YMMV: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn $9.99 at FYE

Drkirby

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Well, don't know if you all will have the same luck, but I found a sealed copy of fire emblem radiant dawn at FYE today on sale for $9.99. Also saw Tony Hawk Project 8 for the 360 at the same price. I'll post some images of it later.

If anyone can sell me batallion wars 2 for 15 bucks with shipping greatly appreciate it.

Its 20 on amazon, just putting in to perspective that just trying to get a bit a better deal.

Grabbed:

:wii: Fire Emblem (display - gutted copy)
:wii: Battalion Wars 2 (display - gutted copy)
:psp: Jeanne de Arc (sealed)
:gc: Baten Kaitos Origins (sealed - rang up $19.99 but had a $9.99 sale sticker still on it - so YMMV)

anandxxx, list of the games? the FYEs near me still have TONS of ps2 and xbox games.

The PS2 and Xbox (and GCN) games were mostly half-off of $7.99 and 9.99, and I got an additional 10% discount by getting a free trial of the FYE buyers card. Also, the clerk even took half-off of the stuff that was already on sale (which I don't think he was supposed to). But, looking at the reciepts, it seems that I exaggerated the amount. It sure felt heavy enough to be 40 games...

[quote name='Ryuukishi']List? :)[/QUOTE]

I'll give you a partial list...

Breath of Fire: DQ, Haunting Ground, Kya, Shinobi, Splashdown 2, World Destruction League, Sled Storm, Battle Engine Aquila, Voodoo Vince, Magic the Gathering, Rallisport 2, Galleon, Outrun 2, Tony Hawk 2X, Mech Assault 2, Dino Crisis 3, Eyetoy Play 2 ($20, I'll probably return it), and some other stuff that I'll probably return...

The scary part is that I kind of restrained myself.

I love going to that part of town. It seems totally CAG-free. Possibly computer-free. The clerks always look at me like I'm a magician. When that legendary Circuit City sale happened a couple of years ago, I made out like a damned bandit. Three copies of Disgaea at that location alone - when it was really rare.

Anyway, after hitting that FYE, I went to a KB next door that was closing and bought a billion toys for $20, thereby securing my position as the best uncle of all time. And then I went to Meijer, who had some sick sales on games.

And Bartlett pears!!

Plus, my new 360 was at my door when I got home today!! Everything's comin' up Anand.

I do feel kind of guilty for profiting off of the country's loss, though.

Not really.

[quote name='zensation']well i called. i guess they could be holding one for themselves, but i doubt it because they didn't seem to know of the sale.[/quote]

Well, sounds like you just saved me a ton of time, I was going to drive over to Southpoint tomorrow, but now I'll just skip it. Fire Emblem would have been a nice game to add to my sealed game collection, though as it is almost guaranteed to rise in value. To anyone thinking about flipping the game, don't, save it and flip it later on eBay. If Radiant Dawn is going OoP (which it seems to be), then you'll want to have a sealed copy when the DS version hits.

Got the last copy at Gaithersburg, MD (Lakeforest) :). I'm pretty sure they still had Battalion Wars...might go back for that.

[quote name='Doomstink']Well, sounds like you just saved me a ton of time, I was going to drive over to Southpoint tomorrow, but now I'll just skip it. Fire Emblem would have been a nice game to add to my sealed game collection, though as it is almost guaranteed to rise in value. To anyone thinking about flipping the game, don't, save it and flip it later on eBay. If Radiant Dawn is going OoP (which it seems to be), then you'll want to have a sealed copy when the DS version hits.[/quote]

The clerks at the fye I went to didn't know about the deal either. The game was labeled as $49.99 and when she rang them up she was in awe(as was I). So yeah, if they have the games there then they will ring up as $9.99 unless the price changed on the games.

[quote name='anandxxx']

I do feel kind of guilty for profiting off of the country's loss, though.

Not really.[/quote]

Yeah, if anything you're helping the economy by putting some money in the system!
I'm going to check the FYE in the Christiansburg, VA mall later today. Fingers crossed for Fire Emblem!

YESSSSSSSSS called the next closest store and they are holding a copy of fire emblem for me, 16 miles round trip is totally gonna be worth it thanks again OP and every one thats contributed

[quote name='Persona7']If someone can get a copy I would be really appreciative! I really want to play it. If you can get me 2 copies(or one fire emblem and one BW2)( one for me and my friend) I can trade you a sealed copy of P3 FES OR Arcana Heart.
My local FYE has only shovelware titles.[/QUOTE] Anybody?

