YMMV Family Dollar Rock Band Track Packs (all systems) 5$

Mason202

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
My first deal, please go easy on me.

Walked into my local Family Dollar to Find these Track Packs in stock

Rock Band Track Pack Vol 1 (PS2,WII)
Rock Band Track Pack Vol 2 (360,PS3,PS2,WII)
Rock Band Track Pack Metal (360,PS3,PS2,WII)
Rock Band ACDC Track Pack (ps2 only)

All for 5 Dollars each.

This is Extremely YMMV and your stock may be way different then mine but a great deal nonetheless.
Also Remember this is a dollar store not gamestop. look for the games to maybe be in a small cardbord box next to the most random thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think someone in an earlier post said TN stores would probably only have the Country Pack. Well, I'm in TN and I checked my local store and that's all they had for PS3. lol

But, they did have Track Pack 2 and Metal for 360.

Hit up the store and they had a restock apparently, still they only had one Metal left, still no sign of classic!

[quote name='Kaioh85']I think someone in an earlier post said TN stores would probably only have the Country Pack. Well, I'm in TN and I checked my local store and that's all they had for PS3. lol[/QUOTE]

Same here in central Texas. I've hit maybe 7 stores in two big cities, and every one had the same exact assortment (only PS3 title was Country). Makes searching an exercise in frustration until you figure it out. :bomb:

been to 15 FDs in ohio and all i can find is the metal for ps3/360 and pack 2 for 360. a few had acdc but they all got snaped up quickly. If anyone wants to trade codes I'm looking for clasic and country for ps3.

[quote name='warreni']Well, I disagree about Classic Rock; you're getting more than $5 worth of quality tracks on that one.

Check this. Tastes vary, of course, but I counted at least 10 of the 20 tracks as ones that I enjoy. In RB DLC terms, that's $20.

TP Volume 2 is more of a mixed bag.

That said, if you like Rock Band, unless you're alluding to genre- or band-specific packs, they're well worth $5, even if they only hold 3 songs that you like.[/QUOTE]

One other thing worth pointing out: the discs can be helpful with the Rock Band 3 DLC goals and achievements. Each one of the packs I've imported has a few goals per instrument, and the Classic Rock pack can also help you get the Boston achievement.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Has anybody seen any 360 Classic Rock Packs at Dollar Value?[/QUOTE]

Nope. No one has found that game at Family Dollar.

I was lucky enough to purchase a code from someone who found it on clearance at TRU, but no sign of it at Family Dollar.

I've got a :360: Volume 2 Pack Code and disc. I can get a bunch of :ps3: and :360: V2, Metal, and AC/DC for those that need them. PM me. I'm not going to price gouge, either...

Was able to get a Wal-Mart to price match for a :ps3: Country. I showed them my Family Dollar receipt for Metal and a picture of the display of all the packs.

I'm glad they accepted too... I've searched 7 Family Dollars in a 60 miles radius and none of them carry it yet.

[quote name='Peffse']Was able to get a Wal-Mart to price match for a :ps3: Country. I showed them my Family Dollar receipt for Metal and a picture of the display of all the packs.

I'm glad they accepted too... I've searched 7 Family Dollars in a 60 miles radius and none of them carry it yet.[/QUOTE]

This is a good Idea.... I may try this tomorrow. Thanks!

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']This is a good Idea.... I may try this tomorrow. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Consider it an extreme "YMMV" since Walmart's policy requires a printed advertisement for a price match. If a manager did it based on a receipt, that was likely a fluke.

But good luck regardless.

[quote name='psunami']Nope. No one has found that game at Family Dollar.

I was lucky enough to purchase a code from someone who found it on clearance at TRU, but no sign of it at Family Dollar.[/QUOTE]
I've been to probably 8 FD's in my city and it seems they all get the exact same shipment. Lots of Vol 2's, AC/DC for PS2, 2 Country packs for PS3 and 2-3 Metal packs for 360. I saw them crack open a new box and it was still the same ones in there.

Starting to sound like everyone here has been able to get the ones I have access to, but I can still get ahold of :ps3: Vol 2 & :360: Vol 2 and Metal if anyone still needs codes. $6 each. PM me

I didn't even find the Metal pack at any of mine, but I was able to grab Vol. 2 and for five bucks, I'm pretty happy and feel like I came out ahead. :)

So...one month after first seeing this thread, I FINALLY got around to checking into this. I went to three Family Dollar stores in my area this weekend. The first store I went to Friday had four copies of :360: Track Pack 2, three copies of :ps3: Country Pack, two copies of :360: Metal Pack and one copy of :wii: Track Pack 2. There was a red "Rock Band Track Packs for $5" display and everything. And I thought "OH...THIS is what they were talking about." :lol: I was looking for the :360: Classic Rock Pack for my sister but they didn't have it (I already have 95% of the Rock Band DLC from all the packs). So I bought one copy of Track Pack 2 for Xbox 360 for her instead (yay easy achievements).

I swung by two other Family Dollar stores earlier today. One store didn't have ANY video games and the other store had about six or seven copies of :360: Track Pack 2, two copies of :ps3: Country Pack, one copy of :wii: Track Pack 2, and one copy of AC/DC, Track Pack 1, Track Pack 2 and Metal Pack all for PS2. Reading what some of you posted, Family Dollar really ISN'T getting the Classic Rock Packs, huh? Well, that sucks. Out of curiosity, has anyone seen the AC/DC Pack for PS3 or Xbox 360 recently? Seeing that Vol. 2 is the most popular of the bunch, I'm guessing that copies of AC/DC were the first to fly off of the shelves. :lol:

For a low price of $5 each, these Track Packs seem like REALLY good presents for the holidays (like stocking stuffers or a little present for families with a tight spending budget). $5 for $40+ regular price of DLC for each of these discs' content is a steal. :)

[quote name='Ronin317']I've got a :360: Volume 2 Pack Code and disc. I can get a bunch of :ps3: and :360: V2, Metal, and AC/DC for those that need them. PM me. I'm not going to price gouge, either...[/QUOTE]

Looking at your location, are you somewhere in Pittsburgh? If so, which Family Dollar did you find them at?

