YMMV Family Dollar Rock Band Track Packs (all systems) 5$

Mason202

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
My first deal, please go easy on me.

Walked into my local Family Dollar to Find these Track Packs in stock

Rock Band Track Pack Vol 1 (PS2,WII)
Rock Band Track Pack Vol 2 (360,PS3,PS2,WII)
Rock Band Track Pack Metal (360,PS3,PS2,WII)
Rock Band ACDC Track Pack (ps2 only)

All for 5 Dollars each.

This is Extremely YMMV and your stock may be way different then mine but a great deal nonetheless.
Also Remember this is a dollar store not gamestop. look for the games to maybe be in a small cardbord box next to the most random thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a Volume 2 track pack earlier today, that was all they had for the 360. They had a bunch of ps2 track packs and some metal ones for the ps3.

If anyone is willing to accept a 1 month XBL card as payment then pm me. I'm interested in the classic track pack code or metal track pack code for the Xbox 360. I'd prefer the classic one more.

I would also be willing to trade my Volume 2 code for one of the above mentioned ones since I have half the songs from Volume 2.

[quote name='Achilles00']I went to three stores, but only one of them had stock. They were in a small electronics kiosk, where there were some PS2 games, PC accessories, maybe some DVDs.

Which one(s) are you looking for?[/QUOTE]

I was looking for the 360 versions. I have four Family Dollars within a mile of my house, but unfortunately I live in a low-income area so I don't have high hopes of finding current gen video games. Just third-party Xbox and Gamecube controllers.

[quote name='salty tbone']I was looking for the 360 versions. I have four Family Dollars within a mile of my house, but unfortunately I live in a low-income area so I don't have high hopes of finding current gen video games. Just third-party Xbox and Gamecube controllers.[/QUOTE]

Do you have anything you're looking to trade? I have an extra Metal Pack and a Track Pack 2.

have an extra Track Pack 2 code for 360, $5.50 Amazon Payments, trade for a classic rock/ACDC or trade for some other cheap 360 game.

I can get codes and maybe disks for the following if anyone still needs:

:360: Metal and Vol 2
:ps3: Vol 2 possibly AC/DC (if I can figure which FD I saw them at :) )
:wii: Vol 2, possibly Vol 1 & Metal
:ps2: Classic, Vol 1 and AC/DC

PM me, cuz I still tend to lose track in these threads sometimes :dunce:

OP - THANK YOU!

I have
TWO :ps3: Country Track Pack Export Codes available
for $8 each via paypal
or I will trade a code for:
:ps3: Vol 2 Pack Export Code
:ps3: Metal Pack Export Code
:ps3: AC/DC Export Code

Arizona Stores-
I took notes, but sorry PS2 and Wii users, I ignored all those releases

Ray Rd and Arizona Rd (Chandler, AZ) -
:360: Track Pack 2 and Metal Track Pack

Guadelupe and Avenida/Priest (Guadelupe, AZ) -
:ps3: Country (only 1 left)

Southern and Mesa (Mesa, AZ) -
:ps3: Country

University and Alma School (Mesa, AZ) -

Apache and McClintock/Rural (Tempe, AZ) -

Broadway and Dobson/AlmaSchool (Tempe, AZ) -

-FrankCastleAZ

Checked a Family Dollar when I was out of town, and they had a few shovelware games, but no RB stuff.

Going to the close (30 miles) Family Dollar Tuesday when I'm away on business again. Here's hoping.

Good news for anyone around Miami!

The family dollar in Hialeah has quite a few track packs, mostly for PS2 and Xbox 360, though at least one was for Wii. Most were track pack volume 2, with a few metal and AC/DC mixed in.

I bought one each of the Metal and Volume 2 (both on 360), and would be willing to trade the codes for $6 each paypal. PM me if interested.

[quote name='Star_Scream']I went inside a family Dollar for the first time ever on the basis of this thread. It was icky in there. The sales associate looked at me like I was crazy asking him about video games. Also, a cashier was getting into a spat with a lady that was (apparently) trying to pay with a counterfeit 50 dollar bill.

All in all, it was a pretty awful experience.[/QUOTE]

Shopping in Family Dollar has always been an "icky" experience. The key is to make sure that you don't touch anyone else who might be shopping in there. It's like a real-life game of Operation.

[quote name='josekortez']Shopping in Family Dollar has always been an "icky" experience. The key is to make sure that you don't touch anyone else who might be shopping in there. It's like a real-life game of Operation.[/QUOTE]

So you touch people when you go to other stores? It sounds like you might be the one with the problem.

So are the only packs for 360 TP2 and Metal? I found a crap load of TP2 (literally dozens) and one Metal. I also saw some AC/DC, but they were for PS2 and I already have it anyway.

This is in Pensacola btw.

[quote name='Andami']So are the only packs for 360 TP2 and Metal? I found a crap load of TP2 (literally dozens) and one Metal. I also saw some AC/DC, but they were for PS2 and I already have it anyway.

This is in Pensacola btw.[/QUOTE]

Nope. There are other packs. The problem is that each region seems to be getting the same assortment. Sounds like you got the same assortment my area did. All 5 nearby stores have exactly the same packs.

Finally scored at the Morehead, KY location!

They only had a handful (maybe 20... I didn't look like the display would hold many more than that.), and only Track Pack Vol. 2 for the 360 (I saw Vol. 1 and 2 for the PS2, and Metal for the PS3, and nothing for the Wii).

I've got a Track Pack Vol 2 code for 360. I'll sell it for $6 if anyone is interested. PM me, I probably wont return to the thread often enough.

Edit: No more codes. I'll see if I can get more tomorrow.

[quote name='FrankCastleAZ']OP - THANK YOU!

