QUOTE]

I can get a Metal for PS3 (saw one yesterday), if no one else has one available. (If you have seen a classic rock
iconxbox360.gif
, all the better? - if not, we'll figure something out)

I know there are plenty Vol 2 for all systems and :360: Metal around here. Seen Vol 1 for the appropriate systems, AC/DC (but would have to look again to see which systems). Pretty sure I've Classic for a system or 2, but I'd have to look at a couple of the closer FD to confirm.

Haven't been on CAG in a while... and glad I stopped by. I was able to get a :360:Vol 2 and the last :360:Metal. They had at least one Vol 2 for each system left (several for :360:). If anyone wants to trade a Vol 2 (any system) for Classic Rock :)360:), let me know so I can grab it before they're all gone.

Also, does anyone know the trade-in value of these at Gamestop or Gamerush/Blockbuster?

[quote name='kerouac kid']I need the sealed complete disc Volume 2 for PS3.

I have for trade:

2x Classic Rock Codes (PS3), 1x Country Code (PS3), 1x Country sealed complete disc (PS3), 1x Metal Code (PS3), 1x Volume 2 sealed complete disc (360), & 1x Country Code (360).

I'm trying to complete the set for my nephews. If anyone is interested, let me know.[/QUOTE]

Update. I have obtained the Vol. 2 Disc. I have left:

4x Country sealed complete disc (PS3) , 1x Classic Rock Disc PS3 (No DLC), 1x Metal Code (PS3), 1x Volume 2 sealed comoplete disc (360) & 1x Country Code (360)

Edited for Update.

Finally found some of these in Memphis today. The new Family Dollar on Perkins by the old Mall of Memphis location had them. There were about 20 random games for all systems.

I went to 4 of them in my town and found Vol 2 and Metal on 360. I am still looking for Country. It sounds like one person has found a copy, has anyone else?

I've been told my local store got some in today. I'm going tomorrow, anyone need codes? I'll pick up any I can and sell the codes for $6 if anyone is still looking. I bought my code from this thread, and of course they finally stock these afterward.

I went inside a family Dollar for the first time ever on the basis of this thread. It was icky in there. The sales associate looked at me like I was crazy asking him about video games. Also, a cashier was getting into a spat with a lady that was (apparently) trying to pay with a counterfeit 50 dollar bill.

All in all, it was a pretty awful experience.

[quote name='Star_Scream']I went inside a family Dollar for the first time ever on the basis of this thread. It was icky in there. The sales associate looked at me like I was crazy asking him about video games. Also, a cashier was getting into a spat with a lady that was (apparently) trying to pay with a counterfeit 50 dollar bill.

All in all, it was a pretty awful experience.[/QUOTE]

Next time, wait in your limo and have your butler go inside. :nottalking:

Packs just showed up in my region tonight. Unfortunately, every store got exactly the same assortment. I was looking for PS3, so of course all each store got was 2 PS3 Country packs. LOL. Most of the rest were 360 Vol 2 Packs, with a couple of Metal packs and a Wii Vol 2. Guess I'll be looking to trade some codes after I check another store or two.

Damn, I went back to the Family Dollar in town to see if they'd gotten any more in stock. They actually had sold out completely except for three of the PS2 games. I know there's at least one other CAG besides me in Cookeville, but dang. Do I have some serious competition? :3

Picked up the last :360: copy of the Metal Track Pack at another store by me. Would be nice to find a Country Music Pack but don't know if I want to drive around town for it.

Does anyone have a 360 Metal code up for grabs? I can't find one in my area, and I really want one. I can Paypal, gift via Amazon or Steam...heck, I even have an extra Vision Cam bundle I could trade for it (though if you want that, I'd want the disc and maybe the Country pack too).

Would it help if I mentioned it's my birthday? :)

Same here, if anyone has a metal 360 pack i would gladly pay via paypal, or trade a 360 Vol 2. pack!

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Does anyone have a 360 Metal code up for grabs? I can't find one in my area, and I really want one. I can Paypal, gift via Amazon or Steam...heck, I even have an extra Vision Cam bundle I could trade for it (though if you want that, I'd want the disc and maybe the Country pack too).

Would it help if I mentioned it's my birthday? :)[/QUOTE]

Happy birthday. I have an extra 360 metal pack (still sealed at this point). Drop me a PM, let me know how you want it (code only, disc shipped sealed, or crack it, send the code, and then mail the disc).

Say $5.50 for just the code, $8 or so shipped?

[quote name='godsmack13']Damn, been to so many FD in the last few days that I've lost track of what I've seen where. Think I've seen all the available packs except any country and the 1 im hunting for, :ps3: Metal. Grrr. Might be getting ready to try and trade or buy a code if anyone can help :)[/QUOTE]

I picked up a PS3 Metal last night, if you still need one, pretty much same offer? (Drop me a PM)

Thanks for this thread.. managed to nab a 360 metal and vol. 2 pack. Anyone by chance have a spare 360 country code? Couldn't find one around my area. :whistle2:/

Edit: Sorted. Thanks, kerouac.

I've still got an extra Metal and Vol. 2 for Xbox 360. I'm asking $6 via Paypal for the code. PM me if you're interested. They are still in shrink, so if you'd prefer the full package for some extra money, let me know.

Have Vol. 2 and Metal codes for X360, myself. Looking for Country or Classic rock codes, or paypal if anyone's interested.

Edit: will sell both codes together for $11 paypal gifted or the games without the codes for $15 shipped.

I'd like to trade codes for codes, to keep things simple.

HAVE:
:ps3: Country X2
:360: Volume 2
:360: Metal
:wii: Volume 2

WANT:
:ps3: Classic Rock
:ps3: Volume 2

PM if interested! :)

Went on a day trip and 4 copies of the PS3 Classic Rock pack, but left them there.

Cant seem to find the X360 one. Did pick up Vol 2 and Metal for X360 though.

Does anyone have either a Country Pack or a Country Code? I have been to about every Family Dollar in my city and can't find the Country pack.

Found some in Albuquerque, NM at Menaul and Wyoming. They have the PS3 Country Pack, a few Wii packs, and a bunch of Xbox Track Pack 2. I picked up a couple of Metal Packs for the 360. If someone wants to do a trade for something non-Rock Band related, hit me up. I'm looking for Gears of War and SoulCalibur V for the 360.

Is there a consensus for where you guys are finding these?

I found a couple PS2 versions at the checkout behind some Toy Story 3 dvds. But that's the only store out of three that I found anything.

[quote name='salty tbone']Is there a consensus for where you guys are finding these?

I found a couple PS2 versions at the checkout behind some Toy Story 3 dvds. But that's the only store out of three that I found anything.[/QUOTE]

I went to three stores, but only one of them had stock. They were in a small electronics kiosk, where there were some PS2 games, PC accessories, maybe some DVDs.

Which one(s) are you looking for?

bread's done
Back