(YMMV?) Free one month Playstation + codes (check your e-mail)

xlaxparkax

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I usually don't start threads on CAG, so I'm sorry if I did something wrong.

I'm not sure if this goes here, but since it's PS+ related, I'll post it. Also, I didn't see this posted anywhere on the forums (I used the search bar)

I received an e-mail from Playstation Network, and it seems that they're running a special Xmas promo where they're giving PS3 users a redeemable code for a free month of Playstation Plus, along with two additional codes that you can give to anyone you want. I guess you could trade those codes with other people who have received the same e-mail and stack up to three months of Playstation Plus, but maybe you shoudln't do this (unless it is safe and within the Terms of Use/Service). The codes expire in March 2012.

Anyways, check your e-mail. The subject should read: "Free Games and Discounts for You and Your Friends". Inside, you will find your three codes.

To clarify any doubts, I was not a PS+ subscriber when I received the e-mail, and the only time I used the service was when Sony gave away that free PS+ month, along with the four games as part of their Welcome Back program. After my month was over, I never renewed my subscription, so I guess everyone should receive this e-mail.

385059_10150518048315169_517200168_10775389_1933789722_n.jpg

Edit: Apparently, if you renew your PS+ membership, you get another free month. At least that's what it says on the upper fine print from the e-mail. BTW, I AM NOT TELLING ANYONE TO TRY AND EXPLOIT THIS AND/OR HOARD CODES WITH THIS POST. WHATEVER YOU DO WITH YOUR CODES IS YOUR OWN BUSINESS, ALTHOUGH I WOULD ADVISE AGAINST DOING ANYTHING "SHADY" THAT COULD RUIN THE WHOLE THING FOR EVERYONE. Also, thanks to MICHAEL2414 for posting a better screen cap.

Here's MICHAEL2414's screencap:

9io7f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked my email and see a message from PlayStation, open it and it says Happy Holidays and Thank You... and another with a StarHawk beta invite. Oh well.

Anybody want to trade codes? to get 3 months free?

I've been trying to decide whether its worth it or not, figure this is a good way to try it out

PM me if you want to trade codes

[quote name='rpnguyen']got this e-mail as well, wonder if i can use the "for friends" codes on my own account...[/QUOTE]
Someone in the other thread said he used them all on himself.

I'd try that as long as I didn't get in trouble.

How can you get in trouble? It's just a marketing attempt to get people to try PSN Plus and then buy it.

Sure it's aimed at getting 3 different people per email sent to try it, but they aren't going to flip their lid over just one person using them, that's why there's a time frame (so someone can't stack forever).

Knowing Sony and that I am paid up for PS+ till August of 2013, I could imagine I wont be getting one :lol:.

It's just how my luck usually runs, lol.

[quote name='GenPirate']To the people receiving this email: Are you currently a Ps+ subscriber?[/QUOTE]

ya i am, e-mail is probably going out to PS+ subscribers only - edit - guess not, see below

I received the email as well. I am not a PlayStation Plus subscriber. The subject was "Free Games and Discounts for You and Your Friends" and the sender was listed as PlayStation Network. Here's what it looks like:

9io7f.jpg

Wasn't PSN having a promotion where they were going to give away a free game every 2 days for this month starting with Sonic 2? What happened to that deal? I can't seem to find anything on that promotion any more...

I'll just use them on myself, would be nice to play some games for free even though I'll lose them and get a discount on some others.

[quote name='rpnguyen']ya i am, e-mail is probably going out to PS+ subscribers only[/QUOTE]
I got it and I've never had PS+ before.

[quote name='SenorWooSuavA']Wasn't PSN having a promotion where they were going to give away a free game every 2 days for this month starting with Sonic 2? What happened to that deal? I can't seem to find anything on that promotion any more...[/QUOTE]

Europe only

[quote name='Donutkid2222']im not a plus + member and i got one. I think you need to have the option to receive email deals from sony's ps email option.[/QUOTE]

I'm opted in to receive advertisement emails and everything from Sony, but I haven't receives PS+ codes from this promo. I'm guessing it depends on when the PSN account was created, and the type of email account used. I use a comcast email account for my PSN ID, so I'd bet that's probably why I haven't received anything..

[quote name='Wario64']you guys are getting permabanned for stacking like you guys did when you stacked those $5.99 codes :p[/QUOTE]

I don't know why anyone would stack them right now anyway, it's best to use the codes when you see a discount on a game you want to buy, or need to use the cloud save feature. You're better off saving the codes until then, you have until march to redeem them. Only other reason I can see to stack all of them on one account right away is if you plan on staying a subscriber.

PS+ is all about waiting for good deals, the free games are just a bonus, not the main feature IMO.

[quote name='Wario64']you guys are getting permabanned for stacking like you guys did when you stacked those $5.99 codes :p[/QUOTE]
Did people really get banned for that?

Nobody is going to get banned for stacking this though haha.

Edit: I got the email and am not currently a + member

Sorry for the delayed update, but my pc is a POS, outdated emachines that loves to be unresponsive every five minutes. Hope that everyone gets their codes.

[quote name='panda911']Fine print says you have to have a credit card on account to redeem these trial codes. F that noise.[/QUOTE]

Insert credit, remove after redeeming, cancel auto-renew

No one got permabanned last time, i was just joking.

Also, the codes expire in march, so there's really no point in waiting unless you don't have pS+ right now

[quote name='Wario64']Insert credit, remove after redeeming, cancel auto-renew

No one got permabanned last time, i was just joking.

Also, the codes expire in march, so there's really no point in waiting unless you don't have pS+ right now[/QUOTE]

That was my point, if you don't have PS+ right now it's better to wait to redeem the codes until there are PS+ deals that you're interested in. If you're a current subscriber or plan or staying a subscriber it doesn't really matter if you use them now, but for people that only plan to keep PS+ for 3 months then you might miss out on a deal that you want by redeeming them too early.. March is plenty of time to wait for deals.

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']I am PS+ member ( since february of this year) and I am paid up deep into next year and didn't receive the email.[/QUOTE]

I'm a PS+ member and did receive the email around 2am.

Not a PS+ member, only did it during the trial. And, my PS3 had been YLOD almost since the welcome back program, but I've had my PSN account since January 2008 and I also have probably at least $200 worth of PSN content on my account, so if you guys wanna find some common denominator..

[quote name='etcrane']I'm happy to share my two extra codes ... I would appreciate something having to do with StarHawk in return ... that which cannot be named (or requested in this case). PM me if anyone would like to share in the holiday spirit.[/QUOTE]
How was this normally obtained? It seems like I might have one laying around somewhere and if so I'll just give it to you. Sorry if Im wrong and I dont :)

Edit: thanks for the PM ec appreciate it.

Got it, thanks OP. I would have never caught this in my junk email folder otherwise. I was just thinking it'd be great to have PS+ for a month to pick up a quick upload for all these games i got through in the past few weeks.

[quote name='Calinks']Man, didn't get a damn thing as usual.[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling, I never got my $6 code.

Yes, I checked the same junk folder.

yeah, I received the same email. I currently have two accounts, only 1 got the e-mail (main account), and my second account didnt get the email.

Nothing for me as well, I just went to the playstation network site and it does say I'm opted in to receive emails, but when I think about it I can't ever remember having received any in a very very long time. How often do you all who got the ps + email get emails from playstation?

bread's done
Back