For those still looking for the Classic Rock Pack for 360, you might want to check your Target clearance section. I found several copies at mine for $10.

[quote name='superherocrimefighter']Looking at your location, are you somewhere in Pittsburgh? If so, which Family Dollar did you find them at?[/QUOTE]
Pick one...East Hills, Penn Ave, East Liberty, New Ken...all of the stores I've been to received the same assortment - all track pack 2 and metal for the various systems. No country or classic rock packs.

The AC/DC packs are from Kmart though. I've still got the following for trade/sale, so PM me.

Sealed disc or Code available
2X AC/DC :ps3:
2X Track Pack 2 :360:
1X Metal :360:

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The OP definitely says he say Classic Rock at FD. Country, though, I'm not sure about.[/QUOTE]
OP is wrong, and I'm not sure why he edited that into his post. Nobody's found Classic or Country for 360 at FD. He probably meant to write that it's been found for PS3 and PS2, but definitely not 360.

[quote name='simmias']OP is wrong, and I'm not sure why he edited that into his post. Nobody's found Classic or Country for 360 at FD. He probably meant to write that it's been found for PS3 and PS2, but definitely not 360.[/QUOTE]

I removed it Completely now. the only reason I added it is because a few people said they found it and asked me nicely to include it into the OP. I was trying to make everyone happy plus I don't have time to read every single Reply. Now I'm just gonna go with the truth. I'm just gonna list what was in my store like I Originally planned when i first made the thread and thats it. I'm not editing it anymore.

[quote name='Mason202']I removed it Completely now. the only reason I added it is because a few people said they found it and asked me nicely to include it into the OP. I was trying to make everyone happy plus I don't have time to read every single Reply. Now I'm just gonna go with the truth. I'm just gonna list what was in my store like I Originally planned when i first made the thread and thats it. I'm not editing it anymore.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't sweat it, I got track pack 2 for 360 and would never have set foot in Family Dollar so thanks OP.

[quote name='bigtaco55']For those still looking for the Classic Rock Pack for 360, you might want to check your Target clearance section. I found several copies at mine for $10.[/QUOTE]

Mine too. There were 5 copies left.

I was only able to find Track Pack Vol. 2 and the Metal pack in my area.

If anyone has Classic, AC/DC, or Country codes they'd like to sell for 360, shoot me a PM. Thanks.

Trakan and others, I took a look for AC/DC and Classic Rock packs but didn't find any left around here. There was only one Metal Pack which I bought for myself to use and 3 Track Pack vol 2 which I bought to use 1 and trade if anyone else is looking for them. I bought the last Classic Rock Pack at Toys R Us, so maybe you can try looking there if you have any in your area? It's only $3 there and its a national clearance, I just got it yesterday so the price is still good.

For anyone who is looking I have 2 extra Track Pack Vol. 2 for 360. I can PM or email you the codes for $5. No markup! Just get $5 in my Paypal account and I will unseal them and give you the code.

have an extra xbox track pack 2 and AC / DC code if someone wants to pay by Amazon Payments. also looking for a classic rock code, or other cheap xbox 360 game.

Would anyone be interested in a Rock Band: Metal Track Pack 360 DLC code for 3 dollars via Paypal? Alternatively, I can get you Track Pack 2 for 360 for the same price. Send me a PM if you're interested in either.

If anyone is looking for only the DLC codes, I have several available.

Volume 2 :360:

Want Paypal.
PM me if you are interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='simmias']OP is wrong, and I'm not sure why he edited that into his post. Nobody's found Classic or Country for 360 at FD. He probably meant to write that it's been found for PS3 and PS2, but definitely not 360.[/QUOTE]

I found Country for 360 and I traded it for Country PS3 which someone else found. So you're wrong.

Hit mine up yesterday, finally. Selection was...

Tons of Volume 2's for the 360, two for the PS3
One Metal for the 360
For the PS2 they had a ton of Volume 2's and very limited Classic Rock, Volume 1, AC/DC Live and a Metal.

No Wii ones in stock.

Snagged a Volume 2 and a Metal for the 360.

I'll have to hit up some others when I get a chance. There's one in a neighboring town that's pretty much hidden away that always has luck with discounted stuff. Hopefully they have some.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Well, there you go. People should not be so snooty, unless they are 100% sure what they are talking about.[/QUOTE]
I apologize if I came across as snooty, because that was certainly not my intent. I was just getting tired of clicking on this thread hoping to see more news, only to find it devolving into a trading and begging thread for codes that didn't exist. Carry on.

Thanks for the report on finding a Country 360 pack, MasterSun1.

I still have the following for sale/trade...

Sealed disc($9.50 shipped in the US) or Code ($5.50 via paypal) available
2X AC/DC :ps3:
1X Track Pack 2 :360:
1X Metal :360:

Reminder: You can trade in Track Pack 2 and AC/DC to amazon for $3.50 and $4 respectively. They will probably drop these down to $1 or less soon so send em in soon if you're done with them.

I have an extra Track Pack 2 code (360) that I'll sell for $4.50 if someone doesn't feel like driving around looking for it. Just PM me.

For anyone in Pittsburgh, the Dirty Bird off Carlson has a display box overflowing with copies for both the Xbox, PS3 and Wii.

bread's done
Back