I really want a sealed copy of BW2 and/orFE...Send me a PM if you got any extras.

I snagged one yesterday. Thanks for the heads up op. The game wasn't actually marked, but it rang up as $9.99. I would've grabbed some for other CAGs, but I got the last one.

[quote name='Doomstink']Well, sounds like you just saved me a ton of time, I was going to drive over to Southpoint tomorrow, but now I'll just skip it. Fire Emblem would have been a nice game to add to my sealed game collection, though as it is almost guaranteed to rise in value. To anyone thinking about flipping the game, don't, save it and flip it later on eBay. If Radiant Dawn is going OoP (which it seems to be), then you'll want to have a sealed copy when the DS version hits.[/quote]

I ended up stopping by, since I needed to go to the GS there anyway (heck I don't even care if it was sealed, I just want a reasonably priced copy) and they had a rather paltry Wii selection. I thought I saw a BWii, but it was used. The clerks were pretty mindless. My only consolation was that I managed to find a used copy of Electroplankton there for $30.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']Only found BWii. Really want to get FE just to have. Like a good CAG, I would never actually get around to playing it.[/quote]

+1 for honesty!

Picked up one yesterday, one today. Flipping them to take some money off Rock Band 2, woo hoo!

One was a gut, the other barely passed for new.

[quote name='amishpriest']Got the last copy at Gaithersburg, MD (Lakeforest) :). I'm pretty sure they still had Battalion Wars...might go back for that.[/quote]

cool im from gaithesburg to i got it there yestderday.

thanks for posting this OP. Got BW2 for myself and another Fire Emblem for trade or something. ALso if you dont see a game on the shelf, ask the cashier to check their inventory. They had a bunch of games in a case behind the counter, including BW which I didnt see on the shelf.

The closest FYE to me, which no longer carries new games anyway, didn't have either game. In fact the manager didn't even know what Fire Emblem was.

The FYE in the Christiansburg, VA mall was out of them. They did have a sale on lots of other games, though. Evidently if you buy 3 used games, CDs, or DVDs you get the 4th free.

Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that you can price match your receipt at Walmart and Best Buy, has anyone tried this? If it works some of us can start mass buying them for CAG. :)

*edit* and if it does work someone could post a scan of their receipt if they paid in cash :), i don't have a scanner but I'd scan it at the school library (if receipt price matching works).

FE only fetches $14 for trade in at GS/EB, just a heads up in case anyone was wondering. I now have 2 opened New copies available FT/FS & another one that the plastic wrap has been cut open. I found these at 3 different stores. PM me if interested.

Just got back from the FYE at Ballston Common Mall, figured I check it out before heading over to estarland. Managed to get the last copy of Conan for $10 there.

Other games that I noted on sale for $10 are as follows:
Spiderman 3
Stranglehold (Reg. Edition)
Pretty much ever EA 2008 sports title
XBLA Unplugged

Also note for the NOVA CAGs looking for the wii titles. I took a quick looks and I didn't see Fire Emblem (could have over looked it), but there were like 8 to 10 copies of BW2 left.

Thanks op! For anyone interested, the FYE in the Crossgates Mall in Albany, NY has one more copy (gutted for display but 'new') copy for $10. Colonie Center is out though.

[quote name='opportunity777']No FE or BW2, but I got the last copy of Kororinpa: Marble Mania for $20. :hot:[/quote]
damn it that's an even better deal!

Just picked up 2 copies of Fire Emblem at the Broad Street FYE in Center City Philadelphia. They also had BWii, if anyone is interested.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']damn it that's an even better deal![/QUOTE]

Considering how expensive Kororinpa has become, I couldn't believe I got it for that price either. :)

The FYE in Landmark Mall (Alexandria/Fairfax, VA/NoVA/Virginia) has Jeanne D'Arc (PSP) as well as Batallion Wars 2 (Wii), Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii), Alien Syndrome (Wii) and Code Lyoko + shirt (Wii) [as of yesterday (Saturday) afternoon]. I picked up one of each of the first three; the cashier confirmed they had more (of Fire Emblem and BW2) in stock.

There might have been other sale games available as well, but those were the ones I saw.

bread's done
Back