(YMMV?) Free one month Playstation + codes (check your e-mail)

xlaxparkax

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I usually don't start threads on CAG, so I'm sorry if I did something wrong.

I'm not sure if this goes here, but since it's PS+ related, I'll post it. Also, I didn't see this posted anywhere on the forums (I used the search bar)

I received an e-mail from Playstation Network, and it seems that they're running a special Xmas promo where they're giving PS3 users a redeemable code for a free month of Playstation Plus, along with two additional codes that you can give to anyone you want. I guess you could trade those codes with other people who have received the same e-mail and stack up to three months of Playstation Plus, but maybe you shoudln't do this (unless it is safe and within the Terms of Use/Service). The codes expire in March 2012.

Anyways, check your e-mail. The subject should read: "Free Games and Discounts for You and Your Friends". Inside, you will find your three codes.

To clarify any doubts, I was not a PS+ subscriber when I received the e-mail, and the only time I used the service was when Sony gave away that free PS+ month, along with the four games as part of their Welcome Back program. After my month was over, I never renewed my subscription, so I guess everyone should receive this e-mail.

385059_10150518048315169_517200168_10775389_1933789722_n.jpg

Edit: Apparently, if you renew your PS+ membership, you get another free month. At least that's what it says on the upper fine print from the e-mail. BTW, I AM NOT TELLING ANYONE TO TRY AND EXPLOIT THIS AND/OR HOARD CODES WITH THIS POST. WHATEVER YOU DO WITH YOUR CODES IS YOUR OWN BUSINESS, ALTHOUGH I WOULD ADVISE AGAINST DOING ANYTHING "SHADY" THAT COULD RUIN THE WHOLE THING FOR EVERYONE. Also, thanks to MICHAEL2414 for posting a better screen cap.

Here's MICHAEL2414's screencap:

9io7f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='darkWHALE']Here's a couple more, Enjoy.
PJGJ-HCNC-QANE
FAF8-96N3-K5EA[/QUOTE]
Both are used, wow that was pretty quick. Thanks for sharing though.

Wait should the email show more then one code? Because all I saw in my email was one code which I used and I assume its to be used for just me so where are the other two codes for "friends"

[quote name='superhippy1986']Umm guys I only see the one code for me and not for two friends. WTF?![/QUOTE]
Hey it's better than nothing, so people didnt get any.

[quote name='SHOaks']Hey it's better than nothing, so people didnt get any.[/QUOTE]

^Yeah...

[quote name='panda911']Fine print says you have to have a credit card on account to redeem these trial codes. F that noise.[/QUOTE]
Yep. This is what I was coming here to post just now. After the whole thing with them getting hacked, I'd rather not take a chance even giving them my cc info for half a nanosecond.

Got one today, wouldn't have even looked at it without this thread, thanks op. Came with all three codes. I don't really use the free games so I'll probably wait until a good sale comes around, and just stack them before the cutoff date if nothing comes up.

Like skytreader I would also like one if anyone has an extra or two. I am interested in the service. The games seem like a better deal than what I get from live. My gold runs out in Feb so I will either renew that or switch to PSPlus.

edit: ALL GONE
Got three codes I don't want. Send me a PM and I'll give you one.

Keep in mind you need to link a credit card to you account to redeem the code. That was the turn off for me.
edit: ALL GONE

I am on their notification list for emails but haven't gotten one yet. Hopefully they are still sending them out.

[quote name='officerrickyross222']have 3 im willing to trade for psn credit really want the gamestop 3 dollar code pm if interested[/QUOTE]

have 2 left if anyone is interested

i got the email too. i wasnt even aware till just now. thanks for the thread. i overlooked it with my usual emails

I didn't get the email, even though I was a PS+ subscriber for a while when it 1st came out. If anyone wants to send me one I'd be super duper grateful!

so is stacking all 3 on your account ok? i stacked 2 of the video unlimited codes and nothing happened thinking of waiting til strangers wrath comes out then stacking all 3

[quote name='dchrisd']Keep in mind you need to link a credit card to you account to redeem the code. That was the turn off for me.[/QUOTE]

Ouch, does Sony just want to create another fiasco?

I got the e-mail last night and all. I just wonder if I can use them all though. Like I use one, wait until it expires and then use another. I fear account getting banned for something like that though, wouldn't be fair and I don't think they mention or warn of stacking them.

A shame I don't really look into the PS Store so I dunno when I should use my code and all. Suppose I should look and see of any PS+ discounts and see if any are games I want.

Dumb question..If I had 20 dollars in my PSN wallet and I cancel my auto renew.. would they pull money from the wallet in 3 months?

Still lookin' for a free one as I haven't gotten that email yet. If anyone can help me out, I would be super grateful!

Check your Spam folders. I'm using Gmail and typically all Playstation emails come to my inbox. I had a "Thank You" email in my Spam folder. I didn't get any free codes (haven't kept up on the topic, but it looks like you needed to sign up for the free month they gave due to the hacking (which I never did)), but wanted to give a heads up that you may want to check the Spam folder as my latest email was filtered there.

You can tell this deal sucks for one it got a fraction of the amount of posts and views compared to the $5.99 voucher. And with the $5.99 voucher almost no one gave theirs away. Everyone is giving these vouchers away lol.

bread's done
Back