YMMV: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn $9.99 at FYE

Drkirby

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Well, don't know if you all will have the same luck, but I found a sealed copy of fire emblem radiant dawn at FYE today on sale for $9.99. Also saw Tony Hawk Project 8 for the 360 at the same price. I'll post some images of it later.

I would call ahead beforehand and just ask "Do you carry video games". Many FYE stores stopped carrying video games. This will will save you a drive if they no longer carry them and won't tip them off employees if they still do.

just picked up BWII a couple days ago(will probably resell it though.. not too fond of the game, also a bit bitter you can't get coins for registering it), but I'll definitely go check on Fire Emblem.

When I asked about the sale at FYE, and other titles that were on sale, the cashier mentioned she thought the sale had been going on for a few weeks. In particular, she pointed to BW2 and said that she knew that title had been on sale for a couple weeks. Fire Emblem, incidentally, was not marked with the $9.99 sale sticker.

Thanks OP! I picked up the last Fire Emblem at my store. It wasn't even on the shelf (at least in the Wii section under the 'F's). I asked an FYE employee on a whim, they went behind the cash registers, and looked in a drawer and pulled out their sole copy. Un-shaqfuin-believable!!! It had a sale sticker of 39.99 on the front, but rang up 9.99. I also snagged the only copy of Jeanne D'arc for 9.99.

I'm not a real fan of the Fire Emblem series, but i'll pick it up. I don't even have a wii yet...

Also picked up Jeanne D'arc. Been looking for this for a while, and this is a fantastic price.

I'll post a full list later after I visit one more FYE.

Noooo somebody beat me to it. I asked one of the employees and they checked the computer and saw that they had a copy in stock as recently as last week, but somebody bought it. Sadness.

I did see all the other mentioned Wii games at $9.99, but nothing else exciting.

I checked mine out today and they were sold out :cry:

According to the cashier it will be on sale until 3 Feb 2009.

I tried checking their website and it is one big clusterfuck. I could not find it at all. Although if anyone wants to pre-order The House of the Dead: Overkill they are only charging $64.41 ($57.96 if your a member :cool:). No wonder so many their stores don't carry games anymore...

[quote name='Drkirby']Guess its to late now, but here is the pic:
FERD.jpg

Behold the awesome picture from 4MP No focus and fleshless camera.

Also, does this ring up automatically if its not marked? If so, :D[/QUOTE]
Somebody needs to learn to program their camera's date :dunce:

[quote name='Josef']Amazing, someone posted a great deal on Fire Emblem and 90% of the talk is about flipping or selling?

Nobody here plays quality games anymore?[/quote]

It's by far my favorite Wii game, that's why I already have my own copy =P

[quote name='Antic']I picked up a copy of BWII and an extra copy of FE:RD.[/quote]

Sleep well knowing of my jealousy. Been trying to find one copy of FE:RD for less than $30...my luck finding a used near me at GS/BBV is horrid, as was my luck finding it on clearance at CC or TRU way back when.

[quote name='Nirron']Sleep well knowing of my jealousy. Been trying to find one copy of FE:RD for less than $30...my luck finding a used near me at GS/BBV is horrid, as was my luck finding it on clearance at CC or TRU way back when.[/quote]

It's up in my tradelist. I already own the game (from CC clearance), but people were saying they were looking for a copy on here so I grabbed it.

[quote name='paddlefoot']I would call ahead beforehand and just ask "Do you carry video games". Many FYE stores stopped carrying video games. This will will save you a drive if they no longer carry them and won't tip them off employees if they still do.[/quote]

is this sale going on with all FYE stores that sell video games?

Just got back from the New Hartford, NY FYE and snagged the only copy of FE:RD (was marked at 49.99 but scanned as 9.99). In the years the store has been in the mall, this was the first time I actually took a look at their games selection.

What a fuck-ing craptacular job they do actually sticker pricing their games. Most of their inventory was 2-3 year old games still marked at their original price. No indication in FYE that any of the games were even on sale.

Thanks OP - awesome find!

snatched a copy of FE. there were 2 copies but i only grabbed one and left it for someone who might want it. it's in the wellington one for u south fl peeps.

thanks drk.

Unbelievable sale. I played FE while I had a Wii and thought it was a worthy entry in the FE series. Jeanne D'Arc is another I already have and am just early on with, but am really enjoying it.

[quote name='oc_bastard']Just got back from the New Hartford, NY FYE and snagged the only copy of FE:RD (was marked at 49.99 but scanned as 9.99). In the years the store has been in the mall, this was the first time I actually took a look at their games selection.

What a fuck-ing craptacular job they do actually sticker pricing their games. Most of their inventory was 2-3 year old games still marked at their original price. No indication in FYE that any of the games were even on sale.

Thanks OP - awesome find![/quote]

They usually keep their game at their MSRP, which explains your sticker shock. The FYE near me and in the pictures above have a red sticker that says "On Sale $9.99".

[quote name='Antic']It's up in my tradelist. I already own the game (from CC clearance), but people were saying they were looking for a copy on here so I grabbed it.[/quote]
Same here, although I do not have a trade list for games posted. If anyone is interested in buying mine PM me. The only catch is it was the last one at my FYE so it's an opened copy. Mint condition disc of course as it is new, just not shrinkwrapped.

[quote name='appleyum']Somebody needs to learn to program their camera's date :dunce:[/quote]
Nah, I think thats the last time I am going to be using it. Was free, but its not even worth the space it takes up.

Also got my self a copy of Jean D'Arc :D

I dunno about you guys but my FE was not sealed. Although, the CD and manual were kept intact in a bag so who knows. Either way, $10 is a steal.