I have
TWO :ps3: Country Track Pack Export Codes available
for $8 each via paypal
or I will trade a code for:
:ps3: Vol 2 Pack Export Code
:ps3: Metal Pack Export Code
:ps3: AC/DC Export Code

-FrankCastleAZ[/QUOTE]

Your PM box is full, I'll be glad to send the code over PM.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']I've been to 12 different Family Dollars now. Have yet to see any for X360 other than Vol 2 and Metal.[/QUOTE]

same here
all my FD only have Classic rock and country for the PS3'

i been looking for Track Pack Vol. 2 and AC/DC forever

This thread is a great example of why I love CAG. I never would have gone to Family Dollar if not for this thread. Finally found some of the current games today, plus some decent Nilla Wafer knockoffs for a buck.

[quote name='josh62488']same here
all my FD only have Classic rock and country for the PS3'

i been looking for Track Pack Vol. 2 and AC/DC forever[/QUOTE]

Have you tried Kmart? They have AC/DC (360 and PS3) for 4.99

[quote name='shoe478']Your PM box is full, I'll be glad to send the code over PM.[/QUOTE]

I traded :ps3: Country Pack for his :ps3: Vol 2 Pack.

Good trade user

-----

I've gotten a few PMs about my other Country Pack :ps3:, for now, I'm reserving it for a CAG user that doesn't have any rating yet who's picking up the last :ps3: pack I needed (Metal).
If it falls thru I'll post in here.

As for anyone else, if anyone needs a :360: Track Pack 2, :360: Metal Pack or :ps3: Country Pack I can pick them up and sell the code for $7 via PayPal or $10 shipped unsealed. Just PM me and let me know.

Thanks again OP, this was a great deal and I appreciate your posting. You did a lot of CAGs a lot of good. :)

-FrankCastleAZ

I have one more disc for the Xbox version of Track Pack Volume 2.

$6 Paypal for the code, $10 Paypal for unopened disc shipped to you.

E-mail me directly, egorka at ptd dot net

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster.

Registered an account today because of this thread. Decided to check my local FD, found a bunch of Vol.2's for 360, and a couple Metal for PS3.

I picked up a Metal track pack for :ps3:PS3, but I'm looking for a :360:360 one. If anyone wants to trade export codes, my :ps3: export code for your :360: code, please let me know :).

I've still got one more vol 2 code for $6 pay pal if anyone needs it. I'm going to go look again later this week for more codes so if any needs another volume 2 or metal pack let me know. I'll be sure to pick any country or classic rock codes I find. :)

Success!

Went to two Family Dollar stores today while on travel for business.

Dwight, IL: Had a modest selection. Mostly PS2 versions. I grabbed Volume 2 and the Metal pack for 360. They had a couple of Volume 2's left for both PS3 and 360. They also had Metal for PS3. (I snagged the only Metal for 360.)

Kankakee, IL: Tons of RB games. They prolly had *every* version for PS2 (including AC/DC). They had a small section of PS3 games. Again, more Volume 2's for 360, and a few Metals. This one also had some Wii versions.

So, I'm interested in the Country, AC/DC, and Classic Rock packs for 360, if anybody has them. (Or, any others if I'm forgetting any.)

I'm interested in the classic rock and country track packs for xbox 360. Codes are fine. I've got paypal. Send me a PM. Thanks

Thanks op. My wife was able to pick up the Metal Pack and the Volume 2 Pack at the Family Dollar in Barron, WI.

Very interesting experience . . . FD is really low rent and I've never noticed the stores around me.

I've hit 3 and the results are similar to others. I was looking to get the Track Pack 2 for PS3. The only PS3 version I've seen is Classic Tracks. Even at $5, these packs are so-so with lots of filler.

The Kenosha WI had the best selection that I've seen with some good 360 choices. The PS2 ones are very plentiful. One Racine store has them but another had none in sight. I might try the other Racine store if I get a chance.

[quote name='salty tbone']
Have you tried Kmart? They have AC/DC (360 and PS3) for 4.99[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! I went after work today and got the last one.

the nearest family dollar is a nice hole. but no games.

thanks got most of them:

still looking for PS3- AC/DC

[quote name='my2k2zx2']I've been to 12 different Family Dollars now. Have yet to see any for X360 other than Vol 2 and Metal.[/QUOTE]

Same here and I have been to just as many. Jeez, they are some scary places. fucking AC/DC packs for the PS2 at all of them though. :cry:

I have a Metal Pack and a Volume 2 pack for 360. $6 via Amazon Payments for each! PM me if interested, these are surprisingly going fast.

I can almost surely get a PS3 Country pack code if anyone is interested.

[quote name='schultzed']. The only PS3 version I've seen is Classic Tracks. Even at $5, these packs are so-so with lots of filler.
[/QUOTE]

Well, I disagree about Classic Rock; you're getting more than $5 worth of quality tracks on that one.

Check this. Tastes vary, of course, but I counted at least 10 of the 20 tracks as ones that I enjoy. In RB DLC terms, that's $20.

TP Volume 2 is more of a mixed bag.

That said, if you like Rock Band, unless you're alluding to genre- or band-specific packs, they're well worth $5, even if they only hold 3 songs that you like.

I combed the FD at Greenfield and Michigan in Dearborn without seeing these and was walking out when I happened to glance over past the register and say the box on the shelf. (When you go in, it's immediately to the right.) They had mostly PS2 packs (sorry, didn't note which ones), but they had two X360 Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 2; I bought one.

[quote name='warreni']
That said, if you like Rock Band, unless you're alluding to genre- or band-specific packs, they're well worth $5, even if they only hold 3 songs that you like.[/QUOTE]

Yep that's the entry barrier. If there are 3 songs on the disc you like, buy it. You might be surprised by the other stuff.

bread's done
Back