[quote name='david12795']I dunno about you guys but my FE was not sealed. Although, the CD and manual were kept intact in a bag so who knows. Either way, $10 is a steal.[/QUOTE]

Same for me. It was a gutted copy. I just want the game though, and $10 is a steal.

I also found something very strange...

Jump Ultimate Stars for only $16!!!!

Very strange indeed. Was it new or used? I have never, ever seen an import game at FYE.
(I have seen some bootleg Chinese DVDs at full used price though :roll:)

[quote name='cranguy']Very strange indeed. Was it new or used? I have never, ever seen an import game at FYE.
(I have seen some bootleg Chinese DVDs at full used price though :roll:)[/QUOTE]

It's tagged used but it's factory sealed - the V type cellophane sealing. My eyeballs nearly melted when I saw it. Used it's even a good price.

Actually.. it's DOUBLE shrink wrapped. There's standard shrink wrap over the V shrink wrap. The price tags are on the V shrink.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went in search for Fire Emblem, and noticed that all the games at fye are gutted and marked used. Do used FE ring up at 9.99?

Thanks OP for this deal. I picked up Fire Emblem and Battalion Wars 2 yesterday (Phoenix, AZ) for $9.99 each. Such a steal!

FYE puts the game disc with the manual in a plastic sleeve to prevent theft.

I just remembered that I have more than one FYE near me and one of them has a huge game section. I'll probably go check it out tomorrow with my girlfriend.

No luck at the FYE's in the Triangle (NC) area. i wonder if this is part of the clearance or they are going to get more.

I snagged the last copy of Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn at the local FYE store. The look on the cashier's face was priceless he just said whoa! and stared blankly at the screen when the real price came up. When I said I'll take it he asked you'll take it? lol I responded yes.:)

He did not give me any problems but I could tell he was not happy I was getting the game so cheap.

[quote name='zensation']No luck at the FYE's in the Triangle (NC) area. i wonder if this is part of the clearance or they are going to get more.[/quote]

Hm, did you happen to go by Streets at South in Durham? I was going to check there tomorrow, but if you already hit it, guess it'll save me the time/disappointment.

[quote name='Nirron']Hm, did you happen to go by Streets at South in Durham? I was going to check there tomorrow, but if you already hit it, guess it'll save me the time/disappointment.[/quote]

well i called. i guess they could be holding one for themselves, but i doubt it because they didn't seem to know of the sale.

Yeah, I may check it out tomorrow since I'm only doing a half day. Guess worst case I'll pop my head in as there's a GS right beside it with a used copy of Opoona I want to get.

[quote name='joe50000']Same for me. It was a gutted copy. I just want the game though, and $10 is a steal.

I also found something very strange...

Jump Ultimate Stars for only $16!!!![/quote]

Yeah I got the last copy, also gutted. That doesn't really bother me, what really gets me are those green "this box is empty" stickers fused to the case. I have yet been able to remove one without leaving stretch marks on the case(even when I use goo-gone!).

Not to hijack the thread, but I came across a similiar situation. A store called "record and tape traders" had an imported Naruto game for the Nintendo DS. I don't know the name, but there was a "4" in the title... anyone know if it's worth the $18 asking price?

I only found Battalion Wars 2 (sealed). Anybody looking for that, I'll ship it out for $17.00 paypal. Pm me if interested. Will keep for two days, and then trade it in to BB, if no inquiries come my way.

[quote name='eastshore4']Yeah I got the last copy, also gutted. That doesn't really bother me, what really gets me are those green "this box is empty" stickers fused to the case. I have yet been able to remove one without leaving stretch marks on the case(even when I use goo-gone!).

Not to hijack the thread, but I came across a similiar situation. A store called "record and tape traders" had an imported Naruto game for the Nintendo DS. I don't know the name, but there was a "4" in the title... anyone know if it's worth the $18 asking price?[/QUOTE]

I thought the Naruto games were localized? check gamefaqs and ebay.

Yeah, the stickers are what bother me the most. Just use a hairdryer to loosen it first.

I went to 2 FYE's in MD, the first (in glen burnie, Marley Mall) had neither Fire Emblem or Battalion Wars, but I did pick up a copy of Alien Syndrome.

Then I went to an FYE in Arundel Mills mall (Hanover MD) and they had both Fire Emblem and Battalion Wars. I think they might of had more then the 2 games I bought but I cant be sure because all that were on the shelf were the game cases and then they had the unopened games in in a case behind the counter and I couldnt get a real good look. But one of the guys ringing me up said he was gonna buy BWII so im guessing they did.

And they still had the original price on the cases.

So anyone in MD looking for them, might wanna check Arundel Mills.

Thanks OP, Ive been looking for Fire Emblem and was dreading having to buy it off ebay.

Went today in search of Fire Emblem. The clerk looked it up in the computer but said that if it wasn't on the shelf it had probably been stolen. Apparently there is a big theft issue at that store. I did snag a battalion wars 2 though. I remember it being kind of fun when I played it as a rental.

I got BWII, Alien Syndrome for the wii and TH Proving ground for the ps3 for 9.99. I was randomly checking prices on what was left. TH was the only PS3 game I could find. I also found All Pro Football 2k8 for the 360 at 9.99. APF 2k8 is worth getting if you like football. It's also 9.99 at Kmart if interested,

[quote name='anandxxx']...and about FORTY other brand new PS2 and Xbox games, for about $3.00 each!!

Thanks, CAG!![/quote]
List? :)

[quote name='anandxxx']Picked up both FE and BWii.

...and about FORTY other brand new PS2 and Xbox games, for about $3.00 each!!

Thanks, CAG!![/quote]

I'm guessing you're talking about the sale on Xbox games, but what about the PS2 games? Did the math just work out that way or was there some kind of sale/markdowns?

bread's done
Back